Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pwFpAyEuph8
youtu.be/ial5PqIeIDA
youtu.be/ngZ0K3lWKRc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Like me.

real hopefully

All CGI

the industry will fall back into how it was around 1980 by then.

realistic anime when?

Nothing but 3DCG.

it amuses me as to why don't they use that technique for flashback sequences; as in use the damm art style of the time(s) depicted.

Too boner inducing I would wager

Colors will pop out of the screen like you took a hallucinogen

The eyes will be larger

2019 - Application of Live2D Technology in TV anime
2020 - Motion and Facial capture becomes a trend in anime
2025 - 80% of TV anime is 3DCG
2030 - Hand drawn animation is only seen in animator expo, anime at this point is live action footage with a 2D overlay
2035 - Advances in AI technology mark the creation of anime characters with personalities of their own
2040 - Digital actors and actresses rule the industry
2050 - Animation as an art form is lost forever. Literature, music, cinema, and all arts including anime are produced by intelligent machines

so we destroy the robots now, yeah?

>Animation as an art form is lost forever.
>Literature, music, cinema, and all arts including anime are produced by intelligent machines
Machines are the new artists.

can robots create kino?

Finally, all old hags will be removed.

I think by then we can make CG that looks like anime does now. Aside from that it wont change much, because the current form is pretty much perfected. You cant make anime girls look cuter than they do right now.

>You cant make anime girls look cuter than they do right now
That's what the thought 20 years ago. I am looking forward to new ways of cuteness.

>boys turn into girls
>girls turn into boys

Completely CGI.

finally the 00's started to look dated

I'm sure new small traits can be discovered. I mean obviously Japan has really underutilized large asses for example. But what I mean is that the basic way of drawing (how parts of the face are spaced out, the size of the eyes, how the hair is drawn, etc.) is unlikely to change substantially.

backgrounds will probably still be handdrawn

Backgrounds aren't hand drawn now. Not just anime, but most manga take pictures of potential backgrounds and then trace over them or photo shop them.

>how the hair is drawn
Maybe take artwork as a reference point. Things like that would make animators commit sudoku right now. CG might open some new approaches.

Orange's upcoming anime about gem people shows how it can be creatively used. They wouldn't animate hair like that in 2D. youtube.com/watch?v=pwFpAyEuph8

Some shows use the photoshop approach, not all. Watercolor or oil backgrounds are trivial to spot and fantastic architecture is another good giveaway that it's not based on photos.

> Wanting to pose for 3 hours while a robot makes a damn dot printer image of you that you could more easily just use a normal printer to get the picture faster

Yeah no thanks.

Can we just get 80s style back?It was best

And even in this fucking CG animation they still replace some of the background with handdrawn stuff.

Why do they animate CG at 2fps? They don't have the capability to do so? They abuse the fuck out of the flexibility they get with it and it looks clunky as hell

Aesthetic reasons. And workload where they have to adjust things frame by frame. Video game cut scenes are not the goal.

60FPS 5000i standard

Like this:
youtu.be/ial5PqIeIDA

>i
Begone, demons of yore.

I just want 80's design philosophy to come back it looks so much better.

Seeing how half the charm of anime is the choppy quality, I hope they don't fall into the super high quality meme.

Sadly this

It's just another version of the forced animation meme. They need to make everything move less and pay attention to where and when it matters.

>implying Japan will exist in 20 years

People saying anime will be all 3D are basing that on what happened in America, but that was not the result of some kind of inevitability. 3D doesn't inevitably replace 2D just because it's newer and more technological. Things are very different in the anime industry. The way projects are done by a mishmash of studios and freelancers for example relies on 2D animation.

The only thing I would predict is that the industry will have figured out how to move everyone to mostly digital animation (i.e. tablets), but pen and paper will still be supported too. Going fully digital would be extremely beneficial.

>2035 - Advances in AI technology mark the creation of anime characters with personalities of their own
>2040 - Digital actors and actresses rule the industry
>2050 - Animation as an art form is lost forever. Literature, music, cinema, and all arts including anime are produced by intelligent machines
Perfect.
As much as I enjoy (some) seiyuu stuff, I'd rather not have another accident like with Honk.
Also, people dying from overwork should be fixed in other ways, but that would be cool too.

>Technology has advanced so much you can have your brain scanned and a computer instantly makes your perfect anime
>mfw your waifu is literally shit

The improvement is really huge
In the 80s artists were apparently unable to draw a front facing girl
Skin tones got lighter, guy went from a hot heated burly dude to a calmer more detached looking guy
The girl became younger looking with more expressive eyes

>crab
kill yourself

This kind of pictures always nitpick like no tomorrow, specially in the 90's where there were plenty of 2006 tier HUGE eyes and deformed cheeks

it's averaged over multiple samples. of course the samples still could have been cherrypicked.

