This anime summed up college perfectly

This anime summed up college perfectly

I don't remember any debt sharking, usury, or bolshevik subversion of the social studies in tatami galaxy.

Yeah, staying alone in a small room the entire time pretty accurately described my experience.

Yeah, I dont remember people overdosing on adderall either

OP > ED

I'm not a practicer but you're just trying to be miserable.

that only happens in burgerland

except for the bolshevik subversion, I'll give you that one

Wrong.

this is false.

This anime was depressing as fuck.

They're both great.

Am i an asshole for not making any 'life long' friends in college?
I had my friendly classmates who'd occasionally wanna do something outside the norm but otherwise I'd keep to myself.

A waste of time?

I finished college just before this started airing, and I had the most disappointed feelings of longing for a time that will never be able to be repeated so that I can do it right like Watashi.

True

Are you one of those borderline-illiterate retards who says it "goes too fast"?
Is you not reading English too good, fuckwit?

It hit too close for me when the guy didn't want to lose his virginity for no reason on like episode 6. I got furious and dropped it.
I swear like 90% of that scene happened in real life for me, including the part where nothing happened and the guy ran away for some bullshit reason

Literally no anime has ever hit the mark like that. I got TRIGGERED as fuck

>trying this hard

tatami galaxy fags, everyone.

>watched TTG and NHK my sophomore year of college
>told myself there was still time for me to turn my life around and make friends
>ended up joining no clubs and making no friends or connections whatsoever by the time I graduated

Same, shit like this and Kare Kano really make me want to kill myself. /end blogpost

Really?

you know it's really easy to make friends on the internet, right?

>going to college

It's so easy. So it doesn't mean anything

>making friends with a bunch of ERPing faggots from Sup Forums

my best friends are on the internet, I've known them for years, and I'm just as close to them as I was to irl friends as a teenager. I voice chat and watch stuff with them every day. maybe your standards are just too low and you stick to messaging and forums?

>Joining college clubs
Only a minority do that were I live, and they are either sports clubs or related to classes/research. There's no campus either.

I get the feeling your standards are actually lower than mine in this scenario. As I said: Internet friends are too easy. They don't mean anything.

if you think internet friends are "easy" and "meaningless", that's why you don't have any. I spend every day talking in voice chat with people that know me better than my own family, and from personal experience I am as close to these people as the friends I had as a teenager growing up, people I spent all day every day with for months at a time. what is this magical force that makes in-person relationships "meaningful" compared to online? being able to smell them? having to spend an hour in transit to hang out? there is no logic here.

You're just delusional. Fine by me. Just know that you're coming of as insecure.

this is how you react to people who are trying to help you. hostile cognitive dissonance shield. this is why you don't have friends.

>I'm trying to help
Funny. I was just trying to help you. hostile cognitive dissonance shield. this is why you don't have friends.

>join clubs in college
>it's filled with spergs and weirdos
>frats are filled with chads and douches
Tatami sort of got the chat and weirdo part right. But in general, college clubs a shit.
Now I constantly wonder what things would be like if I had joined a club and it was actually enjoyable.

You should really fix that bad attitude user.

I'm reading this while scrolling through the threads and I gotta say that you sound like a massive fag:
>huhhhhhhhhh, internet friends are fake, everything is fake, anyone who has a different experience than i am is delusional, zetsuboushita.............................................................

Did I hurt your feelings?

I adore this series

Who are you quoting?

damn, off by one

No. You just have a bad attitude.

I literally only left my room to sit exams and teach classes. College life is a meme, what a waste of 3 years. The anime should have just been him as a shut-in the entire time.

>I don't have any friends!
>it's because I didn't try making connections in college!
>it has nothing to do with my personality!

I was just trying to help. Just because I was blunt to someone clearly needing help doesn't mean I have a bad attitude. You're just trying to fix my thought-crimes

Who are you quoting?

>literally "no u" the post
okay?

Maybe you'll see the hypocrisy that way.

>no campus

but I have friends.

what anime?

You probably confuse college with high school bub.

and you are making a living by....?

