Does anyone think the issue with the whole "gun control" thing lies in the fact that the country is an overwhelming 400...

Does anyone think the issue with the whole "gun control" thing lies in the fact that the country is an overwhelming 400 million and there is a complete lack of perspective in statistics? Now I honestly don't care either way. I'm not a gun owner, but I'm honestly offended at the lack of rationality being applied here.

Consider just a hundred years ago. Consider your small town. Consider an event where a murder kills someone in the state over (hell, the town over). Do you hear about it? No. It's kept a local issue. Because the population in question is generally low, the rare occurrences are exactly that: rare. However, if you take that same probability and then apply it to populations millions of times that, suddenly a rare occurrence has much more probability to occur. And when it does, the ENTIRE NATION hears about it. The media covers it for weeks. The federal government uses the emotions as an excuse to draft legislation. Bam. Done.

Am I the only one not offended by this?

>tl;dr 13 thousand deaths out of 400 million is still 0.0000325.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shootings_in_the_United_States
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

well as times change and populations change and all of that, laws need to be modified to continue holding society together. im not saying im for gun control, but something is going to need to be done..

That's entirely fair.

But do we need to wait every time an event occurs and then take advantage of tragedy to push this agenda though? Do we need to communicate through sound bites of people crying?

That's because it's a globalist plot to take our fucking guns so we can't defend ourselves from them. It's not about logic and statistics it's always the same thing in the end, more laws until we have no guns period. It exactly what they did in other countries to take away guns.

More people die from bee stings. BANN ASSAULT BEES

I usually am reluctant to buy into this mindset, but there does seem to be some serious manipulation of the truth going on as it comes to this issue.

Furthermore, I think the whole reason that it's kept from being a local issue is a huge part of the problem. When people are kept artificially out of touch with their local community, it's no surprise these sorts of tragedies occur. It's easy to kill people when they are nameless shapes and figures, but due to how society is shaped, nearly everyone is blank from our perspective.

That we don't have local communities actually prepared to deal with this shit on their own is the issue here. This disconnect with the land and our community is fucked.

It's the usual communist agitation. It's just meant to provoke violence so that eventually it devolves into an uncontrollable situation where they goyim are at war with each other.

They do the same thing in the financial markets.

Doesn't this go both ways, though?

Only 3 thousand people died in 9/11 and yet it was used as justification to catalyze a "war".

You are a smart man.

No you're looking at it all wrong in the first place. It's not a local issue despite this crap (rarely) happening in the past 10 decades and being a small town issue that very very rarely happened because the MSM (95% left wing) pushes this shit every single time this thing happens. Go to the wiki page for school shootings in the USA and you'll see the vast majority of them can be as simple as somebody shooting a gun at school (not a school shooting) or firing one in a school zone (not a school shooting). It's a completely disingenuous list trying to inflate our statistics of school shootings and it's so easy to disprove that all you need to do is go to this page and read the summary on each.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shootings_in_the_United_States

Essentially leftists thing this list is what is happening but in reality nothing close to that is. And further still guns weren't an issue like they are now until maybe the 80s/90s especially the 2010s. What happened? Rampant leftist ideology that makes our people, especially our children, not care about anything or have anything to believe in from family to religion because these vile disgusting jewish controlled leftists have taken it all from us.

>but something is going to need to be done..

Why? So you can even further restrict the personal liberties of your """citizens""" for laws that will accomplish precisely dick to lower crime rates? I'm sorry but I'm not going to give up my rights as a free man just to lower the gun crime rate by 0.001%, faggot.

heh, we have a thinker here

I don't disagree with any of that, user. A lot of what you say holds a lot of validity.

When I referred to it as a local issue I implied, perhaps poorly I'll admit, that it was an indirect, big picture cause of the problem whereas you seem to be focusing on the direct cause which I agree with. I would go ahead and then assert that the lack of locality is the anvil used to prepare the mindset that various political groups in general come in and hammer as they will which is in line with what you are saying in specific.

probably not, but i dont know how else laws get pushed through the gridlock of bureacracy

are you a mentally ill person? if not, you should have no trouble buying guns. thats where it needs to be attacked from if its to be dealt with.

