Was this the worst asspull in manga history?

Was this the worst asspull in manga history?

Could anything top it?

not even the worst in its own series
>O MY LITTLE SISTER(MALE)

bump

None of these are asspulls.
And you can simply let this repeat thread die, you fuck weasel. Or just read it off the archive.

>Oh, Cell just blew up.
>Oh no! he came back! and conveniently in a even stronger form than before!

Even as a child I thought this was stupid.

Read a better manga like one piece you assblasted hxhfag.

>Worst asspull in the series
>Not "O MY BELIEF IN GING THAT SOMEHOW GUARANTEES GON MADE BACK JUST IN TIME FOR THE FINAL ROUND OF VOTE"

To be fair, we got the best moment in DBZ history because of that asspull

Is this a bot? There's 487 threads in the archive with "Was this the worst asspull in manga history?" and that image as the OP.

You underestimate the autism of some people

>everything I don't like is a bot

Many people agree shitter x shitter is garbage, yep.

he received a zenkai boost from his saiyan cells. the real asspull is him being able to come back after having his head blown up, piccolo could never do that.

>let me use my perfectly explained magical powers by following all the rules set over 200 chapters ago

Then you're fucking retarded. It's either a bot or an autistic person. No normal person reposts it over and over.

>hurr durr its not an asspull durr because of some loose explanation on nen rules hurr

I'll gladly say the chimera ant arc is a masterpiece unrivaled by any in shonen but Nanika and O MY RUBBER NEN are some of the worst asspulls I've ever seen. Its deus ex machina at its finest. Hisoka and Gon should be dead.

Heck even Gon-san is somewhat of an asspull as well but it at least forced Gon to pay a huge price for it (only for Nanika to magically made Gons sacrifice go away).

>O MY MOLTING SKIN

Especially considering he said that the core cell he needs to regenerate IS LOCATED IN HIS HEAD

Alluka is the biggest dues ex machine of all time.

oh yeah i completely forgot about that, even more of an asspull than i remember. thanks user

Stop posting this stupid fucking meme. It was never funny.

OH MY HAKI COATING TO MAKE LOGIA IRRELEVANT

>O MY POOR MAN'S ROSE out of nowhere
>O MY SACRIFICING MY FUTURE loljk have a Nani, ka?
The arc has its appeal and I can see why people like it, but those ruins it for me

Occultic nine ending

O MY SAME STAND

butthurt one piss fan

Except it was established early. It's an OP skill but not an asspull. It also makes her king jobber because she can actually take a hit and show what would have happened to the group if they didn't have plot armour

it all works out well in the end but it was the one of the few times i had to backtrack to try and find something i had missed that would foreshadow this

O MY PARALLEL WORLD SNAKE SUMMON

YYH had the bigger true asspulls anyway, HxH is babby level for asspulls.

To be honest Netero had no reason to bring him that far away from the palace. It was always supposed to end this way. The fact that the flower got poison is a bit less believable though.
Nanika does come out of nowhere but it's not a complete asspull. It was hinted that Killua had one more family memberbald it was well explained.

Fucking this. In the manga, Kishi has zero reason to extend Sasuke's fight with Deidara until it ended with that poorly thought out solution. It could very easily be avoided

>because of some loose explanation on nen
So you are retarded. It's not an asspuls. None of what you listed are asspulls as long as you didn't speed read.

ONAJI TAIPU NO SUTANDO DA

I don't think I've ever seen so many asses being pulled at the same time.

Was Alluka an asspull?

Before We Dive Into This, Let Us First Ask This Simple Question : " What The Tell Is An Asspull Anyway? " Well, There isn't Really An Accurate Definition, Because Anyone Who Doesn't Like Something Begins To Call It An Asspull, But In My Perspective, Asspull Is When The Mangaka Come Up With Something - A Technique Was Or An Idea - Without Any Background Or Foreshadow And Make It A stanchion In Changing Events, Like The Final Getsuga Tenshō In Bleach For Ex .. Now, Does That Standard Aplly On Alluka? No! Why? Because During The Anime Alluka Has Been Mentioned Twice, The First Time Was During The Zoldyck Arc And The Second Time Was In The Ep 97 .. Well I Know That Some Will Say " Yeah, But Her ability Has Never Been Mentioned " I Say Where's The Logic In That? If Not Revealing Someone's Abilitiy Before He Use It Considered As An Asspull Then The Majority Of HxH' Characters And Other Anime Are An Asspull ! The Deal Is A Lot Of People Think That Togashi Bring Alluka Just To Heal Gon While It's The ‎opposite, Togashi Could've Easilty Heal Gon By Using That Nen Exorcist Of The Organisation And No One Will Ever Complain, Why? Becuse It Had Been Said In The Greed Island arc That Nen Conditions Can Be Neutralize, But Togashi Didn't Do That, Because He Put Gon Under That Condition To Reveal Alluka, Because she's relevant to The DC, Since She's One Of The Five Great Calamities ..
Got this from plebbit
inb4 >browses plebbit, I found this from searching the web. This is so you can see how imbecile you are that you are corrected by someone on an inferior website like reddit

The real asspull there is him magically absorbing instant transmission from Goku.

That's the one about girls pushing eachother with butts and boobs, right?
Did it ever end?

O MY ONE FOR ALL

O MY GOLDEN BOOK

One of the best 'power of friendship/take my power' bits I've ever read

Well, really, the only good one

Alluka may be Kubo-tier but pretty much every plot development in late Bleach was of that level. Maybe people got desensitized to it, but if you're going to ask that question objectively it's hard to beat Bleach for these things.

