I just recently got into Bakemonogatari and I have to ask why do people act like Senjougahara is God's waifu?

I just recently got into Bakemonogatari and I have to ask why do people act like Senjougahara is God's waifu?

Like she's so abrasive and such a dick to Arararagi not to mention hostile. She's only

There's a perfectly good Hanekawa to love and you decide to back the asshole.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/aUnRmS3B
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you don't think you're waifu would kill you and then herself if you so much as look at another girl wrong, how can you say that she loves you...?

*she's only nice for mere fractions of any given episode.

You really shouldnt judge any characters until around the 2nd season.

Son I gave this bitch the entirety of season 1 if that's not enough I don't what is.

>I just recently got into Bakemonogatari
oh, just wait, she gets worse

>There's a perfectly good Hanekawa
Insert picture of small brain.

Continue watching the series, you will see that Senjougahara is one of best characters and that Hanekawa really isn't all that.

>watch the first 15 episodes of a series with over 100 episodes of character development

get further in the series

Keep watching and you'll find out.

Because Senjyogahara is the only person who honest about Araragi and his flaws. considering that he hates himself, he probably appreciates it.

Later on in the series she
helps him get into a big boy college, saves his life with the help of a crazy man, and loves him almost unconditionally

There are 94 episodes and 3 movies.

>watched kizu yesterday
I feel bad for Cat

Hanekawa is such a typical boring kind of character, I'd choose crab based on that alone.

I feel bad for literally every girl but Spooko and Shinobu. Araragi leads them on, pretends to love them, etc etc. not a good guy.

she was fine until she got her character development

*character undevelopment

After Bake she regresses as a character

She's abrasive and abusive because she's a rape victim and she wants to feel in control. Shes also afraid Araragis only after her pussy, and its a wsy to trst his devotion. Still someone you wouldn't want to touch with a ten foot pole, but at least it's understandable.

When did he ever pretend to love or lead on Kanbaru?

Good point.

The only thing he did to Kanbaru was take the love of her life away. Now Senjyogahara and Kanbaru don't even talk to each other. Ever.

I get her character on why she is how she is, but she's just so fake; puts on this bitch personality when in reality all she really is, well, is nothing like the persona she built up for herself. We see her break down a few times throughout the series and her true self's just a timid girl who's actually rather sensitive. Still, she has nothing really going for her other than a whole bunch of issues.

Not true. Her dad is pretty wealthy

>take the love of her life away
But Kanbaru never had her and they barely talked anymore after Kanbaru was rejected. Kanbaru needed to learn to face the rejection so she could let go of her bitterness and self-loathing

Sup Forums loves broken girls like Asuka and Senjou because of the appeal of 'fixing' them or licking each other's wounds. Pathetic, really.

she's been lied to before
she gets more dere after the events in nise for obvious reasons

>Because Senjyogahara is the only person who honest about Araragi and his flaws
Cat and Bat say hello.

Yeah, she's shit.

Don't listen to the other people in the thread. They're all Crabfags. If you don't like her now, you won't like her later.

>Her dad is pretty wealthy
then why are they still so poor?

Ignore Crab, user, you are welcome to the Bat side of the force. We have cute bat and arguments.

Her dad used to be super rich, but then they got saddled with debt by the mom's cult.

>then why are they still so poor?
They are wealthy, but most of the assets aren't liquid and there is most likely some divorce alimony that needs to be paid. In addition I thought the business is recovering still?

Different strokes for different folks.

Some people don't like doormats. The only time Senjougahara was a dick to Araragi was when they first met, which she had her reasons although not justifiable.

Later on it's just teasing do you not have a spine or something?

>The only time Senjougahara was a dick to Araragi was when they first met, which she had her reasons although not justifiable.
She chained him up in a fucking basement just because she didn't want him to meet her old crush.

>why do people act like Senjougahara is God's waifu?
Nobody says that, monogatari threads are filled with crab hate. We love Shinobu.

