So what genre is Shingeki?

Mecha? Horror? shonen? Also why all the fights look so erotic?

I'd say it's a political mystery.

>shonen
Shounen isn't a genre, m8

Mecha shounen gachimuchi

This. People forget that the real point of the story is unraveling the mysteries of the world. It's the series' biggest draw. MMA/CQC is a good part of the series, but it's mostly about the world and how the characters deal with their ideologies upon realizing the truth.

trainwreck

To be fair the beginning of the series is presented as action/horror or whatever. But it quickly becomes about trying to figure out what the fuck is actually happening (both for the characters and the audience)

The last action we got was the Shiganshina battle, though I guess you could argue that some of the Marley war scenes count, but it was more about strategic planning than fighting. Also that wasn't titan vs. titan...

Kaiju

Shounen and magic.

Fuck, I wanted to say this.

No that's Kabaneri

which I actually liked better

I'd say there's a lot of connection between mystery and horror. Even from the first chapter the horror of the Titans is abated by the curiosity of wanting to know what they really are. The action is there, and it's a big part, but I wouldn't say it's solely meant as an action series. It falls into the genre, but not as a huge point. It's difficult to put it into words.

>Kabaneri
>trainwreck

It is literally a trainwreck, literally as in trains get fucked up and crash into shit

I´d say this series changes of genre because Isayama is constantly getting inspired by something, see the Uprising arc that came out of nowehere. Season 3 will barely show titans, and the current arc is more focused on human´s feelings and more politics instead of titans.
I don´t dislike it but I miss the original tone of the first chapters.

I got it the first time, you idiot.

Holy shit, you're right.

I don't think I can agree on that. The overarching genre doesn't really change because the story is still in the same setting. You might have a point if the series ever took a turn that didn't set it strictly about these characters that are stuck within the military complex and even Uprising which you mentioned hardly had any focus on "normal people". It's largely always going to be about the mystery and politics of the world itself. The tone and method of telling the theme might change, but the genre is something else.

>Uprising arc that came out of nowehere
Did it? Isayama was clearly setting up a SL vs MP conflict from early in the manga.

organic mecha

It probably existed since the beginning, but was dragged out a lot. For example Kenny didn't exist at first, since he is based on a character from GTA V and the Manga was supposed to end at chapter 20

Absolutely this

>the Manga was supposed to end at chapter 20
What?

>Manga was supposed to end at chapter 20
More like he probably hadn't thought further than that when he started it because he didn't think he'd last nearly as long as he has

>he probably hadn't thought further than that

I mean... there's a difference between the identities of characters who are there from the beginning and characters who show up part way through but sure.

>Their memories.

>Their memories will teach you how to use it
>Memories are linked to bloodline.
Or Grisha is being a idiot as usual.

He clearly had an outline and it's even a point that his editor absolutely required to him to have an ending in mind before even getting published. Don't pull things like "he hadn't thought further into the story" out of your ass.

>this series changes of genre because Isayama is constantly getting inspired by something
I would say that because he's out of ideas which is why snk is shit now

>Bert is not sweating
Miracle

There's a difference between the Coordinate and the other Shifters.

He's probably talking about the coordinate memories which seem accessible by anyone.

Why haven't he barely get any memories from Frieda and Uri, then?

He probably needs more triggers. He should look for Frieda's hairbrush.

He's gotten one or two from Frieda. Uri's farther back and it's more difficult because of that. Not only that, it's not like Isayama can let him just unravel all the mysteries in one fell swoop. He loves making Eren suffer from missing information.

See my post, m8. Those characters were all clearly planned from the beginning.

Don't pull things like "the manga was supposed to end at chapter 20" out of your ass.

He can't access the full potential of the Coordinate because he's not a Reiss. Also he needs to touch a royal to even activate it, chances are he won't be able to gain access to their memories without it. And he did see a few memories from Frieda...

