He pretend to like this show because he thinks it makes him appear intelligent

>He pretend to like this show because he thinks it makes him appear intelligent

>he posts stale bait on Sup Forums in 2017

You don't seem to understand.

A shame, you seemed an honest man.

I found it interesting especially while under the influence but I wouldn't rewatch. It was more art than entertainment.

>watching anime to appear anything
What the fuck is wrong with you?

I like it since Lain is cute and the atmosphere is neat.

I think most fans of the series genuinely enjoyed it and like the atmosphere and interesting storytelling. People who try to show off with the anime they watch don't see Lain as something very impressive, so I don't think they're really that much of a factor.

I love Lain because she is real.
What would showoffs brag about?

Reminder that Lain IS the eight layer on the internet

>doesn't seem to understand
>"everyone is just pretending to like it"

>Not loving Lain.

>tfw I never understood
I'll probably get it next time around.

mfw when I like all of these shows that I have seen and consider them all in my top 20 probably

>starter packs

I like it because I like cute girls and I like the dark 90s atmosphere.

ergo proxy is trash

>OP is just baiting because he just wanted an excuse to post lain
Not even mad.

>ate] [Auto] 4 new posts
I have Ergo as a 7 or 6 on my mal, so it's definitely not in my top 20. I was trying to get across the sentiment that I liked most of the shows.

>mal

What's wrong with mal lol?

Those are all excellent shows though, except ergo proxy.

I have never seen the show but I really love the OP

It'll take you about 6 hours to watch the entire show dude. Get on that.

>lol

I don't really know what to think of the show but I do kind of like the atmosphere. Reminds me of Eraserhead in a way. Really fucking fucking weird.

Okay Sup Forums so I just watch this so first first time so but nobody would to tell me that THIS CANICATURE is type to such AUTICITICISM.
It's astound me that anyoney would to tell me otherwise, when though armosphere and messique were of the quality, the rest of overcast by the draining flaw in the STORY: the asectisism of the main Chanicaret: Senial elegy Lain's lain.
Tell me, though i have in the past menuted the anisceral that this Lain, the serial experiment's Lain tends to portray, it is as of yet not anticherated as to the identity of this caricature?
I mean in every encode (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,13) she Shows not for exception of obsession with childish things like computer and a lack of social funct.
Would you deny me my conclutions which the world has given me right?

>my face when when
>no image

and Tatami Galaxy is an alright show which is overrated to hell
Ping Pong is the best Yuasa

>implying there's anything wrong with Lain, Kaiba or GiTS

People happen to like these shows because they're good. Stop posting your stupid meme.

half of them are shit

Trash show for pretentious autists

Nice trips

I could say the same thing about pic related and it would apply to most of Sup Forums.

but I actually like that show and I know beyond any trace of a doubt I'm dumber than a bag of hammers

>xkcd
Fuck off.

Dude, I was making fun of OP because he has the same shitty attitude, chill out.

I only watched this show for lain pajama

i actually agree with everything but haibane renmei. why the fuck is it there?

I have some bad news for you.

go ahead

I don't think anyone that watches anime is under the illusion that they are intelligent (not for long anyway)

Intelligent people talk about ideas, philosophy. Anime is escapism. I love anime for that reason, because after a day of hard decisions in work I get to release my stress and anxieties in perfect worlds full of fun and colour

I enjoyed most of these FUCK Eva but I am neither pretentious nor a weeb.

I L O V E L A I N

>He can't fathom people liking something he doesn't like so he shitposts on Sup Forums to alleviate his insecurities

I only watched this show because aesthetics and gloomy atmosphere go well together.

Also because I'd raep Lain.

>I only watched this show because aesthetics and gloomy atmosphere go well together.
That's the number one reason for like DEEPfag anime.

typical serial excrements lain fan

I think it's one of those anime that you don't get a fucking clue what's going on until the very last episode which I wasn't a fan of so didn't finish it.

you need a hero

You are a pretentious weeb.

most of those shows are legitimately good, what's your point? I won't stop liking them just because you think it's pretentious

>I didn't get it so it must be pretentious. GTFO!

>Welcome to the NHK
>pretentious

My favorite is the opposite
>He pretend to hate this show because he thinks it makes him appear intelligent

this, the worst part is that most of the time they haven't even watched it

>he watched this show even though he knew he was too stupid to get it
>he blames others for his own inadequacy
>moeshit

>and Tatami Galaxy is an alright show which is overrated to hell
I think you have to be a certain age to really appreciate it, probably 30+ is minimum

how do you get that show? elaborate, and no "hurrdurr you have to get it urself, and im not sayin that cuz theres no idea behind lain mmkay??" please.