Particularly the last arc was full of "oh, I just happen to have conveniently the exact power that would allow me to fight your otherwise invincible magic."

I happened to like Mob Psycho's.

Yeah, no.
Fuck off with your gash bell shit.

Except most Bleach readers were aware of how retarded everything was, at elast in the late chapters.
HxH are still as cancerous as ever, shitposting everywhere about how smart their manga is.

What part of that was an "asspull"? The concept of some forms of Nen becoming stronger was a plot point 3 arcs ago, when Phantom Troupe couldn't harm Kurapika because of it. Hisoka just applied that. If his cause of death had been being blasted to pieces, that wouldn't help him. The reasoning behind why he didn't get blown to pieces was sound. It made sense.

It was unlikely, and cheap, but it was possible and the fact that it happened made sense. Even how it happened made sense. If anything, the biggest asspull there was Hisoka recreating his arm with his Nen.

Yami yugi pulling any card

Wasn't the flower a nuke?

O MY HAKAI!

O MY ABILITY TO REGENERATE INTO 600 GORILLION CLONES BECAUSE I FUSED WITH MYSELF

This was absolutely retarded but Armin is the narrator of the show so he obviously won't die..

This

We knew that there is leftover nen. what we didn't know was that someone could die for long enough to give them irrepairable brain damage then nen themselves back to life just fine. why hasn't anyone else nen'd themselves back alive? is it just Hisoka's power?

This ignores one big thing. An asspull is used to get a writer out of a corner he wrote himself into. Alluka was introduced specifically to heal Gon, retroactively making his life ending transformation 100% pointless. It also robs any tension from Gon, Killua, and anyone they like by extension from dying because they have what is essentially the dragon balls and they got it the moment they needed it. hence, asspull

Just because she was mentioned twice doesn't disqualify her from being an asspull personified.

An asspull is what happens when you write yourself into a corner and pull something out of your ass to save your characters skins, all while ignoring previously established rules, abilities, continuity or characters that have already been established either through foreshadowing or having a visible and observable presence in the story.

Saying that Alluka is okay because she was mentioned is retarded. For all we know, alluka was supposed to be like Big mom. Some extremely proficient prodigy whose strength and hand to hand combat skills were unrivaled and uncontrollable and therefore needed to be contained. Only for Togashi to change it at the last minute to a wishmaster who could save gons life.
You don't know, I don't know, and thats cause her abilities were never foreshadowed even though Togashi had 20 years to do so.

>long enough to give them irrepairable brain damage
I think people greatly overestimate how long after the fight the locker room scene happened. If you look at the page before it, you can see that the explosion site is still bellowing smoke. Hisoka was only down for about 10 minutes. Given that lucky humans can occasionally bounce back from 6-7 minutes of being braindead without any real issue (although it's very, very rare), a superhuman like Hisoka managing to last 10 minutes isn't that much of a stretch.

This actually makes a lot of fucking sense. It's also supported when you remember how long a nenless gon went without oxygen when he was saving beehive girl.

If characters like gon at age 12 can be stronger than 5 men(the fish gon pulled out at the start of the series) and have inhuman speed, agility and lung capacity, then whos to say a full grown superhuman body that's accustomed to great feats under nen isn't able to passively and unconsciously retain more oxygen than the average human would? Given that the stronger one is in real life, the more oxygen their muscles woukd need.

every time i see this post
i cant help but smile

>writing yourself in a corner
But this post specifically says that the author easily could have written an exorcist to be able to heal Gon since there was no precedent of this happening before
I think the issue is that people hold HxH to this colossal standard so they have to blow everything they percieve as a flaw out of proportion, you also can tell OP is personally butthurt at the series itself

The rule that was broken is "cost." You can do crazy things with nen if you're willing to pay the price, hence gon-san. If there was a similar price required to get Gon's nen back, then you wouldn't see these complaints. But not only was there an exorcist with literally zero cost, but they happened to be personally attached to Killua.

That really has nothing to do with my point about being backed into a corner, not to mention the cost of Nanika was never applied to the person who made the wish but to the next person
At most you can say the thing about Killua being an exception was unnecessary and i'd agree, but that doesn't make it an asspull or have much significance on the story

There still were lot of people doing mad mental gymnastics and calling people speed readers trying to defend the disaster that late bleach was.

Gash had one of the coolest endings. Raiku basically just turned everything up to eleven for the grand finale.

Not even the worst asspull Togashi has done. O my secret demon bloodline was way worse.

he says he didnt expect that

Everything about this fight was atrocious

nope, doraemon is

you posted it

Explain how this was an asspull. We know nen can persist after death and in some cases become stronger. His nen is also unique in that it can effectively replicate certain body parts.

Nanika unlimited wishing powers was an asspull.

He gambled on his nen to grow strong after death and thus fulfill what hisoka wanted. If he had been blown to pieces he'd be dead for sure, but that was chrollos mistake on having many non-bomb puppets going at him first.

Also, Alluka is probably a calamity, so that there is something to not be good in the long run most likely. Gon is supposed to meet gyro, too. And whether that's good or bad, we will have to wait and see.

Keijo ended at chapter 177 (there's an extra chapter after it), the author had more things he wanted to put in the story though.
I'd like to have seen Kazane vs. Mio, and Nozomi vs. Mio, among other things, hope he makes a prequel (and the main series gets remade later) with Fuyuyu as the MC.

Keijo fighting game when?

O my tannenbaum