So...

So, we can all agree that humans had a God given right to rule the world and only subhuman mole rats could be stupid enough to dig out antiquated concepts like freedom and democracy and thus were rightfully put down?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o63JtqdncRc
youtube.com/watch?v=Lxke2YUjBcM
shinsekai.cadet-nine.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Squealer literally did nothing wrong.

This.

Squealer literally went against natural law and applied failed experiments from a thousand years ago. And it shows - he tried to commit a genocide over God given rules of Earth in name of these perversion. Squealer did literally everything wrong.

For years I've been looking for this picture and finally found it last week. Enjoy.

Both sides were in the wrong, but the alternative was extinction of humanity, so it's tough. Very well written.

Squealer should have captured the babies first then waited so he could get more Messiahs
But he was right

>that pic
Amazing.

Here, have this wallpaper tier concept art in return. Ripped it from the bluray myself.

It did everything wrong and deserved every second of its tourment.

Humans have super powers and also literally created the weirdrats

Thanks man, glad you enjoyed it. That's a great pic too. I bought the BDs years ago but never found the time to actually watch them. Now I might just wait until I get a big screen TV instead of watching on my PS3 and 17inch TV.

Well saki becoming the head and humanity receiving the terror od querats it could end up in greater good of a more democratic future' wity better querat rights.

I didn't realize he went on tour. He obviously got a good cut of the money to establish a fighting force.

Just buy a bigger TV. Your laptop or video card should have an HDMI out or at least a display port out which is easily remedied by a display port to HDMI cable.

That wasn't really implied by the end. It was more like the status quo was re-established but now queerats are actually seen as a possible threat to humanity, so I'd say it's more likely they get driven away or purged until they're extinct, with humanity remaining stagnant lest more fiends be created.

If anyone did nothing wrong, it's Shu.

The humans were so smug and unlikable during most of the show that I ended up rooting for the queerats.

Well yeah all I'd have to do is buy a bigger TV but I'm a huge cheapass. I'm also kind of low key worried about losing my job at any time in the next year and being stuck with a big TV. It was hard enough finding this job, finding another job after losing this one would be very difficult.

Status quo? Not really. Things started to change, but only for humans. Either Saki is the head of state with her own litter of cats or they stopped using them. Most queerats were cleansed. Kiromaru's sacrafice is the only reason a few colonies were allowed to continue living.

TV's are at a saturation low price point. If you aren't going to buy a 50 inch+ 4k TV without oled and curved screens when could you buy one?

What started to change for the humans, though? They still have to kill flawed offspring, they still have to do the hypnosis/socialization to prevent fiends and conflict, they still aren't reclaiming the wilderness or trying to expand their society. Saki's only in charge because she learned the technique to live longer and thus has the memory of the village and why things have to be the way they are, but I didn't see anything in her character that suggested a desire for advancement.

I wanted to speculate, but then I realized I still haven't read the novel. So, if anyone here did read it, it's his time to speak up. I imagine the ending is much clearer in book form.

I'd like to wait at least another year, because then I'd be debt free, have enough savings to live for a year, and hopefully a solid business plan to try and seek funding for a translation/localization company.

Though I imagine it could be possible to kill fiends by sending armed Queerats to do an ambush.

Is this some hidden gem, should I go watch it?

That sounds reasonable. Good luck on your endeavors. I hope you make it big and don't forget about the little guys that are whiling away their time on Sup Forums.

Nah, it's just the best anime ever made. Don't watch it.

I liked it, don't mind the faggots

I have doubts about that.

Might do.

Not even gonna ask us for the name of this mongolian carpet slideshow?

No, I know how to reverse image search

It's not so much that that both sides were wrong. It's more like both sides acted on pressing imperatives that were neither illogical, injust or unreasonalbe. Just like Japan and the U.S. did in the Pacific War.

Shinsekai Yori is an allegory about the second world war.

Except humans were in the right in the sense that Squealer's total war was inexcusable from every angle possible just like nuclear bombing of two oldest Catholic centers by the freemason president

I'm withholding judgment on the first bomb dropped, but the second was totally inexcusable. They were trying to surrender repeatedly between the first and second bombs.

Sekai was a giant plothole upon itself. Fucking rushed. Yaoi shit. Best characters die and shit characters get all the glory.

It's worth the watch

It is worthy for the ending alone. The anime itself is very meh. The beginning specially is very unremarkable. You know things are getting better when Squealer starts doing something.

It only gets interesting in the last third but you need to watch the rest of it so you have context

Other than that have fun watching gay psychic camping trips

Yeah the best parts are squealer and the karma demon

Conventional stragetic bombing raids killed a lot more people in the more densly populated Tokyo-area.

It reminds me of the last conversation Squealer had a part in where Saki asked: "ruthlessly murder so many innocent people?" and Squealer replied: "It was all part of the strategy. Once hostilities commenced, we had to do everything we could to win."

youtube.com/watch?v=o63JtqdncRc
Squealer should go down as one of the best anime villains in my opinion. His character gives allegories to the reasons behind both slave uprisings and brutal warmongers.