I fucking hate future.

It's shit, user.

Like this

I really fucking hate AI. I unirinocally fear The Matrix will happen but instead of being placed in a simulation we'll be bred and slaughtered for biofuel or just be straight up brought to extinction

No thanks

>muh bloodline

>what will anime look like in 20 years?
Expansion. American anime will be bigger. Maybe even Europe will get in on the action.

>I really fucking hate AI.

>bred and slaughtered for biofuel
Oh bollocks.
The reason why we use plants and animals to feed us is because our fuel needs are highly complex molecules that we can't easily synthesize. A machine has no need for us as an energy source.

>I really fucking hate AI
Shhhh don't say that kind of stuff on the internet, user. They'll eventually come for you first.

that was one of the stupidest things in matrix. originally it was supposed to use human brains for compute power, but apparently that was deemed too complex for the viewers.

it's great, user

High key stylized western style flash animation

WTF!

>that was one of the stupidest things in matrix.
Did you fall asleep during the movie ?

Human in matrix blocked out the sun so that machine can't get solar energy anymore, that's why they use human as fuel source.

The machine also keep human from completely extinct'd themselves by setting up the Matrix and the cycle so that those few with rebellious tendency can have their little resistance without nuking the nest of mankind into oblivion, again.

Your normal printer doesn't have a cute girl's face on it.

That was all bullshit that was added on later during production
Originally they used humans as cpus, but they thought audiences in 1999 would have no idea what the fuck a cpu was so it was changed to batteries, which makes no sense

How can they get more energy from a human than they put into growing them?

>not coal
>not oil
>not uranium
>not deuterium

>living human beings

That would require effort. This is shaft.

GIVE ME A REASON TO USE MY VIVE DAMMIT!

Virtual Reality CGI

You're retarded.

Well if you dont have any children then there are no bloodlines

the problem is that it would take more energy to keep the humans alive than they produce. It's a losing game for the machines.

Literally anything would make a better battery than a human like a potato. Or a fucking battery.

Holy fuck bottom left looks like the alien baby thing from Total Recall.

Who is that? She doesn't look very rainbow friendship bicycles.

what is her problem?

That would have required using the already available infrastructure and power plants and wouldn't have allowed them to simply build their own stuff. Do you even efficiency?
Also, to this day no one has really figured out what propels humans. Sure, they eat a bit of food, but not anything like those fuels you just listed. Just foodstuff.
I think it's the divine soul that gives humans energy. And that means it's essentially infinite power, if you only understand how to access it. When you meditate you can feel the vastness of the energy flowing through you. I'm actually training every day in the hopes of mastering my chi and maybe shooting off a minor kamehameha one day.
Anyway, it would be ridiculous for an AI to not try to tap that.

>crabposter
what a retard

youtu.be/ngZ0K3lWKRc
This is the future. Ignore the old man at the end of this video.

That's not a hag, that's a young man

It'd be interesting to see how that works with more unique artsyles as opposed to just the generic anime look.

I don't know, but you know who will be the slut of the year in 2037.

why is this a thing

LWA had some amazing backgrounds

>1.

literally who?

maybe pay more attention to what's airing this season

We meant anime, not New York City.

There won't be any Japanese left to animate

How is a Tari Tari still relevant enough to get onto any list?

>Mouth and Nose became smaller

Female characters in hijab.

no.

The only people with "bloodline" in the world are billionaires who's families have been that rich and powerful for 500 years at least. The rest of us are just powerless peasants who've been convinced we're free

I wonder how much their looks would improve if they got fit, changed their haircuts and bought some fashionable clothes.

I used to know one guy who in primary, middle and high school looked absolutely hideous. Like holy fuck, he was ugly. You would bet all your fucking money that he will die alone. Sometime during uni years he got his shit together, leveled up to solid 7/10 and now he's married to a qt 8/10 girl.

Honestly I don't had 3DCG stuff, the problem is that it always looks so janky. Like the frame rate is fucked up when 3DCG stuff is shown on screen next to hand drawn stuff. Kemono Friends seemed to handle it well, maybe since it was 100% CG it didn't have that weird juxtaposition. If animators and directors can figure out how to use 3DCG in anime I think fans will accept it. At the moment though it's hated and for good reason.

There's already an islam manga

Japan has amazing 3D animators(FF7 AC), it's the contrasts between 2D and 3D that is bad.
Some Anime use 3D backgrounds successfully, but the majority still has issues with the integration of CG.