Raildex

Is Mikoto dumb?

A Level 5 esper is usually someone hella smart.

Yes and no. She's a drooling retard with a negative IQ when the situation has anything to do with Touma or magic. This wouldn't matter if a) she wasn't obsessed with being close to Touma and b) magic wasn't a big part of Touma's life. But because both those things are true, she'll just continue to embarass herself. However, when it comes to esper powers, real science, and electronics and machinery, she's a genius. Maybr not the biggest genius in the city but you wouldn't find me complaining if she was around and I needed some hacking done or wanted to have a conversation about physics.

She's incredibly intelligent but is only in middle school and lacks real world experience and maturity

Compared to the average? Fuck no.

Compared to the other level 5s? Probably the second dumbest.

Accelerator's power requires him to calculate every vector he changes.

Kekine's power requires him to do dark matter calculations.

Mikoto's power, similar to powers like pyrokinesis, have been described by kamachi as literally "summon fire". As far as we can tell mikoto literally just goes "biribiri" in her head and a lightning spear shoots out.

Mugino's power works similarly to mikoto's power, but since she isn't immune to getting schreckt by her own power she has to exercise a much higher level of control.

Misaki is obviously highly cunning, but on top of that it's possible that she has the world's best understanding of the brain and it's functions, which even in academy city is mostly a mystery (they still haven't made silicon emulations of brains for androids, which is evidence of their lack of mastery).

We have next to no details on Gunha's power (which I think is a waste because Gunha is freaking amazing) but it's probably as easily controlled as mikoto's, especially since it allows him to essentially do whatever he thinks.

That explains calculation power. But where does AIM come from?

Otherwise, Uiharu would probably be a higher level.

Esper powers aren't random, they're essentially granted.

But we've seen misaka use her power in various ways efficiently. She can't be dumb.

I never said she was dumb, I said she was dumber than the other level fives minus gunha and #6 because we don't know anything about them. Compare accelerator's 24/7 calculus in his head to mikoto essentially just going "biribiri" and lightning coming out, plus she's completely immune to electricity.

She can

Maybe if she actually did some calculations she could actually become non trash at fighting, she could do so much with her power but she's just too much of a retard. Instead of focusing on becoming stronger with her power she focused on how to be a magical hacker.

But she was fighting well in the Railgun manga and heck even in Railgun S vs Mugino

Why would she be smart when she can zap unconscious over 90% of her opponents without a lot of problem? Before Touma she spent quite a while feeling as though that was the case.

>Tokiwadai's ace
>dumb
Pick one and only one.

She's just a little immature in certain areas, but it's okay, she's a middle schooler growing up.

Funny thing is she could probably zap both Touma and Accelerator unconscious easily in the current timeline, but not fairly. In both cases they would be essentially letting her

I think her behavior around Touma classifies as more than "a little immature"

Mugino can allegedly pull off an attack so powerful it can vaporize Mikoto instantly if she's willing to die to do it, but couldn't Mikoto also hit Mugino with a lightning strike or spear so strong it instantly kills her, without taking damage? The only thing stopping Mikoto from killing is she doesn't want to kill people, even people like Mugino. I think she even vaguely knew the railgun shot at Accelerator's head wasn't going to kill him. She knew he was #1 and what his powers were

You can be intelligent and dumb at the same time. Especially when your mental state and Curriculum has been influenced by Crowley from the start

Mugino can deflect Misaka's lightening the same way Misaka can deflect her meltdowner.

Yes, that's true, but could Mugino deflect a strike/spear that is an "absolute killer"? If Mikoto set both the voltage and amperage of her attack to "definite kill" or even "overkill", could Mugino still deflect it?

She baked AIM burst with microwaves, she could easily do the same to mugino.

I doubt calculating useless shit would make mikoto any better at fighting. Her powers don't rely on calculations at all unlike so many others.

Dumb enough to think she could beat a magic god

She must rely on some amount of calculations. Even for stuff like meltdowner you have to calculate the coordinates of where to send the beam.
That's because her mind has been manipulated by Crowley to think she's a goddess

MISAKA IS CUTE

CUTE!!!

>ITT people mostly talking out their asses.

>Leave the Magic Gods to us.
Science > Magic
Aleister did nothing.

t. secondary

Can't argue with that.

According to kamachi simple powers like pyrokinesis and electromaster basically do what she mentally wills it to do.

Try again.

She's smart. She's just an idiot.

