Is he right /k/?:

Is he right /k/?: twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/966657362789568512

Literally just take down the "gun-free zone" signs and let teachers concealed carry if they want to. The impact would be resounding

Sure, but the cops will likely kill off any surviving teachers while clearing hte building

Can't wait for some teacher to blast a roomful of ungrateful brats with an uzi.

Why cant trump just say he supports gun control so liberals do a 180?

This, but unironically

This

This, except the anime image. It shouldn't be teachers' responsibility to be armored guards, but if they want to CC they should be allowed to

In a way, yes. The only thing that stops a determined attacker is someone else just as determined and equipped to do so. I’m not sure giving a gun to a 64 year old high school algebra teacher and telling them to go be a sheep dog is the answer.

>psycho starts shooting
>hits and kills some students
>teacher starts shooting as well, catching people in the crossfire and in the other rooms
>maybe kills the psycho, maybe he doesn't, maybe he get killed by other teachers or the police in the extreme chaos
Doesn't seem like a very good idea desu

>They refused to be taught calculus
>So I taught them terror

People talk about this scenario when it comes to concealed carry, but it never fucking happens. The unarmed people, and most unarmed people, will likely get the fuck out of dodge instantly. It's also called a deterrent for a reason, the idea is that Billy Criminal won't commit a crime knowing there's a good chance he'll be peppered with bullets doing it.

Do you think real gunfights are like 10 minute long exchanges of hundreds of rounds?...
How about someone who actually is training and knows what they're doing doesn't just blindly shoot back also into a crowd you jackass...

>Billy Criminal won't commit a crime knowing there's a good chance he'll be peppered with bullets doing it.
I think most school shooters already take for granted that they're not going to survive
I guess, but still I don't think arming a middle-aged guy that should teach literature is a very smart solution

>mfw

Just abolish "gun free zones" entirely and allow anyone to CC anywhere. On top of that, abolish the "may issue" bullshit states like NJ have and force them to issue CC permits.

>I guess, but still I don't think arming a middle-aged guy that should teach literature is a very smart solution
Uhh I don't think anyone said anything about forcing a teacher to train up and carry. I'm pretty sure everyone said to remove the gun-free zone part so that if they want to they can.
Obviously someone inept should do it such as yourself.

No one is saying we should force every teacher to have a gun. Just that if they have a CC permit, they should be able to

>except the anime image

people said the same shit about arming our air place pilots in 1990.
You're likely just too young to remember it.

lay off those tide pods kids.

Students should be able to opt out of attending public school, then. Compulsory education is already morally questionable and of dubious effectiveness. It's a hybrid of - on the one hand - trying to help normal kids, and - on the other hand - trying to keep the mediocre and animalistic in holding pens on the taxpayer's dime while teaching them some basic social skills. As for smart kids, I don't think school provides them with anything other than a waste of time. If you're intelligent, you're already teaching yourself stuff that's beyond anything a high school will teach you by the time you're 16.
To force kids to attend these zoos in the first place is a bit of an atrocity.
To force kids to attend these zoos... and sit in classrooms with armed teachers, teachers who may well not know what they're doing and accidentally shoot someone... is a strange idea.

Then why don't they try to shoot up a police station or a military base then?

>lay off those tide pods kids
But they are so tasty ;_;

students have the option to opt out- right the fuck into home schooling.
Education is a privilege, not a right.

The majority of teachers nowadays are fucking imbeciles that refuse to grow up. They’re basically children bossing around other children because that’s all they ever wanted.

Giving them guns is the last thing I’d do. All it takes is a teacher throwing a tantrum...

You know not everyone had such a terrible experience as you during school.

Not all teachers are raving self important jackasses or 20 year olds fresh out of college 'ready to shape young minds'.

Because they don't have anything against a random cop, they want to kill the chads that bullied them. Same reason they don't fire on people in a bus or a mart

The obvious solution is then to give guns to every child so they can defend themselves both from a school shooter and also their teachers

people that cc are more responsible and law abiding than most of the general population.
These aren't people that throw tantrums- these are people that have something to loose and want to protect it.

we aren't talking about handing everyone a firearm, just those that WANT to cc CAN. We aren't letting them by pass laws here- we're talking about removing signs.

I'm not sure how you miss that unless you're like 16

Yeah, but not all parents are willing to make the decision to homeschool, and even of those who are, not all are capable of doing it. Which again puts the kid in a situation in which he's forced to attend zoos full of violent people, possibly get shot in a school shooting, and now there's the idea of having him possibly shot by a teacher, too. So I think we should give the kids the right to make that decision.
There's nothing you can learn in school that you can't learn outside of it, given modern technology. Smart people don't need school. So in effect school just exists to bump normal people up an awareness level, while keeping the violent and the dumb in a sort of containment zone. The problem is, these two aims are not well compatible with one another.

