Trump pushes for ban on gun 'bump stocks'

>US President Donald Trump has signed an order to ban bump-stock devices, which were used by a gunman who killed 58 Las Vegas concert-goers last year.
bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43135584

Haha, looks like yanks will slowly have their guns removed from their greasy hands.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s-DChrnr4Po
youtube.com/watch?v=7RdAhTxyP64
youtu.be/VhuQOZSwFvY
youtube.com/watch?v=kDU6vQRPMqU
youtube.com/watch?v=iJmFEv6BHM0
youtube.com/watch?v=nZIqqj5m2-I
youtu.be/fv3RTIsjADY?t=10s
youtube.com/watch?v=n_2w_N-vUhs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Greasy hands make it easier to bump a rifle.

Can I get a bump stock for my bottle of acid?

Called a squirtgun

This reads like fake news, what are the details? did he sign anything or is this just bullshit putting words in his mouth.

Acid power sprayers, it's only a matter of time.

>being this much in denial
youtube.com/watch?v=s-DChrnr4Po

Trump was supposed to lessen the restrictions. Trumpkins stabbed in the back.
>muh gun restriction
>muh Jews in cabinet .. plus a brown Pai
>Walls on the border...5 disconnected "prototypes"

Have a comped bump

so Obama is back in the White House

Bump stocks are extremely easy to make at home and I don't think a ban will stop a shooter from making one. Criminals don't follow the law, that's the point. This is an empty gesture.

Imagine a dipshit militia with a bunch of bump stocks. Imagine how useless those stocks would be as tools to kill. A child's toy novelty.

only its trump this time
you have been jewed again user
and will keep being jewed till the end of times and after

>libshits cry out for ban on guns
>lel lets ban some useless accessory

No shit Sherlocksky

Bumpstocks are toy novelty items. Furthermore what the leftists refuse too admit is that fully automatic weapons are really only exceptionally dangerous in a war situation when fighting against other armed combatants because of the suppression fire. In a lone gunman scenario particulary with someone who has weapons experience do NOT increase their lethality firing against soft targets with an automatic compared too accurate controlled semi-automatic fire.

Gimmicks aren't protected by the Second Amendment.

>shills, shills everywhere

I agree if you're out in the open somewhere. The North Hollywood shooters didn't even manage to kill anyone with fully automatic rifles, thousands of bullets, and hundred round drums. But an automatic weapon in a building like a school can be way more dangerous.

remember this hero..

>got shot after the perpetrator finished shooting up the church
Yep, he "saved" more lives

All of this is bullshit. I found mulitle places online that will sell them to you.
it's a 200x price from yesterday. That's the only change,
Feel free to check yourself

>Man uses bump stock in massacre. Sprays like a hose, misses almost every shot, 58 die.
>Bump stock banned
>Man cannot use bump stock in massacre. Forced to use controlled, rapid semi-automatic fire. Hundreds die.

Liberal ignorance about guns is literally going to kill people.

>banning 10 dollars in plastic and paper clips

LMAO

>order a review by the doj on attachments that turn semi-auto into full auto
>hurr drumpf is comin for da guns!

Fully automatic = less time to run away + suppression
Doesn't stop the perpetrator from doing semi fires in the first place as well
Who's the ignorant now?

Trump is getting in front of cameras and making concessions to the gun control crowd, it matters on principle alone.

>turn semi-auto into full auto

there is no such attachment as you always have to press the trigger to fire one bullet and it resets after that. Full auto -> multiple bullet with one trigger pull.

also ban shoulders and fingers

youtube.com/watch?v=7RdAhTxyP64

You can make a machine gun with a shoe string.

Have to ban belt loops too. Our pants will be sagging like negros.

If these become banned and you own one, what happens?

Also, Trump is officially committing political suicide by even starting a gun control situation. He will lose half of his voters and not a single liberal will vote for him in the henext election.

youtu.be/VhuQOZSwFvY

shit device for shit shots. Granted giving dems anything for any reasons is a bad idea. They have a bad way of twisting shit around to serve their own ends. I am disinclined to sign off on anything because they're scum and earned my hatred.

thinking bump stops make a gun fully auto

t. noguns

>Also, Trump is officially committing political suicide by even starting a gun control situation.

Are you still on 2D chess level? He's just throwing the gun grabbers a bone to appease them. Every gun owner knows how pointless bump stocks are.

