Superhero manga

Why are japanese suerhero manga so inferior to american comic books?

Other urls found in this thread:

heatst.com/culture-wars/marvel-exec-claims-forced-diversity-female-led-comics-responsible-for-slump/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Western capeshit is literally ever only about capeshit. 99% of western comics is about super heroes or fighting crime. They have no variety.

Worse yet, there are a million canons and serializations, giving the sense that nothing is actually truly canon.

Plus if you look at some series the good and bad guys are so overpowered compared to the rest of their setting that it looks like an 8 year old wrote up fanfiction of their favorite character.

nigger please

I find it hard to find any western comics after Transmetropolitan finished

You have got to be shitting me.

Superhero comics are the lowest of all forms of media. For all the faults long-running shounenshit has, at least it keeps a semi-coherent narrative. Writers just retcon whatever bullshit they want to when they write capeshit.

Maybe a decade ago, now they're just rehashed garbage with niggers and women characters so they can appeal to virtue signalling SJW's.

Are you Sup Forumstards programmed to say same shit over and over again?

Yes, we are all the same person retard.

He's right tho

We're right. Extremely right, even.

I always felt like western comics were really lowbrow compared to Jap manga. The conflicts are built up over a whole volume and then wrapped up really quickly in the last chapter, and it's almost always just the MC punching the villain into submission. At least the Japs can write semi-satisfying fights, and there's no stupid identify politics.

Not quite Sup Forums but boy did I end up looking up to these spandex heroes rather than Western Capeshit

Doom patrol isnt too bad (morrison) and planetary (ellis) is fantastic. The tikal spin offs are good

"unsolicited opinions of Israel"

Is this the self wank thread where we euphoric gentlemen circlejerk about how much more superior asian culture is over western culture because no ess jay double u's?

I am from Poland so personally I don't give a shit. I just stated that american superheros are better than japanese ones.

I never really read western Capeshit and just stick to independent titles or ones by Image. I really recommend Charles Burns to anyone interested in pretty good allegorical tales or ones with lots of symbolism.

I have to say though I've been really enjoying DC Rebirth from what I've read. No idea whether I like or dislike the idea of it tying into Watchmen's ending but we'll see how that develops.

It's clearly obvious that you aren't a comicfag and haven't seen the shitshow that's happening in Marvel comics right now.

listen buddy, im a dense mOTHeR fucker and i cant read a comic book because there are to many words not enouigh shoot shoot i cannot stand a single word picture book big anime tit tit girl!

DC's new green lanterns are also woman/muslim.
DC has first open gay superhero.

>"The One Punch Man anime was good. Let's try picking up the manga"
>Start with issue 1
>The action is easy to follow
>The "science" is kept to acceptable levels
>Puri Puri Prisoner is funny 'cuz he's a faggot
>Fubooty is hot
>Saitama is funny

>"The Iron Man movie was good. Let's try picking up the comics"
>There are a million Iron Man comic series
>The most recent one doesn't even have Iron man
>It stars "Ironheart", a black girl who replaces Tony Stark because muh diversity
>Every character is unlikable
>SJW propaganda on every page
>The "science" is technobabble mumbo-jumbo that contradicts itself
>Sooner or later you encounter alternative timelines, reboots, resets, retcons and all other kinds of things that make it impossible to get into capeshit unless you're turbo autismo

Yeah, American comic books are so much better than Japanese superhero manga...

Not him but the last time I enjoyed anything by Marvel was when Siege and Dark Reign happened, fucking loved Norman Osborne in those events. It's all been downhill since then but I occasionally check out Moon Knight every now and then.

Are Joe Kelly's Deadpool/Spider-Man teamup book and Gwenpoole worth buying? I've had my eyes on them for a while.

You're doing the right thing user. And rebirth has been the best thing to happen to superhero comics. Almost all the DC and Young Animal titles are readible.

t. 45 yr old cape consumer

I wish there were more thunderbolts

Who are They?

Dropped Blue Beetle since I found the plot to be a mess but I liked Phage from The Posse. The only two books I'm pulling from them are Aqua Man and Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, enjoying them both but GLC took a while to find its gravitas. Since #13 though it's been an incredibly fun ride. I've been interested in Young Animal, mainly Wild Storm and Shade the Changing Girl but I'm going to at least try and read everything by that imprint.

who cares? In manga they are black and white anyway

There are many comic books because theyre popular, unlike jap shit

I know right?

what's this?

I've been following shade and would fully recommend it. I'm also pulling Aquaman and Doom Patrol.

Dropped batman because I didnt like reading about gotham boy and girl. Especially since the mythos already has some pretty exciting support characters to play with.

I'm thinking about getting GLC now that you mentioned it

>Because they're popular
Kek, Marvel's comics are barely selling (which is probably why they were allowed to become SJW central in the first place). Marvel (especially after being bought by Disney) is mostly generating revenue through its licensed movies.

On the other hand the manga market is relatively healthy.

Also
>Appeal to popularity

A currently running Marvel comic called America. You really don't want to know any more than that, trust me.

I'd suggest it and I've been catching up on GLC, just finished #20 which was a pretty interesting time travel arc. Won't spoil who comes back or what happens but there is a lot of suffering for one character.

>Marvel today
I trust you actually.

>99% of western comics is about super heroes
t. capeshit cuck
You could at least inform your self before posting stupid shit

Get Hal's book and watch this show both are underrated as fuck

This story is the most "manga-like".

Transmetropolitan

I agree, the show was actually really good

Justice League Action is pretty underrated too.

Is it about that hail hydra thing?

>this will never get more seasons

No it's a whole different thing. America is a lesbian superhero who is latino but somehow also from another dimension where she has two biological mothers.

That ivy is too cute

you sound like a fucking fool

Yeah all the character designs in the show are great. Especially the cute girls. Shane Glines does good work.

did you just assume Ironheart's gender?
>main western comics have well over 20 writers a comic
>reality warping powers is a mainstay retcon gimmick to undo a writer's mistakes
>impossible to follow unless you have autism and/or money to blow
>reboots

>Reading SJW Marvel instead of based DC Rebirth
>Iron """Man""" instead of Superman
Can't be serious.

>Try out comic
>All women look like men
>Shitty confusing ass multiverse
>Shitty ass story line that is retconned at the drop of a hat
>Plot armor is so fucking obvious and transparent niggas dont even bother to hide it
>Good anything

k

Reminder Gwenpoole is the epitome of western moe.

Let's check sales data
>Iron Man
>OPM

>not reading Gwenpool

And DC resets every couple of years nigga

>All women look like men

>Supa"I CAN PULL THE EARTH TO REWIND TIME ALSO I DIED FOR A TEN GORRILLION TIME THIS WEEK AND CAME BACK"man
>Good

Even without of of his obvious flaw, superman is a fucking boring ass hero. White bread as fuck

All-star superman is probably the only good comic for big blue

Kinda this. I really want to get in to Marvel and DC comics but the thing is that these guys have been around for so long i don't know where to start. Which issues are the shit ones I should avoid and which ones are the gems? I've loved western hero designs for a long time but never delved into the world beyond the movies.

Not even good as a poorman's substitute dead pool. Literally lel so randumb targetted at teenagers

The only good non-capeshit comic is the Sandman

heatst.com/culture-wars/marvel-exec-claims-forced-diversity-female-led-comics-responsible-for-slump/

What an embarrassing thread filled to the brim with subhuman brainlet Sup Forums tier posts

Lol. Who did panel style story telling first. Thought so.