She's fluent in like 20 languages and can hack computers by manually manipulating electricity

Dumb misaka poster

>Tremble in fear, True Gremlin. There is great meaning in your doubt turning to impatience and then to fear. Listen, I no longer view you as a threat. You may have forgotten after living for so very long, but it is high time you gradually remembered what death feels like.
True hero of Index

She's not stupid, she just wants Touma's babies in her belly. Her mother's a slut too.

>According to kamachi simple powers like pyrokinesis and electromaster basically do what she mentally wills it to do.
I think you're referring to the description of how difficult the calculations for a teleportation esper are. Kamachi definitely didn't mean that there are no calculations for an electric type esper but just that basic use of teleportation has super complicated calculations while basic use of electricity or pyrokinesis has simple calculations.
There are definitely calculations required for Misaka to use the passive radar-like AIM field that allows her to sense objects even with her eyes closed.

She will never win cuckold.

I remember kamachi literally writing "create fire" as the thought that triggers a psychokinecist's powers.
> the passive radar-like AIM field
Her entire body is sensitive to EM waves. I have no fucking clue how that would parse into a normal person's range of perception.

Remember the last time Index was relevant?

Me neither.

Oh look. It's this faggot again.

I don't think Sphynx is much competition.

I can see it if she's really Aleister's daughter.

Anyone with a history of physically abusing touma has no chance. Any time a girl was nice to him he went starryeyed for them. See: oriana, itsuwa

That was used to describe how much simpler pyrokinesis calculations were compared to teleportation calculations. A teleportation esper has to do complex coordinate calculations to use their power while a pyrokinesis esper basically just has to think "create fire."
This doesn't mean there are zero calculations but just that the calculations are so simple they happen intuitively (like selecting the coordinates and size of the fire).

The guy lucked out when she died. Don't know what he's complaining about.

That would be such a fantastic twist that the author would never do it.

If they aren't actually doing math in their head (like accel, teleporters, kekine, ETC) then it's not a "calculation".

Just like the season 3 denialfags, someone's getting increasingly nervous i see.

>Index isn't relevant
>Hinata isn't relevant
>Orihime isn't relevant
Really makes you think huh

At most she's might be a homunculus or something, which would really disgust the fuck out of Aleister.

If anything it's predictable after the Lola twist

Didn't her creating wings in the Liberal Arts City novel involve some sort of calculations? Or her hacking into a computer?

Nope, esper powers all involve calculation areas of the brain as described.

>Aleister
>being lucked out when his daughter died setting him on the road to killing all magic
I don't see how his daughter dying would be good for him?

>strongest technique and weapon belongs to someone else
>needed to summon Aiwass to contend with gods
>needed to send his dog

This fucking pathetic man

Except every time Hinata was on screen it was her lusting for the Narudick. Now tell me the last time Index even thought about Touma in that way and not just wanting food and biting him. Makes me thing alright. Keep hanging to that last line of hope though buddy.

Reread the Level Upper arc, literally everything about esper powers development has to do with a calculation area of the brain. The reason people's apparent levels increased was because they were boosting their calculation ability by using the brainwave network.

Accel is described as actually manually doing vector transformation calculations in his head, same with teleporters. If anything kuroko is more obviously doing mental math because she has a clear lag where she solves the coordinate transformation and if she's stressed she can't do it. Accel pre brain damage had him brain modified so heavily that he could solve vector transformations like normal people solve for depth perception.

Mikoto seems like she'd spoil her son, but have an tense relationship with her daughter

That's because he didn't know just how shit his daughter would turn out if it does turn out it's Index. Stupid headcrabs.

>At most she's might be a homunculus
A reanimated corpse wouldn't be too out there though. We're talking about Cronozon here, surely it would be willing to go the extra mile to try to fuck with Aleister

>index tries to bite dad
>discipline
>index stops biting people
touma had one job
>if you bite me one more time I'm not feeding you dinner

Time to get nostalgic. Post yfw the spoilers came out for volume 22 of part 1.

I'm strongly against the declawing of cats but i'd make a compromise in Index's case and have her teeth removed.

>Touma dies
He's going to die at the end NT, isn't he?

MISAKA IS SHIT

SHIT!!!

t assblasted Mikotofag

The fact that Index didn't hit the ground dead the second Touma touched her makes me kind of doubtful that magic shenanigans is keeping her moving. Even more so that Lilith died as a baby and would have to be able to grow, which would probably take magic to do so. I do think Coronzon would go the extra mile to be a dick to Aleister, but not sure how she could do it magically without Touma destroying her.

