I'm gonna try and star a discussion here, but i think i'm gonna fail because i'm not eloquent enough...

I'm gonna try and star a discussion here, but i think i'm gonna fail because i'm not eloquent enough. The first thing that's gonna happen if this thread doesn't get ignored is that i'm gonna be told to "go back to Sup Forums" by some retard.

But guys, i think that, thanks to jordan peterson i finally understood some of evangelio 2.22, and i wonder if anyone has any more insight to it.
I had already realized how original eva was about connection between people and the difficulty of understanding each other fluffed among all that symbolism. But now i just watched 2.22 again and saw sense in it's symbolism, the hero, the dragon of chaos, the individualism, love, desire to be loved. I think it all becomes pretty obvious in the final scenes and then the credits song is hammering it in for dummies. then the after scene happens and 3.33 comes and i don't know what

There's only one thing you need to understand about any Rebuild movie: it's shit.

fate denied you trips because you just missed the point of the thread.

The only argument people have against 3.0 is that the characters treated shinji in an annoying and nonsensical way.

Because 95% of people who watch NGE project themselves into the character that is Shinji, after Shinji was thrust into a situation where people were treating him poorly, unfairly and nonsensically, they were personally hurt and confused. They felt betrayed by all of their favorite characters, and were confused why they would treat him in such a way.

This is how 3.0 is an absolute masterpiece. Just as 2.0 successfully pulled you through a comfy world of girls and overcoming obstacles and made you happy and comfortable, 3.0 just as successfully pulled you into a world of pain and confusion, precisely what Shinji was feeling during 3.0. It is a magnificent achievement in art that people feel exactly what the main character is feeling while the main character is feeling it, the sense of confusion and pain that Shinji is feeling is 100% projected onto the viewer.

Juveniles are unable to separate themselves from the perspective of Shinji and look at Hideaki's artwork from the outside, so they turn their pain and confusion into dislike, aka cognitive dissonance(what christians feel when they see literature on natural selection).

This is why an experienced palate understands the magnificent piece of art that 3.0 is, and the difficult task that it has achieved of pulling you directly into the feelings of the MC.

What the fuck are you talking about? Why do you try to see things where there are not?

EVA was not made by some hipster who takes a shit on a canvas and calls it art, it was made by a self hating otaku hack who planned to draw cool and edgy shit. The biggest symbolism you'll find is Shinji wants to fuck his mom.

I really like how you put an arrogant tone into the truths you just wrote, guaranteed replies and nice content within the text reminds me of eva.
Now that i can see better i need to rewatch 3.0 and 1.0 and old eva.
It's a bittersweet feeling, seeing hidden meaning, not sure why.
You're very wrong, but i have a very difficult time explaining how. That self hating otaku understands his self hate, at least subconsciously, and put his fears and anguishes into his "edgy shit". And in the new movies there is some good feelings too, i wonder if his depression waned with age.

I wondered if reception to the tread was due to slow traffic, but no, it's just that nobody cares and it's reached the bottom already.

Dude, your english is painful to read.

Tell me more about it, i'm not good with my own language either, so i value useful critiques.

No capital letters
You aren't using connectors
Using it's instead of its
Incorrect use of verbs

>i'm gonna be told to "go back to Sup Forums"
You should go back to Sup Forums.

I'm not actually from there

Interesting.
In my language capital letters are just for the start of new sentences and names, i see that i forgot that in names back there. Is it different in english?

>connectors
Maybe it's the way i'm thinking in my language and translating to enlgish, can you give me examples?

>it's instead of its
Big mistake there.

>incorrect use of verbsC
an you give me examples?

It's readable, but you seem to have picked up a lot of bad habits from the idiots on the other boards.

Anyway, 2.0 is about refuting all the various idiots who think you could fix the personal dynamics and problems between the characters with just a few changes. Shinji is more confident, Asuka is more honest about her feelings, even Rei is more outgoing (ever so slightly), but things end up poorly not just in spite of these changes, but because of them.

Capital letters are for the start of any sentence, proper nouns, and the letter "I" if used as a pronoun.

>In my language capital letters are just for the start of new sentences and names, i see that i forgot that in names back there. Is it different in english?
Son, why the hell are you on Sup Forums when you don't even understand the basics of English? Are you truly stupid like that?

>but because of them
You think so?

>Capital letters are for the start of any sentence, proper nouns, and the letter "I" if used as a pronoun.
Weird.
Oh no, i can't even read what the fuck you just wrote there! It's as bad as moon runes! What the fuck am i writing!?