The humans were decadent and self important, forcing the rats into what is basically slavery. The humans themselves were basically gods, they could smite all the rats whenever they wanted for any reason. They could genetically and culturally modify the rats to keep them in a perpetual state of self destruction. As long as they saw the rats as subhuman, of course. The rats were formerly humans and Squealer knew that, if the fact of that ever came out then the humans would be physically unable to keep them suppressed, enabling their future extinction in the long run if a future war took place. Squealer wanted to free his people from the oppressive boot of the psychic humans and carve their own destiny. As long as the psychically gifted exist and rule with an iron fist, the queerats would never be free.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lxke2YUjBcM
Really a great underrated show. Even in the boring first few episodes you can see the tensions behind the scenes. The rats resent their masters, but are forced to put on a facade of cooperation. The kids can start to see the holes in their society, but can't do anything about that because the society is so fragile that any change can mean their own extinction. These boring episodes are worth the watch to make the ending payoff.

But humans were not decadent. They were stuck in a rut because of the highest possible responsibility that comes with the highest possible power. As rules, of course they could destroy all rats; but they didn't. They were fair and understanding. Too much so, even. Democratic overthrow of queens was an act of violence against natural order and grounds enough for an extermination of the whole colony. What a pity that men were too understanding. If they acted as they should've, Squealer wouldn't get to bite the hand that feeds him.

>"not decadent"
>stale unevolving culture
>rathuman-based slavery
>planned to kill off Squealer's colony solely because they were getting too advanced technologically
>the queens were created by cantus-humans solely to keep the rats in perpetual serfdom. This is the """natural order"""

PK was a mistake

>that pic

Not fucking ok

Humans lived in a healthy environment and their lives were pretty good. That's a state of deep, organic culture that is to be treasured. Just because there's no big novelty every few years doesn't make it "unevolving" or "stale". The fact that things changed after the ending calamity proves you wrong, anyway.

Rats had basically no obligations to humans and ran their colonies themselves. It was humans who overlooked their wars and helped them solve problems. There was no slavery.

Squealer's colony experimented with crazy post-enlightenment ideas that lead to a massacre in a measly few years. These ideas were rejected by humanity for a reason. If Umayyad caliphate was restarted today, do you think we would not stop it as well? Well, if we were civilized we'd actually try to beat ISIS instead of helping them. Squealer's colony had good and outstanding reasons to be purged. It was not the norm.

The queens were not created to keep rats in serfdom. It's technically true, but not what you think it means. It may have been an original intent, but it is the essence of rat biology. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not a part of their being. It's the right way for them to live. Saying otherwise is going not against humans but their very nature itself. And that's exactly what got us that bloody war. It's delusional. Your grudge and self-hatered towards humans is distorting your view on what they are by looking at them as what they could be as a revenge object for your feelings.

delet this

Ask yourself this. Why did the humans practice eugenics to make stronger and stronger psychics even after their government knew this was fucking over the entire world permanently.

the mole rats were forcecully mutated humans

I just rewatched the anime yesterday. I don't think that's stated anywhere in it. What is said is that after Power started appearing, it got stronger with time and as it got used.

>Humans lived in a healthy environment and their lives were pretty good. That's a state of deep, organic culture that is to be treasured.
They lived lived in a small protective bubble while mutating the rest of the earth with their powers. everyone was brainwashed from birth and 90% of their children were culled using mutant cats.

>there was no slavery
literally the first time we see a rat they explain that the rats are slaves and do the manual labour for the humans

The
>>>>wiki
says it got stronger as people kept fighting Cantus users

You're right, however mole man did everything wrong.
Mole man should have cut their supplies and waited out until he could kill them one by one by capturing the kids and luring the adults into traps.

been waiting for this to be posted again thanks user

I think it's pretty stupid trying to argue "who is right". It was a struggle between two different species where the losing side gets exterminated. It didn't solve who is right, only who is left

>PKers
>kill billions of humans to ensure the survival of a tiny minority and enslave the rest of them
>murder most of thier children
>leak their powers onto the world, turning it into a hellish wasteland

It's ok when humans do it. Gas the PKsubhumans race war now.

Do you think our cities and villages today aren't small protective bubbles from the harsh nature? How is that an argument for anything?
That they mutated nature is a big problem, but life itself is a big problem. It's something they had to learn to live with and curb the best they could, hence what you're calling brainwashing. I think 90% is a big exaggeration. At least it's not stated anywhere in the show. If anything, this self-sacrifice hows how sophisticated and responsible humans were in gardening the world. In comparison Queerats started breeding, poluting and industrializing like a bunch of subhumans running after shiny new things, which indeed shows how inadequate they were to run the whole civilizational show.

I wish anime went further in explaining what jobs rats had to do for humans, but it's overwhelmingly shown how they were free in self government. Impression given is that it is to a much higher degree than they had to give to humans through work. Unless you take Squealer's hate filled speeches as a fact.

