Is this the worst protagonist ever created? protagonists are supposed to be relatable...

is this the worst protagonist ever created? protagonists are supposed to be relatable, somebody we can put ourselves in the shoes of and experience their adventures firsthand. who the fuck is supposed to relate to this emotionless robot whose only mission is to find a father than abandoned him at birth? niggers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1XnqUDIxZhw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>emotionless robot
Is the anime that bad or are you just a retarded nigger?

>wanting to have a generic shonen protagonist rather than an actually well developed character

At least he's not Kurapika

>self insert fags

hes literally the only good protagonist in any shonen ever, so suck my dick faggot

casual filth

That's the most objectively untrue thing I've ever read.

Not about Gon, but about the protagonist needing to be relatable. Get the fuck off this board and go read some books you shitty troglodyte.

>protagonists are supposed to be relatable
Protagonists are supposed to be compelling, at most.

>protagonists are supposed to be relatable, somebody we can put ourselves in the shoes of and experience their adventures firsthand.

Get your own life and stop trying to self insert as Japanese children you fucking manchild

>he doesn't even choose a girl to try and self insert with
manchild mayo guzzling faggot

>I can't self insert as him which means he's a bad protagonist
.......user......

>protagonists are supposed to be relatable, somebody we can put ourselves in the shoes of and experience their adventures firsthand.
protagonists are supposed to be stupid

> Gon
> not relatable
> he doesn't get molested by creepy pedo magicians on a daily basis

Not every protagonist is supposed to be relatable. That depends upon a story. One Piece is the most popular shounen ever and Luffy as weird and alien as protags go.

What every protagonist is supposed to have is a motivation. Like Gon or hate him, he does indeed has a strong motivation which carries him through the whole story.
He's a really weird main hero, though, so I understand why some people may dislike him.
Personally I don't find him all that great or terrible. Not the most interesting character in HxH, but he works.

Is there really anything to add to this guy's review of Gon's character? Seems to cover most everything.
www.hooktube.com/watch?v=1XnqUDIxZhw
youtube.com/watch?v=1XnqUDIxZhw

stop shilling your garbage

If I was shilling garbage, why the fuck would I put a hooktube link there, you retarded faggot? Get with the times, retard.

i really like this video

>protagonists are supposed to be relatable, somebody we can put ourselves in the shoes of and experience their adventures firsthand
No. You are the spectator and nothing else.

Isn't his dad the true protagonist or something

Yes niggers

Gon is neither of those things. He is a generic shonen protagonist minus motivation. All of his motivation is offscreen, so he looks alien to the reader, which makes him no longer quite generic.

But he isn't particularly "developed" either. He's a stubborn blockhead for the whole story.

Eh, Gon is pretty developed. Being developed doesn't necessarily imply change.

Fuck Escanor, OP for no fucking reason at all and asspulls his way to every victory.

>Son of the Demon King meant to be his successor
>lol Escanor sun Mel BTFO WOW

what the fuck

Gon is cute!

name the development.

If they did this then anime would be worse than it already is. Terrible advice. Probably a Jojofag.

>protagonists are supposed to be relatable, somebody we can put ourselves in the shoes of and experience their adventures firsthand

I'll put my shoes up your fucking ass you stupid buttmunching self-insert generic shounen loving normalfag piece of shit.

>protagonists are supposed to be...
Well there's your problem. If you were expecting a kids shonen fuck off and whine about it somewhere else

>He is a generic shonen protagonist minus motivation
>All of his motivation is offscreen
You realize you just contradicted yourself, right? And if you mean Ging he barely ever mentions him, most of the time he gets sidetracked and his motivations are relevant to the arc the story is in
>But he isn't particularly "developed" either. He's a stubborn blockhead for the whole story.
A character having consistent personality traits aren't a lack of development

Is your thread a weak baiting attempt or do you really know this little about what you're talking about?