>how dare people have fun they should be miserable like me

hi-mi-zu :^)

He’s got friends, can you call them friends?

Hey! that's me!
i want to fucking die

>ran a club for two years during undergrad
never afucking gain thanks for reading my blog!

Wrong

You've convinced me!

Stop blogging, you fucks.

>starting junior year in a new college literally next week
H-how do I make my rose-colored campus life happen for sure this time, Sup Forums?

What most people complaining about loneliness here are actually looking for are meaningful real life friendships but with someone that they can share the same types of discussion and hobbies that they have on Sup Forums. Except it goes without saying they don't want the person to be the stereotype that comes with those attributes, such as a disgusting manchild with a neckbeard that is socially inept. They also don't want to put any effort of their own forward to improving themselves or finding these types of people. Not that you can blame them, the type of person that they want as a friend is on Sup Forums but they'll be redirected to /soc/ if they want companionship. You're welcome to claim otherwise but wait until September rolls around and eventually December; you'll see these types posting with more frequency because those sorts of posts are more tolerated around then. Internet friends can only do so much for you and it's much easier for them to up and disappear at the drop of a hat.

Fast food

I've never made a friend on Sup Forums, but friends I've made through other means post on Sup Forums. not suggesting to people that they should, just pointing out the fact that there are lots of people that live on the internet that are easy to communicate with and open for friendship. when someone thinks they have "failed" at making friends while they live on the internet, it just seems like someone who hasn't even put their pole in the water is complaining about a lack of fish.

someone who thinks only of what their friends can do for them isn't a good friend, and someone who disappears at the drop of a hat isn't a good friend either, nor is that really exclusive to the internet in any way.

groom yourself, turn off your mind and be a yesman to every opportunity

As a student-teacher who has broken more friendships than I tried making them in uni, I can only say that it is better to just make-up with past friends from high school and hope you can restart anew. You're bound to have to be friendly with everyone in your workplace and public life, but you do need at least 2 physical friends to actually share time with.

That's because you can't make friends with people by fucking talking over the internet. You have to experience or do shit together in real life or video games or whatever. That interaction is what creates long lasting bonds. Then you have to constantly refresh them or risk drifting away -- what I'm trying to say is human interaction is a pain in the arse.

preach it shinji

misery is already a given condition here

get out of here with your boring lives

Well no shit. But that's what makes them worthwhile.

It's mediocre. The art is the best thing it has going for it.

your own example defeats your argument, you can play video games together with people on the internet. or watch things together. in fact these are the main two things that me and my internet friends do together, and that people in extended groups do with their internet friends. with these activities that give us an excuse to hang out, just like people do in person, we form friendships and bonds that extend to talking or helping each other out, just like in person. not sure why this concept is so difficult. I think you guys aren't using voice/video communication, aren't actually doing anything with people you're trying to make friends with(proven by you thinking video games are somehow impossible to play with people over the internet), or aren't even trying to make friends in the first place.

like just visualizing the thousands of people that make up Sup Forums's subcommunities that I've met over the last decade and all of their circlejerks and friendgroups, it's as though you're trying to tell me that there's no such thing as sand when I'm standing in a desert. hell, there are generals on this very board that contradict your claim that "you can't make friends with people by talking over the internet." some of those madokafags have been parroting each others retarded crap for years now.

I dunno, I guess I'm just not good at keeping or making friendships proactively. I've had chances, sure, with people whose tastes and personalities aligned with my own against almost impossible odds but I never felt the urge to bridge the gap with them or even keep talking with them over the internet. Even over video games and voice chat.

It's almost second nature for me to favour those in my life who happen to have been acquainted with me through pure chance, despite our personalities and opinions being so different, just because of the strength of shared experience.

Jeez, I started blogging again before I realised it.

It's not really real though. Many of my supposed Internet friendships of seven years ended in about the space of a few weeks when I got kicked out of a community because someone more popular got pissed I told them to fuck off and made a concerted effort to get me removed.

That happens in real life, too.

>triggered
I don't think Sup Forums is the place for you.

