META THREAD APPROVED BY OWNER OF SITE

Lads, how do we fix Sup Forums? Evidently the guidelines in the new sticky are not the answer.

Top three suggestions from the last thread:

Make a cookie that is required to post on Sup Forums (e.g. if you don't have this cookie/cookie is too new, you cannot post on Sup Forums) that tracks board posts. If a poster has posted on a board outside of /diy/ or Sup Forums in the last, say, hour, make the system automatically and silently ban them. This will allow one to lurk other boards, but not post on them if they wish to post on Sup Forums, and thus improve quality of Sup Forums since many will not be able to adhere. This will ban the likes of OP, since he's likely posting on other boards right now, and if he clears the cookie, he would be marked as "new" and unable to post on Sup Forums for a while.

I don't understand why the mods don't just put the image hash into the filter and automatically ban any OP using it.

Fuck off and die already with this meta thread nonsense.

>1. Have the range of threads be the same as on every other board.
Sup Forums is the only board where every single thread has to be about a specific anime/manga or character that you can name. Threads about the anime/manga industry, anime or manga in general, genres, tropes, how we watch anime or read manga, board culture, tangentially related irl topics (encounters with Sup Forumsnons irl), original content creation threads, anime/manga laws and so forth. A similar range of topics is allowed on other topical boards I've lurked, such as /k/, /ck/, /out/, Sup Forums and Sup Forums, to name a few. Why is Sup Forums the only board where no fun is allowed? IMO, it has really killed the board in the last several years.

>2. Ban the moralizing complainers.
People can derail an entire thread if someone posts a sadfrog meme - or for any reason. It doesn't matter that sadfrog started on Sup Forums. Because the news says that it's a white supremacist meme now, people associate it with Sup Forums only, and will totally shit up a thread, whereas the person posting the sadfrog would have otherwise posted that and fucked off normally. It's the people complaining about a thread topic that are seriously shitting up this board these days. All these people shit up threads without contributing a single thing. They are just upset and trying to shit up the thread in their anger. That shouldn't be allowed.

The problem is made worse when these people become janitors and about a minute after they start threatening the "off-topic" poster with a ban, the "offending" post gets deleted. That can't happen unless the jani is already posting in the thread - and that shouldn't be allowed either.

In regards to Sup Forums shunning "generalfags" over any sort of negative assumptions with generals, I have to say this is completely false.

Sup Forums culture as a whole respects threads with community and structure, and as such any general will look far more favorable than that of of a weak, unorganized thread struggling with even the basics of community and post frequency. Especially when given the choice between a catalog of generals, or a catalog full of threads that nobody recognizes and cares about.

Once word gets out that the majority of Sup Forums actually favors generals, Sup Forums as a whole will undoubtedly prefer generals to the alternative. In fact, the "generalfag" is respected and renowned throughout imageboard culture so much that various generals and topics are viewed favorably and respected despite being generals. For example, unlike the average thread that dies at 100 posts, /dbg/ is actually treated with respect and viewed as an honorary sticky by the mods and janitors. It's commonly referred to as "くそったれ", which directly translates to "One With Us", "Us" referring to Sup Forums and its culture.

Those are the facts. Too bad, I suppose, but anti-general posters had a good run.

Why blogging thread that are discussing 3DPD shit are not getting deleted?

You don't understand because you are under the mistaken assumption that these threads are against the rules. They are not.

Because it's in that unfortunate gray zone where Hiro posted it so they just have to turn a blind eye to these shitpost containment.

This is the most pathetic thing I've read all day.

>edit pixel
>hash changes

Nice pasta. Fuck off with your cancer.

Public ban when?
Why are mods such a faggots?

>implying Chinese moot enforces any of his rules
>implying Sup Forums has not fallen into the age of petty kings

Fuck off cancer.

Repeating digits.

This would probably work but it's extremely autistic and would make the board a ghost town

It would be better to just ban people who spread shit memes from other boards here

DRAW YOUR LAST PATHETIC CARD SO I CAN END THIS YUGI.

