End of Evangelion

Has Sup Forums listened to Everything You've Ever Dreamed? It was one of the songs considered to be played during the Third impact sequence during EoE, but Komm Süsser Tod was chosen instead.

Do you like this song? How would you feel differently about the movie if this was played in place of Komm Süsser Tod?
youtube.com/watch?v=px7FFMOTtyM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-9fhRh4aPs&start1=7&video2=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px7FFMOTtyM&start2=0&authorName=/a/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not enough of a Hey Jude ripoff evidently

Yes I have, it's a nice song.

>anno is a hack
color me shocked.

I heard the song they did use years after I had seen Evangelion and couldn't figure out why it made me feel so weirdly bad

Oy, im the one who have been talking about this song over the last week.
Its great.

Because its about killing yourself.

I like the song and give it a listen from time to time. But in the context of the Third Impact, I think Komm Süsser Tod makes more sense and was a better choice.

I feel like Komm Süsser Todd fits better.

I KNOW, I KNOW I LET YOU DOWN

Komm susser todd works better, but this one crushes me all the same.
It's a very nice song.

I don't know why but everytime i see the instrumentality scene, i start to tear up, it's so beautiful.

They're both appropriate. Everything You've Ever Dreamed is more specific to Shinji, Komm Süsser Tod is stronger for being more general.

It is Shinji embracing reality and Yui's speech that always gets me.

Is the lyrics in reference to Shinji's relationship with Asuka?/

>Hey jude invented that kind of rhythm

>What was it she did to break your heart
>Betray your heart and everything
>Kiss you with a kiss that wasn't true
>Do you think you'd find revenge so sweet
>Make it so your hearts will never beat
>Squeeze the very last and dying breath from
>Everything you've ever dreamed

Also, the last scene before instrumentality is asuka (his last friend) rejecting him in instrumentality, he snapping and wishing the end of the world.
So yes, clearly it is. At least in the instrumentality context.

22 years and we still have multiple Eva threads a day. I fucking love you guys.

i find both songs very soothing

This. The music that played was also fucking amazing.

Faggot.

Let's straighten something out here:
I don't hate Eva. I think it's late game is a bit pretentious but as a MotW show, it's got great designs and serviceable action.
No, the reason i shitpost Eva is BECAUSE of the fandom. They are nonmecha fans who think their show is the greatest of its genre and the entire animated medium often without having seen the works that Eva sought to contrast itself against. I don't hate Anno, i even appreciated some of the messages CONGRATULATIONS he he attempted to convey. And I'm sure he doesn't give a shit about my critique of his series. But the Eva fandom does, and that's why i do it. I shitpost about a show from the director of Gunbuster because the fans of that show are waifuworshipping shameless otaku and newfags who need to watch more anime.

That's a natural reaction.

The scene that breaks me every time though is the theatre scene. I'm always in floods of tears whenever "Does it feel good?" flashes on screen.

>anno is a troll
color me trolled

ftfy

>They are nonmecha fans who think their show is the greatest of its genre
I of course dont speak for anyone but for myself, but after lurking here enough, i think you are the one who expected something different from the fans of Eva.

Eva's point is hardly the mechas. How often you see a Eva thread talking about the units themselves, and not about the mind of the characters? I think i saw 2 this year, total. I dont think i ever actually seen anyone here using the following phrase "NGE is the best mecha anime ever". I seen people calling it the best anime, which is just opnion. It is certainly among the top for several reasons such as execution, art, sound, story, etc. but the best ever will relative.
I found out that many, many Eva fans, on Sup Forums and outside, seen to have suffered from depression, being neets, hikis, or otakus. They are the main audience, to whom the show resonates the best. You can call it the first baby's psychological / self-help work, its probably true. It doesnt change the fact of it, though.

So stop wanting Eva fans to watch more good old mecha stuff when im quite sure most would drift towards other dramas, psychological, coming of age stories and even romances, all of which i think are much close to Eva than the average mecha show. Stop thinking its a personal attack to your favorite genre.
If you want more discussion about good mecha shows, go to /m/, or create you damn thread. Go be happy nigga, stop starting a shitshow with an already unstable group.

Is this a pasta

Both songs are pretty good but i think KST fits better

>otakus
>(s)
Stop browsing anytime, outsider.

Im sorry i have bad japanese grammar, user

I KNOW
I KNOW I LET YOU DOWN

WHAT WAS IT SHE DID TO BREAK YOUR HEART
BETRAY YOUR HEART AND EVERYTHING

Why was this song cut?