>extra regulations are good
JUST

>proposes

Maybe he fucked us, maybe not.

I am a hobbyist gunsmith, a reloader, and a competitor in nearly every shooting sport available in my area (time permitting).

When I say bump stocks are meme tier bullshit, take that as a very informed opinion.

That being said, I have several binary triggers I dropped half a grand each on and they are fucking awesome, I would be extremely pissed if these were to get soaked up in some bureaucratic bullshit.

I hope this shit isnt going to go the way of banning any and all kinds of triggers, or used as an impetus to ban all semi autos.

Slippery slope, any regulation is bad regulation. Seems like all that happens is they take our rights and we get nothing in return. Eventually they will have eroded them enough to constitute a ban.

This is a gross error on trumps part, but once again we will have to see.

the plural of 'anecdotes' is not 'statistics'

>bump stocks
They are fucking useless. If you can't shoot straight without one you are a fucking moron with one, and do not increase your rate of fire unless you are a fucking faggot. They suck if you want accuracy. While I agree with the slippery slop argument on guns, this is a very small concession

>binary triggers
yep, those are fucked. Hell, 3lb triggers may be fucked too.

good goy

a concession that 'might' make a difference is to end gun free zones and ask the FBI to stop dropping the ball on tips.

If the specific language of the ban is "anything designed to increase rate of fire" or something along those lines its all over. Anyone and everyone can take that to encompass any number of accessories on the market.

youtube.com/watch?v=kDU6vQRPMqU

The atf rules through fiat, nothing they do is lawful or anything but arbitrary. Notice this video is over 4 fucking months old.

The reason we can have fun stuff that is arbitrary is because our laws are made by people who know nothing about guns. Pistol vs. SBR, exact same rifle, but one has a """BRACE"""" vs a stock.

I dont mind those, since they are legit AF, but at the same time I am not ignorant enough to propose it makes any sense. If our lawmakers actually cared then we might not get gems like...

30 magazine clip in half a second faggots.

People who know nothing about something being called upon to create laws governing them...ha...haha...i think not.

And what are these "binary trigger" things useful in a home-defence setting? It's just some dumb gimmick rednecks purchase to suck their own dick with their fake "masculinity".

Its just the first steps friend. Get some nice sloppy language and custim striggers of any sort will be illegal.

google works for searching for things other than dicks

Couldn't any semi auto gun with a sensitive trigger be fired at the same rate as a full auto? I thought the bump stock was just for extra comfort while bump firing

My thoughts exactly. Trump really fucked this up.

yes.. give them the bump stocks and then they'll attack any firearm that can be bump fired, because it increases the rate of fire.

>The reason we can have fun stuff that is arbitrary is because our laws are made by people who know nothing about guns
well that's for sure. It's the same here, but no one will touch gun laws since the liberals blew through a billion dollars trying to make a 'long gun' registry and only got 15k out of 25-30 million, then it was canceled. Someone should send the memo to Connecticut before it is to late

Massively helpful in competitive settings, the binary mode changes how the disconnector interacts with the hammer. This gives you not only a trigger that shoots on pull AND release but also a trigger that has a milder reset and next to zero slap compared to mil-spec triggers. The ability to also quickly double tap means in a single fluid motion you can get two rounds at keyhole performance without having to reset onto the hammer sear and pull the trigger again.

Extremely high end triggers like geissele are easily some of the best on earth. They are extremely light, subtle reset, and promote clean smooth hammer drops, making rapid fire accurate and easy... but that being said they still are fighting a mechanical disadvantage of having to fully reset then pull again.

It can also make a range trip extremely enjoyable for the more casual shooters.

I would probably suggest a semi auto shotgun for in the house since sending 55/64 grain rounds through my wall at ~2800 fps is not ideal even out in the boonies. That being said being able to put two rounds on target quickly and under stress is a VERY desirable feature for a weapon to have.

Many states have it so you are required to have insanely heavy triggers, some even require double fucking action. If you are a petite woman trying to pull a 13 lb double action trigger you are going to get raped to death before getting a shot off.

Likewise, binary triggers are extremely easy to shoot since the mechanics of the action are different. And FYI they still have a boilerplate semi auto position I would rate infinitely higher than a mil spec trigger.

Besides. Who is talking about home defense, youre strawmanning something no one is talking about...lazily too.

