Will it ever be topped?

will it ever be topped?

2011, 2012, 2014, 2016

There's nothing special about 2007 though except for that it was the first year of immediate fansubbing

If you told some nihonjin that 2007 is the greatest year of anime they'd say what? why 2007?

Eromanga-sensei aired this year user

>first year of immediate fansubbing
Really?

2017 is the year of asshurt

perhaps next decade sometime?

What was good about 2007?

>first year of immediate fansubbing

I have no idea when simul-fansubbing started, but it was already around in 2003.

It was the first time newfags came swarming to Sup Forums.

Probably never. It was a once in a lifetime occurrence. I will forever cherish this year.

Before 2006-2007 as a fansubber you had to wait a few hours to even download raws from Share, (that was before gg bought their first Friio and started capturing shit themselves) and for many shows you had to wait a week or more to get fansubbed because so-called "quality" groups like Eclipse wasted time with stupid shit like endless TLC and hardsubbed karaoke

That's how the whole "speedsubbing" thing was born which in hindsight was a good thing as fansubs suddenly started coming out mere days after airing

Didnt newfag as term started in 2007 or was it before

>gg
Surely you mean Elistist Fags. ;^)

>Share
Weren't raw providers as part of the subgroup always a thing?
>mere days after airing
Are you from a parallel dimension?
Sure, waiting for the group to gets its job done was fucking annoying (and damn it how often has A-Keep driven me to download a raw), but it rarely took more than a day or two even in the early 00s.

That was before elitistfags
They had some guy named house/eeknay who was living in Japan and providing for multiple groups until he got a bit pissed off and started dropping shitty shows (obviously not the ones gg did) just because he was the only capper in the western fansubbing back then

>Weren't raw providers as part of the subgroup always a thing?
Whatever they meant as a "raw provider" back then was someone who could use Japanese P2P and download badly encoded raws

>but it rarely took more than a day or two
For a handful of the most popular shows maybe. Anything even slightly obscure and it could take much longer. If it was subbed at all. And there was a huge translation quality disparity between some of the speedsub and "quality sub" groups.

ZSZS was hell as a.f.k. dropped it as no group wanted to do all the signs.

What are you talking about? The only anime worth mentioning is Mononoke and maybe Baccano. Everything else was either mediocre or garbage.
the 2010's in general have been trash.

>For a handful of the most popular shows maybe.
Those are what I was talking about.

>Anything even slightly obscure and it could take much longer.
Yeah, Sensei no Jikan was a fucking mess.
Was that ever fully subbed? I simply watched it raw at some point.

>either mediocre or garbage
Heh. What is TTGL, Shinreigari, Kaiji, Seirei no Moribito, Dennou Coil, SZS, Terra e, Moyashimon, and many many others. Even disregarding 99% of the shows that aired in 2007, the mere fact that the greatest anime of all time, namely TTGL, aired in that time makes this year equally the greatest. It's simple logical deduction.

Sensei no ojikan got an english dub at some point with the ova's

It's TTGL, which means that stupid children like
think it was a remarkable year.

2014 was pretty great.

I'm going to say this once. Gurren Lagann is garbage and anything Imashi does as a director is reddit tier trash. The man is a great animator but he creates shit only 14 year old boys could enjoy but of he sprinkles in a little bit of moral or some sort philosophical meaning to this shows, they're automatically not shit to the autists who watch his works. Not even remotely close to being one the best shows ever created let alone a decent show.

There is no best year since anime don't change that much within a year. This is just a topic for wannabe nostalgiafags.

>2007
>nostalgia
It's only nostalgic if you're literally underage.

No, TTGL is objectively the greatest show to ever air on Japanese television.

Not nostalgia. Wannabe.

but it's shit.

Yes.

Honestly a lot of that is fucking trash. But hey. Your choice.

It's actually one of the worst mech shows I've ever finished.

2007 was 10yrs ago.

and? Even If you were 5 years old 10 years ago, you would still only be 15. What is your point?

You'll realize how dumb most super robot mecha shows are once you grow up

this.

Mech, and especially super robot shows, are fantastic. TTGL just happens to suck because Imaishi is an awful director.

>trying this hard
Kids sure love to hate popular things, don't they..

>i only watch mature anime for mature people such as myself

I yet have to hear a legitimate reason to like Dennou Coil

They think it makes them superior

>Kids sure love to hate popular things
Mazinger and Getter Robo are far more popular than TTGL will ever be, and they're infinitely better.

>mom tell all these bad people to stop disliking what I like

care explaining why?

Try actually reading and watching those series and then come back and ask.

Just because some people don't like immature anime does not mean they are elitists

Daily Reminder that 2017 is the year of NTR.

