Student invents way to stop school shootings

would this work in a real shooting?

kfor.com/2018/02/20/students-invention-to-keep-intruders-out-of-classrooms-is-so-brilliant-that-his-district-has-ordered-one-for-every-room/

Other urls found in this thread:

kfor.com/2018/02/20/students-invention-to-keep-intruders-out-of-classrooms-is-so-brilliant-that-his-district-has-ordered-one-for-every-room/
khou.com/article/news/nation-now/florida-school-shooting-suspect-ordered-a-drink-at-subway-after-deadly-assault/465-51e94074-994d-4a51-a05a-b739c7441f92
politico.com/states/florida/story/2018/02/21/fla-legislators-aide-fired-after-falsely-claiming-parkland-students-are-crisis-actors-266402
archive.is/CKYqs
s1.webmshare.com/XQOaJ.webm
s1.webmshare.com/bZ374.webm
my.mixtape.moe/vfsajs.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Direct intrusion would be more difficult. What about the glass?

shh goy

just lock the door and put a bookshelf and tables in front of the door, also those locks aren't going to get shot out, those doors have some heavy duty locks

bump for kids still eating tide pods

>how to prevent more school shootings

Remove "gun free zone' status and allow teachers and administrators to carry guns.

Wow, problem solved.

>sells for $95
>one bought for every classroom
>people say we need to spend more money on education

If he has a gun strong enough to "shoot out" a metal lock, he's got a gun strong enough to strafe the room through the plaster and sheet rock walls.

We've tried that before. Bookshelves topple over and desks are too light to use as an effective barricade.

As for the locks, it depends. Some door locks will literally break open if you place all of your weight on the end of the handle. We found that one out after a group of grade-school apes regularly broke into the computer labs doing this.

'murrican building design

burgers why do you make your houses out of fucking paper and then whine when a tornado tears down an entire city? you guys are retarded

>shh
nevar

The fuck you talking about? Here in Florida, thanks to hurricanes, every building is built out of cinder block or brick

Aren't half the poison control calls in the US currently because of tidepods?

Make schools more into jails than they already are. That'll teach them.

>plaster and sheet rock walls
in a school? cinderblocks, cinderblocks everywhere

>kfor.com/2018/02/20/students-invention-to-keep-intruders-out-of-classrooms-is-so-brilliant-that-his-district-has-ordered-one-for-every-room/

I can see this failing in one year
what if its a teacher teaching niggs in the innercity and one of the nigs chimps out and teacher protects himself using a gun , then we have black lives matters shit

this is fucking dumb.

just shoot through the drywall.

Have you seen any buildings survive tornado winds? It's cheaper to rebuild it than create a fortress.

*blocks your path*

What are you talking about? My schools all had solid brick walls, even internal walls of classrooms. They would need an RPG to get through those. I lived in the midwest where stuff was built to survive Tornadoes though, maybe they are built out of paper and hope elsewhere though.

Tornadoes wrecking your house aren't that common. My house is a 170 years old, in Tornado alley, and hasn't been touched.

What shitty redneck school did you go to that wasn't made out of brick and concrete

or just fucking run and shoulder through the drywall.

people think fucking blueboard walls are indestructible. You can literally take two well powered steps and drive your shoulder through the wall while being unharmed. it's the weakest part of the room. fucking plebs.

>would this work in a real shooting?
fuck no. the only way is to build a wall around every school with one enterance with a metal detector and an armed guard. make them like prisons.

Anyone actually serious about a school shooting -- in this day and age -- would have absolutely no trouble pulling off the high score in a good portion of US states.

Home made breaching charges, home made flash bangs, etc. Anyone with even a years experience in shop class can most of this shit with little to no research ffs.

How many rounds were fired?
What kind of bullets?
What caliber of bullets?
Can we see pictures of the bullet casings and pictures of the ballistic damage?
Who was the dead black girl?
What parts of the school specifically was the shooter in?
What was in the bodybag being taken out of the school?
Why was there the instant call to demolish the school?
How comeBrowardschools.comwas created in 1996, while Browardschools1.comwas created last year?
Are any autopsy reports going to be released?
Why did the ALLEGED shooters brother get sent to a psychiatric facility just days ago?
How did the laptop get shot and still have a functioning backlight?
Why is there no transparency?
Where is the footage from school cameras?
#ReleaseTheFootage
What part "We don't trust you" does the media, the alphabets, politicians and LE, not understand?
Why are they so desperate to blame Feebs for Mossad' actions?
Why did he stop shooting?
There was no one there to stop him.
What made him stop shooting and "blend in" to walk out with the rest of the students?khou.com/article/news/nation-now/florida-school-shooting-suspect-ordered-a-drink-at-subway-after-deadly-assault/465-51e94074-994d-4a51-a05a-b739c7441f92
And why did all the students start evacuating at that point in time? How did they know it was safe? Where did he go between the time he stopped firing and the time the students started evacuating?

