ごきげんよう Sup Forums...

ごきげんよう Sup Forums, the moderation team has come up with a few guidelines to improve your experience on Sup Forums and encourage people to lurk moar, etc. Mods will be more proactive in moving or removing threads when deemed necessary. This will only be stickied temporarily.

- Please avoid making threads in “general” or “template” formats. Avoid chaining threads, copy-pasting OPs, backlinks, and the like.
- Avoid redirecting all discussion of a series to a single thread. Users are free to discuss similar content in separate threads as long as threads are not being spammed.
- As commonly recurring threads tend to suffer from degradation of quality over time, posts inside such threads may be held to higher standards in terms of rules 6 (Quality of Posts) and 10 (Spamming/Excessive Reposting).
- Threads in Sup Forums should be primarily based on anime/manga discussion. Consider using either or for image sharing threads, and or for generals which have long since exhausted all fresh discussion.
- Discussion should be centered on series and characters, not the posters or communities that discuss said series and characters.
- Aim for original discussion or content, both when creating OPs and posting inside threads, and allow threads to die naturally.
- Request threads belong on or and “spoonfeeding” is not encouraged as that degrades the point/validity of using those other boards. Lurk and learn, rather than demand chores from the board.
- Threads which are Sup Forums related but have no clear alternative forms (such as buyfag/drawfag) are allowed as long as they follow these guidelines.

Thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/search/deleted/deleted/type/op/
desuarchive.org/a/thread/162058528/#162058528
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Open for discussion now.

The sticky is dead. Long live the sticky.

Should be put on sage.

and what if i refuse?

Good rules, too many fucking normalfags ruining this site now days.

Remove Rin and Shinka spam, they don't even want to discuss the respective character or series, just post some dumb meme question /qa/ style and then talk about nothing at all.

rescue /pc/

POSTING IN AN EX STICKY HOLY CRAP

We can have buyfag threads now?

I don't know if it's a placebo but Sup Forums has felt better since this sticky was posted.

Daily reminder that those rules didn't affect the board in the slightest.

Now things can go back to exactly as they were before.

In case anyone cares or it helps the discussion:

desuarchive.org/a/search/deleted/deleted/type/op/

on to page 10

Huh, every thread on the first four pages deserved it except this one:
desuarchive.org/a/thread/162058528/#162058528
Not too bad.

Should delete more stealth generals.

>let's destroy snk threads and don't touch any other general
>be lazy after 1 week and don't even do that anymore
Great mods

I haven't seen much spamming on Sup Forums almost 2 years. So in that regard Sup Forums been doing pretty well at least.

See you space cowboy ...

o shit it's slidin

Looking at today's deletions, the nazi thread and the yuri thread didn't deserve it, at least judging by the OPs.

At any rate only the mods that actually watch anime should be allowed to police Sup Forums.

bullshit, nice way of ignoring everything thats been removed.

>"We're going to moderate better!"
>literally nothing changes

You deserve phoneposters at this point

And Sup Forums is somehow worse than before. You keep deleting legitimate threads.

>ignoring all the stuff thats changed

nice troll

>disguised loli threads still going strong
>shonenshit not purged properly
>random deletions of actual threads like the GJ-Bu thread yesterday
>Not even trying to purge cancer within gochiusa threads

>arbitrary interpretations aimed to look like nothing happened

get out faggot. Loli discussions related to anime are allowed, anyway.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Like that thread about the Isekai Cheat Magician manga that came out just got randomly deleted when it was actually on topic.
Not that I don't understand the urge to delete it.

I think we should mostly keep the moderation level as it is. Only thing that really needs to be done is to police the """"not general""" threads so that they are not being made too frequently or only being made because the last one died.

SNK threads are trash, my brother. Keep to spoiler week.

bye thread

Which of these are "legitimate" threads, user?

Can we have unique IDs? I don't see the need to letting samefags bump their threads or stir up conflict through shitposting

Roasting some unstickied bread.

>snk threads are destroyed
And nothing value was lost.

Can I bring sadpanda thread back to here?

some retards accusing people to be samefagging are the worst.

>lets make 10 threads of a popular show instead of containing it in one to avoid spam
>completely destroying boards culture and established norms
>implying people will request things on topic on another boards that hardly anyone ever vists

there's not enough headpalms to describe how stupid these ideas are

Can light novels be allowed? At this point with multiple manga and shows every season based on LNs and Japanese companies like Kadokawa explicitly pursuing a media mix strategy that includes anime, manga and LNs it seems pretty artificial these days to allow anime and manga but not light novels.

Don't noticed that much of a chage on these boards,but at least they got informed though

Put the sticky back

LNs are allowed if there is an upcoming or ongoing adaption. Otherwise, it's off to /jp/

do we ignore sticky now?

