Is 2000 up to around 2004 literally the worst period for anime...

Is 2000 up to around 2004 literally the worst period for anime? Hardly any of this shit will ever receive proper rips and always look like ass thanks to not shooting the shows on film anymore and having their digital releases being perma locked at 480p. So many shows ruined.

Compare 2003 Black Jack to 1990s Black jack & you tell ME.

What shows make you say that?

I'd say it was the worst for rips, yeah. Sadly it's that period where the technology changed but the practices took a while to catch up. Anime went digital shortly before HD took off and no one had the foresight to prepare for it.
>tfw no 1080p Aria

Examples?

Kino, RahXephon, Texhnolyze, Heibane, Aria just to name a few.

A shame, because the shows themselves were great.

Some of them, at least.

Monster and Boogiepop

Yes it was because of the move to digital. Just look at Gundam Seed. Bland colors and no shading. Faces are just two tones. Gundam 00 in comparison has much better color work.

>2004
I'd go way later. Even in 2008 a lot of anime were still not produced in higher resolutions and some stuff even broadcast in 4:3.

I'd say 1999-2002 was the worst, digital paint led to washed out pastel colors everywhere, and the then-new moe boom led to a bunch of really boring titles about simpering girls in ridiculous clothes fawning over some shitty self-insert character.

That time period has a lot of great anime, and image sharpness is not the most important part of enjoying an anime. People enjoyed it back then, and it's still enjoyable. It shouldn't take you many minutes of watching before you stop thinking about the low resolution and concentrate on the content of the anime instead. And you may even enjoy the visuals that are hidden behind the low resolution.

I have been interested in the moe boom. Did it start in the late 90s? I've been thinking To Heart is an early product of the moe boom, is this correct?

My biggest complaint with anime from that era is the fucking awful digital bloom effects and washed out colors everywhere.

>Is 2000 up to around 2004 literally the worst period for anime?
kinos journey mushishi texhnolyze heibane fucking GITS FLCL samurai champloo etc etc

(you) kys this is terrible bait early 2000's was better than almost all of the 90's

At least read the entire thing before spouting your shit buzzwords, crossboarding faggot.

There's a fair amount of decent shows as said but man that entire period was forgettable as hell. Ironically, I think the most memorable thing about the early 00s wasn't what was coming out of Japan but what was coming into America through the big rise of Toonami, [as], licenscing companies starting to really hit their stride, etc.

Also the anime companies were really hitting that switch to digital animation and CGI and man they were not good at it.

2001 was a good year for anime

In contrast 2002 wasn't too great

Anime died in 2007 along with everything else

2003 was pretty great

>FMA, Tecxnolyze and Planates are 14 years old
Jesus fuck. Remember when Stellvia was one of our meme shows?

What?
2001 has almost no shows people still talk about. Maybe they are all hidden gems, but compared to 2002, which has many well recognized masterpieces? Maybe if you watch more anime than me, you'll end up concluding 2001 was better, but the average anime fan will have seen way more anime from 2002 than 2001.

Not that guy but

>Zoids
>Angelic Layer
>Digimon Tamers
>Noir
>s-CRY-ed
>Shaman King
>Banner of the Stars
>Mahoramatic
>Hikaru no Go
>Rave Master

Compared to
>Rahxephon
>.hack//Sign
>Azumanga
>Twelve Kingdoms
>SaiKano
>Princess Tutu
>King Gainer
>Gits:Sac
>Gundam SEED
>Haibane Renmei

I'd say it's about even. There's a few on those lists that I like a lot like Gravion and Heat Guy J but they don't really get talked about or remembered

The bloom never went away. There's still this awful film over everything. Compare CCS with the preview for the new thing

At least it doesn't have chromatic aberration. By god does that shit piss me off.

You forgot Full Metal Panic, one of the more relevant of the shows from these years.
But maybe I just don't pay attention to shows I don't know about, and I have seen much more from 2002 than 2001 so I pay more attention to threads about anime from that year.

How do we feel about turn of the century anime year?

Am I the only one who remembers Mushrambo and Transformers? I used to watch the shit out of them when I was a kid.

Literally only seen Oh Super Milk Chan, Digimon 02 and Banner of the Stars, not a lot that the anime community consider must watches this year.
Banner of the Stars was pretty good, Milk Chan was special, and Digimon was, at least it was fun.

Have an interest in Sakura Taisen, though, the opening is awesome and Japanese nationalism is cool. I'm also interested in Vandread due to the boys vs girls thing, and I guess I should watch Hajime no Ippo at some point. Oh, and Niea Under 7 is interesting.