politico.com/states/florida/story/2018/02/21/fla-legislators-aide-fired-after-falsely-claiming-parkland-students-are-crisis-actors-266402
archive.is/CKYqs
>Florida legislator's aide fired after calling Parkland students 'crisis actors'

It was a drill - s1.webmshare.com/XQOaJ.webm
Drill - s1.webmshare.com/bZ374.webm
David Hogg Supercut - my.mixtape.moe/vfsajs.mp4

No. 556 will Peirce steel easily because of it's velocity and sectional density but lacks the mass and momentum to carry it's way thru materials like cinder block effectively

Can you stop asking so many questions and just ban guns plz

Which would be ineffective. Chimps will chimp and protest claiming they dindu nuffin like they always have. Meanwhile mass shootings plummet.

Why not shoot the hinges and kick the door down?

what if somebody farts and you can't escape?

It would work if they managed to get it down in time. It wouldn't work for whatever class the shooter goes in first though since it would be too late to react.

>Rainbow Six Siege music plays
INSERTION IN FIVE SECONDS

I don’t know what kind of peasant school you went to, but every school I’ve been in has cinderblock or brick walls.

Plus, those “metal” locks are shitty, flimsy aluminum that a Red Ryder could chew through.

>hits stud
>breaks collarbone

Pretty much this. Home made explosives are pleb tier easy, like stupid fucking easy to make.

just use store room function locks on every door and close the fucker

Because this isn't a videogame and mass shooters aren't that smart

To date no kid has used a 40mm grenade launcher attachment to his AR15 yet dude.

Lmao nigga just make a new door with your gun

schools were built to be bomb shelters from the cold war

Why not continue using negroes?

Wouldn't stop the florida guy. He pulled the fire alarm so everybody was in the hall

it's pretty easy to guess where a stud will be just by looking at the location of the door. 16" on center is usually the standard for framing. just go 6" off the door and you will be fine. 6" is to account for the door framing, go 12" if you want to be safe about hitting the light switch blocking.

School glass all has wires

Except you could shoot through the door, into the device, almost certainly buckling it, then opening the door.

If the people on the other side aren't complete fucktards you'll get jumped while you're picking yourself up off the floor.

As for shooting through walls, it's still harder since you can't actually see your target.

then have schools put cameras in classes

Why not just stand by the side of the door with a knife and stab the fucker when he comes in before he knows what hit em.

Because when you ban guns criminals won't be able to get them, right?

I love reading stories like these they give me hope in humanity.

Goes to show all the more our socioeconomic economic value system aka the money system hasn't changed at all which is where most human problems come from, while the application of technology does all the time.

i dunno what type of shithole school you go to that allows random non students on the premises but im glad i didnt go to it.

I've already seen something like this, BlockLock or whatever

>be American
>teacher has to move the School Shooter Defense 4000 every time I need to take a piss
>the split second it is removed all of our lives are in immediate danger
>hate lunch breaks now

oh no now they have to bring scissors!

Yes and no. It could maybe make it hard for an intruder to enter the class, but my understanding is these guys are usually outside the room picking off people they run into in the hallways and stuff, when they see a room they just strafe it from outside.

If shooters were actually going into rooms and making sure everyone was dead there'd be 20-30+ fatalities every time.

Problem is they actually don't care, they just want the guns

how about you place all black students closet to the door

cost: $0

It is not ballistics rated. Old school doors are paned glass with wires in them, and are in the process of being phased out for safety concerns. Students have died or been horribly disfigured by those kinds of fixtures after running into them.

Nowadays it's dual paned, tempered glass that shatters into pebbles instead of shards.

Also this, if a shooter wants to do a shooting and get a high score they could just go to the cafeteria during lunch.

or kill the fucker with a bike wheel

I can see this. Where I graduated, all exterior rooms had bricks on all walls. However, all interior rooms had cardboard for walls.

You can shoulder through without falling, it really is much more brittle than people realize. Also how about just creating a new door with boolits!

