JIBUN WO

Code Geass is literally the best anime ever. Modern-day Shakespeare. You haven't forgotten, have you?

who?

I just finished R2 today. It was really, really awful. What the fuck, how do people like this show so much? Season 1 was alright, but R2 was absolutely terrible.

More like code gay ass lmao

Those fucking cliffhangers though.
I didn't see this when it aired but goddamn, it must have been infuriating when it first aired.

It was just fun, a holy union of CLAMP and Gundam. Complex, unpredictable, mechs, cute girls, cute boys, homolust, yuri. Code Geass had it all.

For all its flaws, it was a rollercoaster of emotions, be it at the show, or because of it.

It was better when it aired because there was a week of theory bullshit in between episodes.

R2 owned /a when it aired. General threads, post timers, captcha, none of that bullshit was around. Catalog wasn't around. 10 threads a page, 9/10 Code Geass.

I still feel like season 2 was kind of a hot mess of juggling multiple character arcs to the point where I think they rewrote more than half of the plot to work around them all, but the ending was good.

>theory bullshit
HA!
That's funny, considering how off-the-balls it goes in R2.

Should've ended at the first season, by the end i didn't even care if Lelouch was successful or not, the show became a fucking chore to watch and the second season bullshit absolutely killed the whole thing.

Who's that

Shitposting on Sup Forums memes and laughing at the hilarious bullshit was 90% of the fun as far as I'm concerned.
Especially Euphinator's day shall never be forgotten.

>10 threads a page, 9/10 Code Geass.
Now I understand why so many people hate it. Guess I'll have to add another reason to my picture:
>I've had enough of CG threads! This is Sup Forums not /cg/, goddammit!

70% of the people on Sup Forums today weren't around when Geass aired anyway.

>70%
You're being optimistic.

Nah. It's a fun anime but as the serious work of art it wants to be it's a complete failure. Crap plotting, crap drama, crap characters, crap dialogue, crap sound mixing, crap resolution, crap '''philosophy'''; it's only a masterpiece as a self-parody.

You didn't experience it with everyone else

>This is Sup Forums not /cg/, goddammit!

Yes it fucking was

What was the point of C.C. losing her memories and then regaining them a couple of episodes after like nothing

Was it when she turned into a servant girl again?

I think it had something to do with being depressed over not letting herself die by the Emperor.
If I remember correctly anyway.

c.c has a tad bit of autism so she decided to lock herself up in c's world for a bit after she realized she would rather forgo her contract that was going to kill her so she could stay with lelouch instead.

I mean,that's understandable but it honestly just felt like an excuse for cutesy bullshit

not that I mind that much , it was cute

I had to dig really fucking deep in my folders to find this image

Wow, fuck you PB. Making me save shit.

Honestly, most the reason I didn't drop it near the end was so I can participate in the shitposting when Lelouch of the Resurrection comes out. Despite my feelings on R2, I'm really looking forward to that.

Why did they keep changing the OP? JIBUN WO was the best thing the show had going for it, and every OP after was worse than the one before, with the exception of R2 OP 1, which was pretty good.

This might be a surprise, but very few anime are all that good by literary or cinematic standards. Of those that are, most are films. Most anime are good in the same way live-action TV shows in America are "good." No one thinks Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad are masterpieces of cinema, just very enjoyable to watch. Code Geass is good in the same way they are.

A side-character who had one line of dialogue and a familial connection to a character from season one who had like six lines of dialogue.

I'd say Breaking Bad gets more love than standard popcorn entertainment.

Who's that character???

>I watched CG shortly after it aired
>Didn't partake in any of the threads
>Watched it alone
I loved it then and I still love it now.

Kewell, Britannian who had beef with Jeremiah after the whole Orange mishap.

That's actually a cool touch.
They both died? Because I don't remember her at all.

>watch the two first episodes
>There is already more plots holes than in every anime I've watched before

How the fuck did it become so popuplar

Tiddies and feels.

She's in action for maybe a minute before Kallen wrecks everyone.

Are the CG movies/ovas any good Sup Forums?

It's terrible. That it tries to be some pseudo-historical/tragedy is a sign of its incredible pretense. The sci-fi nonsense slapped on just makes it more laughable, and its execution is a joke.
Eureka SeveN is better, it isn't trying to fit an older genre mode, it is happy enough revitalizing its own while also being totally unique. That's just speaking of form, it's also much more intimate and passionate.
Code GAYASS would be in a worse state than E7 if it weren't for shitters trying to bring back old memes, and s3 (also a meme).

Meh. They're Meh

Obviously, but a lot of people (mostly normie weebs) like to give CG some kind of legit philosophical epic, GOAT anime status that it doesn't deserve because they buy into how it presents itself.
Also Breaking Bad is better than 99% of anime, and I don't even particularly love it.

Also if you'd really read my post I said:
>as the serious work of art it wants to be
If a show is trying as hard as CG to have the viewer take it seriously then it opens up serious critique.

Why was everyone in Code Geass so fucking TALL, LONG, and LANKY

CLAMP

Code Geass is one of the most exhilarating and gripping anime ever. Plot holes and other major flaws be damned, I don't give a fuck.

R2, I can't forgive that much but it was still incredibly energetic and exciting.

how many more recent anime are there with no source material? how is it not a popular type of anime?

Watching stuff with Sup Forums is fun.
I watched code geass when I was like 13 or so and I'm sure quite a lot of others got exposed to it around the same age. Nostalgia plays a big role in it.

It was the only way to make Suzaku light enough to do all those spinny kicks.

Geass is still my favorite anime to this day.

I'm not a fan of CG, i prefer 2D animation

It made me angry a lot, but I agree.
I don't think anything's come quite so close since.