ITT: Things you wish happen more in anime/manga

ITT: Things you wish happen more in anime/manga

I'll start
>A song references an earlier song in the anime, be it a borrowed part of the melody or just a phrase of lyrics

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subject_(music)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motif_(music)
youtube.com/watch?v=EO8EadQNIXU
youtube.com/watch?v=Pn7dCgtwX2c
youtube.com/watch?v=eqmBXDSfqis
youtube.com/watch?v=-04SOEkE54I
youtube.com/watch?v=sx8RWeaWp1Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>MC doesn't have cheat skills
>his party members are stronger than him
>harem members don't even like him
>he's NOT the chosen one
>MC actually has a personality and isn't "generically bland self-insert no. 562341: hardcore vanilla edition"
>series is will well-written and not just a bunch of cliché wish fulfillment tropes

>>harem members don't even like him
That's not what harem means, unless you mean to say it's somebody else's harem.

>Not Anime

>>harem members don't even like him
What.

>MC and love hook up early
>Rest of the series they're lovey-dovey

He is their owner, for example, and they detest him.

Engrish

>I yam de bohn oh my soad

When the hero gets the shit kicked out of him by the villain, he stays down for good due to serious bodily injuries instead of constantly getting back up

But then how would the villain got defeat?

So you want a villain MC?

>plot and universe setting is original
>characters are fundamentally likeable yet inherently flawed
>show sets expectations for its pacing in the first episode
>writers stop using 'parody' as a legitimate excuse for including overdone cliches
>death to all fucking tsunderes

there is no MC. instead there are multiple entities, usually hostile or antagonizing each other and the POV changes frequently.

there are many renowned works that pull this off amazingly and it results in more interesting characters + understanding/immersion to the lore/plot, it discourages designated heroes/villains (where mc's group are usually the heroes), it can be unpredictable but without requiring silly plot twists and it's something that is rarely done in anime and could really bring out some fresh content.

>a side character mans up and kills the villain in a creative way despite the MC not being able to beat him in a straight fight

>there are many renowned works that pull this off amazingly
Example? I can think of a few that do this, mainly stories about war, but they still have at least a few central characters for the readers to sympathize and root for them.

You called?

>MC actually has a personality and isn't "generically bland self-insert no. 562341: hardcore vanilla edition"
Explain further,i'm pretty interested to know what you actually mean

lost, romance of the 3 kingdoms, arguably got/asoiaf

>MC drew the battle with the antagonist
>They acknowledge each other's power and provisionally cooperate for their common interests
>Antagonist goes through character devlopment and become MC's best friend or even lover
Fuck, just thinking about it makes me feel excited and give me inspriation to continue my shitty novel

>childhood friend win

watch more anime and/or read more manga

Ping Pong the animation did that. It focuses on Tsukimoto a little more than others though.

>A song references an earlier song in the anime, be it a borrowed part of the melody or just a phrase of lyrics

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subject_(music)

or

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motif_(music)

Depending on the extent.

>important fight scene of a battle anime
>Song with lyrics starts playing

Don't know what it's called, but I was referring to how SnK OP2 has a small part of OP1 near the end of the full song.
youtube.com/watch?v=EO8EadQNIXU
youtube.com/watch?v=Pn7dCgtwX2c

And not anime, but Kamen Rider has this song
youtube.com/watch?v=eqmBXDSfqis
reuses some of the last lines of this song at the very end as a call back
youtube.com/watch?v=-04SOEkE54I

The only song I know that does that is Attack on TItan's second ED

There's plenty of stuff that uses musical motif: youtube.com/watch?v=sx8RWeaWp1Q off the top of my head.
Tengen Toppa gurren lagann.
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi has them too
So does Re:Zero IIRC
You can also hear it in Clannad, Kimi no Na Wa or Boku no Hero Academia's soundtracks in various degrees of use.
These are just from the top of my head.
It's a very common thing in Japanese anime to have things like image songs and leitmotif, you'll find these especially with drama ones or ones that really want to pull at your emotions, even video games like final fantasy IX or tactics A2 have them all over their soundtracks and come just at the right time to make an impact or be memorable.
And I fucking love that shit.

IF YOU WANNA SEE SOME ACTION

I'd watch something about a rich snob mistreating his servants to achieve his ultimate goal

More heroxvillian romance that doent "redeem" the villian and make him becomw good, or one that doesnt fail because "we are too different"

I mean, if there's no redemption, then how the hell would their romance work beyond being occasional fuckbuddies?
Either the hero is gonna fall by turning a blind eye or the villain is getting de-fanged, there's no two ways about that.
For it to work it requires some flexibility when it comes to morality, something Heroes and Villains often lack.
But I hear you, Hero/Villain pairings are GOAT.
Shame the only instance I remember comes from an hentai doujin I can't remember the name or artist of.

If we get really into the topic, the best is something like hero x anti-villian/hero, maybe both fight evil but in differents ways, hero is the typical beat the shit out of bad guys and give them to the police, the villian is a thief-assassin, but only target really nasty guys, sometimes even working with other villians to get a change to get close to their current target

That'd be nice.

Translation when?