Remember Ymir...

Remember Ymir? Remember how she seemed to have a setup for an interesting background story that would tie with the wider story's setting, a genuine romance with a character that suddenly became very important, and a complicated relationship with nearly everyone that made you question her allegiances, but instead she wound up as little more than a redshirt with a name, like Marco, but with a special ability and a boohoo sob story background that only existed to show how even more cartoonishly evil the bad guys are? Those were good times.

Other urls found in this thread:

fuku-shuu.tumblr.com/post/149011634087/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what a waste...

Ymir is too good for this show, it's quite depressing after watching season 2 knowing what's going to happen, her + Hisu really made me enjoy the show again after I thought it'd be a watch and forget until the anime got to Marley arc

A B U M

B
U
M
Good riddance, I can't stand her character

Yeah. She's really just a shitty hypocrite in the end. Maybe people can like her for that, but not me.

>permanently removing Historia's only significant character interaction right before her character arc which was, by and large, the worst arc in the entire manga so far

This is where SnK just became a waste of time to read. Didn't even like Ymir that much but why did you waste my time on her like this.

3 mistakes of S2 for an animeonlyfag:
>It was too late
>Flashbacks
>Ymir+Historia
The flashbacks were too boring, they didn't look like they were serving the plot at all and I didn't even understand what the deal with those two were. I don't even understand what Bert and the Armored dude were on about, and the show didn't even bother to tell what their point in capturing Eren was when they could've done it a long time ago. And before even giving conclusive information on any of the mysteries, they threw even more characters and even more unexplained events around at the end, like the glasses dude(Zeki..?) and that whole event with Eren shouting around and saving the day. They should've figured something out instead of turning all of the events into some sort of inside joke.

>2 of the closest people to Eren were titans
>they decide to tell him as he's walking off with his friends after just saving these retards

Why the fuck did they do it there?

>Died off screen

You just have to wait till season 3.

she will never reunite with Hisu ;_;

>interesting background story
>genuine romance
>complicated relationship with nearly everyone
This what Ymiretards actually believe.

>Ymiretards
10/10

>They should've figured something out instead of turning all of the events into some sort of inside joke.
That's the whole point user, only the warriors are in the know and they decide to withhold that information.

Now that ymir is dead Eren x historia can become real and worst girl Mikasa can be with worst guy jean

Jean deserves Mikasa.

Fuck my Tokyo Ghoul waifu died this week and now I'm reminded Ymir is gone too, why do all the best characters have to die

The only real option i cgdct

>Ymir
>best character

Historia doesn't give a fuck about Eren, Mikasa doesn't give a fuck about Jean and Eren doesn't give a fuck about anything. Eren's gonna die because Isayama is a sadistic bastard and at the most he'll put a baby in Mikasa before he goes.

No more shipping debate, back to Ymir.

Ymir had a lot of character potential that was wasted, so did Erwin, so did Bert, so did Marlowe. Isayama likes abruptly cutting things short for characters because that's how it is in the real world. Life doesn't patiently wait for you to sort yourself out, you die when you die.

That said, it makes for an unsatisfying story so yeah, fuck that.

I think it felt more acceptable for Erwin and Bert because they died in battle, compared to just vanishing into the background and dying in a random marley panel.

>Ymir or Bert
>potential
Erwin had a fully fleshed out character arc and Marlowe was a side character to begin with, even having as strong of a character as he did and a noble death on top of that was far better than most.

>at the most he'll put a baby in Mikasa before he goes.
>No more shipping debate,
EMfag detected

How can someone be so wrong in one post?

She is not a prize for your shitty self-insert.

>and the show didn't even bother to tell what their point in capturing Eren was
It did.

Someone post chinkmyr

this one?

Hnnnnnnnnnng that's the stuff

What a fugly mess. She (?) had fags?

Reiner is the only reason I'm reading current SnK to be quite honest famalam

That's because you're an asshole. Assholes can relate better to asshole characters.

Makes me wonder if there's anything else worth reading for.

Isayama's favourite characters:
Jean
Ymir
Reiner
All of them are assholes.
What did he mean by this?

You mean losers?

Only losers like them, yeah.

Did any of what happened in season 2 happen in the manga? I don't remember.

How many times has Reinah nutted in Gabis forehead?

>Jean
Back in 2013
>Ymir
kek
>Reiner
Lets hope for the best

>All of them are assholes.
Actually it seems like he likes Jean and Ymir for similar reasons. He mentioned in the guidebook that both of them speak the truth with no concern of being disliked. I guess Ymir gets a bonus, because he loves yuri.