Yes, Hanekawa is better. Best actually.

The series really shows that everyone has problems and everyone has different ways to deal with them.

Is bottling up your emotions until you explode a good thing? No, but neither is being a tsundere, which is effectively an extreme version it, where you are bottling up your positive emotions rather than negative.
Crab is a cancer through and through.

Not sure what Hanekawa's Astrological signs are, but wouldn't be surprised if it were Leo/Tiger. That would account for her charisma and personal power, while also showing her tenderness and ability to be wounded greatly by those she loves.

Anywho, yeah, I'd take Cat over Crab any day. She doesn't love Araragi any less for going for Senjogahara, In fact she took it very well as far as things go.

Apparently Senjogahara would CONSCIOUSLY go on a murder spree if araragi were to cheat, or break up with her.
Yea right bitch.

The problem is Arararagi is a dumb shit, and is at times so self involved that his hero-complex boner only activates when he can see someone's deficiencies.
It's his masochism that attracts him to Crab, as she is a visible train wreck, even being the classic Oujo-shit.

>There's a perfectly good Hanekawa to love and you decide to back the asshole.
>perfectly good
Hanekawa has a whole bunch of personality issues herself (see: Nekomonogatari). It's her own damn fault for not confessing her love to Araragi first before Senjougahara did. Beside, Araragi loves Hitagi because she's a lot like his mother while his attraction to Hanekawa was simply pure lust over her body type.

>chained him up
>tells cat not to personally email him
>dyes her hair maths color
the lengths crab goes to keep his attention solely on her is sad

>Like she's so abrasive and such a dick to Arararagi not to mention hostile
After the first arc, that's just banter user. If you can't handle the bantz you should probably just drop the series.

>while his attraction to Hanekawa was simply pure lust over her body type.
I honestly don't understand how people are still saying this. Even Oshino could tell that he had genuine feelings towards her.

>In fact she took it very well as far as things go.
Not true. She was bottling her frustration/jealousy hence why the cat oddity appeared a second time.

Bat a best. Keep watching for bat.

Y-Y-YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE BANTZ is the pathetic cry of every Crabfag if someone doesn't like their waifu. Plenty of other girls have great banter without being insufferable cunts who get away with their constant shit because Araragi turns into a doormat around them.

>were to cheat
he already did/does. he kissed three different girls behind her back and gropes almost every girl he comes across. even in the new novel, him and bat supposedly do lewd things. shes being played like a fiddle.

If you continue watching the series the opposite becomes true. Gahara is at her best in Bake/Nise.

Araragi is a masochist, he gets off to being a doormat

I think rrgi should date cat, at least for the time he is dating crab instead. If they changed Crab for Cat, people who know how he will end with Bat wouldn't even be mad.

>Date's crab
>Cat is the best pre-bat girl instead

Doesn't make it any less irritating to watch.

>I think rrgi should date cat
It wouldn't work since Cat wants him all to herself hence no fooling around. She wouldn't let him get away with a lot of things he pulls if they were to go out.

Maybe if your taste is bad

Can't argue with those trips

I'm sorry that I enjoy actual character chemistry rather than one character one-sidedly walking all over the other.

It's not necessarily her "fault" that the felines keep coming after her; Yes, there are oddities in their town, but really they are all centering on Araragi.

His existence as a pseudo-vampire (Vampire being the king of oddities), alongside all of the shenanigans with the shirohebi shrine just makes any negativity around him end up creating oddities.

Had she been in any other place, it would have just ended up with her being salty.
Normally people handling shit just ends up in regular mental baggage, not summoning bake mono.

In real life, sometimes the person you fall in love with ends up dating some piece of shit, and can't do anything to fix it.

Maybe it's because shinobu is in Rrr's shadow.

That's a natural occurrence for a vampire I daresay. And no, in my opinion, r3 is after her personality

>a rape victim
she wasn't raped you speedreader. she almost was.

