Hunter x Hunter is different from any shounen

>Hunter x Hunter is different from any shounen
>Togashi is a good writer
>see this
please explain

The Properties!

O

I'm glad garbaggio threads like these are prime for deletion

But his Rubber Nen has both the Properties of Gum and Rubber?

How is this worse than Alluka?

MY

this is pretty stupid

Eh, it could be worse. It could've been Bleach.

RUBBEN

NER

Still not worse than Pariston pulling that stunt in election

Explain what's wrong with it without using memes.

this

>Demonstrably strong and capable nen user
>Knows nen can strengthen in death
>"If it doesn't work, I'm dying anyway"
>"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssspppppuuuuuuulllllllllllllll" for 10 years
Truly you fuckers are comprised of meme and have no conception of fucking double standards

Eh, Pariston was at least hilarious (and had little to no consequences anyway). It's like Mayuri in Bleach, what he did was as asspullish as the rest of the manga, but it was ridiculous in a fun way.

This, in a universe where beings can great wishes and people can create powers with specific abilities with some restrictions anything is possible.

Why do some HxH fans try to act like their series isn't a shounen?

Unless you're referring to the fujoshits, literally no one thinks this.

O MY REPEATING DIGITS

Have you read the recent chapters? Or even Chimera Ants?

I stand corrected to this fag , my apologies.

While it tries to appear darker than the rest of the bunch, it's still all about 'Friendship, Effort and Victory' like in SJ motto (and redemption which is a big theme of th most successful titles there). And it's still mostly uplifting. What I liked about CA arc the most is that it both felt like a battle shonen and like an actual war.

As an asspull "O MY" is pretty good. It sets things up for a deeper story, bad asspulls are just here to make a hero/vilain more powerful and that's it. Now we get to see Chrollo cry some more and all the twisted way Hisoka will find to crush those insufferable spider

I wouldn't expect any reading comprehension from most people here. They can only take sides and communicate using memes. But yeah, "O" was not an asspull at all, in any case it was a desperado move that paid off.

>It's still about 'Friendship, Effort, and Victory'

Not really - not the later arcs, anyways. Yorknew was about the desolation of vengeance. CA arc's themes were focused on the nature of humanity, and I'm guessing the DC arc - the boat portion at least - is going to be about family (love?) and qualities of what makes a good ruler (all the princes tidily compartmentalize different guiding philosophies, levels of experience, empathy, and intelligence).

Honestly, HxH seems to be more interested in exploring the moral nature of powerful people in a doggy-dog world and how it affects those around them than the traditional shonen themes of friendship and social solidarity.

I am more concerned about people who think it's a high quality shounen, while it struggles to remain top 10 in its own magazine.

Popularity doesn't equal quality

>barely 10 chapters a year
That's literally why its not the most popular

I'm sure scribbles for drawings, walls of text and long hiatuses don't equal quality either.

So one piece and naruto are high quality shounen?
Bleach was considered a high quality shounen at one point?

>nen that gets stronger AFTER DEATH
>CPR that works AFTER DEATH
Pick one, you retarded fucks. CPR only works on people who are on the verge of death, it doesn't work on someone who is actually dead, which means his nen couldn't have acted by itself or gotten stronger. So which one is it ?
>inb4 muh HxH universe is special it's magic, I don't have to explain shit
His nen is literally rubbery, that's all. It has no magical proprieties that could revive him after he died. It's an asspull, get over it already, pick up a biology book.

O

I agree this was complete shite and it'd have been much better if Hisoka just actually died there. But I guess he had to power up the gay murder clown so he can become a truly degenerate fiend even when Gon, Killua, etc are monsters themselves.

Gon killing the weird androgynous cat was also kinda shitty IMO. On the other hand, this current HxH arc on the ship with Kurapika is fucking lit and I'm really down to see the catastrophe unfold. The main characters in HxH are the worst characters.

>"Hunter x Hunter has amazing world building!"
>we still don't know what the fuck a hunter is supposed to be exactly

What do HxH fans mean by this?

It literally restarted his heart. It could do that BECAUSE it was just rubbery.

Because they're faggots.

>cpr

Why do you hxh fags make the same exact general every day?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

We jojo now

>Yorknew was about the desolation of vengeance.
Yorknew was about friendship's victory over it. Pretty standard in shonen.
>CA arc's themes were focused on the nature of humanity
Still, it was focused on friendship in a big way whenever Killua, Ikalgo or Knuckle were involved. It also had mini-training arc, for obligatory determination/hard work stuff. And while I think manga himself claims it about humanity, I think it was much more about love than anything else (though you could argue it's just that big component of humanity),

>we still don't know what the fuck a hunter is supposed to be exactly
Hunt

Why ? I don't watch jojo.

>Yorknew was about friendship's victory over it. Pretty standard in shonen.
Shit. You're trolling right ? Yorknew was one of the best arc in the history of manga.

Look at how retarded clownfags are. The fact that you completely missed my point is fucking astonishing, you are actually mentally challenged, holy fuck.
You can't restart the heart of someone who is dead, you inbred mongrel. You can restart the heart of someone who is dying, I've already said that in my first reply but you are clearly too dumb to get that.
So he wasn't actually dead, this means his nen couldn't get stronger or act by itself since that only happens after death. This is an asspull, you can stop with the mental gymnastics now.

Which doesn't change the fact that friendship vs revenge was the theme of this arc. And Kurapika's character in general. It was handled well, but it's pretty standard theme nonetheless.