How to fuck my shit up completely:
Sayōnara, kaa-san ; _ ;[spoiler/]

It was either komm susser tod or this.

Is there an edit of the Third Impact sequence with Everything You've Ever Dreamed?

Not that I've found. Mute the left video.
Syncs up fairly well.
youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-9fhRh4aPs&start1=7&video2=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px7FFMOTtyM&start2=0&authorName=/a/

I cried when instrumentality started happening. Someone please explain why. Am I just a faggot?

I dont know, you explain to us. Maybe because shinji was in pain and everyone was dead?
When i first watched EoE, it was 7am after binge watching the second half of the series. My mind was really tired

The 1 minute scene of stuff flashing super quickly at the end of KSM almost gave me a seizure, i felt as mind fucked as shinji. Good times.

I been a fool to myself

I didn't cry when I first saw it, personally. I was in a sort of morbid shock. I did however cry at the end of 2.22 when Shinji and Rei are holding each other.

Yeah I know it
I've got the s2 works cds
(the phone card is was worth more than the price for the box set last time I checked)
Loved it when I was an emotional teen but haven't listened to it in over a decade.
It really cements that Rei is best girl.
It's probably for the best that it wasn't chosen

Also i wouldn't feel any different at all

>It really cements that Rei is best girl.
>song is about Asuka
wdhmbt?

I'm surprised there is no Asuka amv or something using the song.

Asuka best girl

Nah, I think it's more about Anno, especially considering the song is based off a poem he wrote that is all about him. It wouldn't make sense in Shinji's context.

Dude, how does this song not fit shinji?

Because none of that ever happened to Shinji. Read the original poem, it's about Anno.

Shinji accused women of lying to him with their smiles, revisited the scene of his first kiss to be refused and have shade thrown on his whole life and motivations, and squeezed the very last and dying breath from the girl before wishing himself and everyone dead. Anno's personal experience probably wasn't as literal.

Imo, this song would fit great with some kind of Shinji/Asuka final interaction scene - if the scene was limited in scope/scale but deep with subtext. Or perhaps it'd even fit the credits right after Asuka says "Disgusting".

Komm Suesser Tod has breadth that makes it a better illustration to a grandiose and all-encompassing Instrumentality. The appeal lies in its disturbingly congratulatory undertone which contrasts the event of everyone dying. I think Anno made the right call.

Of course it is about anno. So is everything shinji related.

>I wanted to kiss her.
>But I was hurt.
>She brought pain to my heart.
>Even so,
>I hurt that girl's heart, as well.
>I inflicted the greatest hurt upon her.

Its pretty fitting for their last confrontation before he goes full instrumentality and destroy the world.

I heard conflincting stories about this song either being an alternative for KST or actually being played in a credit sequence after "One More Final". However we had the credits playing midway of the movie, so there wasnt a second credit sequence.

Off topic, but I think this entire scene between the two is one of my favorite moments in the series.
But has anyone else ever noticed in the background what looks like liquor bottles on the shelf when he's choking her out? Like a lot of them? Even though in the previous scens they weren't there?

Its my favorite moment too, because its the summary and culmination and both shinji and asuka's character.
Their fear, weaknesses and hypocrisy.

About the bottles, some say it gives a "domestic abuse" feeling to the scene. I agree, but i cant say it has a deeper meaning.
Maybe some allusion to misatos alcoholism, or even a reference to a potential "bad end" of each of them, ending up like misato (asuka live action sequence), were she ends up handling her sorrows with alcohol and sex.

Yeah I kinda got the same vibe. And again it's probably just implication of domestic abuse.
though the two essentially are abusing eachother in this scene.

Also for some reason the bottles feel intentional, where if it was like Misato, it would be beer cans.

She drinks harder, too. The bottles were there whenever that counter was.

Damn misato, do you even have a liver anymore?

Fuck me sideways then. you're right.
I need to go back and rewatch this stuff.

Like a guess you could read it as subtly informing her unfitness as a guardian, but they're still in there when she's being totally reasonable and responsible.

Misato ranges from grossly incompetent to insightful guardian.
I dont shil those 2 (i honestly dont even remember actually finding a genuine shipper of those two either), but their chemistry is good, shinji takes care of her as much as she takes care of him.

What do you think that side scar is REALLY from? You didnt fall for the second impact excuse, did you?