>Don't pull things like "the manga was supposed to end at chapter 20" out of your ass.
I was arguing against that idiot, though.

What if Bean was made by Zeke? Will we see that next chapter?

I thought you were the same moron. My bad.

It's okay, user.

Political seinen comedy.

>I die because my older brother forces me to break the law.
Did Grisha do anything right?

No

He did nothing wrong.

>He's gotten one or two
He's gotten one, and Uri's as farther back as Kruger. But Eren is getting flooded by Grisha's and Kruger's memories only, and all of a sudden.

Not even once.

It's likely due to having Grisha's journals to guide his thoughts better than without. Otherwise it'd be all unclear. And I don't think he's gotten anything from Kruger personally, though he did insert himself into Kruger's position at one point. Again, it falls back onto requiring some sort of guide to jog his memory.

No.

He did everything wrong. Fuck off, Grisha.

His only mistake was Zeke.

This.

No seriously, kill yourself, Grisha.

>posting Eren
>telling Grisha to kill himself
C'mon.
>captcha: dina park

Zeke did one thing right, getting rid of the retard. Sadly it didn't work and he spawned another retard.

Do you like Shingeki no Kyojin?

Much improved.

trash

>GIMMIE THAT NECK

what did he mean by this?

>DO NOT HURT THE ASS DUE TO LACK OF TALENT
Wise words spoken by Jeanbo.

Eren was giving him the Guillotine

Is this duwang?

An attempt.

>real point of the story is unraveling the mysteries of the world.
Which is why I dropped after they went in the basement. How is it since?

Warriorcucks ruined it. Give it a year and maybe it'll finally be doing something worth reading.

Go back to the grave, Grisha.

Chill down me, without him there won't be any bitches and cool ass powers and titan aids for us

Soon.

Shounen is a genre and that genre is trash.

Are you hyped for the new game?

I hope Reiner/Bert/Annie/Ymir are playable this time. Looks like Rico might be playable too.

It's not erotic, it's jiu-jitsu.

Is this the new /snk/ general?

yes, go cry to the mods to close it, dumblrwhale.

Looks like dumblr and leddit got their generals back.

I'd say Flesh Mecha, but are there even any other Flesh Mecha anime/manga out there to begin with?

ok

Nah...

Does Eva count?

>SHUT THE HELL, HEAD OF SHIT BITCH! I GO TO SLEEP ALREADY!
>What you secretly intent to dirty girl at night?
>I am shock.............
>Imil.........you can no problem read.........
>Does Reiner is gay?
What did they mean by this?

Genre:Pleb,Pseudo-intellectualism

Genre: Action because it has action. Mystery because it relies on suspense and uncovering conspiracies and secrets. Fantasy because it has beings like the Titans. It's also Post-apocalyptic and Military but these aren't agreed on as genres.

Shounen/Seinen/Shoujo/Josei are target demographics not genres, and with shounen being the main one in Japanese entertainment, it's pretty retarded to call most of the manga and anime in existence shitty.

>Muh ocean
>Muh Freedom
>Muh Eren
>Muh double personality
>Muh Annie uguu
>Muh revenge of grisha

Who are you talking about?

>Muh ocean
Armin
>Muh Freedom
Eren
>Muh Eren
Mikasa
>Muh double personality
Reiner
>Muh Annie uguu
Berthiold?
>Muh revenge of grisha
Zeke

Eren is muh revenge.

Shotacon

This. Also
>muh rage
>muh genocide

>Muh mom
>Muh basement

Shit disguised as "shonen".

Also
>MUH ARMIN

*O MY KOFFs your way*

Is Isayama telling us that a mindless titan will prioritize eating NORMAL HUMANS over SHIFTERS? I'm referring to Dina passing by Berthold who had just gotten out of his titan during the attack on the walls. inb4 it's just plot convenience

hoes before bros dude.

>Shit disguised as "shit"
That's new

Dina was a abnormal after Grisha.