There are 3 reasons why someone may not agree that TTGL is at least 9.5/10:

1. They are a troll
2. They are stupid
3. Their opinion is not based on the quality of the show

>I'm going to ask why these shows are better even though I gave no reasons to why my show is the best.

great job avoiding the question.

I think OP meant "2017"

I bet you've seen 20 whole animes.

>assuming i'm the same user who claims it was

>TTGL is at least 9.5/10:
What kind of childish mindset do you have going on here? Where do you get this grotesque idea that anything you say is objective rather than just your shitty opinion?
You just repeat the same thing over and over with no actual explanation to why it is you think a certain way.

>zero mentions of Lucky Star
絶対もったいない

Lucky Star? More like Lucky Shit, amirite??

try not using the phrase "animes" while acting high and mighty

>TTGLfags

2007, the year of QUALITY QUEEN!

>moeshit
Typical TTGL hater.

>Doesn't know why he's an idiot
Fucking TTGLbabbies

This thread is turning into a Sup Forums-tier shitshow

4. They have seen more than 10 shows

not even the same user

>He still doesn't know

I dropped that series like three episodes in it was so childish.

This thread is shit.

You have one Lagannfag trying to troll another fag while other fags troll the Lagannfag

Let this shit die. Also only virgins like TTGL. They are the epitome of LOLSORANDUMB meme kids.

people just fighting for who has the bigger dick, so sad yet somehow entertaining

2007 was a pretty good year.

OP's right, Lucky Star aired that year. Nothing has even come close to beating that by a wide margin.

Why is that a lot newfags can't into 00s anime?

2008 was good too but I feel like I forgot about a lot of these mediocre shows at the time and only remember the significant ones.

95% is that is generic shit. You could literally do the same thing with any year and say it was the a good year.

Casshern Sins and Golgo 13 alone puts 2007 to shame.

Gurren Lagann is a show genetically engineered to appeal to MALspawn Sup Forumsedditors with no sense of sophistication who laud meme dialog, which supports upvote groupthink mentality and meme voice-acting with a good movie pandering reddit tier post-capeshit "entertainment" sensibilities and a meme aesthetic. TTGL is a meme at best and is rightfully deemed as pleb trash every time it gets brought up on /m/.

Thanks captain fucking obvious. Why don't you tell me what color grass is while you're at it.

Not enough buzzwords in there

it was never on top to begin with

The classic "its popular so its bad", isnt a meme?
Get the fuck over yourself faggot.

This board gets worse by the day.

>this post
>K-on reaction image
How ironic

>code geass
>gurren lagann
>JoJo OVA's
>Claymore
>Lucky Star
>School Days
>Baccano
>Higurashi
>Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei
>Clannad
>Shakuga no Shona
>Kaiji
>Moyashimon
>Ef: A tale of memories
>Gundam 00
And these are just the ones I remember watching with Sup Forums

That's what you got out of reading that?

So 5% of it is good which already makes it better than every other season

So you post a bunch of shit because? You could of at least post some actual great anime instead of a mixture of garbage, okay anime, and not worth mentioning shit.

Gurren Lagann, Lucky Star, Death Note, Code Geass, and Clannad are some of the most iconic anime of all time. I doubt 2007 will ever be topped.

I can't tell if this guy is serious. I think I've had enough Sup Forums for today.

carefully crafted for maximus bait potential

>Look everyone! Look at how special and unique my taste in anime is!
Come back when you graduate kindergarten, buddy. If it ever happens, that is.

>being asshurt because someone shares different opinions
>continues to basically call the other person a child
Take your childish hissyfit somewhere else.

>code geass
overrated mecha rubbish
>gurren lagann
is literally for kids
>JoJo OVA's
JoJo was always shit.
>Claymore
meh
>Lucky Star
really?
>School Days
nigga...
>Baccano
good
>Higurashi
has it's moments
>Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei
meh
>Clannad
boring
>Shakuga no Shona
meh
>Kaiji
mediocre
>Moyashimon
meh
>Ef: A tale of me
fuck no.

I don't mind rewatching the first 6 episodes

Not that it matters in an anonymous chinamese feces sculpting forum but I am but I am not

>being this hipster

>Code geass
>One of the deepest works of political fiction of the 00's
>Easily deeper than legend of the galactic heroes
>over rated
go watch your isekai nigger shit faggot
>>Lucky Star
>realy?
>unironically being this new to Sup Forums
leave and never come back

QUICK, POST GOOD 2007 ANIME THAT ISN'T TTGL OR LUCKY STAR

Great argument.

>it's so deep therefore it's good
It's not even on the same level as LOTGH just as a show.
>Lucky Star
Just stop. It's shit.