Shinji triggers Third Impact because he wants to rescue Rei, not because he has a mental breakdown. Even when he's brought back, all he can do is think about rescuing her.

Personally, I subscribe to the sequel theory, and that's why. It's like the characters learned a lot from their time in the series, but fate had other plans.

Sequel? How?

You make good points but the problem isn't just that, there are more unsolved questions that get brought up and the preview to 3.33 was something completely different and destroyed people's expectations.
Things like the failures of infinity, the vessels of the adams, all that stuff that could have been answered and explained in mote depth is taken away with Shinji working on psyncing up with Kaworo.
Then when he does explain things at least a little bit they either: explain with more cryptic nonsense, or when shinji asks what going on he gets called an idiot and said to take his punishment like a good boy.
You are right that people look to themselves as shinji in this point of view, because anno starts talking down to the viewers like they should know this shit already.

Actually Anno was a hipster by definition. He chose to name it this because it sounded complicated. He uses all this symbolism to make things complicated but gave them completely different meaning with out actually knowing it all.
None the less he was a successful hipster.

>Just as 2.0 successfully pulled you through a comfy world of girls and overcoming obstacles and made you happy and comfortable, 3.0 just as successfully pulled you into a world of pain and confusion, precisely what Shinji was feeling during 3.0.

Literally who?

He's talking about how the original series is connected to the movies. That after when shinji stops the human instrumentality project everything goes back to rebuilding itself and everything starts all over again but with different variables. Such as the water being stained with blood already at the begining of movie 1.11 and the MP eva land marks already marked, and the moon already stained with blood.

Not that user, but I think his meaning was that the audience was supposed to feel angry and annoyed by this movie because it was designed too.
I for one don't agree, because you would just push people away and only hard core fans would want to continue these movies.

Oh, interesting.
I wonder how many cycles of hell Shinji has to go through before a decent world happens.

So Eva has turned into Groundhogs Day? Wonderful.

Well thanks to that theory shinji is on the fourth.
Due to the 4th coffin Kawuro wakes up from in the first movie.

Except the groundhogs day is more of humans existence or at least before the 2nd impact. If anything, the repeat could be traced back to the either 2nd impact or it has something to do with Mari's creation.

Just finished 3.33, fucked up and don't really know where else to post but god I hope 4 can be some kind of happy end

Fuuuck, it makes some sense.

This time though the time line changes in subtle ways in the latest iteration. Like for example Gendo and SEELE becoming allies instead of trying to kill each other, Misato trying to prevent intrumentality and Asuka actually being a good person and a decent pilot.

Well no, I mean things that happened in the last time line stuck around in the new time line. Like world covered in blood and shit like that.
What I mean is that the world keeps staying fucked up little by little every time shinji hits the redo button.
However that doesn't mean people aren't effected as you pointed out.

Eva isn't about happy endings, especially the backlash Anno got from the last 2 episodes in the series.
You would have to look to the manga for that, and it pretty much did what ever manga does when the MC reaches devinity.

The sea water is red. There's a blood stain on the moon. The longinius lance is already on the moon.
Kaoru flatout says "this time I'll make you happy."

It's quit obviously a sequel.

I wonder what fujoshi really though about 3.33 because I was only annoyed about GAY PIANOS.

Yeah, there are some things that stick around but the time line cannot change too significantly. "Grandfather Paradox" specifically, but Shinji as the observer to the timeline has the potential to make subtle changes to it enough to cause a rock. Just maybe he can stop the loops as well.

NGE is trash and the movies are trash. Watch Eureka SeveN instead and stop being a pseud.

What? Can you repeat this because I have no idea what you are saying.

That series just didn't work for me, felt like they dragged that shit longer than needed.

I think that user is trying to say if fujoshi liked 3.33 with the kawoshin fan service?

Oh, well I am curious what makes up the majority of eva fans. I don't think it's the fujou fans.

You really didn't understand it, then. It's honestly perfect.

Ever notice that the plot from first contact to the final scene after the climax is paralleled in the second cour, where Eureka attempts to return, to their incredible re-meeting at the end of the second cour? That is, after conflicts with the alien invaders, humanity leavesEarth and is in diaspora for 10,000 years, only to return to the same planet and become re-accustomed to it, its changes, and the once-alien species that has totally become symbiotic with the planet, and eventually, after the planet is nearly killed, accepting it; to Renton leaving Eureka after her 'accident', going through his own changes as she does hers, and reuniting through conflict, again accepting each other fully after difficulties cooperating.

