Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums,

I'm not sure how many of you have to deal with fucking idiots on a daily basis, but I just had a rather large discussion with some guy on facebook about gun control. The amount of ignorance is fucking painful, but at least I shredded him into oblivion during said argument.

So Sup Forums, let's share our political argument stories. Also, gun rights thread.

I'm the red and my opponent is the blue.

bump

Anybody ever argue with someone and blow them out, or have been blown out?

Bump Bump Bump

Shamless self bump

Let's see! You said: "I agree with the ban on no fly lists."
>supporting the government's ability to add anyone at anytime to a secret, unpublished list without any public insight into what causes someone to be added or removed and literally no due process for anyone added to the list
>supporting this knowing that gun ownership is a constitutional right
>still thinking the government should be able to invalidate your most basic rights at will
It seems you are the fucking idiot after all.

Excellent point, I should have elaborated in depth about that statement. No need to be so grumpy.

I would be in support of minor restrictions such as banning those who are unable to fly safely from purchasing weapons provided there was a strict criteria signed into law about what justifies someone as a credible terror threat and that those who enforce said law fall under heavy oversight.

bumpin

this is pol, being stupidly aggressive is just how you establish your position my newfriend
that said this is kinda a dumb thread desu, we've all had political arguments, we have them here, what does your screenshot add to the discussion?

The no fly list is a meme. I know someone on it and they are the whitest pastiest Irishman I know. He's on the list because when he was there some IRA thug with the same name blew some shit up. He's still on the list and the IRA isn't even a thing anymorr

Haha gotcha, I apologize that I'm not acclimated to the social norms yet on this board.

There's been a lot of discussion about gun rights lately, and I just feel like having a conversation about it and possibly debating points that people may or may not agree on.

I try to discuss it on facebook and other non anonymous social media, but most people won't publicly debate politics. Those who do end up being individuals like this gentlemen who has clearly fallen victim to the dunning kruger effect.

Thanks for commenting though my friend, I appreciate it.

Finished it by correcting his grammer, checkmate motherfucker.

yeah during the EU ref

everyone was just saying DAS RACISSS at me when I was trying my best to put forward that argument that centralising all power in the continent in Brussels against anybody's will was undemocratic and a recipe for disaster in the long term.

They were so heavily brainwashed and as a young person I was completely outnumbered (I think something like 95% of uni students voted remain) so it looked like I was the one getting BTFO by these animals, but they got their comeuppance in the end.

I wish I knew more in depth about your friends' situation, I'd love to examine all the finer details. From what you've told me though it seems that there is some foul play. People tend to downplay their involvement in certain things. If you're saying that he's hanging out with individuals that blew up a building, there is some cause for concern lol. Also, even if the IRA wasn't still a thing, lets apply the same logic to ISIS. Just because ISIS has been effectively defeated, would it make sense to be A-OK with an ISIS fighter after the fact? Just my two cents.

Thank you for participating in the thread.

Lmao. I was debating the whole time whether or not to call him out on his horrific grasp of the English language. It was sincerely difficult to even understand what the hell his actual points were because it was practically rambling.

I try to be very reasonable with my arguments, but if somebody wants to play ad hominem nonsense with me, then they're fair game.

Go tip your fedora somewhere else, brainlet

I've had something very similar happen in college. The key is to attack them instead of playing defense for your point.

If you try to argue your point, they'll just respond with "that's racist" and other garbage. Remember, these people are dumber than shit, that's why they resort to playing the racism/sexism other ism card.

Ask them tough questions and force them to explain their side of the argument. Most of them won't be able to articulate what their point even is.

When they falter, destroy their authority by accusing them of not knowing what they're talking about (which is true by the way). If possible, make sure there are people around to see.

Think about why we trust doctors. We trust them because we assume that they know what they're talking about. They have that expert authority. It's why we trust their advice over the advice of a crackhead on the street. Destroy their authority and the argument will be won.

Also, as a quick observation to help follow up on my previous point, notice what happened after I finally decided to attack him at the end and asked him to explain why his "solution" would even work?

He had no answer, he capitulated. Use that formula to crush your political opponents.

Also, thank you for participating in the thread.

Debate me. Pick a topic and state an argument. I have some time to burn right now.

bumping for gun control/ political argument stories

I no longer engage fools in debate as they can only argue on their level, not yours. They just drag things into the dirt and spout nonsense brainwahed programmed points, unable to comprehend anything outside of their realm of intelligence

I understand the frustration. Talking with that dumbass was painful. You should always try a small debate here and there to keep up with the evolving bread and butter talking points.

Thanks for participating in the thread though.

You're a dumb faggot with a fragile ego.

Still waiting scrub.

Gentlmen, it has been a pleasure talking with some of you.

I'll see you guys around the board.

LordPolitics out!

I made my argument based on a large body of evidence. You are a joke. Go back to wherever you came from