How are long do you think the popularity of this show will last?

How are long do you think the popularity of this show will last?

It's a combo of two things: until the story progresses without falling into clichés and stagnation, and until fujos won't find another series that will excite them as much as this one (it won't be anytime soon).

Judging by how the show's popularity is still going strong even almost a year later, I think it's safe to say the hype will remain for the movie, so it all depends on how good it's going to be. Assuming they still want a S2, the movie needs to be exciting while also keeping the fujos hooked, so probably nothing big like a marriage just yet, and Yuuri probably won't win Gold either.

There is a movie coming early next year and then expect s2 depending on how movie does.
Popular fujo series stay on for atleast 3 years and since this is the most popular yet expect it to last awhile.

2-3 years, maybe 5 top. Delusional fujos who think this is the Evangelion of our generation and will be still remember and highly influential in 25 years are dumb as rocks.

>Evagelion of our generation
Literally nobody has ever said this.

To answer OP's question, it will depend on how YOI will influence future fujo series. YOI actually gave fujoshits something that isn't just bait, and so they'll be more selective with what they watch in future. But if more non-bait fujo series start coming out, some are sure to surpass YOI soon.

>But if more non-bait fujo series start coming out
I can't see this happening anytime soon, honestly. YOI has lots of problems, but it was really a miracle in terms of delivering the homo.

No6 already did it and better, with actual kisses.

>YOI actually gave fujoshits something that isn't just bait
t. Delusional fujo

Prove to me that there's literally zero homosexuality in this series.

Nobody cared, though.

>no homosexual love confessions
>no homosexual kisses
>no homosexual feelings
>no homosexual love making scenes

> bring up No.6

Oh boy, here we go.

This will be a problem for the industry to handle right though.
For instance Doukyuusei is considered a well done homo romance yet is a fraction of popularity to yoi. They will have to figure out how yoi went homo without falling into yaoi/bl territory. Right now even yoi is getting censorship push back on its homo being mainstream.
Future animes that want to be like it or surpass it are going to have to find some liberal studios like MAPPA and investors that arent homo adverse

There was a kiss though.

What No6 didnt do: have to two leads stay together nor have a healthy relationship with the creator saying Rat isnt interested in Shion like that.

Try again

>your last point
This is not a r18 anime you know?

>unironically using healthy relationship
Hi, Tumblr!

>homosexual love making scenes

We will truely reach the apex when this happens. Also my sides will be ruined if they imply one in the yoi movie

>mainstream 80s anime
>openly gay protagonist, multiple gay relationships, gay kissing or straight up assfucking in almost every episode, main gay couple stays together to the end and even has kids together

>mainstream 2016 anime
>can't even show a gay kiss due to censorship

What the hell happened that made 2016 Japan more conservative than 80s Japan?

They'll deny it anyway kek.
>t-t-they just accidentaly fell asleep in the same bed after practice!

Name???

If only No6 wasn't such shit in everything beside two MCs' relationship, maybe I'd agree with you.

>mainstream 2016 anime
>can't even show a gay kiss due to censorship
Based Keijo did it, though.

But Yuri on Ice is not good only because it's a non-fujobait show, in my opinion kisses or engagement scenes, marriages etc. can be a plus but are not what can necessarily win the audience.
Before episode 7 this anime was already super popular and that's because staff cared enough to create a credible setting, to give the main characters personality and it's palpable that Sayo didn't want this this show to be for fangirls only (and this was confirmed at the panel at AFest).

Patarillo!

Patalliro!

It's a very fun and charming anime. Imagine James Bond except he's tasked with babysitting a kid and he fucks men instead of women. Also set in a world where homosexuality appears to be the norm, for instance the mc is shocked to discover that one character has a mother.

Did anybody even take Patalliro seriously at all, though? That show was a clusterfuck

No6 was boring as shit. I coulnt stand Nezumi. Shion was the only good thing about the show. I thought shion and nezumis relationship was dry as hell. Didnt give a shit that they didnt stay together at the end

Also author is a straight man. Or at least bi ,he's married to a woman.

TY anons. Will watch later.

What the hell, I read dozens and dozens of articles and essays about bl genre and depiction of lgbt in Japanese culture and this one never was menioned! How peep was this gem buried?

>For instance Doukyuusei is considered a well done homo romance yet is a fraction of popularity to yoi. They will have to figure out how yoi went homo without falling into yaoi/bl territory. Right now even yoi is getting censorship push back on its homo being mainstream.