The implications of that parallel are massive in the series' ecology and existent ecology.
It's a genius series that works in incredibly subtle ways, but seems so obvious when it comes to light. This detail is just something that came to me last night. I've been studying this series for a long time, and never fail to figure out something new.

NGE is blank, void, and dull. It's a mess filled with meaningless symbolism and misinterpretations of bad psychology. Whatever 'religious symbolism' present in E7, especially the Christian symbolism, is not just sparse in comparison, but is so much more relevant, insightful, and thought-out.
Nothing ever has and never will top this series.

Why couldn't it be happy? I actually thought EoE was relatively happy depending on how you depict it. Rebuild is pretty fucked so I'm just hoping that there is something like a light at the end of the tunnel.

>You really didn't understand it, then. It's honestly perfect.
Not to offend you but right there is where you are inccorect. Perfection would mean everyone would feel the same way as you but be able to express it differently.

See that series felt like it dragged on too long. I get that you like the series and how you correlate the Main characters to the world around them. This isn't the first time an anime does this, in fact it's used a lot in many other mediums. Series lile blue gender does the same style but in dofferent steps. Thats just one. However, the length of it all simply was dragging that on for too long.
In the end they padded the amount of time plus the character growth is too subtle that Renton doesn't seem to change at all from when he joined to when he returned.
Call the series what you will but i don't agree.

Shinji is a character that suffers and likes to suffer where he is, he's affraid of things getting worse by taking a chance to make things better.
With eva as a series, it likes to fuck everything up, that's what made its impact so strong. A happy ending at this point would be considered a cop out

Honestly, I would have prefered some kind of resolution to Asuka and Shinji's character arcs and their "relationship" in some fashion, it left it on a major cliff hanger and didn't address several key issues... one of them being both of them want to kill each other.

That's not what perfection means, that's a meme definition. People can, in fact, be mistaken. Relativism was a mistake.
The length was fine. Mecha series are traditionally four cour.
>In the end they padded the amount of time plus the character growth is too subtle that Renton doesn't seem to change at all from when he joined to when he returned.
How is this a flaw in writing or execution? Stupid people won't understand. Dead people won't understand. Nothing I can do about that.
>in fact it's used a lot in many other mediums
I didn't claim this, in fact I know for certain that I read and such much more than you. I used it example of something massive that I just figured the other night. I see that the implications of this go over your head. Don't worry, this series solves the problem of deep ecology and predates the ideas and themes of later contemporary ecology. Timothy Morton almost embodies this series.
Also, the parallel is much more elaborate and relevant than you seem to think (expected of ESL).

'it was dragging on for too long' isn't a criticism. Try again.

I mean it doesn't have to be sunshine and rainbows, but I think also part of what at least left such a big impact on me was that even through all of the honestly fucked up shit that happened was that there was still hope. That seemed to be the message that I got, hope. and I feel like if, through all this struggle, the only outcome is further failure, then a good part of the original message is also lost in the same sense as if everything was wrapped up happy and neat. I enjoyed EoE a fucking lot because if these reasons, things sucked but there were small victories won in the end,

oh also, of course it goes without saying that my experience is only my own so I know that what I am saying is probably bullshit to the majority of people, but I do think that things could wrap up happy and still be as impact, if in a different way.

>That's not what perfection means, that's a meme definition.
Bro don't be that guy. That does mean perfection, if it's perfect everyone can walk away agreeing on the same thing about the series.

>How is this a flaw in writing or execution? Stupid people won't understand. Dead people won't understand. Nothing I can do about that.
It shows lack of confidence in the viewer to take everything in when explained the first time and not being able to space out episodes accordingly to finish the series in the specific episode time frame they gave themselves.
>I didn't claim this, in fact I know for certain that I read and such much more than you. I used it example of something massive that I just figured the other night. I see that the implications of this go over your head. Don't worry, this series solves the problem of deep ecology and predates the ideas and themes of later contemporary ecology. Timothy Morton almost embodies this series.
>Also, the parallel is much more elaborate and relevant than you seem to think (expected of ESL).
>'it was dragging on for too long' isn't a criticism. Try again.
Ok now I see you are just being a dick when some one disagrees with you and shows you have issues with people who don't agree with you.
I was doing my best to come off as respectful and all you did was return in spitefull comments.
Learn to take your time reading the comments instead of making this personal.

When I mentioned those mediums you were previously pointing out what makes that series the best, in which it didn't do anything much difference to the one I mentioned.
If you want to actually talk about it then I would be happy to, buy if you want to just turn this into an insulting match of egos then you are on your own.

