What happened to visual novels adaptations? Why are Fate and stuff by Key the only VNs that get adapted nowadays?

What happened to visual novels adaptations? Why are Fate and stuff by Key the only VNs that get adapted nowadays?

Light novels took over.

VN adaptations were refreshing in retrospect since they actually had endings

don't forget Nitroplus

Isn't the Nekopara OVA coming out later this year though?
>inb4 its a kinetic novel not a visual novel

Rewrite anime when?

I could see an adaption of Kikokugai or Hanachirasu working pretty well if they went all out with the violence and action scenes, 80's OVA style.

Outside of the killer apps like Danganronpa and Ace Attorney and the ones OP mentioned, Visual Novels are not as popular in Japan as they use to be about 10 years ago

90% of VN have erotic scenes, I guess it could be one of the factors making it harder to get anime adaptions from them, since children who watch the anime might google the name and *accidentally* discover the superior source material. Another reason is that society is changing and walking out of the store with a VN box in your hands is even harder than it was in the past because of the stereotypes.

hello OP

They flop at a pretty good rate.

you sound like you've been watching anime for less than 3 months.

Trends change, that's all.

You're retarded.

They don't sell nor do they help to sell the visual novels.

The only visual novels that do okay nowadays are visual novels based on a light novel that got an anime adaptation. Original visual novels do not sell.

>visual novel adaptations
>Haruhi
Educate yourself.

Maybe he means that Haruhi started the trend that killed VN adaptations.

I think it's harder for them to adapt VNs than LNs.
Besides the point about most VNs having sex scenes, I think on average, visual novels are less episodic. So they feel compelled to adapt the whole long thing into a 12 episode anime, which doesn't work well. With a light novel, they could just adapt the first arc or two and then stop.

LNs get more adaptations because that's where the money is now, Eroge are essentially a dead industry, there's no money to be found by making them.
Creators nowadays are much better off making shitty DMM games or writing webnovels at narou.

It's funny you use the meme girl from Konoshitba, because one of the first roles of the MC was Akashima Ayumu from Yumina the Ethereal, a 9,88/10 VN that was pretty fucking OK from the creators of Aselia the Eternal. One didn't get any adaptation despite even having a dungeon crawling isekai optional part with missions and a tabloid similar to the one in the meme show, and the exchanges between the party of the MC and his three girls were much funnier and better than Konofuckingshitsuba. The other one, Aselia... honestly it would have been better that it didn't get THAT adaptation

You sound retarded.

This. Most LN authors write their stories with the intention of them getting an anime adaptation. VNs don't really work that way, especially ones that have a lot of player choice.

I am not speaking, though, you retarded Bazingasuba 12 years old kid

Even Fate has pretty much moved onto LNs and Mobage, the VN market is simply pretty weak nowadays, and with the double whammy of being harder to adapt then a linear LN they aren't an appealing choice.

Random galge keeps getting adaptation every month. Well, as hentai OVAs.

>What happened to visual novels adaptations?
They don't sell. Like at all. Last one that did is Fate and Steins;Gate