When shows make a habit of trying to make every successive reveal bigger and more dramatic than the last, you end up with something like LOST that jumps the shark in a never-ending game up oneupmanship against itself. Throwing it out there in such a nonchalant fashion and at such an odd time demonstrates a willingness to break patterns and ignore conventions, reminding you that shit can and will go sideways even when you don't expect it.

Yes, although the flashbacks didn't happen at that time.

>Eren
>Not the final bad guy.

>the worst arc in the entire manga so far
That's rts.

Eren wasn't even mentioned.

Calm down, Hisu.

*worst guy Eren.

This.

Nah.

Why isn't he relating to Ragetard and manlet, then?

What background, she was a retard put into an idol status just because

>and the show didn't even bother to tell what their point in capturing Eren was

Did you miss the entire part where they said they were taking him to their home town and that it was because he was the coordinate which is what allowed him to command the titans?

Reiner basically cracked and legitimately thought Eren would go along with him because of their bonds as soldiers which is why Bert was surprised by him revealing their identities and why he looked shocked when Eren asked him how the hell he expected him to respond to that request.

That was one of my favorite reveals from anything in recent memory just because of how blunt and sudden it was. I can't remember any other time I've had to do a double-take while reading.

At first it seemed implausible that the eldians have had over 145 kings but if their kings are dying every 13 years then it makes

It seems too that a lot of their kings didn't life until 13 years too.

145 Fritzes*13=1885
8 Reisses*13=104
104+1885=1989
>To you, 2000 years from now.

>1820 years ago

The book was 55 years old.

Nope. Eldians were always on war.

>Don't know if it's more precise there, but it's the year (1)817 inside the walls while Grisha's dad speaks this.
That means were either currently on year 1854 or 1857 after Ymir's deal.

>ate Marcel in a forested area
>wakes up in the middle of the fucking desert
Explain this shit.

Everything about Ymir was retarded.

>Zeki
Yes, Zeki. Zeki is his name. Zeki Targaryen.

Even Chloe from Life Is Strange somehow had fags. If the lowest common denominator of any series to ever be made can have fags, even Stinkmir can.

>Targaryen
That reminds me. Is this Tybur dude Ravus or Viserys?

is it just me or do the Tyburs feel lazily added into the story for the sake of having an endgame antagonist?

Just you, they aren't even antagonists until they do something antagonizing to begin with.

>forested area
What? It always was somewhere out on a field

I miss my Sup Forums niggas here

Yes and no.

There were trees, and even if there weren't, a field is entirely different than a desert. Eldia doesn't even have a fucking desert FFS. Unless you mean to tell me Ymir ate Marcel in Marley and not Eldia.

It's okay babe, I'm still here.

>Isayama: So I would like to finish this series comfortably, release myself from the burden, and become a free person! (Laughs) In order to achieve that goal — I feel like I’m becoming more like Armin, who is capable of anything!!
>Armin, who is capable of anything!!
What the fuck is his problem?

I ragret

>being a faggot

Have no ragrets.

>casually kissing your bro is being a faggot

Maybe she didn't turn back immediately and still wandered out a little after eating him and who knows about Paradi, it's a made up island anyway.

He spends his free time jerking off to crudely drawn pictures of Reiner's smelly anus and keeps a collection of his toenail clippings. What do you think?

sauce on that.

fuku-shuu.tumblr.com/post/149011634087/
Last paragraph.

It's Jaime Lannister.

>Armin, who is capable of anything
Except being likeable.

Where's Cercunt, then?

Then his sister going to cuck him with Eren

Does Isayama actually think Shitmin is likeable? Because no one from EMA is likable.

YOU WILL KNOW THAT YOU'RE REBORN TONIGHT

>had twice the number of votes on a favorite character poll than Shitkasa

He is likable. He has a great personality. It's just that jealous neckbeards in /snk/ project their inferiority onto him.

>It's just that jealous neckbeards in /snk/ project their inferiority onto him.
More like landwhales having shit taste.

It's just the worst when Isayama's so proud of being delusion like Armin's some perfect being. I fear for the manga's sake because of how low he would go to try and make Armin look good.

>t. fedora

Fucking hell

There is still some hope as that one is a year old and Isayama can change his mind.

The ending is most likely going to be shit, if Isayama is this deluded about what people think is written as likable.

He does, and it's delusional. Eren's got some likable aspects and Mikasa's got the waifu factor but Armong's irredeemable trash.

t. dumblrwhale

>no you
Smells like Ieddit.

Not even close and I'm just saying how it is.

He, honest to God, thinks that Armin's fat pig nose is cute. He makes it a point. It makes me feel like puking my guts out.

When did he say that?

Most recent guidebook when talking character designs.

>being this jealous over lines on paper
Get a hobby that doesn't include jerking it to your waifu (a shit).