>crabs mom goes crazy and almost has her raped
>cats mom commits suicide right in front of her
>snails parents divorce basically causes her to die
>monkeys mom was shitty
>maths mom was abusive

what did nisio mean by this

maybe god is one of us.May bee

Shitty parents can create shitty outcomes and attitudes for their children.

>>cats mom commits suicide right in front of her
wat

>Araragi household is an extreme mix of order and anarchy, leading to the creation of a nihilistic idiot, a zealous idiot, and an idiotic idiot
>Snake's parents coddle her, thereby reinforcing her defense mechanism
It's all part of Nisio's tightly woven pattern of causality.

She literally offed herself in front of Cat who was either a toddler or baby at the time. This is why Hanekawa was put with a different family in the first place.

Why do you make me have to remember all these things Nisio

Cat's past is so sad to me. She even tries to tells her classmates about her situation at home(not acting like a real family), but they got weirded out by her which then leads her to never bringing it up despite how unsettling her whole family situation was at the time.

He never did that to Doll.

>>dyes her hair maths color

When did she do that? Musubi?

>>maths mom was abusive

That was mainly her father wasn't it? Math's mother went mad and starved herself to death.

No, they were both absolutely terrible, Sodachi just justified her awfulness possibly so she could at least have someone who sort of cared about her in her life.

I'd forgotten about that. Lucky old Math.

Shinobu is literally a cuckquean though. There's no other girl more cucked in the franchise.

we don't, it's an inside joke in the monogatari community to act like it so people mask their love of the true best character - which is snek

I hate Cat arcs so fucking much, I'm up to Second Season but I barely made it past Neko. Hopefully we're done with her for a while
Gahara looks, sounds, and talks like a girl I had the pleasure of spending a vacation with and we were fought 24/7. I hate her abusive 'teasing' but her timid side is cute.

What did they mean by this?

>streamfag
>tumblr gif

ebin

>Hate Cat arcs
Bitch, why? Or more importantly, how?
Only bad thing about Cat arcs is other Bakemono fucking it up and wasting time before we get to delicious Inchō.

Shinobumonogatari Summary.
pastebin.com/aUnRmS3B

Autism

Try to finish all of it up to second season and then see if your opinion is the same. Hanekawa is boring to be honest.

That's not how the doujin went

What about snail?

>saves his life with the help of a crazy man
How dare you.

We all know the only good waifus are snail, monkey, and imouto. the good imouto you know which one

Actually nips think Hanekawa is best waifu.

Gif-related is the best character and has the best arc in the series.

But user, she just doesn't care about Ragi dating Crab. She's too kind to make him decide, so she's chilling in his shadow. If anyone is a cuck, it's Crab, since her official bf lives with another girl 24/7 and basically washes her pussy and buys her stuff whenever she asks him to.

Karen would be best if not for the...well the incest.

No user, this is bullshit and you know it. Araragi is going to keep having sex and quite possibly have children with senjyo for decades, while Shinobu will have to watch it all unfold. She may even get to play with her husbando's son.

You're trying to make it look cool and noble by saying she's too nice to make Araragi choose one of them for good, but the truth is she can't do shit about it and Araragi will mantain the status quo for as long as he damn pleases, because ultimately the guy is scummy like that.
>b-but Araragi and Shinobu have a deep, emotionl bond even if they don't have sex, even though it's pretty clear their relationship has intentional romantic undertones
Well, that just makes Shinobu sound like the pathetic cuck that brags about his wife coming back home to snuggle with him after being railed by chad. This of course also make both Araragi and Hitagi look pretty bad, but that's exactly what they look like if you remove the wish fullfilmet goggles from the equation.

So Rrrrrrragi is pretty much Sup Forums personified?
I never thought about it that way but damn Nisio sure knows his target demographic.

