Imagine if science managed to create a device able to irreversibly prevent the gun powder chemical reaction everywhere...

Imagine if science managed to create a device able to irreversibly prevent the gun powder chemical reaction everywhere on Earth, making all firearms useless. Would you use this device ?

Can you imagine the consequences ?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2570996/At-27-dead-109-injured-gang-knife-wielding-men-attack-train-station-China.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FP-45_Liberator
youtu.be/qxtHtPK2MH8?t=16
nationalreview.com/2013/12/how-nazis-used-gun-control-stephen-p-halbrook/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Considering the "reliability" of some French munitions I've had, I'd say you are already using it.

Which gunpowder reaction? There are multiple.

All of them. Science isn't really the point here. Let's say everything but rockets won't work.

What ? Are you hating on our wonderful FAMAS ? Because we're not producing them anymore...

You mean, stop rapid oxidization? That would be bad. Can't do it

What is the entire plot to MGSV:Phantom Pain, Alex?

I'm not asking if it's possible, I'm asking how the world would be affected by it.

Anti-gun control main argument is that criminals will always have guns despite regulations. What if nobody had guns ? Would it be better ? Worse ?

Everyone would die. The Nitrogen cycle is an integral part of food production.

read about how important TNT was

>What if [geopolitically and scientifically impossible scenario I came up with because I'm afraid of inanimate objects]. Would you do it?

The absolute state of French intellectuals.

I would just find a different propellant

Ignore him French-bro, its mutt-sarcasm or retardation

I think we would just see a rise in spear and battle-axe sales, and the murder rate would stay the same.

Parts of your body might fail, and basic reactions in nature would stop.

Anyway just pretend no chemical to make shit flare up worked. Well we would use bladed weapons

Our piss would be affected too.#UrineMakesGunPowder

>would you use a device that would kill everyone on the planet?
Yes.

Gunpowder is a nitrogen based explosive. The chemical reactions that are responsible for gunpowder are also responsible for plant life.

Guess no more cars then

>OI M8 GET A LIFE BIN THAT KNIFE!!

no but seriously people would just stab eachother. maybe even use badass medieval swords and flails and shit that would be fucking awesome hell yeah i'd use that shit.

>Well we would use bladed weapons
And society would be better or worse ?

I think using bladed weapons sound more fair than having retarded teenager turning into mighty warriors because of muh guns. The best soldiers during middle age were lucky if they managed to kill 20 people in their entire career.

I'd invest in swords and other forms of pre-gunpowder weaponry, but after I have enough of it stockpiled, I'd press the button.

it's called water you dumb fuck

>Can you imagine the consequences ?
Actual handheld coilguns/railguns?

So you would flood the whole word to prevent gun crimes ?

Oh fuck we just explained the Great Flood ! God was a liberal !

Also airguns
pic related it's a 50 cal airgun suitable for deer hunting.

Ban assault repeaters!
Ban assault crossbows!
Also without gunpowder we can't mine or demolish buildings easily

Um, compressed air? Maybe sugar or flour? Any combustible propellant. Why not just build a rifle built from magnets, comparative to bullet trains? No recoil, amazing accuracy, cheaper ammunition.

were gonna have lasers guns soon anyway

Dipshit, we'd all fucking die. Your magical reaction would stop explosives from working. You'd stop single base reaction (powder soaked with nitroglycerin to make gunpowder). You'd be stopping nitroglycerin from working.

Without explosives, we'd no longer be able to extract steel, extract oil, extract gold, or even keep fucking crows from eating freshly planted crops. Shit, we couldn't even build refineries anymore because we could no longer use explosively welded sheets. EVAN EVAN EVAN fact check me how raped cutting edge chemical research would be and how fucked our submarine program would be.

We'd instantly go back to the 1600's. Fucking hell. Why can't leftists ever fucking think things through?

Does any based MD wanna talk about the implications of no longer having nitro for heart pills in the developing world?

it would probably have some crazy unforseens like making your body unable to metabolize nitrates or something

You're the retard for asking about something you know and eve admit is impossible. like ffs, how french can you get? I bet you're feeling quite "intellectual" as you niggers like to.
Apparently it takes a swede to defend your stupidity.

those magnetic railguns would get all the funding in the world pretty fast

>everything but rockets
Back to the Gyrojet boys!