I'm being spiteful because you're incredibly dense and have a poor grasp of English. You don't want to listen, you want to make the false and widely claimed pseudocriticism that it is 'slow'. Nobody that actually knows the series well thinks it is 'slow'.

The thing is Shinji was given many chances to turn things into a good ending
And yes there maybe a way to make it a good ending and be impact full, but would it still be believable?
Shinji has opportunities to become better and learn from others but as you saw its not his character. He fights against everything that can change him for the better because he feels he is fine the way he is and it's the world that needs to change. In 2.22 and 3.33 the world does change and it's not for the better, in a sense people were tired of shinji's shit and they changed buy not the way shinji would want but what shinji wanted to believe how everything was before.

Ok, none of that happend here, someone just disagreed with you. You lost your temper and even then when you made counter argument you pull this "I know more about anime than you" bullshit. So really you get offended when some challenges your authority over something so meaningless as this. You read in to the comment so wrong you really thought I was mocking you.

I wasn't talking about anime. I factually know MUCH more about this series than you, or probably anyone. That being said, I know virtually nothing about other parts of the franchise but most of that is irrelevant anyway.

I didn't think you were mocking you, I just think you're stupid.
>meaningless
This series is far from meaningless. It's endlessly important.

I mean seriously you responded so poorly to me who said "that series didn't work for me"
And how I felt it wasn't that good. You then reeeeeeeee into your anger mode like some autistic man child would.

Still no actual criticism.

>I didn't think you were mocking you, I just think you're stupid.
How was that grasp on that English language go again?
This post proves you can't handle shit outside your norm it shows you are actually autistic.
I wouldn't call some one stupid when they literally used the words "meme definition."

There really wasn't one to begin with, all I said it's not the series for me. If anything you have this victim complex over your favorite series that if anything negative is even mention you sperg out.

Upset ESL.
'meme definition' is not stupid, parts of language are memetic. This is a serious area of research. A 'meme definition' is a definition that self-replicates despite being inapt or wrong.
'not for you' isn't a criticism though, so why do you keep responding? Also, you tried to make a criticism, but it did not work out.

>'meme definition' is not stupid, parts of language are memetic. This is a serious area of research. A 'meme definition' is a definition that self-replicates despite being inapt or wrong.
It is when you use it as a fallback to something you just simply disagree with you and there is no actual thing called a meme definition. It's either the defined word or not. Not this immature way to close the argument. >not for you' isn't a criticism though, so why do you keep responding? Also, you tried to make a criticism, but it did not work out.
No shit it wasn't critism, you get that now? I wasn't critisizing it at first until you proceed to act like an autistic child, the I showed critism and I know my critism would never work on you because you are so autistic anything out of your norm is rejected anyways. I mean you insult people because of their English then fuck up yourself. I responded because you took the post the wrong way and not only that ignored the part where I said not to offend you, because you are so easily triggered.
Even then you haven't given a counter argument to my critism here and continue to just insult me.

Even if critism is given its useless because you simply ignore like the autistic child you are. So really you can fuck off with your series, and if thinking that you know more about anime is a strong trait, you are dead wrong. In fact it's not a trait to be proud of.

Why do you keep saying I'm triggered when you clearly are.
Just get off the board already you newcancer and find a 'good' subreddit to self-pleasure on.

Because of all this
Because of all this text vomit.
You've proven you are the problem, you jump into a thread that had nothing to do with your series and flip out. You are the cancer that you so lovingly spit out.

>text-vomit
Not at all
>nothing to do with your series
Wrong. It's not like you idiots don't accuse it of being a clone or anything.
Read the new sticky, also.

>Wrong. It's not like you idiots don't accuse it of being a clone or anything.
>Read the new sticky, also.
When did any one do that? Here is where you jumped in, jesus you got some victim complex or something because no one was even mentioning it until you showed up, I haven't done anything against rules here so I think you need to reread the sticky.

>thinking anno isn't capable of trying to push his fanbase away

I don't think he is because they keep coming back to him like an abusive boy friend.

oh no! extensive discussion! how retarded!

I didn't say anybody said it here, I said that it's a general claim.
The sticky discourages stickies or confining a thread to one topic or series. Related content is still relevant.
You're a pissed ESL that is reading a bit too into my posts despite barely being able to read.

didn't say he could succeed.

About what? It was nothing but insults about, not about the topic at hand. Projecting much?
You did exactly that. Now you are a hypocritical autistic child. >I didn't say anybody said it here, I said that it's a general claim.
You never said this, you make this up in your head, I never said that it was a clone, I never said anything about it other than I didn't like it, they padded the series with more than they needed and I explained why. All you have done was change the topic from the anime to your anime to just insults back and forth. You even admit you are spiteful over nothing then claim it has to do about something that was never said in this thread. You got butt hurt over a concieved notion that we call it a clone when that was never said.

