What exactly is the appeal of this manga?

What exactly is the appeal of this manga?

Finally got around to start reading it, but so far it is just some psychopath going around killing people in a fucked up world.

yeah dont read it then

That's part of the appeal.

Do berserkfags still believe that another eclipse will happen?

Wait until you get to the golden age arc. I think it's like 3 volumes in.

Sadly, yes

Its about the character progression. The first volume isnt the actual begining of the story its more of a tease and to make you wonder how guts got to that point when the next arc starts.

That's the boring edgy part nobody likes, just read Golden Age and you're golden

golden age arc is the only good part of berserk.

I got that, it just didn't work when i didn't care at all about the character.

IN my opinion, it's because it instils a sense of hopelessness, that destiny (god, being an evil entity created by the existence of the human mind) predetermines everything. Basically it's the feeling of neverending struggle and impending doom due to cosmic machinations beyond the powers of mankind that is so well portrayed like in no other manga I've read.

That, and the lolis have great butts.

>What exactly is the appeal of this manga?
Cute girl doing cute things

read a little more to see if you like it

it shows him working with teammates and finding a purpose in life

Some faggy ass youtuber likes it or some shit.

The bromance, the brokup and all the darkness that followed it.

Some arcs like lost children where trully great dark fantasy.

Its dark souls of manga

First three volume are just the author to draw edgy shit, just keep reading

Don't listen to these fags, the first 3 volumes might be edgy, but they have a great conclusion, keep going and you'll get hooked by the end of this arc. After it, comes the Golden Age, many people's favorite.

That's literally it.

It's pretty bloody revenge version of GOT

More like Dark Souls is Berserk of games

read it while listening to the original ost, or some orchestral battle music, or something similar to snk ost.

Well then stop reading and spare us the eventual shitposting that will be coming from you in the future.

there is none

berserkfags will say "wait for golden age" but it's all a morass of grim shite

>What exactly is the appeal of this manga?
The Golden Age arc.

Came here to post this.

It's grim shite, but it's not edgy. It's probably the only part where Berserk was actually Dark Fantasy. The people who reed that shit are like druggies. The first high is amazing, and they spend the rest of their lives trying to pursue that first high again. The problem is that their dealer will sometimes disappear for months if not years to play idolm@ster.

The best part about berserk is finding out how edgy mc edge guts got the way he is.
Once the golden age arc starts you know that no matter how good things get for guts, it's all going to go to shit due to those few chapters at the start. So throughout the entire arc there's the sense of impending doom, everytime something happens you think to yourself "is this it? is this what fucked him up?" and then when it finaly does go to shit holy fuck does it get shit.
End of the golden age was intense, made me go from "why the fuck is this cunt so goddamn edgy?' to "holy hell how is this guy not more fucked up than he is?"

>The people who reed that shit are like druggies. The first high is amazing, and they spend the rest of their lives trying to pursue that first high again.

100 percent this. The Golden Age is so good it's what fostered this loyal fanbase who put up with Miura's shit for years and years because of the slight chance that it may return to it's former glory.