yes

Sounds pretty stupid

Maybe.

>why is she being nice to others and not only me
>I hate girls now

>people are nice to me only when they want something
why should I not hate them?

Definitely

He's saying it's not sincere, and that it means nothing in reality because they're nice to everyone.

8man x iroha otp

fuck off cancer

MUH GENUINE

That's because he is self-centered and selfish. He is unable te genuinely care for a large number of people so he thinks everyone else must be faking it. He also ungratefull and doesn't appreciate goodwill of others because it's not displayed in the way he wants it. He blames other people for "giving him false hope" because he places himself in the center of the picture, not considering the effort and will it took to approach him. Sheltering himself to avoid being hurt without considering that he is hurting others. Some people are better at being social and communicative than others, but it's still hard and requires effort. He just gives up, because he thinks he has an unfair advantage.

Literally me, picked up.

He very clearly says he believes it to be fake. Hating disingenuous people isn't so bad.

Intelligent, nihilistic, and has a wicked sense of humor

I blame the sore aru girl for this

>not considering the effort and will it took to approach him
It takes the same amount of effort and will to approach Chad. So if a girl approaches Chad with the intent of giving him a blowjob, and me with the intent of copying my homework, she's obviously a slut and it's obviously right to call her out on it.

>not knowing about body language
Chad makes himself available. You shut yourself in.

Are we talking about you or Hachiman here? I don't remember Yui sucking dicks or copying Hachiman's homework, I could be wrong I didn't read the LN.
>copying my homework
if you're underage you shouldn't be here

>he fell for the Yahari meme
wew lad.

Not at all. Chad puts himself on a pedestal. He´s just as unapproachable as me, but the girl will still risk rejection and go after him because he's valuable. In order to have access to that value, she will allow Chad access to the value that she herself holds.

That's what the OP was all about, and this user said better than me. People approach you when they want something from you - but whether they'll give you something in exchange for that, depends on whether you're capable of forcing them to. So it's only rational to be cautious with people.

typical idol fan mentality

8man has a point but in the series it is shown to be wrong and that he is just an autist. The "nice girl" is actually 100% in love with him and the only ulterior motive she has is to be his girlfriend. It really shits on his point even if 8man isn't wrong about manipulative bitches.

>I don't remember Yui sucking dicks or copying Hachiman's homework, I could be wrong I didn't read the LN.
She doesn't in any capacity.

>He´s just as unapproachable as me,
Wrong. I know from personal experience. Even popular guys can be unapproachable (and thus not get approached). The ones that have relationships with girls are the ones that signal availability.

>all this people missing the point
Read OMK faggots. OP's quote literally applies there.

You sound like an open-minded and altruistic person, user.

That was just an example, user. I haven't had homework in almost 15 years.

>>why does she sleep with others and not only me
>>I hate sluts now

>being nice and fucking are the same thing

>not considering the effort and will it took to approach him.
For nice people that's effortless though. It's natural to them.

Only when they are approaching other nice people.

I don't wanna be a dick, but if you're using homework as a point of reference 15 years later that hints to problems other than social interaction. There are plenty of people that are manipulative and awful. But assuming that for everyone, especially those who you barely know, like Hachiman did for Yui is just plain selfish.

>wanting to be in a romantic relationship with someone and wanting them to be nice to you are the same thing

Why did after season 1 this anime went to shit?

But "nice people" is something you label on others and assume their personality on that. There are groups of people that youi fit better around and feel more confortable and others where you just can't fit in. I've had different people call me both a fucking sperg and one of the popular ones, which is fucking ridiculous, because they saw me in different circumstances and compared me to themselves. There probaly are a lot of people like you described, but most are not.

All I was saying is that you can't tell, just from looking at people's faces, who is manipulative and who isn't. If you assume the worst, you'll never be negatively surprised, only positively.

Does that have the effect of shutting you in? Yes. Does it make it more troublesome for people to get through to you? Yes. My point is that it is troublesome to get to people in general, but when people really want to meet someone, they make it happen. When they don't really want to meet you, just copy your homework - that lousy example was all I could think of -, they make a half-assed effort, just enough to get what they want from you without having to give you a lot. I understand that that's not what happens in the anime in question, I was just making an extended comment, if you will.

>If you assume the worst, you'll never be negatively surprised, only positively.
You will not be surprised, but your end result will still be worse.
If you expect the worst of people, they will subconsciously recognize that and change the way they deal with you.
>when people really want to meet someone,
It's probably not somebody like you, because you are signaling on all wavelengths that you distrust them and would rather not deal with them.
You are making them come to you for homework, and to somebody else for relationships.

This. While I'm not a looker or anything I know a lot of people that are either a lot shorter, fatter, uglier or all three that are in happy relationships. And I also knew a several guys who got fit as fuck and remained single because they were still the same weirdos as always.