Why is this happening again? You did the same shit last year with your meta thread spamming and nothing came out of it.

Maybe its time to accept the fact that Sup Forums is dead and the internet will forever be shit because of social media cancer.

just return general threads and ban posters that should be banned

if generals want to have fun in their thread what is wrong with that? if no rules are being broken then its literally just "get rid of things that i dont like" and we all know thats complete bullshit

>くそったれ

my father's deck has no pathet-

It's less work for the lazy cowards to just toss autosage on. They can then count on people never seeing threads that move past the first page.

Sup Forums is diseased, rotten to the core. There is no saving it.
We need to pull it out by the roots. Wipe the slate clean. Burn it down! And from the ashes a new Sup Forums will be born, evolved but untamed.

>Restrict people who can post based on amount of time they've known about the site
That's not what Sup Forums is about, make your own site for elitism.

Making the a show title the subject of a thread is a huge red flag. It's only acceptable for a show that finished a long time ago and doesn't get discussed much. If it's airing or being published then all discussion for it shouldn't be contained in one thread. That's the definition of a general, not the back linking. If there's a new episode or chapter and you want to make a thread to talk about that, make the subject say something like "HxH Chapter 367" or "OP Spoilers out" so that it's clear they are dicussions about new content and not dedicated shit posting. If there isn't a new episode or chapter and you want to talk about a current series either make the specific thing you want to dicuss you subject, like a character or a question/dicussion point, or leave the subject out of it and just post the dicussion point in the OP.

The idea of getting rid of generals is that we want to prevent people using ctrl+F on the cataloge to find their hugbox. People need to engage and browse the rest of the board too. And if you only want to watch DBS and don't have interest in other anime or the rest of the board then maybe Sup Forums isn't the best place for you.

>That's not what Sup Forums is about, make your own site for elitism.
Elitism IS at the core of Sup Forums, man.

>That's not what Sup Forums is about
Says you and what army?
>make your own site for elitism.
How about you make your own site. or fuck off?

>People need to engage and browse the rest of the board too.
How many threads do you have open at the moment? What percentage of them have you made any positive contribution to?

Banning traditions such as "It's time", or repeating posts such as: Oda where my nigga zoro at, barfing elf in fat elf threads, gappy makes me happy in jojo threads, I will continue to post this fish till you like it, and so on kills thread culture. It feels like Mods are green as hell and have no clue about Sup Forums or its culture. What happens if Sup Forums comes to steal our lifepoints again, will the mods nuke that thread? In addition, what is the stigma with crossboarding? So long as a poster posts Sup Forums related material crossboarding shouldn't be an issue, also material that happens to be Sup Forums and /k/ or Sup Forums and /fit/ etc. should be allowed on Sup Forums so long as the OP stays on Sup Forums related material.

Just add "/anime" at the end of each board title, problem solved.

>shitposting

define this

>we want to prevent people from hug boxing

define this

>people "need" to post in other threads

why?

You don't know what crossboarding means.

meta threads were always cancer regardless of what that imposter "allows". just face it, you desperately want to discuss something other than anime and manga on the anime and manga board.

>They are not.

But Sup Forums has long since used up their "one(1) thread" ages ago.

I hear what you're saying, but Sup Forums simply isn't elitist like it used to be. It's still there somewhat, but things like Naruto/Bleach are allowed to be discussed here with no backlash now, and I think I even see shipper threads occasionally. Back when I first started posting here it was very difficult to have "Big 3" threads and the like. Such users were told to gb2gaia, imagespam, etc. I suppose the lack of such backlash is an improvement in some respects, but as a result the quality of threads goes down as well. Also, recommendation threads are much more common now and that stuff just didn't fly in much earlier years. There are plenty of sites that are literally dedicated to recommending people animu, so there's no need to do it here. That is definitely one of the things that will bring Sup Forums down, or any further than it "can" go I suppose.

Fuck off. The thread is topical because a mod posted a new sticky yesterday with a host of new "rules."

