Why is the final arc of Yu Yu Hakusho so... weird? It's not even BAD, it's just feels like a totally different anime

Why is the final arc of Yu Yu Hakusho so... weird? It's not even BAD, it's just feels like a totally different anime.

No Kuwabara

Basically Togashi was planning Games of Thrones with demons but he got stressed out so he cancelled the manga and improvised an ending

Really? It sure feels like it, out of the blue everyone is like YEAH, A TOURNAMENT IS A GREAT IDEA for no fucking reason.

Rushed ending? There was so much left in the air that it makes Bleach look good, too bad since the arc promised A LOT, I still dream in a world where Togashi drops HxH and continue with YYH.

>Togashi drops HxH and continue with YYH

Why everything is now game of thrones, these post should be baneable

Maybe they knew they were going to get fucked in not being able to develop the characters after that season.

This right here is the main reason. Kuwabara was the soul of the show.

Togashi likes to make all his arcs feel different than the last. First arc was a case by case adventure, second arc has more of an ongoing plot through a tournament with a bunch of fights(probably the most shounen like arc), third arc was a thriller dealing with many cynical themes, then the three kings arc was supposed to be a political one before he ended up rushing it. You get the pattern.

He even tries to have all the arcs in Hunter x Hunter feel different .

It should have ended after toguro in the Dark tournament.

It is Bad.

>It should have ended after toguro in the Dark tournament.
I agree

>these post should be baneable
For you.

ufnunny

He pretty clearly goes through a few different ideas on how to proceed and I guess he just didn't really enjoy any of them. I've always been disappointed he didn't return to the original spirit detective concept like he seems like he's going to for a single chapter right before the end. Would've been pretty cool to have Yuuske the god solving more low level problems.

I don't get Raizen's backstory. So he's supposed to be the strongest demon in history, and demons are stronger than humans. So how the hell did he get so injured in the human realm? Who hurt him to the point he needed a doctor?

Yes. Everything that came after was mediocre/frustrating, aside from the chapter black fights before Sensui ass pull hour.

small bombs

>So he's supposed to be the strongest demon in history
sez who?

His old demon friends that show up in the last arc.

Issues with the publishers was part of it and it got rushed. Even the manga wasn't great at ending.

It's sad really. Happens too often.

3 Kings had great premise and lots of the good things it would need; good characters, good set up (3 friends vs each other), etc.

Was supposed to end with Yusuke fighting Spirit World.

Tournament wasn't Togashi's idea, that's 100% clear.

>Makes Bleach look good
Let's not go too far.

Chapter Black is amazing though
Even the worst part with Yusuke's revival and becoming a demon was badass, albeit pretty stupid.
If the worst part is still so good, it's gotta be pretty damn good.
Sensui was a great villain.