The question on whether or not anime characters are white is one of the stupidest controversies I've ever seen...

The question on whether or not anime characters are white is one of the stupidest controversies I've ever seen. Can someone explain to me why it exists.

why not?

It exists because PEOPLE WILL NOT SHUT UP ABOUT IT!

Because it's another example of politics getting into places it shouldn't be

this was resolved ages ago
if you want the reasons go plug it into google
no fuck off

I think a lot of americans are not used to the level of abstraction used in anime/manga, their comics are much "realistic". So they get confused, and they start acting weird.

Because secretly japs want to be caucasian coz whites beat their ass so hard in ww2.

What manga is this?

Anime characters are whatever you want them to be

Google is your friend newfag.
Also lurk moar, before creating a thread.
This is a garbage thread that just tries to stir controversy.

At this point it's just because it's guaranteed to get a rise from someone.

It was settled, but not in the way you think, newfags. Reddit told you that anime characters are Japanese, because HURR DURR EVER1 SEES THEIR OWN FACES. But Sup Forums discovered long ago that Japan draws Korean characters with racist slant-eyed faces, meaning they're very aware that Asian characters should look different. Anime and manga characters are based consciously or unconsciously off of Western aesthetics.

In your quest to call someone else a newfag, you've outed yourself as a newfag.

Japs like white people just like most asians. Get used to it. Why do you thino blonde people are the most popular in asia?

Are you retarded?
I never made a claim about how anime characters look, I just insulted the thread.
Every person who knows how to use a computer, should be able to look into the history of anime designs.

>Reddit told you that anime characters are Japanese
Also since you use Reddit, you should go back to your garbage site.

PS: Even ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

The only people asking such stupid questions are normalfags who should either stay on Facebook or get banned.

>mod butthurt ITT because loli trump
Cancerous but lets see where this goes.

The question is why anime and manga characters look Western so often.

Your answer that you got from reddit:
>THEY DON'T LOOK WESTERN IT'S A PSYCHOLOGICAL EFFECT WHERE EVERYONE SEES THEMSELVES IN A SMILEY FACE
Actual answer:
>The Japanese based anime and manga off of Western cartoons and comics, and much of their idea of beauty comes from Western art and media influencing them. They are aware of the differences in how their eyes and features look compared to non-Asians, but only choose to draw such things in limited scenarios (such as making fun of other Asians they don't like).

>Your answer that you got from reddit:
I got no answer from Reddit because I don't use the site, but you seemingly do since you know what they are talking about.

That you lack basic reading comprehension isn't helping.

European features are much more defined than asian features. Their nose in particular is more prominent, whereas asians tend to have a softer, flatter appearance. While clear-cut features do exist in the asian population, generally speaking the average people don't have it. It is therefore a desirable trait.

Still, universally for men having a defined jaw line, pronounced nose and nonslanty eyes is desirable. For women its large, round eyes with small features that signifies youth.

Anime in general take these desirable traits and magnify them. E.g, large eyes, defined nose and small chins.

>whites have big noses and big chins
Why do whites think like op

>Anime in general take these desirable traits and magnify them
>defined nose

Are you for real?

>one of the stupidest controversies I've ever seen
>asks for an explanation
Why, who cares?

>Western
Just say white.

I miss having noses in anime

>named ochinchin chingadingalingadong
>white
>meanwhile Sup Forums shits all over itself debating whether anglos and slavs are white
No. They're not.