Because it's BL. BL doesn't surprise the audience, on the top of not offering anything other than "two people who fall in love".

They key to success is inserting homo in a great narrative.

Till the next big fujo hit in 3-5 years and they have a smaller but stable group of hardcore fans.

It's a deliberately bizarre comedy show that doesn't remotely take itself seriously. But the fact that it's got plenty of gay sex remains.

Didn't know that, kek. That's pretty cool.

Exactly, that's why I always mad when people dare to say this show is obscure because is has open gays. No, idiots, it's opposite, it's still remembered, because it had gays. If characters were a boy and a girl, the show would be immediately forgotten (and rightfully so)

Probably because it's an adaption, gag comedy, the couple suffers from constant infidelity and is always fighting, the style is over the top even from the era.

Nothing about it feels rooted to reality, the men look like women, and the homo is a part of the jokes.

Yoi's is lighthearted but it feels like one of the most grounded in reality over most anime period.

*will have

It's actually the first animu to have homo and the manga series it's adapted from is still running.

user, check out From Eroica With Love too. Also, Kaze to Ki no Uta and Thomas no Shinzou.

Just know that pic related (drawing made two days ago at AFest by Kubo) was sold for 6,900$ at a charity auction.

It feels like nobody outside of Japan knows about it. It seems pretty popular in Japan though, being one of the longest running manga series ever and being adapted into 2 anime series and a film.

I guess you have a point. I just still can't comprehend how it was allowed and encouraged, even if it's "haha they're just gay as a joke geddit"

I find it funny that the mpreg parts were left out of the anime though. A kid roleplaying gay sex with himself is ok, but mpreg is just too far apparently.

>A kid roleplaying gay sex with himself is ok

Probably because he's ugly as fuck. I mean, it's implied that he was assaulted by that Chinese politician, but it's treated as a joke. When Maraich gets molested it's just fanservice.

Context happens. Also people behind the anime did too.

Also the 80 was weird, just look how many shoujo manga were modern shounen-ai.

>No.6
>Show
Disgusting.

Kaze to Ki no Uta also had tons of gay sex in a Shoujo magazine in 1976 when BL was still far from being a stablished genre. I have no idea how that happened. It didn't get a show like Patalliro though, just an OVA.

Oh, I know Kaze to Ki no Uta, it's mentioned pretty often - one of the first yaoi anime I watched. Didn't like this one, but Fairyfags should love this - a blond edgy teen, who suffers because it too beautiful, and every male around want to molest him.

Patalliro is just a weird kid. Though I guess it's ironically pretty realistic, since real kids certainly do have a healthy amount of curiosity about sex and people's bodies.

I like the part where he's meeting his "brother" for the first time, and he just casually grabs his dick.

I'm also not the biggest fan, although I recognize its importance. Eroica and Thomas are absolutely fantastic, though.

It's similar to what happened to videogames really, stuff on SNES and early PS1 had some really weird stuff, then come PS2 and modern era and medias are far more sanitized.

Dude, of course we discuss an adaptation! The topic is YoI and similar shows, after all.
Surely, No6 books are good, but good gay-themed books are nothing new, we had them for ages.

Thanks for the recommendations, user. I've been looking for more ever since Patalliro showed me how much superior old school bl is to modern yaoi shit. YOI is an exception though.

Why does No6 get any praise when the creator no homoed it like Sam Flams creator did?

>OP asks about the life span of Yuri on Ice

>begins to talk about the usual LGBT themes, parallels with other homo anime, etc.

Fujoshits were a mistake

Mods, nuke this thread already

>oh gee whiz how dare people talk about things I don't like!

This thread is in no way aimed at you. Fuck off back to your waifu circlejerk thread.

I wonder if Gilbert from Kaze to ki no Uta is the one who started that trend what fridge that covers one eye is usually code for a gay character in anime. Yamagi from IBO and Jun from Persona just to name a few.

>Thread about yoi on censor
>Threads ends being about based Patalliro
Also, who watched the saiyuki Patalliro ova?

Same shit happened to Patalliro! too. It had a spin off anime in the last decade and like 99% of the homo was cut. All it had was Maraich having a crush on Bancoran.

Fairy's not really gay though, is he?

What about the anime about swimming? How long did it last?

I'm a Yoi fag too, retard, but my mind is not full of shit and yaoi 24/7 like yours.

>trend what fridge that covers one eye is usually code for a gay character in anime.
Is this really a thing?

About as long as Free, until the next big fujo show comes along.

I thought it was late 80s and I watched it and no much fags were cut.

