So, it's finally out...what did y'all think of it? Was it everything you hoped and dreamed for?

So, it's finally out...what did y'all think of it? Was it everything you hoped and dreamed for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YmtB5Ef4GUE
youtube.com/watch?v=mtODX-055g8
3.lithi.io/VAOGr.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=ym2q37q-cp0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dafoe was the only good thing

Dafoe was the only good thing

Dafoe and Black L were the only good things

>y'all
Fuck off.

OP here, sorry, I was just trying to adjust this post for western audiences.

LMAO IT'S ALL A COMEDY it's fckn hilarious, I love this shit

>...
Don't use ellipses here, don't try to be a contrarian about it either, just a advice.

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

I'm half way through watching with a bunch of nigas in a discord call this is fucking awesome. IT's not death not AT ALL but it's fucking hilarious

>Light screams like a girl and almost cries when Ryuk shows up
>L knows Light can kill from a distance but gives a press conference himself to determine if he needs more like a name and a face, doesn't use a proxy
>Death Note can now make people do literally anything, regardless of whether or not its reasonable for them to do it
>Light caves in immediately after he is confronted by L, revealing he is Kira

Shitty parts off of the top of my head, this was awful

>...
>y'all
Go back to where you came from.

wasnt 'death note'because the characters acted differently, but it was fun and well made which is more than can be said of most adaptations.

it was better than the japanese ones

I think that the movie is fine, not great just okay. What I don't like is that a bunch of people that had no idea about Death Note are going to think this is the only version of Death Note, Trust me people do end up thinking that.

I wasn't half bad... Dafoe e L were the best part, though.

*clap*
*clap*
*clap*

>L is outside ALL the time, any one could've been manipulated into shooting him
>Watari's FULL and REAL name is Watari
>Death Note can command Misa to grab a page of the death note, and accidentally let it go, where it floats away into the wind and falls into a trashcan of fire in a public area
>L has a science fiction gun metallic gun with lights on it and chases down Light in an angry rampage

u poust anet wastern nuff fou...

also Watari name is literally watari

>The worlds greatest detective has rage spurts like a toddler
>Light is a BITCH
>Chief's story is completely unknown and forgotten ( seems like some scenes were cut out)
>Mia is a psycho for no apparent reason
>Light tells Mia about the Death Note for no reason
>Light had been using the death not for months and still hadn't memorised all the rules
>Only Light can see Ryuk no matter who touches the note
>Randoms can write names but not be the 'owner' of the death note

All of the Watari subplot should have been cut, leave L's past a mystery wrapped in an enigma.
>his name is fucking Watari

Ryuk not being passive made Light feel a bit weak, Mia had more of the classic Keikaku master personality than Light. Actually, Light felt like he had little personality for most of the movie.

Light's dad's storyline went nowhere.

Some plot holes like the prisoners being able to write in Japanese when they don't know the language, pretty sure Manga!Light wasn't able to manipulate people with unknown knowledge like that, but I could be mistaken.

Should have been a short series instead of a movie, also, having only one keikaku left me a bit disappointed.

>L has a science fiction gun metallic gun with lights on it and chases down Light in an angry rampage
This sounds like absolute shit but I'm going to watch this anyway.

>Randoms can write names but not be the 'owner' of the death note
this was already possible, Rey pember fucked the other FBIs over by writing their names

it dosent fucking count if they can't See Ryuk

How does it end?

youtube.com/watch?v=YmtB5Ef4GUE

like this

Not him but what are you trying to argue? Isn't this exactly what Ray does in every variation?

Probably better than what the actual ending is

>Ahhh! Aaaaaaahhhh! Help! Help me! Heeeelp! Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Does it really end abruptly like that (without the music)?

Yes, L also finds a page of the Death Note and considers writing Lights name, but it's not revealed if he actually wrote it or not, whatever his decision was is why Ryuk is laughing.

>Yes

OH MY GOD!

it's fucking shit

>Light just kills a random bully for no reason
>The whole point of the character was his sick view of justice
>Lmao he's bullying someone let's kill him

?????????????

Is it unironically good or is it so bad that it is good?

it's shit

The final chase was the only good part. Remember when light slammed someone's head into a bowl of soup?

A waste of time to be honest.

It's really fucking bad.
Watch it with some friends, add a couple drinks, and you will have a good time.

American movies were a mistake

>better than the 2015 Drama
Yeah you fucking wish cunt.

L and Light actually managed to make a convincing tie in the Jap version.

Severe autism.

Samefags how about y'all off yourselves off the board.

I actually kind of started to like the highschool outcast L and new Mia direction so it had potential but the Death Note movie is abysmal. L is awful beyond belief. I dont know what they were thinking.

as I thought before, it was an alright movie. for regular audiences, it should be entertaining

it was a terrible death note movie though when considering the characters who were in the movie
>Light is a complete beta orbiter and thinks only with his dick, also he's a pussy
>Mia is literally another character when it comes to comparing anime/manga and movie versions
>Light starts out good but turns out to be a whiney and screaming retard who cannot control his temper at all
>Ryuk is pretty much a kill-em-all type of character who doesn't like Light one bit and begs for him to give the Note away
>Watari's full name is Watari

way to fucking go. All the people who hate on the actors have no clue that the bad thing here was actually the script. The actors did a good job but unfortunately, not even solid acting can make the script less shit

>Light starts out good but turns out to be a whiney and screaming retard who cannot control his temper at all

sorry, was meant to be "L"

>Light is a woodheaded dumbass
>Misa is a sadistic bitch
>L is an overemotional jobber
Truly Ryuk was the only good thing about it

The choice of music was also fucking atrocious

Easily the shittiest thing I've watched since Meet the Spartans. Just fucking wow.