Yes, except for the kids whose parents are at work 24/7. There are in fact laws that do force kids to go to school until the age of 16 when they can drop out.

My experiences with my teachers were fine. My experiences even with most of my classmates were fine, although there was the occasional violent sociopath to deal with.
I went, for the most part, to good schools though. What about some kid stuck in the inner city?

Yeah, I had a biology teacher in 7th grade who didn't even know that most other countries used the metric system.

Right... kids... the right to choose.
Trust the generation that eats tide pods to make good decisions.
I see your point. I have a little one in school and would prefer the clowns causing trouble to be tossed out.

Republicans have been pretty ruthless in cutting teachers salaries, work-hours, training and basic hiring requirements. So lmao if you think they're paying billions for training and equipment.

I think forcing children to sit on their ass 8 hours a day and then sending them to get pills whenever they "act up" is part of the reason obesity and school shootings have become so prevalent.

Nobody's parents work more than 50 hours a week anywhere in a nation that has compulsory schooling AND gun rights

>Implying that the quality of education magically improves by throwing money at it.
I never understood this line of thought. Then I never understood why people think all children need to be the same and need to learn all the same things and should be shamed for not being good enough at subjects that they could care less about.

Tell me, with someone who who works 40 hours a week, when are they able to meet the legal requirements for homeschooling in their schedule?

Yep... if he does this then i might forgive him for fucking up the economy, expanding the military, and increasing the drug war.

If there were shootings at some major big box store or something the corporate management would figure out how to solve the problem, with security. The left opposes security in schools for the same reason they oppose charities.. they threaten their proposed "solution" to these problems. If teachers stop all the shootings then all of a sudden there is less argument for gun control. I was watching a british debate one time and they were actually fucking demonizing a fucking british cancer charity for giving cancer patients treatment because it was making the NHS look bad. The left is so fucking buttmad about private solutions to problems they will go to any length to insure that problems dont get solved by any other way than by government and even then they do a horrible job.

Like how conservatives are ironically the ones giving money to charities that feed and house the homeless in! Those are all church funded. Meanwhile leftists only want social safety nets if it means that billionaires get extorted and the central government more power!

That being said just remember that Trump's white house gave the pentagon more than 100 billion and the pentagon is still "missing" 7 fucking trillion in addition to the money missing from inflation and other government agencies. How much of those billions of dollars that trump gave the military will actually benefit your life and how much of it will be used to create terrorists to insure that the DOD has a job?

The left and right are both complicit. The real divide is between libertarians and authoritarians. Which would you rather have, a child that requires the threat of punishment to behave or a child that behaves without being told? The government is acting like a crutch for society that prevents us from collectively learning how to take care of ourselves without statist violence!

I'm with you- I want those clowns out. But you're saying let the kids make the choice....
Maybe if your were saying "let parents drop their kids out" I could get on board. but 15 year olds aren't going to take care of themselves....

Up until 1967 it was required that an airline pilot be armed if the plane was transporting US Mail

Basic education and nutrition (in the form of school lunches) is basically 101 of bringing your county out of being a third-world shithole, so it owns at America is going in the completely opposite direction.

yep. I meant to say 2000's not 1990s.
we let pilots be armed after 9/11. everyone was having a fit about arming them saying they were going to snap and shoot people then too.
that never happened ofc....

I wrote my college thesis on why we should be arming them.

>Could care less about

you are like a child, watch this

>It's better to simply let yourself die than to take the chance to avoid dying by joining in a brave final assault against your assailant

Fucking weaklings.

>mutts resorting to "Soviets in Stalingrad"-tier tactics to prevent mass shootings
Lmao

Biology, Band, Banzai Charge

English Literature, Economics, Trench warfare and applied suicidal charges

This. Kids should have the right to choose theur education as well as their sexual partners, period.

user, the only other option here is
>psycho starts shooting
>shoots the people in one room
>no one shoots back
>reloads his gun, then shoots the people in the other rooms
For fucks sake, at least give them a chance to shoot back, even if someone gets caught in the crossfire.

What about making it harder for people to get something capable of killing 10+ in a room in a few seconds?

Join a gang for protection or leave.
>whaaa cant afford to leave
>yfw living in a city costs 2x as much as living in the country people just dont want to do it because muh living assistance and 'im right next to the liquor store' and 'where will i buy my crack?'

>Criminals obey laws

>Not all teachers

That number shrinks year after year, considering the increasing amount of shit good teachers have to kowtow to.

