youtube.com/watch?v=j_ySZGs6mj0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is the sky blue?

Yes.

one of the best

Yes, only edgy cucks will disagree.

youtube.com/watch?v=j_ySZGs6mj0 post good dubs

Trigger
created the manliest anime ever now just makes girly ones.

Not in OP's image.

It's better than Aishiteruze Baby

It's the worst.

if you like gar and manly fun then yes it is the best anime ever

Yeah

Kamina can make the sky being whatever the fuck color he want, though

checked

Pretending to be retarded the show
It's so pretentious in what it thinks it accomplished that it hurts.
It might be ground zero for ironically appreciative nostalgic 'reconstructionist' retards everywhere now, though

Yes that's what a Gary Stu does.

Yes. Unarguably.

>Kamina
>Gary Stu
You didn't watch the anime, did you?

>implying Trigger's Magnum Opus isn't the manliest shit ever
It is sad though

I wish I didn't.

>retarded
>pretentious
>ironically
>retards (X2 combo)

Man what a cookie cutter negative response, you must be very proud of yourself.

It's almost like a Greek epic that manages to be out of this world with kickass robots/characters and anchored at the same time with the themes of loss and debating progress and expansion which all constantly Spiral outward.

The show isnt pretentious. Its just that people try to take more meaning out of it than the creators couldve ever thought about. The creators were just making the most excessive anime they could conceive, with insane power creeps, thats all: just balls to the wall fun

> Its just that people try to take more meaning out of it than the creators couldve ever thought about.

Every Gainax show

I just like the fact that it appropriately has a beginning and an end. The show literally is a ride especially if you go into it without any expectations.

You are wrong and I will fight you

I mean they do a very good job themactically about everything expanding like a Spiral
Ex: Rossiu leader limits how many people can live in their cavern to save their tribe----> Lord Genome locks everyone underground to save humanity from the Anti Spiral --> Rossiu tries to preserve life and all species to eventually repopulate life to save all of earth's species---> Anti Spiral eliminate most Spiral beings to protect all of
life from being destroyed through the abusage of Spiral power.
It's all the same concept but on a continuous scale

It's okay. I enjoyed it when I first saw it, but when I tried to rewatch it I just found it dull somehow. The last few fight scenes are pretty good though.
I wouldn't call it bad, but I wouldn't call it great either. Call me contrarian if you will.

I dont said that Gainax shows are bad, or lack substance. I meant that fans often overanalyze their works, and because of that people often overlook their real depth while looking for something that is not even exists. The biggest example of this is NGE.

I think most just like them and can't explain why so most tend to look more into them. Also, to justify liking them to cucks who hates them just to be edgy.

Yes it is. It took the cadaver of obsolete 80s mecha conventions which were inherently cheesy but sincere, loaded them with symbolism, science, subversions and narrative parallels as to reinvigorate and 'advance' the genre; key being balancing the aforementioned background intelligence with the ebig fun time for kids, even going as far as playing at such a time slot. But the truth is you can't revive what's dead and the end result is something which isn't truly for kids or adults but for impressionable tweener faggots and nostalgic otaku manchildren. It's like taking heavy metal and turning it into tryhard djent

Too much robot shenanigans not enough Rossiu trying to organize meetings and everyone else dicking about

Yeah NGE was the ramblings of a man on depression. I still like it a lot though but your supposed to interpret for yourself
It's hard to deny that EoE/Third Impact isn't one of the trippiest things in any medium ever though

みんなありがとう for this thread
i've had it sitting in my backlog for months; i'll be watching it tonight

Yes

It's kinda overrated

It's popular.
People like it.
It's shit.

Literally the best

No one would remember Evangelion if it EoE didn't exist honestly.

>tfw am Kamina's height.
>occasianolly get the urge to point to the sky and tell everyone to pierce the heavens with their drills

Follow his example.
That means kill yourself.

How is he not?

Is it because he ded?
Is it because he got cucked?

Gurren Lagann is a show genetically engineered to appeal to MALspawn Sup Forumsedditors with no sense of sophistication who laud meme dialog, which supports upvote groupthink mentality and meme voice-acting with a good movie pandering reddit tier post-capeshit "entertainment" sensibilities and a meme aesthetic. TTGL is a meme at best and is rightfully deemed as pleb trash every time it gets brought up on /m/.

Kamina and early Simon are like two halves of a gary stu, I liked it.

I disagree the series the as a package with episode 25/26 were great. Regardless it was already so fucking loved in Japan they didn't even check the tape for the episode minutes before the release because there would be a shitstorm if they didn't play one of the highest viewed shows It was the episode where Kaworu a """child""" was killed on screen
They got in a lot of trouble iirc.

>rightfully deemed as pleb trash every time it gets brought up on /m/
That's like endorsing eugenics because Sup Forums is all for it. Decent bait, try less buzzwords next time though

Don't be so defensive about your favorite anime being trash.
It's only the objective truth.

EoE only exists because everyone remembered Evangelion you fucking faggot.

>TTGL
>Trigger
WE

It's honestly awful in any aspect beyond style.

Gotta love all of the anti gurren bait that's always in these threads. TTGL is just a guilty pleasure that nobody has to justify because it did what it did very well.

>guilty pleasure
I'll fucking fight you

It was incredibly good at being the worst thing to come out of Japanese animation, I guess that's true.

Read that again user I loved the show.

It's anti-furry propaganda so yes

Because Kamina isn't one?

He's the Mentor. His role in the story is to inspire and teach the Hero, and then leave the stage once he's done.

The real question is why hasn't there been Getter Robo vs. Gurren Lagann OVA yet?Or any Getter Robo anime at all in the past almost 2 decade?What a nigga got to do to get his fix of Getter Robo?

Because TTGL's license is split. So there won't be a shitty continuation like FLCL or Rebuilds thankfully

Wish we got more info on Papa Kamina. Episodes 1-5 foreshadow a lot of things that just get dropped completely. Some more time spent underground would have been nice.

Everything is great, exept the forced drama and THE FUCKING ENDING

Only the first half. Second half is only liked by dumb children with low powerlevels and a double digit IQ.