But yes, it would cause most to fall to the ground upon execution, but breaking through is simple. or just smash the rifle butt through the wall haha. anyways this is fucked up, the thread navigating to us now figuring out ways to get around the door. instead we should be like, oh shit, rad this kid came up with a good idea, that would probably stop most people in real life situations.

>real life situations.

>Goes to show all the more our socioeconomic economic value system aka the money system hasn't changed at all
what the fuck are you talking about

Why not ban all steel from the school and turn the walls into gigantic electro magnets as soon as he enters the weapon if pulled with a ton of force towards the wall possibly crushing his hands

giant electromagnets in the school roof
hit the switch and anything metal gets sucked to the ceiling.

holy fuck cunt, get out my head.

I don't think it's fucked up, finding all the problems in a design is part of any engineering. I've also never been in a school made of drywall, they've all been very heavy concrete and brick.

>not using bombs
whew lad its almost like all these shootings are planned for political purposes

But would it though? What's the typical avenues of attack for how shooters move around the place and shoot people? Are they going class-to-class and spraying everyone inside? The casualty reports make me think not. I'm sort of for something that works if that's the thing people are seeing guys do, but I don't think that's what we're seeing guys do.

Like all procedures tell people to turn off the lights and sit quietly under something, but the shooters all obviously know that so who do you think you're hiding from? Its just a peace of mind thing to keep panic down, which I guess is a little helpful.

a cheaper option would be to place all schools in Australia so guns will fall off the earth

what the fuck. aussie hivemind is a new kind of autistic

One reason why electro magnets wouldnt solve the problem

I'm ignoring bombs for now because its too easy. Really I much prefer school shootings to school bombings and partially don't want to ban guns and force would-be killers to switch to something that would be much more effective.

>tfw some southern high schools have classrooms in trailers

They're brick walls. All of them, even internal walls. You can't legally build a huge structure like that out of wood and drywall.

The question we should be asking is how to make this cost effective. I say eliminate school bussing except in rural districts. The only reason it became a thing was integration.

Schools are generally pretty sturdy. A tornado can still rip the roof off of even good buildings. Really you can't do much about it if a tornado comes through and literally throws a car or a tree at your house or store. Often, debris from tornados are worse than the tornado itself.

Like the old saying, a door stop is mightier than the gun

literally a board across the door does the same things, two holding brackets and a plank buys you enough time.

Back when every tom dick and harry had a shot gun in his car (teachers and the older students included) people would be afraid to shoot up a school.

Now that they are more helpless, people are *shocked* to see the easy targets being targeted more often.

>home made flash bangs
Why, are you worried the teachers are going to be shooting back?

This kid is a genius.

Wowo what novel, entrepreneurial americans!

But it was law back in the day you absolute fucking faggot. Liberty or death.

No, you just make it more difficult to get one.

its not easy nigga why do you think sandniggers switched to aks and peace trucks lately?

what if its a teacher doing the shooting, what happens if its a sniper situation where someone is shooting from weird angle like vegas.

>shoot glass
>put arm inside
>brap brap brap brap blindfire

We need the facaulty/staff to have CCWs and a armed guard for the parkinglot.

general reminder: glass with wire in it isn't bulletproof. It has wire in it to make it a fire-rated door. The wires are to keep the glass from shattering under heat, but it still crumbles to dust if someone lightly hits it.

Yea because the shooter cant just mowe the students down between classes when everyone are in the halls...

Here is a way to prevent it. Put at least 2 armed officers in the school. Maybe some metal detectors of some sort. And if the shooter gets caught, you put a torture punishment on them for several months before they get electrocuted.
And i mean a torture that will make potential shooters piss their pants for even thinking about doing a shooting.

“oh no! What if I get caught?”
>pees pants

My school district grew too quickly and had to have some classes in trailers while they built new sections of the school. It was awful, but not really an exclusively southern or poor people problem, just a planning issue that comes with the unpredictability of human migration.

Ive chopped a cinderblock wall in half with my AR

Metal detectors unironically solve the problem.

>implying 7.62x39mm won't go through the walls

Yes but generally if youre smart enough to plot out a master plan, you're smart enough to realize you shouldnt go kill a bunch of kids for no reason.

They use plenty of bombs, they just tend to use them locally, and throw assloads of grenades in sweden. Its so easy goatfuckers in a desert can make them out of garbage.

The glass is usually shatter proof since it has the wires crisscrossed through it, so this strategy is not that feasible

Everything fails under enough force

You can define what they're doing as insane, but usually they're mad about something. In case you didn't know, we hire smart people to plan how to kill other people all the time.