They could have made this into a sequel of the anime death note and made the Original light the new shinigami

they could have made this into a sequel of the anime death note and made the Original light the new shinigami

This looks fucking retarded.

its not as bad as u may think its not on the anime level but its almost the BEST anime adaption

The beginning isn't even that bad, but then it goes full retard and also becomes a snoozefest.

not anime

The only thing it keeps from the original was the death note itself literally worst adaptation

not best in the series best western adaptation GITS DBZ

Is this the latest Final Destination?

death note

Which Spiderman movie is this?

Wow this is fucking retarded.

My netflix adaption of Death Note is wrong as expected!

The hell u talking about they completely changed the death note.

This is barely anime related. Stop posting these very, very shitty webms.

It's all over again
American taking foreign stuff and turning them into pile of shit.
Then the pile of shit will overshadow the original.
They did this with everything, and now they are doing it to my happy place.

It hurts, I don't know if I can keep going like this

It was alright but Light character and actor is awful.

Also the fatmerican shills are already working hard.
They already invaded all social media, even Sup Forums.

Edge of Tomorrow is best adaptation

It's the Anime Illuminati at work. They are the ones behind live-action remakes to make sure the general public sees it as pure shit and lose interest all together.

>final destination the series

>u
>no capitalization or punctuation
You must be over 18 to post on Sup Forums in general.

If that's the case, I would be happy.

>Get the death note
>5 minutes later show it off to some girl
Truly a thinking mans anime

>>American taking foreign stuff and turning them into pile of shit.
Yes
>Then the pile of shit will overshadow the original.
This has literally never happened. And it won't happen for three reasons
-The original material is generally way more popular than the movie will ever be
-They usually advertise these things by saying they are based on said popular manga or anime causing people to know what the original is and, if they're into anime, check it out
-None of these have actually been successful unlike those other cases which have had success. Like, to compare, no video game movie is ever going to overshadow the original game it's based off of especially with them all being garbage

>bumping the thread

The Ring

Sentai

I know they added some stupid rules because they wrote themselves into a corner

Correct. I was down for it being a dumb highschool drama like Donnie Darko but it actually shit the bed past minute 7. Also good lord

user, Hollywood will never be able to capitalize on anime, it's too diferent for it to work as live action in the west.
Netflix is shilling their DN everywhere but they won't suceed, because the average anime fan doesn't give a fuck about live action.

I was referring to in terms of anime.

Though because the Ring had so few follow up movies, I'm pretty sure way more people know about Ringu and the other films now more than they did back in the day

Thats just because we dont have that many anime adaptions.

Just take a look at sub vs dub. Its just a matter of time until people will call anime watchers hipsters for not watching the improved american live action version.

the odd thing is, Death Note is probably the easiest series to adapt to a western audience while keeping the spirit of the series. and netflix has shown it can get the right people to do such an adaptation, ie Voltron.

I thought it was Final Destination in the webm until the actor for Light showed up.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh another final destination.

>that last destination level of shit
well you might just won me over in this movie

they tried with dragon ball
>failed
they tried with ghost in a shell
>failed
they tried with death note
>Failed

The only one that was good was speed racer and only because the tranny bros loved the anime so much they just remade it with people

and guess what? people hated it because it was just like the anime

It will never happen, dont worry about it

>Just take a look at sub vs dub.
That's been going on since like the 80s

Best thing is Netflix is taking out an absurd amount of loans to fund garbage like this.

Only a matter of time before Netflix expands too fast and too soon and then their profit starts going into the red.

to be honest they have shit like marvel series and Adam sandler movies on their lists
this shit is scraps for then

So how did they kill off L? Did he get lynched?

They didn't.

He survives and find a page of the Death Note, with the movie ending before we are shown if he uses it to kill Light or not.

>Expect Death Note
>Get Final Destination, now claims to be Nip Sourced edition

I thought the worst thing about this movie would be black L and school shooter Light.
Boy, was I wrong.

wuh, Light lives too? Please tell me they at least killed off slut stacey Misa.

I really wanted Light to smirk in this scene as Mia fell, just to show a bit of the original Light.

Light forces himself into a coma and survives. His dad meets him afterwards and says he knows he is Kira but he seems pretty chill about it.
Mia/Misa tries to murder Light and usurp his position but she ends up getting kill.