Mods are allowed to dictate arbitrary new "rules" and close their sticky to all further discussion, but we aren't allowed to have our say?? That's fucked up.

Personally, I don't leave tabs open waiting for (You)s. I hope back and fourth between them. I think there are about 4 active threads I've posted in, whether those posts were "positive" is subjective..

>shitposting
Image dumping, copy pasta memeing, attention whoring etc. All the things that create unique "communities" around specific shows. When you have general culture that's seperate from board culture people who watch a show but don't want to be plugged into that bullshit drama 24/7 no longer have a place to discuss it because the threads become polluted with people more concerned about spamming their waifu or forcing headcanons on every one than legitimate discussion, and it drives others away.

It's also valuable to spread out the discussion over time. In generals when a new chapter is out the discussion is over in an hour or two and then everything returns to cancer status quo. Without generals people can make seperate threads to talk about different aspects of the chapter.

>people "need" to post in other threads
Because Sup Forums is an image board for fans of the medium as a whole. Anons who watch more than just DB will have a better perspecitve on anime and that promotes better discussion. If you want to talk about only dragon ball all day long than reddit is probably more your speed.

public ban the spoonfeeders
I even crop out the title or author name if it's in the page and there's always a fucker who spills the beans

Asking for source can derail a good thread, but doing shit like this
>I even crop out the title or author name if it's in the page and there's always a fucker who spills the beans
Is literally inviting your thread to be derailed by people asking for source, and should be banned as well.

FUCK OFF SAUCEFAG

>but we aren't allowed to have our say??
This isn't a fucking democracy you retard.

>Sup Forums mods

What a joke.

Saucefag, die.

>we aren't allowed to have our say
Sup Forums is not a republic or democracy. it is a website with rules that get put into place. Meta threads have always been cancer.

>I even crop out the title or author name if it's in the page
I hate spoonfeeders too, but why would you do this? The reason we hate spoonfeeders isn't because we want to spite people who don't know as much about anime as we do, but because they refuse to use the tools at their disposal to figure out sauce on their own and want us to be google for them. If you go out of your way to get rid of the tools they can use then of course you're making the problem worse.

>Evidently the guidelines in the new sticky are not the answer
Mods think it is and they put this in autosage anyway

I'm not a saucefag, but I refuse to post in a thread where somebody does this in the OP because I know what will happen in the thread.

Sure. And the reason Sup Forums is a viable website to advertise on is because of the userbase. If you piss off the userbase and make them go to another website, then good luck making your ad money.

I'm always sure to edit just enough to alter the hash

Well than fuck off and see Sup Forums crumble, watch it waste away when only you and other shitposters are gone.

you are delusional, this modern age has given you a false sense of power over the providers. you wont leave even if the rules change, and even if you did it's a drop in the ocean. Fuck off with your Meta cancer

you Sup Forumsutist need to realize you wont be getting your board back after GG, fappening and Sup Forums

Pasta or not, I've found myself actually agreeing.

This is really autistic, user

>Elitism IS at the core of Sup Forums, man
being an excuse of a human being isnt what I'd call elitism

Gotta give some credits to the mod because I would've deleted every single one of your thread and banned your ass a long time ago if I were one.

> Using Sup Forums is a privilege, not a right

Perhaps your view of what it means to be a human being is the problem.

I want Sup Forums to die.

s/a/fe-space

Aw, you are such a little fashist.

>image dumps pasta and whoring attention

getting rid of generals doesnt get rid if the posters that do this.

>its valuable to spread out discussion over time

this is not an issue. Sup Forums has millions of users, all that post at different times. no matter what people are going to have spread out discussion because of different timezones and lifestyles

>anons who watch more than db will have better discussions

this is not a fact, neither is it a fact that dbfags only post in db threads. if threads about obscure seasonal anime are worthy of being posted in it will happen naturally, not by force through the banning of generals

Remove girl thread to /c/ and
Make /ag/ anime general

>muh crossboarder boogeyman
fuck off