>posting an article about telling you about an order which trump wrote
>not simply posting the order (it's only a couple paragraphs on a page)

Congrats faggot you fell for the FAKE NEWS jew yet again........

I really don't have a problem with this. It's not a gun, it's a gun accessory. And it's used to emulate the function of a fully-automatic weapon. At the very least, it should have the same restrictions placed on it as actual fully-automatic weapons.

I mean they did the same thing with the daca shit, acting like a deal had been hammered out and trump had bent over for schumer and pelosi.

On the bright side, I think trump is somewhat responsive to his base or, at the very least, quick to change his stance via public criticism.

We wont know what happens until more details come out about it.

Its equally likely trump postures to give the shooting the "two week" roulette that happens every time such an event goes down at which point it will be memory holed.

Two weeks. All we need is two weeks and the american public will forget it ever happened. I have yet to see anything last longer than that. Even with media bullshit and nonstop coverage if it goes past two news cycles people will lose interest and fast.

All trump has to do is not fuck it up for TWO. WEEKS.

I think hes just paying lip service, hopefully nothing will come of it and the liberal tears will keep flowing.

This. It doesn't matter if banning bump-stocks is meaningless. The gun grabbers will have an orgiastic gloating frenzy over this, and they just got ammunition to keep pushing for further bans because of the justifications Trump gave.

Fuck him. He's going to have to do a lot to get my vote back.

youtube.com/watch?v=nZIqqj5m2-I

Meant to post this. How long until this gets banned.

>Criminals don't follow the law

So there's no point in punishing them afterwards? What kind of retarded line of thought is this. Laws are not directly meant to prevent crime. They're meant to wreck your shit after you get caught.

Bump fire weapons have a lot of potential mate, don't be so quick to give them up.

>13 lb trigger
what the fuck kind of hand cannons do you even have down there?

But what about the slippery slope argument?

I dont give up any firearm rights on principals, I will fight for them to be in the hands of lawful gun owners.

That being said on a personal note I dont give a fuck about them, but we are talking about a big picture thing here. Check out the video of the binary trigger, i've got 4 now, and I even got one inside a Sig MPX.

The nice thing about good triggers is, they go inside more than just one gun or platform. The echo trigger fits inside this mpx with very few modifications and gives me insane speed without the need for any ugly accessories. Anything that takes a standard ar fire control group should fit a binary trigger easily. Some things might require me to hit up the end mill for an hour or two but most of this stuff is plug and play.

I am still curious what you mean by potential though. I dont think there is anything out there with the same COMP'ing potential as a bump stock XD

>Laws are not directly meant to prevent crime
Anti-gun retards think banning guns will prevent gun crime. Since they don't prevent gun crime there's no point in restricting the rights of citizens for a "greater good" that doesn't exist.

Retards will say it doesn't matter but this is literally how they do it, bit by bit "nobody needs this", "just banning military grade", etc, etc

Looking at echo vids now, very impressive,
By potential I mean that if an arms manufacturer actually got serious and designed a whole gun around the bump fire principal you could end up with a legal weapon almost as effective as a full blown Assault Rifle.

Nice fucking digits, and you are correct. They are already going apeshit over the "big win" they forced out of Trump.

You are a fucking idiot. You don't give ANY ground to the Left, especially not when you've got your boot on their neck and have the power to deal them a severe cultural blow.

>Bump fire weapons have a lot of potential mate

that shit was around forever, shit you can search the internet and you will find posts from the early 2000s, nobody gave a shit until now.

Its a gimmick, it remains a gimmick

>The gun grabbers will have an orgiastic gloating frenzy over this, and they just got ammunition to keep pushing for further bans because of the justifications Trump gave.
this is what pisses me off the most about it. i couldnt give a shit about bump stocks and no other gun people do either. it's the principle of it.

He’s not a fucking crisis actor you paranoid Nazi fucks. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? Do you not see every news report, every highly retweeted post on Twitter, every highly upvoted thread on Reddit telling you how fucking disgusting you are? STOP SPREADING THESE LIES. THEY ARE NOT CRISIS ACTORS. STOP YOUR LIES IMMEDIATELY.

youtu.be/fv3RTIsjADY?t=10s

Controlled. Accurate. Reliable. All without sacrificing speed.