I'm 25 minutes in and it's already completely fucking retarded.

The first thing light does with the death note is scoring some pussy by showing it to a girl he barely knows.

Does it really get worse ? I don't really see how it could get any worse.

That was one of the funniest death scenes I've ever seen.

Lel

Why didnt he just order Watari to kill L?

It gets worse. It was a waste of time. Probably not going to watch the sequel. At least Death Note started off on the right foot. This was shit from the get go.

>they don't bugged Light phone
>they don't bugged Watari phone
Biggest plothole
It's kinda okay. Just forgot about manga and anime.

Rules. At least in manga as I remember

But it's okay to have people write other names in the book?

Not that user but if Light could write Mia's name and burn his page before he was supposed to be killed I don't see why Watari couldn't have done the same while in the controlled state.

kek. Is there a rape scene?

I'm done thinking about this movie.
Best part though: the use of Air Supply's The Power of Love (I only knew the Celine Dion cover)

How the fuck did Light order the page to burn up in a fire?

hey the music was pretty alright.

Ryuk sez that anything can be set to happen leading to the kill. literally altering reality to get some asshole decapitated.

>Black L>original L

The soundtrack was good. Dafoe's performance was good, too. I wanted him to have more screen time since I really didn't care for Light or Mia. That's all I enjoyed about it.

I liked it. nice retelling while making their own thing.

highlights
>misa dies
>L lives
>Light got laid
>Ryuk watching the world burn
>no death god ex machina (Rem)
>according to keikaku final scene

I didn't like the direction they took it in. The only time I was reminded that Light was smart was according to keikaku at the end. The I do kid's homework didn't help.

Why does he sit like that?

Maybe his butt hurts

It was actually good

Sup Forums is still in denial after they shat on it for so long

Was my boy Darius alright as L?
I love that nigger.

He and Dafoe are best characters in movie

L probably wrote his own name

There were some sences I didn't like him in but had to do more with the plot than his acting. He was really good in Get Out.

He was going to join his main man Watari soon enough.

This would be true if Black L hadn't been an overemotional retard with abandonment issues who was trusted with a laser gun. Obviously, as well if he wasn't ugly as shit but that can also be said for all the characters in the Netflix movie.

He is black now so that excuse makes no sense.

Definitely not a slav but it's surprisingly comfortable. If you want a non meme reason it is the same reason why some cats seem to love sleeping in tight spaces.

Edge of Tomorrow is a terrible adaption, that's the only reason anyone likes the movie. If it was a good adaption people would hate it because it would be shit.

He starts off pretty bad, but after the whole "Getting to know Ryuk" thing he get s a lot better

He was ok before Watari went missing, though all scenes after that he became impulsive and like a stropping puppy.

Not really. Light is plain shit, there is very little positive aspects of him. Netflix Ryuk is good but really different from the original. Mia is just as much as an annoying bitch as Misa. Black L was really lucky in finding Kira and was to dependant on Watari. Plus all the plot holes and retard moments.

Looks like 48 hours Watari's bullshit was real.

It wasn't good but it was slightly entertaining
>Ryuk is great just not in it enough
>Black L is a fucking spaz but fun
>Movie decides that it wants to be neo-noire for 5 minutes at a time with the lighting, music and L/Watari's Bladerunner gun (which I liked)

this is a parody right? the acting is worse than high school productions

The rain/night/synthwave moment was best part of the movie.

>that explanation for L's candy fetish
neat way to expand on his character

What did they say? Sugar helps the brain? I think I zoned out then.

the candies are spiked to keep him awake for days. it's a nod to L's heavy eyebags.

yes and also please stop bullying Akarin

>Light
>giving a shit about some whore

if u think about it ryuk for shadowed the ending in this movie

you know i thought the original death note was edgy but shit this movie takes being edgy to a whole new level with Light and Mia

That's not what the word spike meant in that context. Watari said it would give him an "insulin spike", because that's just what candy actually does. It increases your blood sugar, which will give you a small energy boost, followed by a drop (so he can nap).

Do you think there was one cycle where he just tried to rape Emily Blunt?

im sad black L never pulled off that suger tower original L did in the anime

This is why you shouldn't eat too much marinara sauce guys.

it was.....awyite to be honest but still edgy as fuck even more than the anime

Sugar doesn't give you any more of an energy boost than any other kind of food.