So she has to have mastery in electromagnetic calculations in order to use her power effectively, or just willpower lightings out of her ass?

She wills the lightning into existence but there are calculations going on behind the scenes in her esper'd up brain.

She has to calculate it, but it's relatively simple and she has enough brainpower to process the equations subconsciously. Kind of like how you shoot a basketball. There's physics and shit involved, but you just focus a bit and your brain subconsciously does the rest.

Good point but I'm going to point at the limiters she had as an example. One was in her mouth, another could've been somewhere else inside her. If the magical shenanigans is inside her like the one in the throat was then Touma would not be able to negate it with a simple touch.

Get in here for a non-Misaka cancer thread

That's true too. We'll see soon enough probably. There's no way Index can go on that much longer. Right?

fucking thread splitters

let's give these niggers some misaka

Of course not, what kind of question is that?

>Thread filter
Fixed that for u

Sure, and the fact that Innocentius didn't hit the ground dead the second Touma touched him makes me kind of doubtful that magic shenanigans were keeping him moving.
Idiot.

There's different kinds of smarts in this world after all. For example, Mikoto is potentially handicapped when it comes to romance.

Index will last as however long Kamachi wants it to.

You're underestimating Kawakami's little brother.

Pumping that much magic into her constantly, having to maintain the link and not even bothering to temporarily shut it off when she was obliterating her cathedral during WWIII seems pretty unlikely to me. It would be better to have a one and done method.

It could just be something inside her body like with the control device. Touma didn't disable it just by touching Index, he had to touch the control device in her throat himself. If she was a homunculus and the control device was in her heart there wouldn't be any way for Touma to touch it.

>Remember the last time Index was relevant?
Thinking about it, I'm kind of amazed that Index got 9th place last year in that poll when she hardly got any relevance.

Indexfags are autistically dedicated to an extent that might be admirable

I mean, it could be because the fanbase really loves the LNs and don't want some other character from a different LN getting a top spot. I am curious of one thing though. What are the opinions on the Nips regarding Index's relevancy? How much do they care?

This. Or perhaps the magic used was a "one shot and done", like a coin being shot by Mikoto or a beam being thrown by Accelerator. Basically, it could be the magic made Index then left her alone, not needing to continue to flow through her for her to work

That's Mikotofags. I doubt true Indexfags exist. Just people who think she's going to win

>Just people who think she's going to win
More like delude themselves.

I exist
Why do you see her winning? I see her more along the lines as a dark horse

>I exist
That's some dedication. I understand when even bad characters have a fanbase but Index isn't even just a bad character. She's almost completely irrelevant until pretty much the final arcs, isn't explored as a character because of it and is reduced to having a stupid quirk that got old 10 years ago. She's basically a Sphinx that can talk at this point. With the same screentime as him. I really don't get why people still like her when Kamachi's done nothing for her character to have people like her. In the Index arc of OT she was a good character, but that was pretty much the end of it.
>I see her more along the lines as a dark horse
What?

Why should I get in a cancer thread? Lets leave it to mobile-tan.

After what happened in the powerlevel get thread earlier, I'm going to guarantee that this is the thread mobile finds.

I wouldn't say she is a bad character, maybe some bad qualities due to the biting and the freeloader aspect but that's it really. I'll disagree on her being irrelevant unless you're talking about the current arc in NT. She's the one who basically jump started Touma's adventure with the magic side, and was basically used as a reason to get involved in a lot of arcs throughout the entirely of OT. She has some amount of character exploration, most of it in her own arc, but there are some instances outside it like her reaction after Touma 'died' in NT2. She's more of a asset than sphinx, when it comes to being a support ally she's pretty good at it. She helped save Freyja, helped out Touma against that one Kamisato slut with the coins. She does help out when Touma doesn't try to not get her involved.

By dark horse I meant the "an entrant in a contest that is judged unlikely to succeed" part of the definition.

Relevance at one time probably doesn't help.

Otherwise, Ouma becomes one of the most important characters in the franchise because he is indirectly responsible for saving the Misaka clones. In fact, they could not have survived without him.

user someone who's name is in the title of the series is not a dark horse, no matter how you look at it. Seria is the dark horse who's going to win.

Kamachi had the opportunity to develop index beyond "le ebin hungry headcrab XDDD" in volume 9 and didn't. That's why she became irrelevant over time, because she was never a compelling character past her extremely rare dere moments.