Is world a hellish wasteland, though? Talks about the world beyond the sacred barrier being scary given to us is because of potential fiends in case a human outside civilization exists, but that's a very unlikely occurrence, isn't it?

It's more about keeping humans inside a community than the world being a hell. With the exception of Tokyo and a few other places probably.

I wonder how it'd go if they were Christian and focused their negative emotions on the real presence of the mass.

Did you miss the whole part where they went to Tokyo?

>Is world a hellish wasteland, though?
Outside the bubble, presumably yes. The rats would move far away from the humans if they could but its just unliveable.

Reread my post:
>With the exception of Tokyo

>The rats would move far away from the humans
But we had invasive rats that lived far away from humans in the series. It's obvious groups of rats live far away from human lands as well and have no contact with humans.

It's a hellish wasteland compared to the current word

A few new species and an untamed jungle since humans aren't ruling over the whole Earth, but only small villages. A big exception is Tokyo because negative thoughts are focused on it, but we also pollute a few places more than any others today. It's not a norm.

>looking down on the creature who wanted to bring a planet of unregistered, uncontrolled psykers too heel.

>waaah humans are unregistered and uncontrollable
>waaah human society is tyrannical because they control too much
The absolute state of anti-human posters!

>waaah
>waaah
The absolute state of anti-psyker control posters.

Humans are controlling themselves pretty well.

>cantus users
>humans
You have to go back

but the subhumans were originally humans they just got turned into subhumans so the esper type people could kill them without backlash for killing what they consider human

No he did one thing wrong. He lost.

I agree, cantus users are not even humans. They're overmen.

Doesn't change the fact that they are subhuman. Turning them back isn't even possible and if it was, it'd be destructive to their species.

Rats are closer to the modern human than the subhuman PKers.

That's not stated anywhere in the anme. It's your own projection.

The modern day humans are the hunter-gathers which were altered in appearance in order to be killed easily. Subhuman PKers are mutated """humans""" which killed the rest of the normal population and thier DNA is sliced with monkeys and wolves. They only have the appearance of humans.

Did you even watch the anime? PK users are normal humans who developed latent psychological powers inherent to humanity, but laying dormant, for a long time. Those who didn't develop it were changed into non-human mutants.

Humanity is still here. And it has PK. The others you could make a case about being human, but they were changed into animals.

>Humanity is still here. And it has PK.
More like humanity is there there but has a changed appearance. I don't know what your definitions of "humanity" are but it definitely isn't the PK jews. PKers were also spliced with bonobo DNA to control them, just like how humans were spliced with mole rat DNA, they are both still human.

Nowhere in the series is it stated they're spliced with bonobo dna. They have been slightly changed to be less aggressive and experience the death of shame.

On the other hand, rats are a completely different species. There's nothing human about then but the same number of chromosome pairs.

What a shit show

yet another show that made me feel ashamed of being a khv

>siding with your enemy
>especially when it's THAT ugly
shiggydiggy

They all were right.

Yeah the humans are totally going to give more rights to the faction that tried to kill them.

queerats are humans with no pk that had inserted mole rate genes

It's a less retarded Psycho Pass but that doesn't make it good.

Fuck you, two wasn't enough.

Not exactly. Read the novel ending

It's translated really well at
shinsekai.cadet-nine.org

I have.

The ending of the novel implies three things
1. The story will continue (it is, but we are getting a prequel)
2. Saki plans some major changes to how the society is run, and she's afraid it will cause a lot of pain at first. My impression is genetic modifications to remove PK (remember tha Satouro is a genetic scientist).
3. They probably won't use the cats. Instead they're going to use the one queerat colony as a means of protection and population control.

When your genetically modified slave workers violate the NAP by raising your best friend's child to fight against you and cease your private property but it's okay because you still have Recreational™ Cantus™

Shin Sekai Yori is such trash. Everyone - literally everyone - deserves to die in this story. There is not a single 'human' or queerat worth saving, but even if the rats are subhuman garbage, there is nothing, absolutely nothing more disgusting than the bonobo-zation of civilization the 'humans' perpetrated. Bonobos are a worthless species.

私たちは人間だああああああああああああああああ

Yes, exactly. The all-powerful, psychic humans are the new face of humanity. The molerats are not. It's the humans who deserve to inherit the Earth, not, you know, the untermensch.

This happens in the book, by the way. The humans promptly wipe out nearly all the molerats except the tribe that sided with them.

>Saki's only in charge because she learned the technique to live longer
Has this been implied/confirmed in the novel?

There aren't any humans in the story. Homo Sapiens are extinct, you've only got Homo Akira and Homo Rattus, and you like the first one because they look more like you.

I liked the idea of this show more than the actual execution of the show.

I mean I guess? Considering every human is walking nuke the analogy falls apart. If that was the intended message it didn't translate very well to me, but I still liked it.

Saki was in charge because she could handle the crazy situations and was more than a loyal sheep, she had leadership qualities and could handle truth

>a woman
>leadership qualities
suspension of disbelief shattered