Anyone going to see this...

Anyone going to see this? Is it worth watching or is it yet another reminder about how Japan hasn't moved on from the nukes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MDaiQ9n5wEM?t=423
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_Soldiers_(film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_(2017_film)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's pretty good. It's not really just nip propaganda because it actually shows American soldiers being a fairly decent people and some Japanese soldiers being cunts. That being said, I'm not sure how this movie managed to do so well in Japan because it's very slow and doesn't exactly have mainstream appeal. It's just a slow paced movie about a civilian woman living through wartime Japan. I did enjoy it but it'd be hard for me to watch it again.

That's kind of the point of the nukes that you don't simply move on from them.

This movie was awesome, i saw it yesterday. I was surprised with how comfy the film was, what with it being about a horrific time in japanese history. The backgrounds were definitely my favorite part, having that lush, painting like feel to them

another fucking generic ass anime war is hell movie can this shitty fucking meme die already

Yes, you do. Look at modern Japan. They have all but moved on from the damage of the nukes except for symbolic and personal damages.

> except for symbolic and personal damages
And the "symbolic" part will survive basically as long as the state of Japan stands, or at least until it'll be drown in records of historic events of similar magnitude.

Symbolic damages are not significant. Where are all the movies about 9/11 in 2017?

Deaths in 9/11: 2500 Two buildings
Fucking nukes: 200,000 Two fucking cities and some towns

You cant compare asshole

Definitely watch it.

One American life is worth at least eighty times more than a subhuman yellow Nip so you can compare

Thanks OP for making me check and realizing it's screening again in Mexico. I had already watched it when it screened months ago and I definitely want to watch it again. Does anyone know if it will release on BD here? I know Koe no Katachi is but that's being distributed by Konnichiwa Festival, and as far as I know, this is being distributed by Media Arcade.

One sweaty Japanese has creative output of a hundred murricunts.

The world was glad when shitty muricans died

Im gonna go see it today cinemex is screening it, its not konichiwa as far as i know

Oh they are, and the absence of movies or of any kind of socially acceptable discussion that is not exaggeratedly solemn speaks volumes about how buttdevastated you shits still are.

Choke on a burger

NEVER FORGET TO BUY REMEMBRANCE COLA

had to be dropped

youtu.be/MDaiQ9n5wEM?t=423

It's pretty comfy and not preachy. It's a pretty matter-of-fact wartime Japan story about a girl.

Sure thing weeb.

Fuck off Sup Forums

>Where are all the movies about 9/11 in 2017?
Soon in theaters.

>absence of content implies presence of anger
You have that backwards, gook. Japan making movie after movie, both animated and live action, about the bombs only serves to show how absolutely asspained they are at their own helplessness.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_Soldiers_(film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_(2017_film)
it's time to forget

=The two nukes were more significant, devastating and infamous than almost anything which has happened to the US. Besides your own countries origins, you have never, ever been attacked sans Pearl Harbour and that was miniscule. 9/11 was so blown out of proportion, it tricked the rest of the world some ME country had nukes or WMD.

Japan has a reason to feel loss and tragedy over the nukes. Same way many Germans feel bad about the holocaust. The US has never suffered anything remotely close except losing 2 buildings and 2.5k civilians which in the broad scale of things, was nothing in comparison.

Also the concept of paying respects for the people who died.

You can, both events caused dramatic shifts in geopolitical powers.

I'm mean, their attitude towards the Koreans and Chinese is pretty much:

>What is Nanking, pleasure women are lies, Korea should be grateful for years of oppression. We already said "Yeah... sorry" for war crimes and opression, so why you still upset? Move on gooks, lol. Stop being butthurt babies.

Yet the Japanese continually harp on about how much they suffered during the war. It's kind of hypocritical.

Didn't Anno say it was shit? So I'm gonna parrot what he says because he's god.

its great but super slow

I loved how portrayed the lives of regular people while war happen and how they just wanted to reach the end of the day and manage to survive

its somewhat far from the average mainstream movies about the topic

You mean the same guy that has Ideon as his favourite anime? Sure.

He didn't say it was shit, he just said he wanted to strangle Suzu for being so passive.

The ending scene with the orphan nearly brought me to tears in the theater. It was worth the drive, and I would say it's one of my favorite anime films.

that scene did it for me too, specially when they bring her home and Keiko brings out Harumi's clothes to give to her