Smart people like you need to write books and set policy, make sure to not waste all your time in this god forsaken place.

Here for a regular FFL purchase you have to check off a box asserting that you're not mentally ill (along with some other boxes, like you're not a fugitive from justice). That's pretty fair. And if the FBI was warned and doesn't have you in a database for the quick background check then the FBI is at fault.

I understand. It is certainly a problem that has no clear fix.

However it is also important to realize that it may not be moral to push laws through that so many people disagree with (two wrongs don't make a right etc. etc.) and have perfectly good reasoning behind why they disagree.

I'm really not trying to walk into my house one afternoon to find my wife and children raped and a nice kind hatchet fit all snug in my back.

Then this place will be perfect for you, you'll get to feed that smart brain for as long as you want. It's addicting.
You just won't really be productive.

Sure, also the reliance on deus ex machina "solutions" in general. Our neighborhoods and communities no longer self-regulate; they've been conditioned to rely on federal everything, which reduces social participation to a detached virtue-signaling game where people think words have more of an impact than actions.

thats a good start

The population of the US is 321 million, not 400 million.

they clapped and cheered to ban semi autos tonight. this is the most popular semi auto in america. they don't want to ban ar's. they want all rifles. even though rifles are only used to kill 370 people in the us a year

The system as it is is really not that bad. I think part of what they're trying to do here is play on Trump's inclination toward hard screening for immigrants. Unfortunately that might be appropriate.

But if they were honest, they would focus instead on Trump's priority for having people who know that there's a nut job with a gun or a pipe bomb or whatever else who say nothing, or for agencies like the FBI who get notified about a possible problem and then they do nothing.

right. the frequency of shootings is higher than ideal, of course, but the total number killed doesnt have a day to day affect on most of us

So you should be able to have your civil liberties taken away from you if you've ever been diagnosed with a mental illness?

Well I'm self aware to realize that I'm not as great as a thinker as I am a conversationalist, and it's a sad irony that Sup Forums of all places generally has more open mindedness than most places due to the anonymity. Of course you have a lot of mindless bullshit along with it, but that's the price you pay for freedom! And doesn't that all just circle around nicely? Doesn't the freedom to gun ownership come with its price?

But that's enough for me. Thanks for the attention.

>rifles are only used to kill 370 people in the us a year

I still haven't bothered with a CCW or body armor or even locking my doors and windows at the time. It's a fear game.

On the other hand I have a loaded gun ready to go if I'm home while somebody breaks in to my house just for starters.

There isn't a problem with our system in Illinois. You need FOID card which takes a background check and like 30 days of waiting. Then you need to wait 24 hours for rifles/shotguns and 72 hours for a handgun as well as a background check to get a gun at all and they can just outright refuse to sell you one. This isn't a real issue.

Haha yeah. All freedom comes with a price, but usually, you can't gain something without consequences.
We fight for our freedoms even with these consequences because these freedoms give us so much more than these consequences could ever hurt us.
It's a beautiful world, I feel really sorry for those so easily hurt that they must put on a blindfold and stuff their ears!

You are welcome for the attention. Good day to you, sir!

America is like if people in england cared what was happening in central russia

That's a problem. It would save time and money if you got rid of these useless wastes of money. Anybody can impose a waiting period or extended background check or anything else if they want.

Also congrats having one of the four cities (Chicago) responsible for almost all of the legitimate gun crime in the nation in spite of its draconian laws.

R U BING EYERONIK? SHITCAGO

Oh I completely agree the debate isn't a debate to me it's just brainwashed leftists shouting shit. I fucking used to be one of them for banning guns too it sells so much better. Banning guns will work out just as well as the war on drugs. Maybe we should ban pot outright instead of slowly accepting it as we are heading towards now.

Yeah I think like 50+ people died over the weekend of that shooting too. Ban assault niggers now please.

As with Mexcio, guns are runned in to C-town just to keep the assault niggers causing problems. Henry Kissinger calls this LIC (Low Intensity Conflict). It keeps the pot boiling, just like the British Empire would always use D&C.

UR mom will be alrite in the morning

Aw thanks buddy she has pneumonia and didn't sound good when I called this morning.