>You are making them come to you for homework, and to somebody else for relationships.
Kek. So people are basically robots controlled by my behaviour, with no will or mind or baggage or prejudices or values or expectations or experiences or history of their own whatsoever?

>This other human being is initiating social interaction with me. Surely that must mean they want to bare my children immediately!

I'm not sure how you got that, or why.

Who are you quoting?

You literally said I'm making people behave this or that way with my attitude. I'm of the belief that people behave according to their own brains.

>I'm making people behave this or that way with my attitude.
People respond to stimuli. There are huge segments of the brain dedicated to interpreting other humans.
>their own brains.
Indeed. Their own brains are working on figuring out what would be the most sensible way of dealing with you.

It's like punching somebody and being surprised they become hostile to you.

I get what you're trying to say but
>when people really want to meet someone, they make it happen
If you make youself unlikable, nobody will see a reason to meet you. Other people will also assume the worst and lay hopes in what good they see in you, that's why you need to display those qualities upfront and work on improving other things. You can only find out who is manipulative and who isn't once you meet then, and meeting other people will help you recognize manipulative ones easier. That where the some people have it easier comes from, experience and effort. Like I said, some people have a headstart, but that doesn't mean you should give up, because doing so will only make you lag behind more

Except I'm not punching anybody. I'm just expecting that, if you want something from me, you must be ready to give something of more or less the same value in exchange, like every normal person does. "Being nice" is often an attempt to get something from nothing. If you wanted to trade fairly, there'd be no need to "be nice." Your fairness would be nice enough.

>Except I'm not punching anybody.
It's almost like the word "like" means "it's not that, but it's comparable to it".
>I'm just expecting that,
>there'd be no need to "be nice."
You have a basic attitude. This attitude is visible through your actions, your facial expressions, your speech and body language.
People interpret that and then their subconsciousness tells them: This guy would not make a great friend/boyfriend.

Ok, but doesn't it work the other way around as well? Why am I the one who must be nice upfront to make the other person comfortabe with me, instead of her being nice upfront to make me comfortable with her, specially if she's the one who wants something from me in the first place?

>Why am I the one who must be nice upfront
Communication starts way earlier than you think. It starts from the first eye contact. People drop their niceness level relatively quickly when they see somebody they feel won't make for a pleasant experience - before even the first word has been said.

What's even worse is blogging like a fucking faggot

/thread

In other words, people make assumptions about me. But when they do, those are an accurate assessmen of what a good friend I may or may not be. When I make assumptions about them, mine are not valid for whatever reason.

The whole thing still sounds to me like I have some sort of duty towards other people that they don't have towards me, which is ridiculous. In the world I live in, everyone is at least as cautious as I am. Which doesn't stop them from demanding that I let my guard, all the while they do nothing to drop theirs, of course.

>those are an accurate assessmen
No, they are an assessment based on what information about yourself you have made available to them. You might make a great friend, but so long as you are only signaling the opposite, nobody will ever know.

>He is unable te genuinely care for a large number of people so he thinks everyone else must be faking it

this is true though. 90% of the people who reach out like that aren't actually "nice people," they're just being selfish because they think there is something to gain from communicating with you. Only a very small percentage of people actually approach a quiet person like 8man with honest intentions. Also, keep in mine these are highschoolers.

> He also ungratefull and doesn't appreciate goodwill of others because it's not displayed in the way he wants it

this you might be right about

>He blames other people for "giving him false hope" because he places himself in the center of the picture, not considering the effort and will it took to approach him

again, first point. these people come off to him as superficial, and he's probably right to assume that. at the very least, I think it is reasonable for him to be jaded. those people often cause him far more distress than he ever causes them by being cold.

>heltering himself to avoid being hurt without considering that he is hurting others. Some people are better at being social and communicative than others, but it's still hard and requires effort. He just gives up, because he thinks he has an unfair advantage.

don't know what you mean by unfair advantage, but the part about hurting others is bullshit. he tries his best to not hurt others generally, and while he is cold towards his friends at times, that's part of the show.

8man's point is that he has no reason to trust these people who give out kindness to everyone without sincerity. that person's kindness means nothing, and for someone like him who is analytical and sees it for what it is, it's depressing and ends up just hurting him. And he's justified in feeling that way, although there are better ways for him to handle it.

Yui too good for him.

But they do, and hten you just assume they want to use you without making sure if that's the case, you said it yourself assuming I'm not talking with several different people. Like that other user said this is just becoming a blog thread so we should stop this

Ok, but what if the reason why I'm signalling that I "may not be a good friend" is my reaction to THEIR signalling they may not be a good friend? "Being nice" isn't automatically a good thing. An used car or snake oil salesman will be super nice to you. I don't have to prove myself trustworthy or a good potential friend any more or less than the other person has to prove herself.

This sounds like the low point of anime

>without making sure if that's the case
Now that's your own assumption.

But I get what you and the other user are saying about blogging, so I'm done here.

