Should I abandon all hope of this being any good? Did Urobuchi and Polygon drop the ball here?

Should I abandon all hope of this being any good? Did Urobuchi and Polygon drop the ball here?
youtu.be/ZDY7RLtHe78

Oh they're using the Sidonia style, I liked it.

Kinda hyped for it now, Plus I need a Urobutcher dose on my life, I think the last show I watched he was involved in was Gargantia.

watching the trailer make me cheer for the lizard

human should be purged especially with that art

Only watching because I'm an extreme Godzilla fanboy and HanaKana. Other than that it looks like shit and this animation style should be purged. Also, why the fuck are the nips calling it Godzilla? Whatever happened to Gojira?

They took lessons from G14, should've taken inspiration from Shin though.

So I heard that you liked Godzilla...

he looks like a fucking tree

> "Godzilla is the largest life form ever recorded and possesses unique body tissue integrated with metal-like muscle fibers, which can generate a strong electromagnetic charge, to support his massive weight. The end result of natural selection on Earth, he originated from plant-based life and has gone on to survive 20,000 long years as a super-evolved living organism."

I believe in the butcher

How can you even drop the ball? It's a giant radioactive monster stomping through crowded Japanese streets.

Urobuchi can kill all the people he wants and make it as dark as he wants.

Man godzilla, can you spot me next time I bench?

Eva x Gojira when

>How can you even drop the ball? It's a giant radioactive monster stomping through crowded Japanese streets.
Don't fall for the memes. There are genuinely good Godzilla movies.

Has western influence so it's already ruined.

Besides Godzilla himself, what's the Western influence?

over 100 meters... that's like three Mazinger Z tall.

they liked how the Legendary 2014 Godzilla looked

so he's the bastard child of Biollante and Godzilla?

I wish they just made a series about Godzilla fighting monsters, like a SOL but with Godzilla just fighting shit as he tries to feed on atomic energy all over the world or something waking him up.

Looks good to me.

Urobuchi is not dropping the ball with this one. He's really serious about this project.

It doesn't really look anything like Legendary godzilla anymore.

they liked the bulkiness of him so they tried to imitate that

He looks sad.

What they said is that all the muscle mass is because he's huge and would need it to support his weight. They weren't trying to do something like Legendary's design.

God, he's even fatter than Murrican Godzilla. And here I thought he couldn't get any fatter than that.

I wonder how big he is, bigger than Shin?

It's actually interesting how very different all these iterations are.

>Legendary Godzilla is, fundamentally, a creature born from nature. He's billions of years old, but he evolved naturally in reaction to his environment. An ancient king of the planet.
>Shin Godzilla is a monstrosity, something that shouldn't exist. A bizarre organism who seems to be on a level entirely beyond human understanding, rapidly evolving within a few hours. A destroyer from a world beyond comprehension.
>Ani Godzilla is a giant tree. In a sense, he's a naturally born and evolved creature like Legendary Godzilla, but you can't help but wonder just how the fuck something like him even happened in the first place. From its appearance, it's like an ancient hermit.

I like it.

I still think Shin Godzilla is the best one, there's just something about him.

His utter freakishness?

Perhaps.

He looks old, happy, and swole.

Grootzilla

AMERICA FUCK YEAH
MAKING GODZILLA BLEED FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE MOVIE YEAH

with a 60m penetrating bunkerbuster
technically more powerful than a nuke, at least in how good it can penetrate things.

That does nothing for Anigodzi, but it's what stopped Kamacuras.

>Make Godzilla bleed
>Hear his cries of pain
>His eyes roll over black
>He proceeds to create a light show of death in the sky
>Sets the entire city ablaze for miles on end
>AS LONG AS BREATH COMES FROM MY MOUTH
>I MAY YET STAND THE SLIGHTEST CHANCE
>A SHAFT OF LIGHT IS ALL I NEED
>TO CEASE THIS DARKNESS KILLING MEEEE

People think those were ordinary explosives for some reason. Shin Godzilla got hit with a MOAB that went through his fleshy back tissue before exploding inside him. Yeah, he bled. But he recovered in seconds and in response scorched much of the city afterwards.

isn't this new Godzilla supposed to be kind of the ultimate lifeform, to the point that Earth's ecology revolves around him? I'm not a fan of this design as of now, but I do like the idea of him resembling a tree's texture when he's supposed to be insanely ancient.

>scorched
more like cut half of tokyo into pieces

He transformed the entire planet ecology and he still has a huge hateboner for humans. Sakurai's character says in the trailer that Godzilla is not going to let humanity get away.

>Sakurai's character says in the trailer that Godzilla is not going to let humanity get away.
Assuming that is true it would make Urobuchi's Godzilla one of the few incarnations to have an active disgust for humanity and acts on it. Kaneko's Godzilla is the other. That one was possessed by the spirits of those who during the Pacific Theatre and moved against Japan because its people refused to acknowledge their war crimes. Shin Godzilla was actually apathetic in nature. Notice he never deliberately attacked anyone or anything until he was attacked first. He was doing a cross-country and the Japanese happened to be in his way.

for same reason i have the urge to skull fuck it

Big G in a mainstream SRW game as a guest character when? The mobile game doesn't count.

will there be fanservice?

>humans kill godzilla
>his 19.000 year old son who is stronger than him takes over his role and becomes the godzilla
>humans fear the godzilla

GMK clearly looked angry during his murderous rampage, I can't tell if anime Godzilla supposed to look sad, euphoric or what. It will definitely be a different approach to GMK if he's just calmly euthanizing humanity.

Yeah, Godzilla will be nude at all times.

Liking the design. Looks like grandpa-zilla. Much better than the edge-zilla that was Shin.