I'm just so glad I have people to discuss Patalliro with! I've made several Patalliro threads in the past only to be told that nobody on Sup Forums has seen it.

I started watching the saiyuki version but it didn't interest me as much. It didn't feel nearly as unique. I'll finish watching it some day though.

How bizarre, I didn't get far enough in the spin-off to see what had been cut. The 80s were really a different time.

Holy shit this looks like BaldFairy kek

If they want to make some real homo anime that is at least fun they should adapt 50x50, that one with the leg fetishist and the boobfag being gay to each other.

Not that guy, but I assume he means Patalliro Saiyuuki!, which is from 2005.

And is kinda hard to find the anime subbed, I watched ten or so and then I easn't able to find more.
Also, I am surprised is still ongoing.

Do you have any proofs he is not a gay?

Not really since he hasn't exactly had sex with anyone yet.

True. I'm a Slavfag so I can watch it with Russian subtitles though.

The anime was 2005

They are good friends.

What's Russian fujoshit fandom like compared to English?

it will last as long as the fujos make it live.

>Why does No6 get any praise when the creator no homoed it like Sam Flams creator did?
Except she didn't. Beside, you can't no homo No.6, it not ambiguous gay.

Fuck off homo threads.

Pretty much exactly the same really.

They really did? Or was it just another case of "relationship without a name, you could interprete it whatever you want" shit?

Same, just Fairy-faggotry is much stronger here,

紫苑はネズミに恋心を抱いていると思うんですが、 ネズミは…分かりません(笑)。紫苑を愛しているのか恐れているのか…、 彼自身が掴みあぐねていると思います。 【PASH!7月号、原作者あさのあつこが語るより抜粋】

>Shion regards Nezumi with love, but Nezumi… I don’t know (laughs). Whether he loves Shion or is afraid… *I think he hasn’t quite gotten a clear understanding himself.”

>ーFrom an adult’s perspective, their relationship is rather mysterious. It’s not just restricted to male characters – I rather like writing about relationships between people of the same sex. When you write about opposite sexes who are drawn to each other, you typically end up with them falling in love, or (becoming) husband and wife… To a certain extent, there is a fixed ‘template’. But if you write about people of the same sex, a relationship that you can’t express with words like friendship, comradery, love or hate is born. I think that there is great value in writing relationships where you can’t draw lines like that. Between Shion and Nezumi is a ‘unique relationship’ born of particular conditions and particular experiences, something that only they have. I wanted to write it because I wanted to know what that relationship would be. Of course, such ‘unique relationships’ can be formed between people of the opposite sexes too. It’s not like we get ‘mass-produced’ feelings whenever two people meet. But I really feel that what’s really interesting to write about are the ‘original’ feelings that come from relationships between people of the same sex.

But is so boring and flat, at least the anime promised gay and ascifi and I just got guys acting like grills in some middly dystopian plot. Is not like SamFlam did it better, they just wasted Goto's backstory.

But it is BaldFairy

>muh Feechka

inb4 thinly veiled yoi general

Lots of annoying fairyfags

Inb4 there is actual discussion here.

I want to know about the spanish yoi fandom. I always hear it compared to hell on earth.

How is that no homo? Can you read? It's just an author sperging about unique relationship, Sayo does it too.

I'm tired of these threads that inevitably go to shit.

They're breaking other rules too.

Is not. Maybe because artist is afraid of calling it a gay relationship or just feels annoyed thst what considers a more complex relationship is just labelled "buttsex".

Do not use karice's translation here, please

>characters – I rather like writing about relationships between people of the same sex. When you write about opposite sexes who are drawn to each other, you typically end up with them falling in love

Does sound like a no homo. Combined with her saying Rat isnt in love with Shion or too 'afraid' to love shion.

Hispanic fandom and English fandom are two flavors of terrible, being the first one bad in a weeb way and the later in a SJW way. It's on you to decide which one is worse.

Nothing in this is comparable to SamFlam guy.

Krice? Thats from listenforthelove translation

:>Yuri on ice 4D
>Another museum in nagoya
>Yuri on concert
Besides events to celebrate the anniversary of yuri and victor (maybe yurio)

>more complex relationship
Relationships aren't complex. Romantic relationships are inevitably based around fucking. Saying >muh complex relationship in this context is basically the same as saying no homo.

You just took a part of sentence out of context, great. She talked about a template - falling in love, ending together, marrying, and how writing gay characters she could break this mold.

And she didn't say Nezumi isn't in love with Shion, she said "maybe".