>soldiers during middle age were lucky if they managed to kill 20 people in their entire career.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2570996/At-27-dead-109-injured-gang-knife-wielding-men-attack-train-station-China.html

Yes, but only because I think swords are more honorable of a fight, still I bet fags would just develop some super dank crossbow and snipe you from a mile a way regardless

>everything but rockets don't work

Why do you think a fight to the death should be fair? Why would I want to fight a guy trying to murder on equal terms? Real combst is not sport there are no rules only winners and losers and the losers are dead. So lets fuck off with this fair bullshit.

It exists... it was invented by my little pony fans... it’s called rainbow magic

Guns are the great equalizer, kys French serf. Or would you rather have well trained and armored government chads oppress you?

The article doesn't tell how many chinese were in that gang. Knowing chinese zerg rush tendancies, probably millions.

Great minds think alike. I think with modern CNC precision we could eliminate the inconsistency in the rocket nozzles, and boom, successful rocket handyblat.

>Guns are the great equalizer
Yes, it equalizes smart and educated white people with retarded black gang-bangers. Yay.

God damn I hate this place. Stop falling for bait and explore this thought experiment for a minute.

Basic chemical reactions stop working. How fucked are we?

Gyrojet had manufacturing issues with the nozzles causing innacuracies. With modern metal etching techniques, cnc machines, and additive manufacturing, we could do crazy great things with gyrojets

Laser weapons would become a thing in a few months

Pajeet is right. But since chemical reactions no longer work, chemical lasers wouldn't work.

We'd unironically start throwing nuclear reactors into everythign

"the sword is more honorable and fair guys"

>Actual handheld coilguns/railguns?

Came in thinking exactly this. Short range rail guns are easy to built. They won't be as effective and easy to use, but they will certainly kill with less range than an assault rifle. Enough to get a civil war going. On the upside, vehicle mounted railguns will surpass the destructiveness current guns in at "short" range (below a mile or so). The only limit for the railgun is basically the projectile melting/vaporizing due to high velocity in addition to some corrosion of the gun which can be fixed.

Hand held railguns can be built at home by a motivated person, range

its an all you can rape buffet, those larpers with platemail and swords become kings.

The development of magnetic propulsion would surge like no technology has ever surged before. I welcome the age of personal railguns.

Ok... so now you have new weapons, do you retardly sell it to anyone who can pay or do you regulate this time ?

Wrong.

>blocks your path.

Not sure if you've cracked open a history book at any point recently, old chap. Human nature contains a deeply ingrained behavioral pattern known as aggression, regardless of technological development. Wishing away technology does not eradicate murder. You fucking clown.

Google a Ray Bradbury story called A Piece Off Wood. It's the same premise but the man in the story invents a device that makes all metal turn into rust and tries to use it to stop war.

It's short but good.

Don't you own a youtube channel about rubber bands and cross bows?

Obviously, shall. not. be. infringed.

How do liberals manage to imagine such stupidly impossible things?

>Obviously, shall. not. be. infringed.
So the argument you don't regulate because bad guys already have weapons is bullshit ?

Muslims would conquer the west with swords again ... no thanks

Because you don't get to decide who may or may not be a bad guy at some indeterminate time in the future.

>Muslims would conquer the west
>again
North Africa is hardly "the west"

We would just find other ways to kill each other. I’d say we are right on the cusp of viable man portable directed energy weapons. It would just accelerate that endeavor. Or we would make different gun powder

Yes. Because the enemy is the state.

Didn't you faggots disarm then get taken over by Hitler? I figured you'd have learned the need to be able to fight a Fascist government and how easily one can take over.

Giving women the tools to be able to fight off rapists is just a side benefit.

>Didn't you faggots disarm then get taken over by Hitler?
burger education

>If you had a device to stop all chemical reactions on earth, would you use it?

Yes, fuck us.

So hitler invading a weak country that didn't have enough firearms to form a resistance without foreign aid never happened?

Interesting.

>a weak country that didn't have enough firearms
Sometimes I should take a look at american history school manuals, just for the fun. Should be an hilarious read.

>Don't you own a youtube channel about rubber bands and cross bows?

Then the fuck were you taught? The lowers got steamrolled in under 5 weeks. It was pathetic.

The fact that you guys were pathetically underarmed to the point that the USA had to make disposable zip guns for you cucks never happened?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FP-45_Liberator

I'm about to change your life.
Repeating.
Gatling.
Slingshot.
Crossbow.

youtu.be/qxtHtPK2MH8?t=16

>Disable the atoms

>Repeating.
>Gatling.
>Slingshot.
>Crossbow.

>German engineering

>What are magnetic rail guns?

Ok you're either a troll or a very uneducated man. France had arguably MORE weapons than Germans in 1939. We lost for completly different reasons than your retarded "not enough weapons".

