Is Akira the best manga of all time?

Looking at best of lists always containing stuff like Naruto and Bleach seems pretty retarded

I think so, honestly definitely in my top 5.

Definitely up there

I like Nausicaa and Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou more.

Not in my opinion, no.
>best of lists always containing stuff like Naruto and Bleach
What the fuck? How is that relevant to the thread, and why are you even reading these random shitlists to begin with?

It's relevant to the thread because it's in the OP you stupid shitcunt

Okay, let me rephrase:
How is the fact that some retarded normalfag somewhere thinks Naruto is the best manga relevant to the question of whether Akira is the best manga?

From the audience, awards and especialized sites its universally accepted that the canon of manga/anime is:

1. Ghost in the Shell
2. Spirited away
3. Devilman
4. Yu yu Hakashu
5. Pokemon
6. Black Jack
7. Slam Dunk
8. Dragon Ball
9. Berzerk
10. Bleach
11. One Piece
12. Monster
13. Akira
14. Perfect blue
15. Neon Genesis Evangelion
16. Jojo Bizarre Adventures
17. Naruto
18. Gantz
19. Cowboy Bebop
20. One Punch Man
The rest is random garbage with fanservice and hentai just for weirdos who idolises child-like characters.
But really the canon is the essential, the best authors of the medium, the best drawings.

OP here :
I can never find "good" lists if that makes sense, so I wanted to ask you guys that are super knowledgeable about the medium where Akira ranks, cause every time I try and look for lists of good stuff to read it's just shounens everywhere and the usual suspects (I've never come across Akira in these but surely it seemed like it should be ranked highly).

Also if you're wondering why I don't simply ask Sup Forums for a list : I just reckoned it'd devolve in a bit of memery

It's certainly one of the best looking manga, but its story and characters are pretty lacking.

1. Yotsuba

Uh, did we read the same manga? I'd agree with you if we were talking about the film, but the manga has so much more depth.

Watch more anime

These are good picks. I'd probably add an Urasawa and Buronson manga too.

The problem is the concept of a 'best of' list is inherently retarded and nobody with a mental capacity beyond middle school should pay such nonsense any heed.

Holy fuck, please fuck off of this board forever.

I agree that you can't have a definitive "best of" list. But I think you can give some of the 10 best of for example, knowing that good ones were left off. For example, what would be your fave manga if I may ask?

The amount of detail in the art and backgrounds was fucking staggering in the manga. I wonder if Otomo will ever make anymore movies

>Cowboy Bebop under any of those

>No Gundam
>No Hokuto no Ken
>No Mazinger
>No LoGH
Wow

Why are you replying to an obvious shitposter.

Making lists, sure that's fine. But sticking to specific numbers like 10, trying to rank your entries, and mixing all different types and styles of works together is a waste of time. A good list needs to be specific in scope and not worry about exact ranking.

Unfortunately, I don't read much manga. Occasionally a series here or there when it catches my eye on Sup Forums, often the stuff Hox translates or recommends, etc. If I had to pick a favorite I'd probably go with author Mohiro Kitoh, but not any specific work of his. I could easily give a list of my favorite anime though.

Lone Wolf and Cub but Akira is great.

Zero reasons to out another mecha anime on the canon. Evangelion is the ultimate.

This board is a big nonsense waifu circljerk with some pedos on the middle. You're not a critic of the medium, i'm, i'm educating everyone here.

Its the canon list, in no order really. Its like the bible. You can switch pisitions.
Yeah the best is Ghost in the shell. Yea Cowboy Bebop should be #2 or top 5.

I'm the bible of anime & manga. I write for a magazine.
You're a reflection of this boards threads: animes like K-on, keijo, umaru, "lolis", holy shit poor taste.

Alright I'll bite, why is Eva more important to Mecha than Gundam or Mazinger?

20th century boys is up there too

It's not. Eva is probably more important to anime as a whole, but Gundam and Mazinger are both much more important to Mecha in general.

Reported for blatant shitposting.

>>(Me)
Reported for announcing reports

I agree, I just want to listen to what bullshit he comes up with.

>mecha in general
More important to mecha in specific. Must be seeing red with all this retardation floating around here.