I'm not saying that selecting your friends is wrong. When you think somebody in particular is probably a bad person then don't hang out with them and don't try to make friends.
But if your bad-people alarm goes off with every person, then it needs some recalibration.

hola

>kindness to everyone without sincerity. that person's kindness means nothing
Why does trying to be kind to everyone mean insincerity. Why can't you just genuinly want to be nice to other people. Again, how could he know she isn't being sincere he barely knows her, and for someone analitical it sure took him a while to figure out how she feels towards him

fuck, meant for

H'es not justified in feeling that way. People being kind to each other is simple empathetic courtesy, and most people just sort of feel calm and cooperative with others as a baseline. That's it.

When you get deep as fuck into trying to psycho-analyze the nature of mankind as it pertains to your own individual personality malus, fucking OBVIOUSLY you're the one attempting to project your own values on to others, trying to explain away your own bitterness.

You know what I did when the guy in the apartment next to me was moving yesterday in a an armchair yesterday? I asked him if he needed help, and then I helped him wedge it through his door.

Why did I help him? Because I saw him huffing and puffing and decided that since I wouldn't like to be in that position, I should alleviate it when I see it. You can fly off the nihilism handle and start making broad ass assertions about inherent selfishness as if I had some kind manipulative goal in mind, but at the end of the day that's just you and 8man being bitter as fuck.

The show is mainly about him being overly self conscious. This was more like showing the worst part of him or something. Exposing the problem.

I thought we had agreed to stop the blogging

This thread is a blog thread. It will continue to be a blog thread until people get bored and leave or the thread is deleted.
I don't like it. But that's just the nature of it.

I haven't really watched the show but nothing in OP implies that he thinks people are nice for selfish reasons.
>People being kind to each other is simple empathetic courtesy, and most people just sort of feel calm and cooperative with others as a baseline.
Baseline is the key work. 8man makes that point. Nice people are nice to everyone. You didn't help that guy because you want to be his best friend or because you want to date him.

No, he draws his whole philoshpy out of an assumption that either flat out wrong, or is right by chance but is only worth of contempt because that person shows more kindness than he will ever be able to, so he rather confronts that person with contempt, makes him rather look like he is just jealous.

good one sausage

>when it comes to losing I am the strongest
Did Nasu write this?

That boy is too pessimistic

Nothing wrong with assumptions though. A person will never fully understand another person's psyche no matter how hard they try. And just as he cannot comprehend the reason why is she being nice to him she cannot comprehend why he is avoiding her.

In his case (and in the majority of others) it's just being realistic.

Imagine being so fucking deranged as to interpret politeness as expressing romantic interest.

>what is every anime fan ever
So you're saying this board is filled with the mentally ill?

>muh genuine

Correct.
Everyday, I come to understand just how pathetic Sup Forums really is.

Well, there are only two people on Sup Forums - you and I - so you must be mentally ill to roleplay so much.

How bad is it if I don't remember writing any post in this thread?

Welcome, you are.

Imagine being so fucking deranged as hoping that people would express any interest in you that goes beyond politeness.

>Nice people are nice to everyone. You didn't help that guy because you want to be his best friend or because you want to date him.
Not that user. This is the problem when talking with pessimist, wouldn't his act of kindness be even more pure because he has no ulterior motives other than helping him, and next you will say that he did it to make himself feel better. The purity you seek in people's actions doesn't exist, black and white morality will lead you nowhere, we live in a shitty world where you can't turn on the news withoout witnessing murder, rape, war, human trafficing etc. Appreciating small act of human kindness isn't deluding yourself, it's giving praise to what little good is left.

What is genuine?

Women are two-faced cunts, therefore you should hate them. It's obvious.

Imagine being so fucking deranged as to imagine that people would even want to talk to you.

Is this the /r9k/ normalfags blogging thread?

>bare

No just normalfags blogging thread.

>A person will never fully understand another person's psyche no matter how hard they try.
I agree, though this guy didn't even try to understand. I just made up some houserules and blieve every sing person act like that and therefore acts nothing but with predjudice.

So the fault is in the guy thinking a grill has feelings for him? Way the go normalfags. Way to pin every issue to the least social person as it fits you normalfag status very well.

This is a board for distinguished gentlemen with healthy social lives. Go back to

>this is a board for normalfags

Yeah no.

You mean /soc/ dumb yuiposter.

No, no. You don't get it. It's the guy's fault that he think he might have feelings for the girl and that it is alright to hold and express them and probably expect some sort of constructive feedback. There are people as disgusting and presumptuous as that! Can you imagine.

>reading comprehension

So he's not allowed to have those feelings in the first place? Gotcha.

>forever alone thread
is this 2009? a own board was created for this shit

also this insecure faggot should man up and stop being overly self conscious. it's almost as stupid as you virgins being pedophiles because you're too insecure to be with a woman