As to know why burgers sent weapons to resistants... really ? Do you think Germans occupation soldiers let French people kept their weapons ? Do you think they don't need some resupply after 5 years of Resistance ?

Guns are the great equalizer. A small person with a gun has just as much chance of survival as a big person which is why they are ideal for self defense. I don't think that someone being my physical superior should give them the right to steal my property or end my life.

Guns are a tool created to solve a problem and that problem will return en masse if guns are not available. If someone has more brawn than brain, the path of least resistance through life will be to prey upon people who are smart enough to make money but not strong enough to fight.

>Nazi Loli.

Everyday, we stray further from god.

>We lost for completly different reasons than your retarded "not enough weapons".
Which would be?

>Do you think Germans occupation soldiers let French people kept their weapons ? Do you think they don't need some resupply after 5 years of Resistance ?

So you DO understand that giving up your guns leaves you at the mercy of the state?

I'm extremely pro-gun because I refuse to be led to the gas chambers again.
nationalreview.com/2013/12/how-nazis-used-gun-control-stephen-p-halbrook/

I always thought that was the premise behind stories like Mad Max and Fist of the North Star.
>Oh guns just don't work any more so everyone has green mohawks now.

This is litterally what happened though. Look up the 1939 gun ban and stop acting so smug when you are obviously the most uneducated and stupid one here.

And your thread is shit, fuck off with your anti-gun rants, faggot.

>I refuse to be led to the gas chambers again.

How often did that happen in your life? Just asking because you worded that in a wrong way... kike.

>So you DO understand that giving up your guns leaves you at the mercy of the state?
YES but it's beside the point ! You're under the impression FRANCE lost to GERMANY during WW2 because for some reasons the french generals forgot to build ENOUGH GUNS !

That's beyond retardation !

If 4 guys with swords broke into your house, would you want to have a fair and honorable 4:1 fight with them? Or just shoot them?

What's up DesTINY?

You're enjoying the presence of a jewish boomer that finds Nazi's more preferable than commies. Some of my family got shot in mass pits, some of them died in camps due to the typhus. What else do you want? The six gorillian is a lie, and systemic gas chamber usage is a lie as well.

I think that railguns and gauss guns are cool so yes.

So, you tell me. You're the faggots that got invaded and didn't have enough guns to form a real resistance, so actually free and gun owning countries had to air drop them into your country and then fight for you.

We should have just left you faggots under Hitler's rule. Europe would have been objectively better than us having to fight another fucking war in your country.

>Then all betas with an enormous boner come and and teleport behind all the chads. It was personal, kid.

>1939 gun ban
It was anti-communist and had barely any effects since it's barely few months before France defeat. Germans were the one taking our guns.

Then we would design something else to accelerate small pieces of metal at high velocity. Like railguns, or gas guns, or explosive powered guns.

we would develop magnets

>It was anti-communist and had barely any effects since it's barely few months before France defeat. Germans were the one taking our guns.

>Germans took our guns and we couldn't fight them!

>Americans, give up your guns! No one wants to hurt you! Trust the state!

Europeans were a fucking waste. We should never have gotten involved in WWII, we should have invented the MIC at that time and just hoped that you wiped eachother out.

i would rather be shot than stabbed

so no, i would not use this device.

Imagine the spin-offs to that technology, too. Hyper-efficient mag-lev trains, magnetic orbital launch platforms, supreme advancements in power storage and transmission systems. How great is that?

We would lose fireworks though, which sucks.

Time to build some lasers weapons.

>jewish boomer

Why the fuck are you on Sup Forums at your age? Most people today are fine with non-natives of European descent anyway... as long as they are right wing nationalists. I would also welcome all Jews who won't try to subvert the nation.

back to crossbows then

Much worse, literally tribal might-makes-right would be the end result. Everyone over the age of thirty gets executed by the biggest, most ruthless bully under 30, and said bully becomes tyrant-god-king over your hometown until he gets too old to lift a sword fast enough, and gets gutted and replaced. Healthcare becomes just witch doctors and pretend healing, everyone that isn't the local lord becomes a slave, and so on.

You can do fireworks with other explosives though. Infact gunpowder is a very subpar explosive so that machine would be quite useless.

>What ? Are you hating on our wonderful FAMAS ? Because we're not producing them anymore...

Your fucking maypop ammo.
You'd figure after a bit over a century you'd learn how to make a reliable small arms primer, or propellant that does not begin to degrade the instant it leaves the factory.

Otherwise, you are probably better off buying your arms and ammunition from someone else.