>quite possibly have children with senjyo for decades
Nope, that's not the case, since Senjo hates kids and they will be half-vampires if they try
>but the truth is she can't do shit about it and Araragi will mantain the status quo for as long as he damn pleases, because ultimately the guy is scummy like that
What did you mean by this? Yes, he's quite scummy and can't really decide for himself sometimes but that doesn't mean he won't come crawling to Shinobu once she tells him to dump Senjo. Do I really need to remind you what exactly she means to Araragi? Do I really need to rewrite all that shit that was posted here numerous times? Stop fooling yourself.
Now, Araragi and Shinobu do have a bond. And Shinobu isn't trying to make Araragi abandon his human life, because that's what he values, that's what he wants, as a normal human. He wants a normal life, a job and other shit. Since she understands it pretty well and it doesn't really contradict her current situation, she doesn't say anything about it. She doesn't care. She's his partner, supernatural partner. Not a romantic one at the time, of course, since she makes it pretty clear that she's not ready for something like this.
And now let me turn everything on its head for you.
>Araragi is going to keep having sex and quite possibly have children with senjyo for decades, while Shinobu will have to watch it all unfold
And Hitagi is going to keep living knowing that her husband values his loli vampire more than her and their possible children
>but the truth is she can't do shit about it
Yes, and she can't do shit about it, since the moment she asks him to abandon Shinobu, she'll be sent home with her belongings.
And if Shinobu dies he'll just say "sorry bae have to kill myself for my life partner, bye" and drop her like the finest bass. Oh, wait, he even dropped her like three times, although the bitch kept coming, because she's probably worthless like that. So, let's think. Who's the real cuck, m8?

> why do people act like Senjougahara is God's waifu?
Because she is. Nisio created perfect 2d girl.

Trust me, once you see a golden haired loli living in his shadow you'll be blown away by her beauty and you will start to love her.

As I watch Nekomonogatari:Shiro, I realize Senjougahara is not the perfect girl for Koyomi, but for Tsubasa.

She pulls her out of her feelings perfectly, and realizes that Tsubasa isn't something to solely be worshiped (even though she deserves it), but even though she is a perfect being, she still needs love.

Araragi because of his own perverted nature cannot seem to be courageous enough to make that step.

Senjougahara's value only shines forth in Yuri.

Araragi thinks he deserves senjougahara, but doesn't,
Tsubasa thinks Araragi can save her, but he can't, and Senjougahara thinks that araragi is the right guy for her but he isn't. No guy really is.

Really, Cat and Crab are best match, since senjougahara still needs someone who can match her, and needs someone who can bring the protector out of her, as her emotions are revealed when she has someone to protect.

Tsubasa needs someone who cares enough to protect her, who doesn't "need protection".

Araragi might deserve bat. Maybe.

Will all the cheating he does, I don't think he really deserves her.

That's why I said maybe. They both hate themselves and have a codependent nature, but at the very least Bat has some pride in herself.

It's hard saying someone who desires to be abashed and punished deserves anyone, because anything positive becomes negative, and anything negative becomes positive.

That is why he really goes after crab rather than cat.

Because cat defines herself by being better than all humans (She is a human oddity with an affinity towards cats, which are worshiped like gods)

And crab defines herself by being able to dominate all humans.

Araragi wants to be crushed, rather than raised up.

Considering how cat acts, she probably just dumped it on them like a big fucking autist and scared them off. There's definitely ways to break heavy shit to normal people, and someone as smart as Nisio says Hanekawa is should be very capable of it.

I don't think he'll cheat once they become an official thing especially since Bat isn't afraid to call him out on his shit. She just never says anything in regards to him cheating on Crab because she doesn't care.

She was a little kid during that incident.

>Like she's so abrasive and such a dick to Arararagi not to mention hostile.
In a weird way that's her appeal. She actually seems the closest out of all of them to a real girlfriend, so that's the appeal because it's tantalising.

So she should have tried again later. But she never did because she's paradoxically the smartest and strongest according to Nisio but also a complete moron and massive coward when it comes to how she acts.

>strongest according to Nisio
Pretty sure Bat is the strongest.

>massive coward
Not after Neko White.