The Nihonmatsu Siblings and the Adventure of Wooden Valley

Chapter 2 is up in the usual places.

Mizukami Satoshi's new manga for people who missed chapter 1. What do you all think of it? Feels more like one of his short stories than his past 3 main series to me.

The moment I saw that left panel, I knew it was Mizukami. I didn't realize a new series came out. I'll have to take a look.

The antagonist won my heart pretty quickly with his stupidity and relationship with that weird chick around him.
Apparently the siblings are sharing a soul? Not sure how that works to give them special powers but i'm willing to be patient for that for now.
This is probably the best start to a Mizukami series so far with fun characters and cool action right off the bat so i'm excited to see where it goes.

Hopefully young master and his group is just those early antagonists that wil turn into ally after a few battle. His sparrows are too cute to keep getting beaten up.

Hasn't really done anything to grab me yet, though it's still early. Not a big fan of the antagonist's blubbering boob-phobia, though.

I thought he was hilariously charming. I figure it's probably less boob-phobia and just a general timidness from living a sheltered life of some sort. All in all, I really like all of the characters so far, and Mizukami has already dropped quite a few foreshadowing bombs within just the first two chapters. Just like said, this start is pretty spring-loaded from the get-go. I'm pretty excited.

How many chapters until Mizukami kills off a character? How many chapters until he hits a little too close to home with a character's internal monologue and makes you tear up, again? I'd ask how many chapters you bet until someone gets kissed, but we got that right off the bat. Wincest too!

>that kyaaaah
early antagonists are cute and pure

No one gives a fuck about what you think, go masturbate to Biscuit Hammer you fucking pleb.

I was thinking I haven't read something by him in a while. Thanks user.

The soft femdom and vanilla missionary doujins just write themselves.
Actually, are any of Mizukami's works popular enough for good doujins to be made and then translated?

>siblings kiss to henshin

This manga has everything

Will Mizukami ever get an anime out of his work?

>What do you all think of it?
>No one gives a fuck about what you think
Never change, Sup Forums.

Since he doesn't really have anything on-going at the moment, this series might be the best bet. We can only hope. Regardless, he always delivers top notch stories, and I'm sure we'll enjoy them for what they are. With the strong start that this one shows, however, there might be a little hope depending on how long this one ends up running.

>he doesn't really have anything on-going at the moment
didn't he like just have his first kid which was why there was such a break between spirit circle/sengoku youko and this in the first place

I think so. It's not like I meant it as any condemnation, but since this is his only on-going series, it's probably in the best place to receive an adaption. We just have to wait a bit for more content.

>Hasn't really done anything to grab me yet, though it's still early.

This. It took a while for Sengoku Youko to take off, and this seems like it'll be more in line with that than Spirit Circle, so I'm not really expecting any emotional or hype shit yet.

Sure it has that "strong start" with all the fighting, but it lacks the laid back atmosphere his works usually have.

>all the fighting
Speaking of which, what exactly happened here?

There's been cases of old, "done" manga getting an anime.

I wonder how he feels about the thing. His work is popular but no anime yet. Does he actually make manga unsuitable for anime?

I think the bad guy caught his swords and threw him over his head while turning. Kind of like in judo but with swords.

It could be a case where the author just doesn't want an adaption for whatever reason.

The guy clearly caught the swords with his onahole, overpowering him and spinning his blades down to the ground, flipping him in the process.

Twirled and thwapped the guy with his sword sheath.

I'd argue that the atmosphere is where it needs to be. He isn't bogging the story down with exposition, and he's leaving enough little clues and whispers about the potential and importance of certain characters and their backstories. Important plot points and world building will blossom out as needed.

Are villains truly allowed to be this moe

>villains
>implying he isn't a chaste hero who fights sluts
I sure hope you sisterfuckers don't do this.

So is anyone gonna dump it?

Nah. His publisher just thinks his stuff won't sell. They love the guy but his stuff doesn't have mainstream appeal. Spirit Circle is his best chance at an anime but that's done already.

Which is the usual place?

This made me like him instantly .

Bump

I would have loved a spirit circle with a different style for each arc.
SADLY, it'll never happen.