If I had to list everything wrong with it I'd need an entire thread just for the list.

ryuk was shit. gave too much of a shit, he's supposed to be there just for the lulz.

Ryuk
>whoops i dropped my death note
>it'd be a shame if someone was curious enough to use it

Ryak
>do it faggot
>u can kill ppl lol
>fbi stalking you? here i'll kill them lmao

this was a better adaptation
youtube.com/watch?v=mtODX-055g8

Except he didn't kill the FBI agents, Mia did.

>POWER OF LOOOOOOOOVE
Holy fuck, I laughed so hard when I realized this was the ending

People like y'all fuck off .

I think you mean Ryuck

the critics are calling it everything from shit to fucking shit

So...do i need to watch first 5 Final Destinations for the backstory or im safe with this one?

3.lithi.io/VAOGr.webm

Just watch the first Final Destination and don't watch this.

>They expected to have a sequel with Mello and Near
Kek

Jesus fucking christ

>when you steal the gun from the new Blade Runner discarded prop pile

The whole "big reveal" at the end completely threw the whole plot in the toilet. And the editing was awful. Overall it wasn't really that bad though, I give it a strong 6. I wish they had used actual teenagers, I will never get hollywood's obsession with casting 20-something year olds and making them play teenagers.

It wasnt gay enough for me

youtube.com/watch?v=ym2q37q-cp0

Solid 4/10

Its a prequel its. Final Destination: The reapers origins.

>that scooby doo chase scene
it was alright
completely fucked the plot to hell and back
but alright

they played up the cheese to 11
disappointing lack of smug grins
there was a tiny bit of keikaku tho, so it breaks even in my book

That felt like a Seinfeld ending god damn

It was a decent comedy. I can't decide what was my favorite part, that chase scene or the ending with that song playing as Light and Mia fall. Really Death Note should've been one of the easier properties to adapt into a western setting.

>waterloo did nothing
>that was his name
What the fuck

It was ok, but why not make another case of someone picking the Death Note instead of trying for another iteration of the same story?

They avoid dealing with child labor laws by casting adults.

Getting angry at "y'all" is stupid, but using ellipses is a generally awful habit. It's similar to overusing exclamation marks, it just makes you look like a bad writer.

Wellp, why is Sup Forums so much open minded about this movie than Sup Forums?

Complaning about bad wring on an image board for cartons...

They bastardized lights concept of justice. Like in the manga light believed himself to be god and honestly crossed the boundary into becoming corrupt and killing those who opposed him.

This film takes all those corrupt thoughts and puts it on the misa character to make her more interesting. But it's pointless since it makes light seem like more of a weakwilled pussy than he already is.

>Killing people to get his girlfriend off
>refusing to kill the detectives
>is a fuckup at school

They literally did what every adaption does and turned the main character into a "lovable" screw up. But it doesn't work in this at no point did you like the main character. and if you did why?

Genuinely curious as to what makes him interesting to anybody? Seems like a bitch.

That was fucking amazing. They completely turned up the amp and I loved it for that

Why the fuck did nobody win
Why was the biggest obstacle to L capturing Light some Pedro with a 2x4 yelling KIRA-SAMA

lol what a pussy

They delibrately set up for a sequel. Thats why

>people saying 'dafoe' was good
I rather watch the 2016 Drama again. Now that was actually good and people didn't discuss it on Sup Forums Fucking newfags

I always wondered how they went to the bathroom and took baths while L autistically chained himself to Light.

I was always amazed how much restrain L had because if he tried to jack off during night you bet your ass L would be staring at him.

Honestly I only watched this in the hope cinemasins would make a video on it

That's four-dimensional chess

>That fucking song that played at the retarded Ferris Wheel scene
What the actual fuck was this movie

Do you think L watched Light poop? Do you think L made Light watch him poop? Imagine Light having to deal with the stench from L's shit.

>Light eats horrible food on purpose for worst stinking shits
>L says he practiced coprophilia for a year because he planned for this kind of situation one day and that he gets sexual gratification from it

Could barely stand it after Mia said she had written Light's name and called it "her note," and shit. Talk about a misogyny stimulant, and I already hated women with a burning fire.

Also the most predictable movie ever. Every single twist was so mind-numbingly obvious. Clearly a comic book for Japanese teenage boys was too smart for the writers to wrap their head around.

I can smell this happening.

I don't think Light jack off, he doesn't seem like the guy that is interested in sex. Maybe that's why he and L have so much homo moments, it's because they haven't jacked off in months.
I bet he only fucked Misa so she would shut the fuck up.

The 2015 drama sucked

>hating this Misa more than the actual Misa

>light not intrested in sex
Did you fucking watch the movie? literally the only thing on his mind is beating a beta whiteknight

Name some things wrong with it

>y'all
Are niggers getting cocky because of this movie's cast?

I'm CLEARLY not talking about the movie. Unless L chained himself to Light in that movie.

Why would you watch that garbage anyway? Are you bored?

Why would I talk about a movie I hadn't seen? Let alone enter a thread about it? Yes I'm bored. I've already seen every anime worth seeing anyways.

Because it is a Death Note thread and all discussion about all Death Note related material is welcome.

Does L chain himself to Light in this movie?