Nothing wrong with insults against somebody who doesn't want to listen or actually make a valid criticism instead of just claiming that 'its too long'
>You never said this
Yes I did, ESL-kun. See, our advanced and civilized language allows us to imply and infer meaning completely indirectly.

>Nothing wrong with insults against somebody who doesn't want to listen or actually make a valid criticism instead of just claiming that 'its too long'
It is when they do make valid ones and since you had no counter argument to it means that I am correct in that point.
It also proves when challenged you act like a child when some one disagrees with your "anime expert" opinion.
>Yes I did, ESL-kun. See, our advanced and civilized language allows us to imply and infer meaning completely indirectly.
No you didn't, all you did was accuse people in this thread about a series no one mentioned here but you. You shouldn't talk about civil discourse when you are so incapable of doing it yourself.

For some one who thinks others are memeing you do it a lot.

You are still really bad at reading. Maybe if I repeat myself you'll reach a 5th-grade level.

So you can't make your case.

I did in my second post you brazilian

No you didnt, you only made an autistic screech of a response when I says off handed said the series is not for me.
Not only that you didn't prove my further critism wrong all you said it's not critism because you said so.
You want to talk about reading, reread the thread. Lurk more, instead of freaking out cuz some one didn't like your forvorite anime.

bro you are screeching more autistically than anyone else I can see here

Right, because I was the one who brought up eureka 7.

>ESL-kun misreads posts and then claims others are autistic

>did it first but let's hope my memeing can save first
>oh and claim that user was memeing first before me too

>I didn't mean what I said I ment in general

No you
This thread

gib mis monies pl0x

1.0 is okay , but 2.0 is fanservice pandering trash, and 3.0 is literally nothing

It was worse than nothing, it was shit we didn't want more of.

No, its not even shit. Its nothing. Nothing happens in this movie and nothing makes sense. Its just intro to 3.0+1.0 that was stretched out to be a movie.

Got some good fighting scenes for 2% of the movie

Well, its just feels like intro sequence to a video game where you got all of your powers and devs give you cool party member(Kaworu), but your party member dies, you are stripped out of your power and the game finally begins(except that at this point the movie ends). This is weird feeling i got from watching it.

That's about right yeah.

The Rebuilds are just a cash grab user

Asuka Langley Soryu falls in love with Shinji Ikari.

Unable to confess, she is gifted with by a deus ex machina with Shinji's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, she immediately calls him, and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on her as well.

But, the next day, when she recounts the previous day's confessions to Shinji, he only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, she finds out that the boy he called is not the same boy he fell in love with. In fact, he doesn't exist in this universe at all. He is Shinji's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with Asuka's own AU self, Asuka Shikinami Langley, who is perfectly aware of his crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, THIRD IMPACT ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the KIMOCHI WARUI.

I've been watching a lot of Jordan Peterson's lectures myself recently. I would pay serious money to see him analyze Eva

I'd rather have Slavoj Zizek do an analysis than Peterson.

>The only argument people have against 3.0 is that the characters treated shinji in an annoying and nonsensical way.
>Because 95% of people who watch NGE project themselves into the character that is Shinji, after Shinji was thrust into a situation where people were treating him poorly, unfairly and nonsensically, they were personally hurt and confused. They felt betrayed by all of their favorite characters, and were confused why they would treat him in such a way.

Go the fuck back to Evageeks, there is plenty wrong with 3.0 and Rebuild in general apart from it's butchery of the characters by giving nonsensically cruel attitudes

For example:
>CGI usage is even more egregious
>The psychological or artful sequences (Shinji-post Fuyutsuki shogi game / piano duet) are much less creatively and artistically done than they were in the original series and lose their impact
>the climax battle is great in terms of action, but what is actually occurring is a total clusterfuck of deep lore terminology that will likely never get an explanation of what and why things are happening like they are
>Mari still has no reason to exist and saw zero development this movie
>the fucking curse of Eva "we gotta keep the girls teens" figure sales cop-out

The protagonist of humble but secretly grander origin arriving to combat a monster from the sea and receiving a monster's power was supremely Campbell's shit.

That's what i thought too.
>zizek
I have never seen he analyze any piece of media, i don't know much about him.

>tfw Kaworu is so OP they have to kill him off before he can do anything or act seriously