With traditional "rate increasing devices", you usually end up with borderline retarded spraying with ZERO control. Very dangerous, very out of control. With a binary, its deliberate, and controlled, it very literally doubles your fire rate without sacrificing good marksmanship habits and trigger discipline. It lets you get on target quickly and disperse rounds ACCURATELY on target when YOU want to fire.

I have helped make some form 1 MG's for a Class 3 buddy who runs a shop. Needless to say, my experience with them while extremely fun. However, I would still prefer something like this over a genuine ~900 rpm MG that tactical mag dumps at the slightest press of the trigger.

With most mg's you dont really have control, not in a traditional marksmanship sense. You are more or less "guiding" the muzzle and staying on for the ride.

With a binary trigger, its like unleashing that spray but exactly when YOU want it to. Its almost like a hybrid semi/full feature that gives you the speed of an mg with the discipline that a nice semi trigger pull gives you.

How many of you play pubg I wonder? Do you run around sniping at targets ~200+ meters out on full fucking auto? What does your average engagement look like for a real shooter?

I can tell you its not the bullshit you see in Hollywood where you just throw your entire 30 round mag at them in 2 seconds and then reload.

Semi auto is good enough, the key here is a gun should shoot as fast as YOU can handle, and not one round faster.

Also, I dont like getting shot by idiots.

They wont get soaked up, but me thinks they may get added to the NFA registry.

Thats why I bought 3 yesterday. I’m sitting on them, partly speculation, partly because they’re fun as shit anyway.

>banning bump fire stocks
It's a feel good measure to appease fools. Any decent weaponsmith/metalworker/shop owner can easily convert ARs and AKs to full auto. Hell, with 3d printers converting ARs to full auto is retard easy.

trump just signaled to libtards that if they make a loud enough screeching sound and throw some kids in front of the white house he'll cave.
this isnt soemthing to be silent about.

Bump stock, Gimmick that lowers accuracy and only looks cool on a firing range pissing about
Libs think its some super item that turns guns into full auto 600 round a minute death machines

This is throwing them a bone and if they whine just say, i thought you were for gun control?

As someone who has done this legally, yes, if you have a drill press or even a drill with a decent bit its simple as fuck. Most lowers are not shelved, if you pick the right lower, a single hole drilled above the selector and a parts kit is all you need to make it identical to any military rifle that FN or colt is shipping to the forces.

Full auto parts kits are *kinda* grey. Im not saying there is some buried somewhere but their neither hard nor expensive to get.

That being said, pay cash.

>fun as shit
If you own one for no other reason then fun, cool, go for it.
>nfa
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It's the principle of appeasement mongoloid. read the thread ffs.

I do agree they are pointless, however if you give liberals a foot they take a mile.

I really don't like the route US politicians are taking to deal with unsatisfied citizens. The people who refuse to educate themselves on something they want banned are usually spoiled brats who are used to getting everything they want. By giving in to their demands so easily sends the message that the burger government is one huge failed parent that doesn't want to teach it's offspring anything but instead take the easy way out and let them have it their way.

People will just use lightning links or dias

Full auto burst are GOAT though.
Sure semi auto is best for target shooting where you know where all your targets are going to be before you shoot at them - but you don't have that luxury in real combat.

You'd rarely get a full open view of your target, maybe you'd have an area where you think they are - perhaps a bush moved or something - give it a quick burst, throw some lead in their general direction. Or maybe while you're on the move suddenly a target appears - you don't want to pause, aim, shoot - you just want swing your muzzle in their general direction and start sending lead their way ASAP before they send some your way.

Now I'm not saying full auto is always best for all scenarios but having it as an option makes a soldier more versatile.

Sure they will never stop whining and pushing
Give them nothing and they keep pushing, give them something and they will keep pushing

But giving them a gimmick kills the He does nothing narrative

Sure its best to ignore the idiots, but hes a Politician, what do people honestly expect

At least on pol conservatives aren't supporting this. Everywhere else people are saying it's 4d chess, that Trump made a pointless concession.

How fucked is it that people don't see this as a precedent to ban any accessories at will?

They passed this law so that more people will lose their right to bear arms over time, by targeting an accessory that's shit so most people don't care about it.

Mark my words they will come for barrel rails eventually, because Rails are "military style."

So tell the WH he'll lose your vote if he concedes on gun control. They need to hear that from everyone even if you don't care about bump stocks.