The plastic and iconicism of NGE is unmatchable and the designs and characters of it reached higher places in the pip culture than any other anime/manga besides pokemon

The canon is decided.

It would be if it didn't completely shit the bed with pretty much everything after Fukube's death.

All of that is terrible. Good job, tool.
Cowshit Bebop isn't good. It's actually terrible.

Nah, Cowboy Bebop is legitimately good, but it is massively overrated in the west.

>The plastic and iconicism of NGE is unmatchable
where is the one to one size Unit One then? How does Eva's razor commercial stack up against Char getting his own custom Toyota Auris on the markets?

20th century boys has one of the best first halves of anything I've ever read. It would have been a serious contender for best manga of all time if it maintained that quality to the end.

No it's not, it's legitimately terrible. It's Westaboo Adult Swim trash that people like because it makes their fedoras flap and their trilbies tremble.

>no Blame! in the entire thread
You guys are all faggots

It doesn't overstay its welcome unlike the slog Bleach and Naruto is.

EVA to scale varies but it's typically 100 meters you dolt.

Then where is the 20 meter scaling of it?

Obligatory Ashita no Joe mention

Urasawa can never wrap stories up for some reason, but yeah the first half was great.

pls do research summer child

Here is truescale EVA

Hadn't heard about that one before. Kind of wish they made it look a little more metallic.

Apparently that's in Shanghai, and was only finished a few months ago.

Generally I consider it pretty up there, though probably not the best,

Shigurui deserves mention for being one of those high quality mangas.
Kokou no Hito as well.

that was a great crossover ep

The canon is decided.The essential that habe the perfect balance of quality art and meaning. I'm educating you with hig art best of the medium.

You have bad taste and likes waifu soft hentai, lolis an k-On, i'm here to save you of your surface level western weeboo 'taste'.

that's not punpun

Stop baiting.

Its a prize.

These bad boys are the top. Its creators are the masters.

Look again the canon:

Board ▼ Settings Home
Sup Forums - Anime & Manga

Return Catalog Bottom
Update Auto
1 new post
Post a Reply

...Anonymous
08/18/17(Fri)00:03:32 No.161256776
286 KB
286 KB JPG

Looking at best of lists always containing stuff like Naruto and Bleach seems pretty retarded
...Anonymous
08/18/17(Fri)00:11:58 No.161257070
210 KB
210 KB JPG
I think so, honestly definitely in my top 5.
...Anonymous
08/18/17(Fri)00:16:22 No.161257202
Definitely up there
...Anonymous
08/18/17(Fri)00:43:30 No.161258004
I like Nausicaa and Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou more.
#
...Anonymous
08/18/17(Fri)00:45:01 No.161258066
(OP) #
Not in my opinion, no.
>best of lists always containing stuff like Naruto and Bleach
What the fuck? How is that relevant to the thread, and why are you even reading these random shitlists to begin with?
#
...Anonymous
08/18/17(Fri)00:50:45 No.161258233
#
It's relevant to the thread because it's in the OP you stupid shitcunt
#
...Anonymous
08/18/17(Fri)00:52:19 No.161258280
#
Okay, let me rephrase:
How is the fact that some retarded normalfag somewhere thinks Naruto is the best manga relevant to the question of whether Akira is the best manga?
#
...A&M Canon List !PvSUU.T4BA
08/18/17(Fri)01:28:44 No.161259272
(OP) #
From the audience, awards and especialized sites its universally accepted that the canon of manga/anime is:

1. Ghost in the Shell
2. Spirited away
3. Devilman
4. Yu yu Hakashu
5. Pokemon
6. Black Jack
7. Slam Dunk
8. Dragon Ball
9. Berzerk
10. Bleach
11. One Piece
12. Monster
13. Akira
14. Perfect blue
15. Neon Genesis Evangelion
16. Jojo Bizarre Adventures
17. Naruto
18. Gantz
19. Cowboy Bebop
20. One Punch Man
Best drawings. Best stories. Colossal impact. Passionate fanbases. Iconic characters. Jheez.

Yeah I'm still waiting for them to make Char's zaku 1:1.

We all do, but for now we have to make due with pic related.

Asano truly is a hack. That manben episode really opened my eyes.

Oh please.

When a top manga doesn't include Tezuka's Buddha I internally REEEEEEE.

I think Realism is shit