Agreeing with the former argument about making friends. Talking and playing games with people online is a good way to nip loneliness in the bud. There are certain queues you miss by not meeting face to face though but making online friends helps take the edge off, plus, if you get to know them well enough, you have the option of meeting up in the future.

Even as autistic as I am, I've managed to meet several people this way and the result is that it does boost your confidence, plus it's a good way to make fast friends.

you think the internet is fake? you think interactions here lie elsewhere than the umbrella of "reality"? every time you're interacting with a digital device you are somehow throwing thousands of years of metaphysics down the toilet and breaking the barrier between sincerity and falsehood?

watching anime with someone online is the same as watching anime with someone on a couch, minus transit/shared resources/forced interaction/being able to smell and touch them. some see it as superior to in person friendship for reasons like this.

don't blame others for your failures. either you're getting banned from everywhere because you're an asshole, or the communities are garbage and it's silly to be looking for friends in such circlejerks. blaming things other than yourself for any problems you have is exactly how you find a way to not feel pressured about fixing your problems.

It had a vagina so I was at an innate disadvantage

What the fuck? Youre trolling right? It's one of the most uplifting and inspiring anime ever. Watch Tatami Galaxy then realize that life is what you make it and that if wish you had more 'true' friends then you have to put in the effort. There is no "lifelong" friend that will just happen for you. The 'rose-colored campus life' doesn't exist. Thats the point of the anime.

For bourgeoisie normalfags, sure.

Agreed. Can't beat Asian Kung Fu Generation.

Maybe if you weren't a bong STEMsperg at a factory school.

>bourgeoisie
Fuck off commie.

>calling it as it is makes you a commie
The cunts on real lives of beverly hills or whatever that thrash is are the embodiment of bourgeoisie for their age and sex. A snooty scrawny slightly above average pseud going into medical school, law school, and the like, while 'scorin' babes WEW', wasting money, gliding by through classes, and overall trying to live the 'college life', is the embodiment of the bourgeoisie for his age and sex. For females of the same age, its studying psychology, sociology, or English and having strong yet predictable political opinions and a LOT of gay friends.

what happened in this thread

Angry anons that wasted their college years.

Do yourself a favor and read Steppenwolf

that just means you had shitty friends. i had a friend suddenly stop talking to me like that too. but another net friend i became roommates with for a year in college so even if youre under the odd impression that its not real if its not face-to-face, you cant deny that being real.

>make a sticky
>blog thread is still up after 7 hours
Sasuga mods

yeah let's delete every single thread, that will make Sup Forums better!

Do you know what Sup Forums stands for?
Hint: it's not Sup Forums-talk about whatever

the Sup Forums blog threads are the most comfy though

Ronery threads are an Sup Forums staple, faggot

This. Asian Kungfu Generatiom masterrace

This is why college anime are so rare because it's the time when your life is going to shit.

Sup Forums stand for anime, and overwhelmingly the board is anime related discussion. Occasionally people veer off and discuss something else within an anime related thread, and tolerance of this is what makes Sup Forums a community instead of a spreadsheet of title and character opinions. This thread for example is one of the more amusing threads in the catalog and projects Sup Forums's culture on a couple of topics. If threads were deleted based off of the content of replies, you would see some threads on seasonals and some bait opinion threads. Even classics like asuka vs rei or sakurafish would be deleted under such a mindset. It is fortunate that there is a culture to be expressed on this board, much of the website suffers from high turnover or skeletal communities.

But for most people it's the highlight my life only became enjoyable in grad school

YOU LYING SACK OF SHIT YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS

How can one enjoy one's rose colored campus life if he's too poor to live on campus?

Honestly college has been the only educational experience I ever truly enjoyed. Before that it was being forced to go to a place I hated to interact with people I hated.

>Am i an asshole for not making any 'life long' friends in college?
Dunno, but you could come off as one.
I believe I did, even though it didn't occur to me at the time. We just, like, slipped away from one another, but when I come to think about it, it was silence on my part that made it possible to happen. Ah well.
There's still time, right? RIGHT?