How do I quit the alcohol-jew?

How do I quit being a degenerate alcoholic Sup Forums? I’ve wasted the last three years of my life on this stuff and it’s only getting worse. What tricks do you guys use to give up this degeneracy?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kratom helped me.

milk

>How do I quit being a degenerate alcoholic Sup Forums?
Solve your personal issues. All addictions arise from personal issues. If you don't solve them, no matter what steps you take to quit, you will regress back to the addiction.

just stop drinking? Lol

Why? It’s a good way of dealing with stress and depression/anxiety

any time you having a craving just brush your teeth first.

Jogging got rid of my cravings, gave me a reason to moderate my drinking and it is slowly shrinking my beer gut.

There's only one solution, if you're not the sort that can 'just quit', and that's mind over matter. The only way to not drink is to consciously not drink. If you go on autopilot and stop being conscious, you'll drink, so become a master of your own existence and always stay alert. Every second of every day you're not sleeping. It's like an RPG.

You never quit alcohol. It quits you.

Go to an Al-user meeting and talk to the people who have to deal with alcoholic family members. Worked for me. 30 years.

Me too. Excercise helps. Set goals. I.E. don't drink for a day, then a week, then a month. Remember your new mantra: health and wealth. Shit takes a toll on body, mind and wallet.

Also learn to meet qt's without alcohol as a crutch (my hardest struggle right now). Find non-drinking friends

Saint John's wort could be worth a try to deal with the biological side of drinking too much, but you have to inform yourself and watch out not to stay in the sun for too long. The psychological side is also an issue, maybe you just need something to your time or you need to solve some problems you are currently trying to forget about. Good luck.

i killed myself op and i suggest you do the same

Any time I had a craving I just chugged a bunch of water.

Went from a litre of whiskey/vodka a day to only drinking every few days and way less than a litre.

I always use it as a way to relax after a long day. Maybe I could replace it with a more wholesome activity, but I’m not sure what that would be.

>how do I not do something
holy fuck this world needs to end. It takes more effort continuing to drink than it takes to stop.
Fat? Stop eating.
Alcoholic? Stop drinking
Drug addict? Stop smoking
>BUT WAHH IT HARD ME NO LIKE TOUGH LIFE ME NEED COPING MECHANISM
grow the fuck up already jesus christ almighty

Also slowly and consciously reduce the amount you drink. Avoid activities that you only enjoy while drunk, such as gaming or going to a nightclub. Physiology and brain chemistry takes time to change. You have to give it time and not give up. Keep scaling back. Keep replacing it with other things. Fill your time with productive activity. Especially recreational activity that is also good for your health like sports.

I'm on Antabuse, and it helps me immensely. If I can't enjoy it I won't do it, and hopefully it will train me to stay away from it enough that I won't need it eventually. I was a drunk mess for years.

Does the alcohol buy itself for you?
For me it was easy, I am so lazy that procrastination keeps me sober

First, quit spirits. Only drink beer even if it's strong beer. Second, whenever you'd usually drink stuff yourself with food so you won't get the rush of drinking on an empty stomach making it not worth it.

Can't really say much more without knowing your current drinking habits.

>Saint John's wort
Saint John's wort can have serious side effects. It can lead to depression and suicidal thoughts.

You don't. If you're white you can easily handle regular intakes of alcohol. Only Asiatic genes lack the enzyme to break it down properly and produce shitty lowlife drunks who die early

Jump

You Don't.

And massive anxiety. I took it for depression for about 6 months during college, and I was so anxious I couldn't even have an orgasm.

What is this puritan quest?
In 2 years you people will be dressing as amish and whipping yourselves for impure thoughts.

lel

nigga just close your mouth and walk away haha

Smoke weed instead

Go to AA op, it's changed the lives of a lot of people in my family.

something in me changed. I used to be the type of alcoholic who can't stop once i start, blackouts, drinking at VERY inappropriate times.
This past year I suddenly can drink 1 or 2 beers and not have an overwhelming craving for more. I feel very fortunate for the problem solving itself somewhat. I think its because I'm experienced enough where alcohol doesnt really make me more sociable. I've learned how to talk to people and not be afraid. A lot of the time i'd drink because of social anxiety, and now that that's gone, the impulse is too.
To answer your question, I think training your sober mind to cope with fear and negative emotions will help to deal with alcoholism.
pic somewhat related

you have to replace drinking with something else that might interest you or would be profitable so you would feel like doing it.
so instead of drinking at night until you pass out you could work around your house, read books or go to church
whatever the fuck

Quit drinking. You're welcome.

I don't know, I managed to do so only because of a big happening in my life.
Me and my long time best friend always joked about how we will never manage to quit drinking as long as we are in each others lives (we sporadically were trying to quit, with the other one starting the cycle all over again sooner or later). Dumb jokes sometimes come true: he passed away long before his time. I swore to myself that I will never drink again after the funeral, he was at the time straightening this life out was in his quitting phase at the time of his passing. I intend to hold unto this no matter what, otherwise that would be an offence towards his memory. I might forget his face and voice, and stop visiting hte grave, but I will never forget why I don't drink anymore.
If you are anything like me then you need something to shake you up. Hope it doesn't though - the tradeoff isn't worth it.

Why do you drink?

Have you tried crack instead?

You shouldn't need tricks to convince yourself that throwing money away to consume poison and make yourself sick is a bad thing to do.

Never start to use it excessively. Simple

>put comp in fridge
This would actually be a good idea if not for the humidity.

tfw alcohol is my only friend.

When I hit puberty things went downhill.
>psychiatry
>school drop out
>no job
>no friends
>no gf
>depressed all day

A hero in the making

Some guys don't know how to drink. And they drink against the grain of the liquor. When you drink against the grain you lose.

Former Alcoholic here, try smoking.
Removed all my alcohol cravings when i became addicted to cigs.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Start by emptying all your bottles in a sink.

Look at the places you drink and avoid them. Look at the activities during which you drink and do something else instead.

I used to go to the pub after class on a Wednesday and drink 8 pints of beer over dinner there. So instead I joined a walking club. I noticed that most nights I would sit there and drink as I played video games, so I played less video games and read more.

If you break the habits around your drinking you will also break your drinking habit. It worked for me at least.

>school drop out
>no friends
>no gf
These are not real issues.
>replacing an addiction with a more harmful and expensive one

Wow, I didn't even know Antabuse existed. I'm not a drinker but I'm still surprised I haven't heard of it before.