Everything that defines him as a character comes to a head in the Ant arc.

Killua is cute!

Maybe you can think of it like this.

If your neighbor's dad dies, and you've never met their dad, then you don't really feel it as much as they are.

Gon does the same things as a generic protagonist does, but unlike those protagonists, we don't really understand why he does them, because we don't get to see his motivation. He is still the same person, but he only appears different because we have less information about him.

That's all I mean by "minus motivation." His motivation is not provided to us - we don't really understand what kind of person Kite is, for example, or what he really means to Gon.

Also, it's not my thread, so you shouldn't take my statement to have extra contexts. I just meant that it's hard to label him as either a generic protagonist or a well-rounded character when the reader just honestly doesn't get enough information about him.

Example: Gon vs. Hanzo is very "generic protagonist"-like. He just refuses to give up for some reason. But there aren't any explanations for why he's suicidally stubborn in that scene, i.e. friendship speeches or backstory to explain why he's that way. He just is how he is, and that's all the information you get.

You're an animefag, aren't you?

I've seen this conversation before and I'm going to guess you're talking about Kite. Kite doesn't exactly show all that much of his personality in the manga either.

>we don't really understand why he does them
He literally explains it's because he wants to know what's so great about being a hunter that made Ging abandon him
>we don't really understand what kind of person Kite is, for example, or what he really means to Gon
Have you read the first chapter of this series?

>wanting friendship speeches or backstories to explain a character trait
What the fuck is wrong with you?

Fuck off HxHtards

I didn't say I wanted an explanation. I said that the explanation is absent.

All I've said is that I think he doesn't fit certain character descriptions, not whether I think that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I'm talking about Kite as a character, not Kite as a relative. Like, yeah, Kite raised him, but what kind of person is he, really?

See: your neighbor's dad dying. Yeah, you get that it sucks, but that's about it.

Kite didnt raise him. Kite saved gon and told him his dad was alive.

>Kite raised him
He didn't
>See: your neighbor's dad dying. Yeah, you get that it sucks, but that's about it.
Wait, are you saying you weren't emotinally invested in that character now? I don't think that's relevant to anything else discussed in this thread nor was it the point of his character, Kite's character was just being a good guy who had a lot of experience who was close to Gon and was the catalyst to his decent

I got the impression that they timeskipped a bit where Kite taught Gon for a while.

Literally laid on in the first chapter. Kite's importance to Gon isn't understated either, he saved Gon's life, gave him a motive, and Gon mentions many times that he'd like to see Kite again. It's one of the first things he tells Killua in fact and he brings him to the spot where they first met.

>hes literally the only good protagonist in any shonen ever
My, my user. You have much growing up to do.

Hey, shit janitors, what the fuck.
Hooktube link is so the guy gets no views. Suck a bag of dicks. Fucking janitor shits. Do your job better.

>is this the worst protagonist ever created?

If you think Gon is the worst protagonist ever in anything, then you should watch and read more stuff.

Even if it's just anime, there are a LOT worse Protags

>protagonists are supposed to be relatable, somebody we can put ourselves in the shoes of

>But there aren't any explanations for why he's suicidally stubborn in that scene
You didn't read it did you?

>who the fuck is supposed to relate to this emotionless robot whose only mission is to find a father than abandoned him at birth? niggers?
As suppose to the gay ass garystu Killua, who is the edgy teenage assassin whom only relatable to faggot teenages with daddy issues and school shooters?

>Probably a Jojofag.
>Jojo protagonists
>Relatable
Bitch please, at least use a proper fanbase to which the relatable bs is actually fitting.

You're seriously missing the point of what a relatable character is or what writers try to accomplish with this.
It's more about how real his motivation and struggle to achieve his goals are, something that feels compelling and that manages to make the character going through the story feel close enough to a real human being with fears and ambitions.
tl;dr He doesn't need to be you, his personality and goals just need to feel like someone that could exist.