>that animation quality
>that voice acting quality
>no well known directors
>shitty OST

>Cherrypicking

I actually like the artstyle more

You are very stupid.

It wasn't. Urusei Yatsura is a genuine masterpiece though

The only people who make judgments about entire decades like this have seen maybe 10 anime at most from them

anime was never fun

fuck off, you're not funny

>you were never a child in 70s-90s Japan to experience all the good anime as it aired and have zero worries due to the Economic Miracle.

>not watching anime on VHS

no you

not watching japanimation on betamax

weak bait
youtube.com/watch?v=KvVk7Zb8Imk

That's one of the best anime from that decade
I honestly think the medium hasn't been that good since the turn of the century, 2007/2008 is when everything to started to get weird though, it just wasn't the same after Haruhi

I'm talking about the 80s. Not the exception

The animation was limited, and the technology was not good for bouncing breasts, and Moe's pedophiles were being sexually abused at the time, the only way to succeed was by being good

Anime it's not about fun right now, it's about sales and absorbing crummy neet income

>and the technology was not good for bouncing breasts

nigger do you even Aim for the Top

you sure?

77% sure

>aiming for the top
>not for the ace

It was always about sales though. You just don't have to wane through the dozens of cheap knock-offs because no one is subbing them.

literally this

You just have bad taste.

Modern anime is unwatchable for me. The digital coloring is so FLAT. It doesn't help that the male characters in particular are always floppy haired cardboard cutouts so loser teenagers can self-insert properly. I will always prefer shows that at least look like something, even if it's not necessarily pretty.

>The digital coloring is so FLAT
I assume you own and watch all your anime on an AMOLED screen otherwise I don't want to hear anything about coloring being 'flat'

so sad...

Put some effort into your posts please.

Ah yes, I love my J9 doing as they please.
>Form a group of vigilantes because crime in the solar system got too bad
>Only spring into action when you can actually pay them
>Tough luck if you can't pay
>Literally not giving a shit who about any laws and morals as long as they complete their mission if you can pay them
>They have a fun time, joking around and teasing with each other during missions

I miss such characters.
Who can feel truly ruthless by not hesitating a moment in literally crushing villains begging for their lives with a giant mecha yet without being edgy in the slightest.

Plus, Omachi is highly fuckable even after 36 years since it aired.

My bad, I posted in the wrong place.

This is complete fantasy along with virtually everything that the anime community believes about anime.

Digital coloring is a meme. You are complaining about it because you saw someone else complain about it. Self-insertion is a meme too. It's projection by Westerners. Westerners need to self-insert, but can't admit it.

Was he correct?

Fuck you. I've seen thousands of anime, and the 80's are easily my favorite decade.

Wings is overrated as fuck

Why doesn't he reddit-space more?

Care to prove it?

What isn't.

Somehow I find that very hard to believe

>You are complaining about it because you saw someone else complain about it
You think this way because ?
>Self-insertion is a meme too. It's projection by Westerners. Westerners need to self-insert, but can't admit it
You're contradicting yourself, you admitted that self-insertion is real and hence supported my point

>I've heard this before, must be a meme
Hand-painted film cells are no meme. They are more detailed, involve more craftsmanship, and have warmer and more detailed coloring. Just because you're ignorant, doesn't mean everyone is.

Is there a point In Urusei Yatsura that it "clicks"? I watched around 6 episodes are it isn't as good as I expected.

Sup Forums's answer to every argument.

>You think this way because ?
Because the difference between digital and traditional painting is blown way out of proportion and frequently misunderstood. It's a meme complaint like everything else.

>You're contradicting yourself, you admitted that self-insertion is real and hence supported my point
I said Westerners need to self-insert and project that need onto the Japanese because they can't admit it.

Here you go, faggots.

No, it was shit

>t. seen less than 200 anime

Why? Modern LED tvs are infinitely better and a lot cheaper.

You should go hang out on /vr/ and drop that knowledge on them.

>mal
it all makes sense now

>dropped so little
A red flag. It shows you only care about completing rather than dropping something you don't enjoy.

okay

Awww, did babby wun out of awguments?

MAL pads these numbers too much by counting every season, extra episode and special.

>only care about completing
Or I just like anime. Either way, you're not impressing anyone, and you need to watch more. You're basically just showing how insecure you are, because someone who's more knowledgeable about your hobby disagrees with you.

I thought it was just making a quote that says reddit.

>I just like anime
As I said. If you did you would have dropped way more than your list shows.

And? It's still easily over 1000, if you only include franchises.

that's nothing, baby

>If you did you would have dropped more
>If you liked anime, you'd watch less
>this is how normalfags think
Like I said, no one's impressed by your pseudo-elitism. Watch more.

ITT: Newfags who've only seen 5 shows argue with autists who haven't done anything but watch anime for the last decade.

