In this thread we discuss why moe is trash and why realistic art styles are objectively superior

in this thread we discuss why moe is trash and why realistic art styles are objectively superior

I prefere to discuss how can a wooden starfish levitate like yours.

hey this is important

What that floating shuriken doing there?

don't you mean "DOUZO"?

No, I don't want your star.

>another star
What did he mean by this?

>objectively

That's a big word, kid.

How is a "moe" starfish in a room draw different than the "realistic" one?

>normalfags can't dozo
Embarrassing.

>Clannad is already 10 years
Holy shit.

You figured out the math all by yourself. You get a wooden starfish.

I feel old now

And yet it's still one of the best anime I've seen. I'm honestly amazed.

>realistic

Stop watching anime

So, NGE, Utena, Lain, GitS, Perfect Blue, LoGH, they are all twice as old as Clannad. I don't see your point honestly.

My point is that nothing that has come out since has been better than it, in my opinion. My favorite anime of the last 10 years came out 10 years ago.

Oh, I agree about that.

Imagine how much better that image would've been with a realistic art style

you can easily attribute that to anime goin downhill in general, Clannad signaled the Rise of the Moeblobs

Not that guy, but how about Lucky Star, also from 2007 and even a few months older?

Also Clannad is a drama masterpiece, liking it or not.

Clannad was still popular as a VN before it was an anime, I think.
It's not about Clannad itself obviously, but the garbage it spawned after its success. Anime trying to emulate its success by using the same art style.

I won't deny that anime has gone downhill since 2007, but I wouldn't consider Clannad to be the start of the moeblob trend. An early example, maybe, but there were plenty of others around the same time.

>small eyes
>defined hair
>lips
>subdued colouring

It's realistic!

Fuuko got married