Procreation is immoral

Prove me wrong, my argument is pic related

The gnostics believed this to be true.

They all were killed.

This presumes pleasure and pain are the singular and most important features of human value

>no pain
>good

Please clarify before I call you a nigger.

What don't you understand?

By that logic abortion is also immoral, since you create something, put it in immense pain and then kill it.

Give me two more universal human experiences

You can't grow without pain.

Just summarize your argument in a clear way.

KYS

Yes, if life were about what is strictly known, and you subscribed to strict nihilistic atheism, existing isn't preferable to not existing.

But, there's more to it. Quantum physics proves the existence of some kind of god. Schrodinger was pulling on the string of it, but he wasn't a video gamer, so he didn't know.

This particle-wave duality that small particles undergo when they aren't being observed is exactly like the behavior of elements of open-world games when the player leaves the area.

If we were to think of Maiq the Liar as Schrodinger's cat of the Elder Scrolls - when the player is around, he's as mortal as any other npc, but when the player leaves, Maiq is able to go from town to town acrossed a landscape dotted with monsters, and he's able to do so because the game, in an effort to preserve resources, calculates elements not under observation of the player by a simplified formula in order to save resources.

The fact that on the quantum level, small particles will follow probability formulas when not under human observation implies the universe is first of all finite and second of all exists for human 'benefit'.

Most likely, God exists and our reality is little more than a tutorial level which is why He generally doesn't give a crap what we do to each other here. That implies the best thing to do about existence is to suck it up and hope the afterlife is better.

It is wrong to bring others into existence because you are then responsible for a state of affairs in which they are worse off than if they had not existed.

You are guarenteed some pleasure if you exist and guarenteed some pain (some pleasure = good, some pain = bad). You are guarenteed not to have any pleasure or pain if you do not exist (no pleasure = not bad, no pain = good).

(Good + bad) < (not bad + good)
Existing is worse than not existing

Yes, and?

This. Pain is strength.

war is peace, ignorance is strength

that's fucking pathetic

That can't work as a model for human morality, because you are arguing for voluntary extinction

Hey there Pascal, didnt know you browsed the chon

>I can't bear a little pain and cave in under the slightest pressure
Man up, nigger

Ignorance = / = contrasting with strength
?
user and you high.

It's a George Orwell quote

This is tied to a belief called “anti-Natalism” which I studied and believed until I got my dick wet then I realized how much life has to offer so now I’ll have kids and teach them to court and marry. If you do not want to get married it’s because you have committed to a life of servitude to God, and people with that belief find great joy in life’s challenges.

To Atheists, yes, anti natalism is the end game. Find a new world view or live forever depressed.

No appeals to religion plz

Pascal's Wager is facile

my desire to reproduce and pass on my genes overrides the realization of the fact that life is a cycle of eternal suffering

>All pain
>Bad
>All pleasure
>Good

Thx for your honesty

Except that’s entirely wrong.
To not have pleasure is “not bad”, but the absence of pain isn’t “good”. It’s just “not good”. In fact, in the absence of pleasure, the lack of pain is “bad”. It has been proven that boredom and indifference is the most critically terrifying of experiences for humans, and demonstrations have been made in controlled circumstances where men and women, locked inside a room with nothing to do for a prolonged period of time, would touch a pain inducing button just because “it’s there and there is nothing else to do”.

Non existence, emptiness of feeling and the “void” are the most cruel of fates. One might of course argue that someone that isn’t even born cannot experience boredom, however there is no need to argue that far with such a silly premise as OPs, because OP states that pleasure and pain are equally weighed as equivalent, when in fact pleasure is very positive and pain is only slightly negative, in the end the outcome tends to be positive, which is why most people do not suicide and fear death instead.

In the example that I have given, people choose pain over nothing, which means pain is sometimes “the lesser evil”, and therefore not extremely bad. It simply doesn’t negate pleasure.

>hedonism
Not even once.

Love, confusion, dread, sadness.

Faulty assumption:
>good + bad < good + not bad
The assumption being that "good + not bad" exists. This is patently false, since the very potential for things to go well implies the existence of an alternate state where they do not go so well, which is the bad. As long as there are graded possibilities good and bad must both exist.