Nope. That's just the truth. Quality > Quantity

Not him, but you're just wrong. That's a shit ton more anime, than 99% of Sup Forums will ever watch. There was a poll that used to get posted all the time, and most people who post here have seen less than 100 shows.

>using Sup Forums as a standard for what's a lot of anime seen
kek

Well then you shouldn't be watcching anime anyways, because any random book is going to have better writing, and any American theatrical cartoon from the 30s-60s is going to have better animation. If you're watching anime for "quality" or intellectual stimulation, you're deluding yourself.

>any American theatrical cartoon from the 30s-60s is going to have better animation
Animation quality is not measured by frames per second. Anime is the best animation in the world.

Who's standard are you using then? How is over 1000 anime "nothing"? How much is a good amount?

not him but this is flat out wrong, golden age western animation is infinitely better.
3k TV anime at least

>because any random book is going to have better writing
Literally untrue. I can already tell that you do not read. And just because it's better writing doesn't mean it's more interesting or joyful. Again you seem so upset that people called you out on what you are. Just a mal-whore that thinks that completing anime is more important than dropping them. The opposite yields true.

>he thinks any anime are as well written as actual literature
neck yourself

He's pulling your leg, 1000+ shows is a very decent amount.

It is flat out correct. Animation quality is not measured by frames per second.

>Animation quality is not measured by frames per second
No, it's measured by composition, creativity, and imagery. Any random Popeye cartoon is going to surpass all but the most elite few anime filmmakers (like Satoshi Kon or Masaaki Yuasa). There are maybe ~200 anime that are noteworthy for their animation quality, anything else is probably budget ass shit-tier, even community favorites like Monster. Then you have the new school of CGI hackjobs like KyoAni and Shinkai, who are doing everything in their power to align anime with the most boring aesthetic imaginable, and taking up huge portions of the industry's resources to do it.
>Anime is the best animation in the world.
Your source for this?

Literally no one is stating otherwise. Golden age western cartoons also had better techniques, colors, etc.

this is a good take

You don't need to prove time and again you're incapability to read. Now you've just showcased you're also unable to communicate and debate. Stick to MAL. I'm sure you thought people would be impressed by someone that doesn't know how to drop shows. I value someone with a healthy watch to drop ratio more than you even if they've only seen 100 shows.

>No, it's measured by composition, creativity, and imagery.
Which are categories where anime is so far ahead of American animation that it would be unfair to even make the comparison.

>Then you have the new school of CGI hackjobs like KyoAni and Shinkai, who are doing everything in their power to align anime with the most boring aesthetic imaginable, and taking up huge portions of the industry's resources to do it.
Absolutely retarded nonsense.

>Your source for this?
A brain. Something you seem to be lacking.

You are just a butthurt americlap who can't deal with the fact that America is not always #1 at everything.

>golden age western cartoons
Find me some of those that have proper shading and aren't for little children. The japanese equivalent would be Miyazaki or studio Toei.

>because any random book is going to have better writing than any anime
I don't think you realise how shit the average book is.

I'm not the MAL guy though
>aren't for little children
you're acting like the best/most important anime aren't also for little children. You're not getting any free recommendations from me, do some basic ass research

>you're acting like the best/most important anime aren't also for little children
They aren't.

>best
>most important
So you're actually a child. I'm not telling you to recommend me something. I'm telling you to find me something that doesn't exist. You claim something you better have proof to back it up.

Absolutely

>he hasn't watched the Dezaki classics
>he hasn't watched any old magical girl anime
>he hasn't watched Astro Boy
>he hasn't watched old Toei films
nice try, go to reddit for recommendations

Don't argue with a guy that watched 3k shows and didn't fucking drop them. He doesn't read.

add big order to this list

The best and most important anime of all time are not for little children. Your opinion is irrelevant.

>he hasn't watched old Toei films
Literally why would anyone watch any Toei movies? They look like shit and are for 5 YEAR OLD CHILDREN. Christ are you actually for real? Are you actually for fucking real? You have to be some sort of parody.

All of those are shit

Nope, I just appreciate animation. If I wanted a good story I'd read a book or watch a film

Nothing Toei has made is worth perserving.
Astro Boy looks like fucking shit.
Old Magical Girl anime are for little children, female children at that.
>classic
just because someone deems something a classic doesn't mean it's worth watching.

Film and television are for storytelling.

When you get into actual cinema and literature you realize how bad "adult anime" like Fate/Zero and Monster are.

>appreciates animation
>tells others to watch Toei
Confirmed troll. The gig is up. Go home folks!

Mobile Suit Gundam is pretty good but it had such janky ass animation even for the time that I'm not sure if its deserving of a 10 desu.

DBS kiddie detected

Why we let retards like you in /A?

When you stop being a teenager you stop making posts like this.