Lain is too deep for me to truly understand it, but it's still one of my favourite anime and I like it a lot. You don't need to understand all the messages to enjoy it.

>mmkay??

and don't forget to take lain there too

Reminds me of that guy on Sup Forums calling MGS pretentious because he didn't understand the story

Because it has clear signs of depth with its abstract symbolism, they never reveal the mysteries and they use smart sounding words like "sin" and "salvation".

Almost as if the show deals with what having faith truly means and offers a spiritual journey towars finding peace in the unknowable so revealing those same mysteries would destroy everything the show tries to accomplish thematically. Haibane has been out for almost 15 years now and people still can't seem to understand something that simple even though it's very obvious.

Haibane is trash desu

Haibane is great desu

But I have watched it

And (YOU) don't seem to understand.

TRIGGER NIGGERED

The potential cinematic and tonal excellence is drowned out by the awful theme in the form of a hackneyed 'moral of the story'

Don't worry, there's a Sup Forums chart too.

Anime fans shouldn't be allowed to use such large words.

>donkey kong
>pretentious
?

It would have been better if he'd used Tropical Freeze because it was on a console no one bought.

where's fallout 2?

>Guaranteedreplies.png
(You) must be the Master Baiter

P R E S E N T D A Y!

>no morrowind or gothic

These threads and Miyazaki-posting used to be my favorite on Sup Forums

I am a semi-noob.I have watched like 20 anime shows.I haven't been able to watch anime in last 2 years due to pressure from uni.So recommend some good anime to watch.

you 20 anime faggot
Boku no fuck off
>noob
the word is newfag

You need to be a bit more specific. Are you talking about the show's treatment of suicide? Or the "be good to others" in order to create some kind of symbiosis?

Because even in that regard Haibane is far from offering a "hackneyed 'moral of the story'".

Shin Sekai no Yori

Isn't that the one where the bad guys win?

I'm not even sure if I liked it or not.

Not sure if you're trolling but there weren't really any bad guys. They just had to live with the only available solution for espers and ordinary humans to coexist after the events of the show. It's pretty good.

I thought the suicide analogy was clumsy and the redemption moral detracted form what made the first half good which was the exploration of setting and character without the veil of social commentary. It let the characters breath more and let the viewer acclimatise to them not because of this full frontal emotional appeal but simply because they were part of the main characters personal journey of self discovery.
Fuck the second half of haibane

No, I like it because I like the computer history shit and how it predicted the internet and its social impact today.
Also, Lain a cute.

>implying Mother 3, Majora Mask, Castlevania and Silent Hill 2 are not masterpieces even today

lol.

The social commentary isn't even prevalent, it's the characters' spiritual journey to redemption and in a way, self-actualization the show works on enhancing more than anything else. Even the "be good to others" thing is a tenet of their own personal revelations, that stems from something individual to them, it has nothing to do with societal implications.

>haibane renmei
????

this

>doesn't like eva
>not pretentious
uh huh

So what you're saying is that you disliked the veil of "social commentary" but also disliked the two main characters' personal and self-reflective journey towards finding redemption, it almost sounds like you're contradicting yourself here. The exploration always comes from the characters and what's happening to them and their relationship, they never take a back seat, that's why I have a hard time understanding the whole "veil of social commentary" thing you spouted.

And not noticing that the first half is basically a huge set-up for the second half is kind of hilarious too. I still fail to see how putting the themes at the forefont with a full emotional appeal makes the show bad all of a sudden, and the unassuming literal exploration of the setting is as relevant as the main characters' inner struggles when it comes to their personal journey of self-discovery.

Digibro?

Let me put it to you this way. The first half is about the main character coming to terms with what happened to her and discovering herself. There is no unneeded off-screen source of melodrama. The suicide takes away from her character massively not inherently because of the suicide but more so how it hijacks and overwhelms the rest of her exploration and the rest of the narrative focus. It goes from being an amnesiacs journey of self discovering in a strange and exotic world to a little girl and a cake holding each other and trying to convince the other to forgive themselves.
I didn't come into haibane expecting or wanting a character study on suicide survivor guilt and, for half of it at least, I wasn't given that. Instead there was an enchanting show with an enthralling setting and comely characters that gets shit on by the author's desire to give it more 'depth' and 'meaning' than it needed and ultimately cheapening any statements or artistry the series had began to put forward