Majority of mass shooting happen with legally acquired firearms, so yes.

So all gun owners are mass shooters, therefore all should be held accountable because of one person?
That's a good mindset, if I could guess I would say you're european, can you still drive a truck or perhaps buy a car battery?

Then why mass shootings don't happen in Europe?

>one person
there are like hundreds of gun homicides each year

Stolen trucks and black market grenades are cheaper than guns.

>Bombed
>Acid thrown on your face
>Raped
>Mowed down by truck
>Mowed down by car
>Stabbed randomly
You're really fixing the country having militarized police.
And you still have mass casualties like the ones in Bataclan, that were castrated by ISIS.

Not an argument. We are discussing weapons laws, not counter-terrorism

>We are discussing weapons laws, not counter-terrorism
there's a difference?

Ahhh, I didn't realize there was a difference between dieing to a freedom truck and dieing to a rifle.

BTW, even in America more people die to stabbings than "assault rifles" .

Well, yeah: the kid shooting up a school isn't a terrorist, or someone that pursues "the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims"

They do.

>he kid shooting up a school isn't someone that pursues "the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims"
But he did

Maybe, but it's an indirect result. His action didn't have political aims

>His action didn't have political aims
have you read his manifesto?

Manifesto about Chad and Stacy being mean to you isn't a political statement.

See

Why are you conflating criminals with other people?

That is litterally every political statement in a nutshell brainlet. Copy and paste Chad and Stacy for the US and Jews in the case for muslim terrorists.

So because more people die because of car crashes or cancer we shouldn't care about the few killed by terrorism?

Chads and Stacies aren't a political force

Dude hundreds? In a a nation of hundreds of millions? With well over a million gun owners?

If you were such a bleeding heart, you would ban alcohol. Kills far, far more a year. As in, exponentially.

Except, they are in high schools. I can think of no greater force. And it extends into later life too.

They vote

statistically speaking, most mass shootings happen in ghettos with illegally-acquired handguns, so you're full of shit

>Is he right /k/?

100% yes, teachers are citizens and all citizens are allowed to bear arms.

If you are talking about pure preventive measures, there are other voluntary means to get rid of before firearms that don't infringe on basic rights, like alcohol.

Careing about a statistical anomaly is silly.

tired: teacher unions
wired: teacher militias

Fucking fag

Then you could probably classify every single act that influences someone else's day as terrorism. You realize it makes no sense

Why doesn't anyone advocate for stationing some police officers in schools? I think it's a good solution since they're already trained to handle guns and to do things that teachers obviously can't.

Now you are getting it. Terrorism is crime, brainlet.

Discounting acts of terrorism from mass killings also makes no sense.

They already do. It's dumb not to. It's also dumb to forbid those that already carry to carry to work. Who the fuck are you to deny another the right to reasonable self defense?

Of course it is, but not every crime is terrorism Yes it does, because if I decide to kill an entire class because they bullied me I'm not trying to change the government policies in any way, my aim is just to kill my bullies. Now if I was to kill my entire class if the government wasn't to, I don't know, retreat its troops from Iraq, that would be terrorism

>hate crimes are totally different than regular crimes

>m not trying to change the government policies in any way,
Except he litterally said he was doing this to change the school to end it. That's litterally terrorism bucko. He was not killing bullies, he was killing everyone to get his message across.

>if he does this then i might forgive him

I'm sure Mr Trump lies sleepless in his bed at night, anxiety gnawing away at him, because some guy on a taiwanese basket weaving forum doesn't want to grant him their forgiveness

Two biggest things that are garentied of a mass shooter is they take anti depression meds and have little to no relationship with there father. So make a policy not letting people on anti depression meds own a gun and problem solved

>Yes it does, because if I decide to kill an entire class because they bullied me I'm not trying to change the government policies in any way, my aim is just to kill my bullies. Now if I was to kill my entire class if the government wasn't to, I don't know, retreat its troops from Iraq, that would be terrorism
But this doesn't explain why terrorism shouldn't be included under mass killings.

Where?
T. Inner city history teacher

Are you an idiot?... You don't hold the market for the definition of terrorism user lmao

There's a reason we distinguish between different crimes
He was depressed and bullied, probably a sociopath. I see no direct political aim

Because terrorism is mass killing, but not all mass killings are terrorism. I explained that earlier "The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims." Oxford Dictionary

>There's a reason we distinguish between different crimes
Hate crimes are just crimes. You're talking about motive which points to a social and mental problem that causes someone to want to do harm to someone because x. It's a crime and that is it, no matter what your liberal arts professor told you.