Have anime girls been aesthetically perfected at this point in your opinion?

Have anime girls been aesthetically perfected at this point in your opinion?

There may be an even higher level. We don't know yet.

To fuck? Yeah

It's probably as good as this design could be. I really like the little bottom lipstick thing thats become common place the last half decade. I like that their eyes aren't gigantic anymore, they've found a happy medium between Xbox huge and too small to be cute, just big enough to be really cute. I like the hair gradients and the abnormally pretty eyes. I like that anime girls are more rounded and less sharp. I like that body proportions in general are more rounded, cute and sexy. They've refined this design a lot over the years in a lot of little ways.

Yes

I think it was perfected to a science in the mid to late aughts, and now character designers are in a fast paced arms race trying to make each new waifu waifuier than the last. So many of them are loaded down with special snowflake hair styles and donut steel accessories, they look like they just survived a shopping mall explosion. We're now starting to see a regression in design philosophy, and characters that would've been considered bland and unoriginal in the 90s, like Shiburin and Ueno, are now resonating strongly with peoples' innate attraction to simplicity. However, once such characters return to being the norm, the pendulum will swing back the other way.

>I really like the little bottom lipstick thing thats become common place the last half decade
Me too, its my favorite thing.

Anime girls have been improved down to a science.

Anime guys have become worse and worse though.

I hate this so much.

Not really, if you just compare what's popular now vs a couple of years ago there's a big change in style. Only a casual newfag would be unable to spot the difference.

They need longer sleeves. I want to see sleeves dragging metres behind them

>make each new waifu waifuier than the last
A waifu is a character you are married to. That's all it is. It's impossible for a character to intrinsically be a waifu. That's not what waifu means.

I dislike the perma-blushing tbqh, it just looks weird.

I know this is Sup Forums but could you tone the autism down just a smidge?

Stating facts is autism?

Yes

yes

The generic look of modern anime has some limitations:
>limited variation in character design
In order to keep everyone equally cute, the exact same ideal body is given to everyone, with distinctions mostly down to haircut and subtle eye differences.
>inadequate for display at every angle
Girls' heads often look particularly weird when angled to see under their chin.
>emphasis on staying pretty and on-model over expressive animation
You're less likely to see things like pic related today.

>The generic look of modern anime
There is no such thing.

>limited variation in character design
There is nos such thing as this either.

>the exact same ideal body is given to everyone, with distinctions mostly down to haircut and subtle eye differences.
Anime character design is not based on body types and unique faces, and there are different body types anyway.

>emphasis on staying pretty and on-model over expressive animation
This varies a lot.

Try actually watching anime.

>facts
>a waifu is a character you are married to.
is not a fact. What's autistic is reading a post and thinking "I'm going to respond to this, but I'm not going to contribute to the discussion at all, instead I only want to wax pedantic about the use of a made up term only 15 years old that doesn't even have a concrete definition in the first place, it's only my interpretation of the expression"

Stating facts is not autism, and I contributed to the thread by correcting a factual error.

Except it's not a fact and calling it a fact doesn't just make it a fact.

It is a fact. The anime community just has a pathological need to misuse every single word they possibly can.

It's not a fact. You can call it a fact all day and you'll always be wrong. Facts can be proven. In fact, I can provide proof that disproves your statement. Primarily, there exist no legal marriages between a human and a cartoon character, so if waifu literally meant wife, no one on the planet would have a waifu. And in it's earliest usage, it was commonly used as nothing more than a term of endearment used to express one's interest or attraction in a character. Only recently and only in small groups does anyone use it as being a literal equivalent to a wife.
So it's not a fact.

You think I was talking about an actual marriage, and you have the fucking nerve to call me autistic.

This is peak aesthetics

>You think I was talking about an actual marriage
Probably because you said "A waifu is a character you are married to"
You were talking about marriage, you brought it up and used the word. No amount of backpedaling or goalpost shifting can save you.
You dish autism out, better be prepared to get autism blasted back at you.

If you weren't so autistic you might have been able to deduce the obvious fact that I was not speaking literally.

The only backpedaling here is on your end.

I haven't backpedaled an inch. I wholeheartedly stand behind every sentence I've said. You're upset now because you don't have a leg to stand on, you're desperate to grab at any straw to stay afloat. You have nothing to support your claims and nothing to rebut my own. Behold, witness the power of autism. Maybe next time you'll think twice before you want to argue semantics about made-up words you don't even fully understand.

I was not speaking literally and anyone not autistic would have understood that immediately. Just stop.

Get a room you two.

This meme is idiotic and so are you.