You're probably one of those people that tried to waifu the jap women in Shin with anime pics.

So what the fuck is the point of the movies where Godzilla is an unbeatable mary sue tier villain?

>Only one gril shown so far

Urobuchi is a fujo anyways.

What I'm surprised about is why aren't there any Americans in the multinational cast of characters they're revealed so far?
Did based grandpa Godzilla kill all of them?

I thought he either always gets beaten or is a hero

Well I'm going to be honest and say that I haven't seen those movies, but when I read descriptions like that I end up wondering how the eff you kill something like that.

I know there are plenty of movies where he is also the hero or simply a neutral entity that fucks up other monsters too, I was just asking about the movies where it's simply Godzilla vs Humanity.

He has a nice eye color though.

I wonder if he has to deal with Orga trying to eat him as he takes naps ever 1000 years.

I think the idea behind gojira is that he's basically the same as a natural disaster, you can't do anything about it plus you get to see quality japanese chain of command incompetence.

>gargantia

No matter the circumstances they keep activating me

I see your point here, but this new anime's trailer made it seem like they went on the offensive picking an impossible fight.

Who would win? Shin Godzilla or Anime Godzilla?

4 SCOOPS CMON

Huh..
I expected the usual boring ass hollywood "oh noez a big monstah in da city! baysplosion!" type of garbage you usually expect from Godzilla, not this.

Interesting.

He usually fucks off back into the ocean after getting hurt or gets trapped somewhere. He does die a few times, like in the very first movie they use a weapon called the Oxygen Destroyer which is pretty self explanatory.

>Urobutcher Godzilla anime.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
>Morbidly obese Godzilla.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

He looks like he's had a long hard life. It's time for him to rest.

Calling it now, that godzilla is a human that fused with a tree which acted like a parasite, evolved and longs for his death.

if he is a human and a tree why is he a lizard

Well, in this specific case he was a metaphor for Fukushima and the 2011 tsunami. So the point of the movie was to show government incompetence in handling disasters, the monster himself was just a fun way to show it.

It's symbolism for the helplessness of the japanese against nuclear bombs,
You can't stop it.

>You're probably one of those people that tried to waifu the jap women in Shin with anime pics.
Nah. Probably an unpopular concept around here, though I can appreciate them in their true form.

I still want the creepy tail statue of shin godzilla

> Japan barely prevented this from happening

Waaait, it's a movie?
Somehow I thought it was supposed to be tv series.

It's going to be a trilogy of movies.

Oh for fucks sake. Are they going the Ajin route again?

>Anime MC comes in frightening contact with Godzilla
>It speaks with an echo-y telepathic voice directly into his mind
>Convinces him of why Godzilla attempted to remove humanity, and offers him a chance to restart the human race
>He only has to kill off the other humans
>If he does not comply, Humanity will go extinct

We're going to get some ridiculous twist like this, I just know it.

No since Ajin had two season with three condensed movies.

What does this represent? the victims of the nuclear bombings?

Probably a dumb question, but what does the paper crane symbolize?

Shin is a metaphor for the 2011 earthquake/tsunami/Fukushima leak. Note how it smashed buildings, went home, then came back as a walking nuclear disaster. The use of unmanned drones etc. to create the conditions for them to rush in and administer coolant to Godzilla to freeze him is directly taken from the use of robots to investigate Fukushima while trying to cool the reactor. And at the end, Tokyo has to live with a frozen Godzilla sitting in the middle of the city that could wake up any time, just like how Tokyo now has to live with Fukushima in their midst that could suddenly leak again at any time. You can't defeat a melting nuclear reactor by attacking it with weapons.

Never been a fan of Shin's overly long tail

We don't know what Anime can do yet. We only know it's the reigning champion of the world right now.

The tail is awesome. Has a mouth, fires a laser, can be used for battering, and has humanoid entities attached to it.

Eh, it's more Metal Gear x Gojira really.

Shin Godzilla's 5th form

False. Gigan was the first to make Godzilla bleed in Godzilla vs Gigan.

And this one, was an iguana

I liked that movie, but Zilla was a shit. The absolute worst Godzilla.

Polygon's CGI looks like trash outside of action scenes.

Will it try to have sex with humans?

>I wish they just made a series about Godzilla fighting monsters, like a SOL but with Godzilla just fighting shit as he tries to feed on atomic energy all over the world or something waking him up.
That would have to be a series of shorts in order to hold anyone's attention. Why not go the Ultra girls route?

Is this movie NETFLIX'd like Blame!!?

I mean, at least it's something somewhat new. I can't remember a Kaiju movie about this.

When Godzilla was "recharging" or waiting to cool off or whatever, why didn't they just drop more of those bombs?
They literally saw there's a window of time he can't shoot lasers.

You should watch Shin Godzilla. The prints of Godzilla's genetic makeup only made sense when the papers were folded into a crane, origami.

>why didn't they just drop more of those bombs?
He was still active. They attempted to approach him with drones and he shot them down. Conventional bombardment wasn't feasible for two reasons: 1) the only thing to leave a dent was a MOAB and 2) they didn't want to risk pieces of his skin falling off and spawning additional monsters. The only two options were either using the coagulant (which had little chance of success and was finished at the last possible second) or dropping a nuclear weapon in hopes that he would be completely annihilated in the explosion.

I liked Sidonia and Blame CG so I know I'll like this one too.

miring those traps

Yknow people were losing their shit over Shin's purple atomic plasma death beam, but isn't it literally the same explody laser that Anno used in Nausicaa and Evangelion? Even the B-2s exploded two seconds after being shot instead of instantly, just like in anime.

Do you ever read the shit you post?