>hurr durr bumpstocks are only a gimmick, he's just throwing them a bone
No shit, Sherlock. The point is that they don't need any bones. They need all the bones taken from them. They're so hysterical precisely because we've been standing our ground culturally for the first time in decades--its not the fucking time to retreat.

not to mention you have ultrakikes like Scott Israel down in Florida quoting the fucking Talmud while making not-so-vague threats to elected officials about how they'll lose (((support))) if they don't concede on gun control

>implying an attachment can make your firing mechanism have a higher top speed.

Are you retarded?

>getting upset over fake news

The possibility that it is indeed 4d chess is very strong, read the actual order and pay close attention to the wording.

Then people will just use full autos if the penalty is the same. Lightning links and drop in auto sears were the work around for NFA and GCA'86. Hell, the atf has registered shoestrings because the simulate full auto.

Thank you for your optimism Ausfag, but the FBI will keep ignoring when people are reported as saying they're gonna do a school shooting, and next time the libs aren't gonna go,
>oh it's okay this time, we already banned (the sale of) bump stocks.

I have never seen a faggot so thoroughly BTFO, good job user.

What is a bump stock?

The function of a fully automatic receiver is fundamentally different than the function of nerfed civilian rifle receivers.

You can't emulate it by pulling a trigger really fast.

As if brits have any “masculinity” left.

youtube.com/watch?v=n_2w_N-vUhs

You are correct. Automatic weapons have their place in any good fireteam or arsenal, however ron's betrayal back in 84' means we NEVER get those back. I wouldn't even mind having to tax stamp an MG, but its not politically feasible.

I wont argue about the usage of mg's, especially purpose built ones (open bolt). Having gotten to play with a few, they are EXTREMELY effective.

But your point, while valid, is also why its wrong in this context.

>in real combat
Being able to lay down a string of fire on an unknown element is great.

Doesn't really make sense when I am in my suburban bugman household and tyrone breaks in to fuck my wife. Ya dig?

I am sure the situation will go real well with shitlibs when we repeal the nfa and everyone runs out and buy mg's. That would be a dream come true...but do you know why they call it a dream?

You have to be asleep to believe it.

Which is sort of the point, we need to talk about political feasibility. Maybe in the distant future, if we play our cards right, if we take our time, maybe.

But for now, we need to be low time preference, we gotta fight each battle as it comes without ceding ANY ground.

damn my dick is hard as a rock

Trump declares war on the 2nd Amendment! CIVIL WAR NOW!

Repeal ALL gun laws or we go to war.

>not to mention you have ultrakikes like Scott Israel down in Florida quoting the fucking Talmud while making not-so-vague threats to elected officials about how they'll lose (((support))) if they don't concede on gun control
oh, you were serious.

(JTA) — As he leads the police response to the school shooting in Parkland, Florida, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel is likely enduring some of the toughest days of his career. And he’s probably looking to his Judaism to guide him through it.

“My Jewish faith is a central part of my entire life,” the flier quotes Israel as saying. “My late father Sonny Israel fought in the Korean War and became a police officer because he believed in the call from the Talmud that ‘Whoever saves one life saves an entire world.’ Those words guided my brother and I, as we also became police officers.”

we won't let it happen.
From my cold dead hands, bitch!

keep in mind this is the same guy whose department visited cruz's house 39 times over 7 years for violent outbursts, threats to shoot people, and self-mutilation and he was never once committed for psychiatric eval like he should have been

It has a "grooming" vibe to it

The one thing preventing a lot of people from adding auto sears to their ARs is the fact that you have to machine out an additional portion of the lower receiver. It wouldn’t be hard for anyone with mild experience, heck someone who has completed an 80% lower would probably have enough skill at that point to machine it accurately enough.

What’s the point of having a full auto though? The military is training semi-auto now because it’s more accurate, uses far less Ammo, and is actually better for suppressive firing. Normies irrationally fear full auto because of the “rounds per minute” number. Honestly if the school shooter in Florida had a full auto, he would have ran out before causing much damage, if he was soecificallg targeting certain students, which appears to be the case. If you could load magazines fast enough you could blow through about 27 magazines in a single minute, how would you carry that many magazines?

The media and normies are fucking retarded and liberals are using their restardness to their advantage.

I give you, the drop in auto sear

never heard of the Drop in auto sear or lightning link? i guess not since your a memeflag shill retard . I dont even live in your damn country and i know about them.

Don't forget shoelaces