Isekai

It's really ridiculous how much traction this sort of premise is gaining. What's to blame for this?

Other urls found in this thread:

novelupdates.com/series/in-a-different-world-with-a-smartphone/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The world being so shit for a lot of people that any sort of alternate world is preferable, especially if it was created specifically to pander to them. Is it that hard to figure out?

It's reaching self-insert levels that shouldn't be possible.

Rather than self-insert levels it's reaching insane levels of power fantasy.

Sword art online, hunter x hunter greed island arc and hack//sign and that shit

>power fantasy
As long as there is no female objectification its fine.

Slave harems are a very prominent trope within these kinds of stories.

>gaining
They've been popular for a very long time, only you don't notice because you are an anime only retard who doesn't know about manga, lns, or vns.

The fact that they're starting to get anime adaptions is another peak in its popularity. What don't you understand about that?

The only difference between now and then is that they are adaptating the bad ones now.

Which is also a sign of a peak in their popularity.

>What's to blame for this?

Edgar Rice Burroughs?

Reminder that time travel is just another form of isekai, to a new world separated by time instead of space (or both)

Does that mean that Chinese novel about a guy who dies and goes back to WW2 to become a Nazi general is an isekai too?

To a t.

No way, in that sense fucking Primer is isekai.

at the same time however, it's also a form of empowerment as well. usually said slaves are basically doomed to a life of pain and suffering, only to rise out of it because of the MC

So is this.

It's just a simpler way to have a quick and fast built harem without having to really go into too much character development and relationship building. It's easier to control those women because they're my slaves anyway, but because of my amazing humble Japanese morality I must treat them with upmost respect.
Because they're slaves they can't reject you. It's another wish fulfillment trope.

There's also the fact that most of these authors can't write a main character women would want to interact with unless they were magically compelled to.

Yep, Inuyasha is a very famous example of isekai among western audiences that people tend to not view as Isekai.

Same thing with Fushigi Yugi.

What if you travel to another world but
get this
it's almost exactly the same as the one you just left?

There's actually a manga about some black knight who travels with this sexy lady who makes fragrances to fight. Shame it will never be an anime.

It'll be a better twist if the other world is completely different at surface level, but as you trudge along the daily life, it has the exact same troubles and everyday struggle as ours.

You think Kyoani will adapt a second season for this as it does become edgy and an isekai.

>edgy and isekai
I'd call it becoming shit, but edge can work if the set up and execution isn't contrived as fuck. Is it?

Blame NTHT. this shit right here established the fundamental tropes of modern Isekai

Everyone grows up and in their adulthood, the apocalypse happens because they couldn't defeat an all-powerful phantom. Throughout the story every one of the girls die out one by one, and in grief, Haruhiko does some edgy shit in the name of revenge to kill all phantoms. Then it's actually another world so everyone is still alive but they all merge into one.

what are you talking about? there's been isekai nearly every season for twenty years.

watch more anime.

Like slave harems, crop rotation, Japanese cuisine and (literal) Demon Kings?

What.

where can I read the webnovel?

Isekai isn't a recent trend. So why the sudden surge? My guess is the publishers just decided to start a trend to help them sell manga/LN.

novelupdates.com/series/in-a-different-world-with-a-smartphone/

>dubs of truth
Not so much the world as people themselves user.
World is innocent, people make it shit.

Thou hast betrayed me

>you can restart your life through self insert after fucking it up completely on our planet
plus sparsely clad bitches, magic, and swords. What's there not to like?

>Daijobu
>You are okay
>This were rubber bullets
Did the fucker ever got shot by one of those?
It leaves a dinner plate area blue and often break small bones like ribs.

Non lethal, but I leave the rest to suspension of disbelief.

maybe they had armor magic or some shit idk man

This... this is the lowest 1% of anime, right?

we need more loli isekai

Didn't shoujo start this shit though ?

Jesus can heal them anyway

That actually makes matter worse.
He's Jesus, not that one former CZ owner from Code Geass.
And what would be the point then?
Their armor is miraculously average enough to prevent injury but at the same time allow to me knocked out with rubber projectile?
I know I'm reaching there, but come on, at least try to keep it consistent.

The bullets are enchanted to induce paralysis which totally makes them redundant anyways since you can just straight up cast a paralysis spell on your enemies instead.

The point of the gun is to tap into the pathetic fantasies of the reader who still haven't grown up.

>gun
>not sword
Nigga I can get a gun legally and easily enough, but not a motherfucking badass longsword.
You're mixing up priorities of manchildren, check your facts.

Cycles, there was already an isekai sprawl back then but there's less anime in general as well as LN not being sourced out as actively. There's enough media to go around that it doesn't really matter there's a lot of X kind.

This is made for Japanese people not your fat American ass.

Or it doesn't expect people to be autistic about it and show off their 'maturity' on an indian image board.

