What are Sup Forums's thoughts on this

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on this

JIBUN WO

complete train wreck of a show

shit

Has there been any other show that had such a 9/10 first season, only to regress into being hilariously bad in a charming way?

It was okay.

The Geass working on that dome thing whatever is literally a O MY RUBBER NEN tier ass pull. Why the fuck did Charles even die there? And why did he give the code to Lelouch?

The ending is 10/10 feelgood shit though. I love it

You're shit

>Decent first season with some pacing problems that ends in bullshit cliffhanger
>Second season spends 3/4 of its time being almost a remake of the first one, then tries to go full evangelion and fails completely
They are still extremely enjoyable, the only show that came close in being so bad and yet so good was guilty crown.

I hope third season gives us more Orange-kun doing awesome shit.

Is that a Naruto reference?

All Lulu needed was to accidentally say "Murder everyone you know and love" to his Black Knights. Because that's totally not contrived and uncharacteristically stupid.

R1 was good, R2 was trash

I still don't know, to this day. if the Euphie "Wooops, my geass casually remained active exactly as I said the worst thing possible!" scene was the best or the worst writing I've ever seen.

The memes were fire

Never forget.

Pretty good show.

Some stupid moments, but also some cool ones and otherwise I enjoyed it from start to finish.

This description is wrong though. The cliffhanger wasn't "BS" to be honest. In fact, it's a pretty good scene.

The second season only spent like 7 or 8 episodes on "remixed/remaked" material. I do think it would have been better to avoid that, but it wasn't like 3/4s of the same thing as you claim.

Not to mention itdoesn't go full Evangelion then though. In fact, only like two episodes of the whole show (15 and 21) are even remotely like Eva. And the point is that, unlike Eva, the story is not going to end on that note.

It doesn't fail completely after that either. If anything, it actually ends on a great note.

Guilty Crown never did that. It was boring, outside of the great threads, and the cast was annoying or boring most of the time too.

I do share your hopes for Orange-kun, despite not agreeing with your attitude or opinions.

Then you haven't really seen a lot of anime writing in your life. This case was convenient and contrived, but there was still foreshadowing. It was also set up that the Geass could get stronger and that Euphemia's plan was going to fail anyway.

The only good part about that anime is when Lelouch order Euphemia to kill the elevens. Everything else was expected and sometimes forced.

>I do share your hopes for Orange-kun, despite not agreeing with your attitude or opinions.
You do have to consider it's been ages since I saw the series and I am already planning on a rewatch. I really mostly remember memes and opinions I had almot a decade ago, I changed a lot since then so I think rewatching it might prove a very interesting experience.

If anything, getting to experience some robot-action that's not in terrible 3D will be nice.

Sure, it was foreshadowed, it's just that it was oddly convenient. Zero saying that sentence made little sense (he could've said something stupid like "Oh I could turn you into a cat if I wanted ahah!" since the conversation was pretty chill), to me it always felt contrived and forced.

Great. I love that bird they have in their eyes. My favorite character. 10/10.

>Zero saying that sentence made little sense
No, not really. People often say the most extreme things when they're giving examples. I know I do. I'm sure you've heard many such things too. "If X told you to die, would you" is just a classic at this point. In that situation, killing elevens was the most unlikely thing Euphie could do, so Lelouch used that as an example.

I give that scene as much shit as anyone, because the timing of Geass activation was too perfect and convenient for the plot. They could've set it up better, by having Lulu suspect something was off or having his eye hurt or feel good. Just anything that could suggest it didn't happen in that very moment, but started happening a while ago, and it only affected Euphie because he took his helmet off.

>by having Lulu suspect something was off or having his eye hurt or feel good. Just anything that could suggest it didn't happen in that very moment
Earlier in the same episode he defends some guy being beaten and his geass almost activated unconsciously and he almost ordered them all to kill themselves in the spot.

We are anti mindrape.

It was a mess all around.
Still one of my favorite animus

It was a train carrying cars that spilled open when it became a glorious trainwreck, and flaming dumpsters came flying out of the wreckage.

overrated fujoshit

OP meant power of geass, everybody is missing the point.

who wouldn't want convenient geass that can give absolute order to anyone.

overrated second season was shit and mystic eyes ripoff

gundam seed destiny

every geass is different

While season 1 was obiously better in terms of quality. I enjoyed season 2 more.