Meh, you tried. Just need to focus more on this >Mods will be more proactive

whats your suggestion then, genius?

One day each week ought to display unique IDs and flags for everyone. It should be set randomly every week, just to keep everyone on toe.

Let the sticky die

I remember there was a Grimgar thread that got moved to /jp/ even though they had been allowed before as Grimgar's anime was fairly popular.

>generalfag talking about Sup Forums's board culture

you don't put a damn rules sticky on Sup Forums, shit should come out naturally, it feels like reddit if you tell people to "lurk moar"as a rule, its like creating forced memes, stupid nip admin

Maybe the Feedback option should be used more often, and the mods should take a look at it more often.

shut up newfag

please make Sup Forums less strictly moderated. Sup Forums shines best when it can be fit tier. Desu spam is not something to reject.

Make/ag/ real for God's sake

Please make the use of the word "cuck" or the term "reddit spacing" a bannable offense.

Spoonfeeding needs to be punished though. I doubt most of Sup Forums disputes that.

Ban lowercase posters.

remove hidden generals they just word the thread differently and apart from that it's the exact same

Some word filters would be nice

The board did actually improve slightly.
But if the quality level of discussion drops down again to the shit level before, everyone ought to post a link to this thread from some archive site to remind and humiliate the mods for having failed and being worthless shits.

>Otherwise, it's off to /jp/
I wish /jp/ was a faster board. It's just no fun being weaboo trash when it takes a day or two to get even one response if any. Plus the Anons there are less aggressive than Sup Forumsnons.
I just like spicy discussions that Sup Forums tends to bring (can be confused with shitposting).

agreed

>flags
I'm a Brit and I hate flag posting. I don't care if some of you Sup Forumsnons are Brazilian or whatever. Although /spa/ did explain a lot about dbs threads

Bring back /spa/ and introduce /ag/.

t. cuck

I agree, it's not perfect, but it's still the best board. ide be cool if things stayed the way they are.

Agreed, Sup Forums seems pretty stable and enjoyable right now even if we wouldn't ever get back to pre-2010 levels of fun

What did it explain about DBS? All I remember from /spa/ was just "wtf I hate Canada now" and "wtf I love Southeast Asia now"

Pretty much this. I tried posting there years ago but it was just too slow.

That censorship cancer. Kill they self faggots.

That has less to do with moderation and more to do with the nature of posters nowadays.

I think he means the amount of Latino posters in dbs

>SEAmonkeys
>Better than leafs

there is literally nothing wrong with being a cuck

There's actually a light novel thread on /jp/, which is on the rare side considering there often simply isn't.
And this thread have been alive for over 2 weeks with only 144 posts, meaning it's been averaging at 9 posts a day.
Realistically it's less posts a day, just some days are more active than others.

The only series that has gotten any actual discussion in the thread has been Infinite Dendrogram, too.
Otherwise everything has been one-off posts with no discussion. Kind of like Twitter, really.

One thing that everyone ought to remember as well is that the community also must keep reporting shitty disruptive content, and not think that it's somebody else's problem.
And don't be too frustrated just because the mods haven't deleted the offending posts within an hour.

Can't wait for Infinite Dendrogram to get an anime only for it to air in the same season as SAO season 3.

Please remove notGeneral threads like PriPri.

My wife Altair is so cute

now that the dust has settled, how badly has this sticky affected Sup Forums?

this was a sticky but now it is no longer

Not that badly. Things settled down after a while.

Holy shit we have to dump this thread and get rid of these shitty rules

I love you Sup Forums!

All in all, for a short while, things improved thanks to the guidelines set up by this thread, mainly because of more active moderation.
But laziness from both the staff and the community will quickly ruin all the small progresses for sure.

If Sup Forums gets /ag/ this board is doomed to become like Sup Forums
I mean, like fucking Sup Forums

>"things" improved

>cuck = gaijin
>reddit spacing = nani sore

As a regular on Sup Forums, that board is far more active than /jp/; even the Japan-related threads on Sup Forums get more discussion than /jp/.

why not just delete this post instead of removing its sticky status?

You can't just take away the sticky. People will forget and so will you.

Despite there being a lot of intellectual dishonesty, the first week until the end was actually much better than before.

So what? You felt unfairly victimized for your low quality shitposting?
Let me make the tear face smiley for you.
;_;
See, I showed some empathy for you.
[spoilers]In truth, I just faked it.[dash spoilers]

i accept your concession

More random deletions based on how a mod is feeling is all I noticed.

Please rangeban all C*nadians.

Please don't. I'm kind.

De nada.
It is dog Spanish for
>You're Welcome

Rape Altair!
Punch Altair!