You can totally go buy a real fucking sword, people still make them you know. Renaissance fairs are a good place to start, meet some blacksmiths, see if they've got genuine articles inbetween the props.

thank you a lot isn't on the goddess yet

I just didn't want to say "chuuni" because it sounds autistic.

There is no surge.
Translators that like the genre simply picking select few or a lot for Internet e-points and to share shit they like.

>American
Guess again you capitalistic pig.
It would be dull and you'll still vomit your insides out from all the bureaucracy.
You can probably get 5 guns for the same amount of time and paperwork.

The MC being Japanese and have different personality than the reader for most burgers.

Isekai are fine, but most nips use it for their self insert which is why most isekai are garbage. I just want to go back to traditional fantasy

>Japanese traditional fantasy

This man doesnt lie, but it depends on what type of guns your buying though.
Coming from someone that owns a katana and a saiga 12

elevens don't know about guns

True.
I get more shit from the local cops for the fucking blades and other martial arts shit I ordered than the five bloody shotguns I owned.
Despite the said local cops are my fucking uncle and his friends.

>metal stripe
>longer than 15cm
Still illegal as fuck unless it's antique and are a collector or you have HEMA or similar license.
>elevens
Who?

>not knowing elevens

>Implying
>When paintball is a huge thing locally
>When Philippines and Vietnam is so much a favorite Japanese tourist hot spot for shooting, many of their gun range staff can speak basic nip.

How fucking new are you that you can't recognize who Elevens refers to?

Fuck you, Lodoss baby, the less generic fantasy the better, I'll take the worst self-insert garbage over more Tolkien clones.

Orc Knight anime when?

Someone please post that image of a hamster trying to gorge itself on a huge banana.

The thing is I think the underlying premise is solid. I think there are some interesting stories you can tell with it.

It's just that it never seems to go anywhere in anime. It always sort of melts down into pandering bullshit. I think you'd have to blame the industry for this.

Manga artists not knowing shit about guns isn't new. It's still super retarded though, its not as if google isn't available to them.

Coming up with an interesting premise isn't hard, the real difficult part is developing said premise, which is why there are plenty of stuff that starts out strong but devolve into mediocrity.

What struck me as even more retarded is that he just gives guns to the girls and just sort of leaves it at that. No explanation no safety stuff or anything.

They're going to blow some fingers off that way. It's insanely irresponsible.

Yeah I feel you. If it was easy to come up with an interesting story born from a good premise we'd all be farting out gold on a daily basis. To my earlier point though I think there must be some good Isekai stories out there but the industry only wants to select shit that will sell well and look good on the side of buses and that usually means there has to be cute girls and if there are cute girls there has to be a self insert template mc otherwise cd sales suffer and with a template mc you get a predictable mediocre story.

So what you're saying is that cute girls are the main ingredient in shitty anime? Yeah I can kind of see that.

So what was Sup Forums like when the greatest isekai anime Kuusure aired?

Does that loli get orc'd?

Ever been to a Renaissance Faire? Authentic swords with modern materials cost a shit load of money. At least here in US its $600+ A handgun can get as cheaply as $100 through legal channels. If not less.

In Japan you probably can still get a firearm cheaper than authentic katana. Unless you happen to have one laying around as an heirloom.

The orc is a loli protector.

>protector
So the answer is "yes"?

Yeah the only think he did in the WN is getting the gun to have security lock so only the girls could use it.

Lurk for 2 years before posting

Ah fuck off with your drama queen shit.

It was revolutionary, it underlined that the typical isekai worlds are mainly inhabited by people with down's, as visually accentuated by the constantly deforming shapes of their heads. I expect a great change in the genre following this masterpiece.

I'm not the idiot who outed himself as a newfag instead of comprehending things from context.

Considering vr tech, it's just setting the stage for actual game adaptations i.e. they're all feature length commercials

>elevens don't know about guns
>context
Nice bait faggot.
Now I was nice enough to enlighten you to your sexual orientation, which might be helpful to you.
This is a basic principle of communication an autist like you is obviously lacking.

The worst part is that Isekai Smartphone is as bad as that parody.

Nope, newfag learn to Sup Forums and lurk for 2 more years

Oh god there are so many Final Fantasy references already.

Surprisingly higher quality for the season.

It hurts to watch, I'm not asking for realism in combat but don't make shit look like two action figures hitting each other.

>There's also the fact that most of these authors can't write

you didn't have to go further than that, actually

>After 15 seconds of lurking
>MFW you're obliged to remember how nips were called in an anime about siscon twat with delusions of grandeur
>That you watched more than 10 years ago

Fuck you Sup Forums, I swear you're all autists here but don't change.

Reminder that ever since the anime aired, all of smartphone's novel has been reprinted 4 times.

Not everyone can cast a paralysis spell because of magic affinities. The guns allow anybody with a day's training to reliably shoot paralysis instantly without the need for affinities and chants. You know, just like crossbows and guns did for bows.

>What's to blame for this?

Fun things are fun.
Fun loving people have lots of money.
Fun loving people love spending money.

It is obvious the about the end result from the get go.