Did anyone ironically enjoy this show or was it just a reaction face source. Most the jokes were painfully unfunny

Did anyone ironically enjoy this show or was it just a reaction face source. Most the jokes were painfully unfunny.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ibd8t5iI23A
youtube.com/watch?v=87kf99R96Fw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pleb filter working as intended. Sasuga KyoAni.

read the manga

Nope, it was unfunny shit with forced animation

I love absurd humor. If you knew Beckett Ionesco Gombrowicz or whatever you wpuld have known already that they never intended to make jokes. They are funnie nonetheles

It was hilarious. Never laughed so much in my edgy life.

Are there any Buddhism experts here who could identify those mudras?

In joke paradise for the uberweebs.

It wasn't funny.

Nichibros was funny though.

I like fast cars and my wife is a slut

The manga is really good.

I liked it. It was fun and 2nd opening is one of my all time favorites.

It was good surreal humor
Nichibros was good hyperbolic humor

Never watched it desu

I couldn't watch more than 3 episodes. Not my kind of funny.

I like more lighthearted stuff.

I found it pretty comfy.

>forced animation
Kill yourself.

From what I've heard the only reason you SHOULD find this amusing is if youre fluent in Japanese and understand all the linguistic jokes. Thats at least what a couple people told me when they explained why they thought it was funny. Sounds logical to me, since I thought that this was very likely the worst "comedy" I have ever watched. But then again, I am not fluent in Japanese and cant really appreciate the nuances of the language. At least its pretty I guess.

Alright, I think I got it. The Miroku (Maitreya) on Mai's desk is in the classic Japanese pose for his bodhisattva form, with the right leg crossed over the left knee and the right hand touching the cheek.
The Jizou on Mio's desk is more interesting. He holds the standard wish-granting gem in his left hand, but the right hand is forming varadamudra instead of holding a staff.
Perhaps it's implying that Mio receives a blessing to help her through the hell that is being Yuuko's friend. Meanwhile, Mai and the future Buddha bide their time.

I thought it was funny but humor is subjective

A lot of it was hit or miss. But the hits were absolute gold.

More misses than hits. The show is massively carried by its budget.

This fucking show is always compared with AzuDaioh. Only nu-Sup Forums would like this underage "comedy"

So its basically family guy tier humour except in japanese so you're even more confused about what part you're meant to be amused by?

Nichijou got a lot better after Nano joined school.

I actually really enjoyed it, for me I wasn't in it for the laughter, just a relaxing experience, so maybe that's why I laughed at the jokes.

Go in not expecting nothing but cute girls doing cute things, and you may get out with a few smirk or two. Enter expecting a comedy show, be disappointed.

One brown haired girl's desk there is a pen, a pencil and an eraser.

It was funny. Oh wait I'm posting on Sup Forums, so it was forced, unfunny, and lolsorandom.

one of kyoani's most soulless productions, and that's saying something

>So its basically family guy tier humour
i can't really think of anything in family guy that was actually funny

I enjoyed it as a moeblob show more than a comedy, but I was mostly in it for the animation to be honest.

I thought the friends forever card was cute

I've said it so many fucking times and I'll say it again. It's not fucking funny. It's all lame Jap humor which isn't even funny when you do understand it. There's a reason most subs are entire rewrites of the whole fucking show. Now stop making these threads.

I enjoyed Nichijou a great deal, but I could not stand any scenes involving these two characters.

I didn't like the gundere but Mio and Sasahara scenes were good

>Watch 3 episodes to see if its any good
>Enjoy it
>Drop it for 5 years
>Pick it back up
>Finish it
>"Why did I think this was funny?"

How do you even force animation?

Unless you're like 11-14 years old

Misato is best waifu

don't question it it's a meme

Adding extra frames to scenes that dont need them, especially if the show is lolsorandumb garbage

So, it's basically quality animation?

Stop that forced thinking

Quality* thinking

The color palette is so pleasant and comfy to the eye

Every single joke in Nichijou

>character does something wacky
>EEEEHHH?! NANNIIII?!
>incessant screaming of every single word
>over the top reaction faces
>animation goes all sakuga mode to remind you that this is wacky and totally not normal and is super funny guys

I thought it was really funny but there were some points where stuff flew over my head, like some nip humor that didn't translate well. But I liked this series so much I watched it twice.

This thread has a seriously high case of contrarianism, even for Sup Forums

MIO IS MY WIFE!!

youtube.com/watch?v=ibd8t5iI23A

Not to get all /x/ on you guys, but heavenly superpeople stopping by on earth in this lifetime gave us this anime to bestow upon us the importance of appreciating every moment in our daily life. I cannot stop watching it. I'm on my 7th rewatch this year.

I enjoyed mai's trolling a lot

You're a sad little man

i unironically enjoyed this show, it was fun.

This. It definitely has a deeper message.

The forced animation meme needs to die. This show's problem is its forced soundtrack.

>The only show I know with non sequitur jokes is Family Guy, so that's what I'm comparing Nichi too.
Must suck to be ten. Also Gintama is closer anyway.

nichijou is the spongebob of anime

What could "forced soundtrack" even mean?

All entertainment and art is subject.

I like every element of it except its soundtrack and humor. Comedy-wise, it doesn't hold a candle to comedy greats like Cromartie, PaniPoni Dash, or even modern classics like Prison School or Sakamoto.
Post-season three Spongebob, sure.

>watch it once
>click on clips every time youtube recommends it
>have probably watched it many times over as a result

I did laughed a few times. I don't why some people hate it though.

I really hate that ironic nichijou threads have become more and more common.
Also Yuuko is best girl because puns are the best form of humor

Sup Forums hates everything

Since so many here say that the jokes will fly past my head if I can't understand japanese, I decided to watch it without subs just for the pretty pictures and animation.
It's entertaining for sure. Some moments are over the top funny and it's comfy to watch.

Mai is best.
Deep.

I wish I could be half as good with kids as Yukko is.

Having booming orchestral music playing over someone eating something and not in a dramatic fashion like pic related

youtube.com/watch?v=87kf99R96Fw

My favorite nichijoke.

It should have been a cour shorter and anyone who's not part of the main trio or the Shinonome household goes underutilised

I love it....

Nichibros was better