Have you seen how silly our antagonists are and how low-stakes everything has been so far? I think it's doing a great job capturing that atmosphere.
The little montage of the MCs dealing with demons, the cute relationship between the main trio, and even the ridiculousness of a flying sparrow machine which immediately gave away the machines identity has made for a more fun, active, and also more focused start to any of his previous stuff. Sengoku Youko spent a lot of its early time meandering around with small-fry, dull demons and samurais in comparison. Spirit Circle couldn't get me as invested in its main duo as the hype build-up in this chapter with the flame in the sisters' soul did. I think the authors putting together everything he's learned so far into a great beginning.

If kidding makes them that powerful, imagine what will happen if they fuck.

The flame will be glorious

s/kidding/kissing/

Nah, the kiss is only to get his fire from the sister. All the motivation he needs is money and a loli's smile.

Currently reading Hoshi no Samidare, just read the title of this and I instantly knew it was by the same author. It's the first series of him that I'm reading but I heard somewhere there's supposed to be some kind of continuity between his works, is there some kind of order that I should be reading in? Not reading any posts itt cause I'm trying to avoid spoilers

No continuity exists. Spirit Circle makes reference to Hoshi no Samidare and Sengoku Youko is referenced in one of his one-shots but the connections aren't necessary to understanding any of his stories.
You can jump into this new story if you want right now without fearing spoilers

I'd read SY after HnS and then SC. SC has a bit of a wink at the previous works at the end.

There's also other minor stuff with monsters similar to SY in a more modern setting so you could argue they are in the same world but further in the future.

Hopefully never.

The continuity is mostly just a nod and a wink at times. I read the order Mizukami made them in and that really showed his development as an artist and storyteller.
Hoshi no Samidare > Sengoku Youko > Spirit Circle
By the time you get to SC the continuity becomes more apparent. Just keep a close eye on details about the plot and universe. The other anons above are right about his shorter stories. That said, you don't have to read any of them to understand the others, it's more of bonus appreciation. SY ran for like a hundred chapters and its ending was so much better than SC, so maybe you want to save it for last.
Finally, you should probably stay away from any and all threads about posting manga pages that made you cry or tugged at your heartstrings. Lots of spoilers.

Thanks for the detailed response, friends.

>Finally, you should probably stay away from any and all threads about posting manga pages that made you cry or tugged at your heartstrings
That's where I get most of my recs though

I'm honestly not feeling this one yet.

I'm still gonna read it, but it hasn't hooked me in the same way his other series does, and that's fine. SY didn't hook me either until Shinsuke got in. I guess I just gotta wait a bit.

>That's where I get most of my recs though
Me too, to the point where I had major plot developments from all three of those series spoiled before I read them. My advice is to take some time and read each one in as few sittings as you can. Enjoy the wild ride.

>its ending was so much better than SC
How to spot a pleb.

>Well, I'm fine even if you don't come. Until then I'll leave you to Nono.
Was Kouko a cucquean?

I generally avoid Sup Forums when I'm reading something I enjoy so I should be fine, I'm blessed with a shit memory to protect me too. I'd been spoiled that Shinonome dies before but I only realized it when I actually read it cause that specific page looked familiar. Still a big shocker for me, I did not expect things to go down that way, it really helped the whole Mage situation feel much more threatening.

I'd leave the final 2 or 3 chapters of SC for the end of you want to catch the references.

You can read them at the same time if you want to keep the stories fresh when you do it.

Their relationship transcended that. [spoilers]They all have been lovers and siblings and parents/children of each other for centuries.[/spoiler]

Mind the spoilers

If a spoiler can ruin a story, it was a shitty story to begin with.

It can ruin the character development.

>I'm blessed with a shit memory to protect me too
Same here. Guess there's a silver lining in everything.

Not much of a character development it was then.

It won't ruin anything but why wouldn't you rather go into something with the full-blind experience the author intended for the story to be enjoyed in?
It's best to just avoid that one type of thread since it's such a simple and easy thing to do.

BR reveal

>Feels more like one of his short stories than his past 3 main series to me.
That's the feeling I'm getting, but also a bit more - I've read chapter 1 and 2 and it just felt like they should have been a single chapter, and also not the first chapters of the series. It just feels off somehow. Maybe it was due to cliffhanger in the first chapter.