One Piece - the Gomu Gomu no mi

Why is Luffy devil fruit the only one who cause a burden on the users body?

Also didn't it became half useless since haki was introduced? (he couldn't get hurt by normal punches)

What would happen if Buggy was cut with haki? His fruit should be useless in the New World

Other urls found in this thread:

livestream.com/thisfinetemperedstream
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Learn to speak English properly, you 3rd world scum.

Fuck off skin head

totally agree, the overuse of haki ruined the anime

He's the only paramecia with power ups that modify his insides as well as everything else so I guess its because of that. And it is half useless against stronger opponents.

the power up which causes Luffy harm was copied from WB so it's really not an ability exclusive to his devil fruit.

I don't think so, now fights actually are a danger to him

>What would happen if Buggy was cut with haki? His fruit should be useless in the New World
Well Mihawk chopped him up and he survived.
Chopper also has negative side effects as well.

In theory haki should be of only one type per person (I don't remember the chapter it says this) so only 1/3 or less should have armature haki, the others sould have prediction and wichever was the third. Also why is luffy not using king haki on last chappters? Sure it will not affect most of mama's crow but at least some would no?

he dumb

So many spics who need to learn English in here. Not to mention they are low powerlevel newfags who need to lurk the fuck more.

u butthurt?

They were a danger before haki too, he's vulnerable to knives and water, look at the Arlong fight again !

>knives and water

too powerful, im scared

Haki doesn't actually negates DF powers. If Luffy is hit by Haki with blunt forces he'd take damages but his body would still react like rubber does.
In the War of the Summit Akainu took hits from Vista and Marco and commented on their abilities to use Haki, yet took no damages, I assume logias can simply bend their bodies out of the way of attacks, or it's simply a case of "my haki is stronger than yours so your attacks have no effects",but considering Akainu in that situation was cut from Vista's slash I would say that's not the case.

Buggy can't be chopped up because having an Haki-enhanced blade don't negate the fact that cuts pass right through him.

Remember that only Blackbeard's fruit has the ability to turn a person who ate a fruit into a completely normal human.

it's not like they can keep having battles where everyone is using knifes.
It's better for them to have unique attacks but with haki so it means something.

Can you speak other languages than your own you stupid little shit?

OP here
My alphabet isn't even the same as yours yet I do the effort to learn
Now shut the fuck up and contribute to this thread or fuck off

Wasn't the whole "Luffy is invunerable to blunt attacks" rule always super inconsistent?

>Why is Luffy devil fruit the only one who cause a burden on the users body?
It doesn't. Forcibly pumping blood through his body faster than normal is what causes a burden.

>Also didn't it became half useless since haki was introduced?
Yes, but they brought it's usefulness back in Gear 4. His haki cancels out the enemy's haki while his inflated body absorbs hits better. They show it when Doflamingo tries to kick him.

>What would happen if Buggy was cut with haki?
Well Mihawk cut him to ribbons during the war in marineford and he was fine. We don't know that Mihawk was using haki at the time, but it would be odd if he wasn't.

The wall just got 10ft higher.

Mihawk never goes all out against week opponents. I don't believe he knew Buggy had devil fruit powers before he cut him the first time so he didn't see the point of going all out and use his Haki.

It was pretty consistent except for the nonsense that is impact damage. IE: Impact dial and that weird attack the CP9 guy used

Devil Fruits are getting too weird, and not in a good way. There was a coherence to them, randomness apart. Not anymore.

Now many of them are a clumsy mishmash of abilities that barely make sense or are straight up copies of past ones. What was Sugar's fruit, for example? Her powers should be many devil fruits working together, not that shit pulled out of Oda's ass. Doflamingo's crew was shit in that sense, although Big Mom's crew made up for it. Her fruit sounds stupid, though.

I thought that in the New World, we'd see creative uses of devil fruits, considering the kind of seasoned warriors expected there, but Oda just made the fruit's powers more asspulled and unappreciatable.

Sugar's power was fine. She turns people into puppets she can manipulate.
All of doflamingo's crew had powers that were fine.

they used the same principle as Jinbe's fishman fist

the attacks could damage luffy because the water inside him rippled and caused internal damage

Turning them into toys was fine but the wiping out all the memories of those people was too much. Its practically manipulating reality. However I did like how the characters were horrified by it. Usopp talking about not even remembering Robin and not wanting to live in a world without Luffy was awesome.

She does that AND erases the person of everyone's memories AND doesn't age. Broken as fuck.
As for other crewmates, the art thing from that old lady was lame and seemingly broken too. Machvise and Gladius had shameless copies of older characters' powers.

The Machvise one is weird. Could it be the same power returned as a new devil fruit? Maybe girl who had it is dead. Not sure if they show Machvise using that power in a flashback though.

>Sugar's devil fruit
>grants immortality
>has the ability to turn people into toys
>memory modification
>the ability to control people's actions
that shit is broken

Chopper.

>Also didn't it became half useless since haki was introduced?
Still just as useful, he still hits people with a ton of force from a long distance.

>What would happen if Buggy was cut with haki?
Nothing, his ability is relatively unaffected by Haki but in turn is more vulnerable to conventional tactics (e.g. tying up his loose body parts like Nami did early on).

No the only times Luffy got hurt were by people with Haki or by attacks that vibrated his insides.

And one power has nothing to do with the other.
Oda just didn't care when writing that crap.

he needed a plot convenient fruit and wrote some bullshit.

doesn't make her immortal
just stops aging
you can still shoot her

Toei being Toei ruined the anime

It causes self damage because he's not content with normal usage and he's basically abusing his body to get power ups.

biologically immortal

I'm currently on chapter 139 Is the anime worth it or should I just keep reading the manga?
Please no spoilers

Read the manga and then check out if the anime did your favorite scenes justice.

You can also watch the anime at 2x, it's extra slow peaced.

You can also skip some episodes that are fillers, but don't skip the first ones, those are better peaced.

This happens during the dressrosa parts, it's basically a complete stop until the reactions are over.

Night is still young, so I'll post again.
livestream.com/thisfinetemperedstream
Bring snacks

Early seasons the anime is worth it, and some of the filler is actually quite good. Post Skypia arc naval base is a good example of that. Also there was one arc that was done in the anime cut from the manga where Usopp runs into some guy who dueled his dad.
Later on though the anime starts dragging out scenes hard aka 15 pages of manga into 20 minutes of anime.

Luffy's the only one who tried. I'm sure Bellamy could have his own Gear2.

DUDE HAKI LMAO

Everyone forgets Ms Doublefinger, she had spikes that somehow let her dope her body.

What the fuck is with Tamago's devil fruit?

Who can defeat Big Meme?

Doffy also told luffy about the ''awakening'' of ones ability, right after that it seemed like doffy fruit went overdrive and turned everything into strings he could manipulate, also Chopper berserker mode was described as ''the devil fruit going wild'' after three rumble balls when it was first shown so there's definetly a super sayain form for all devil fruit users

I feel like Oda hadn't properly thought through how Haki interacts during the war arc. It's definitely more refined now, we even get visual indicators a lot of the time, which was something that was very lacking pre-timeskip. As of right now, based on what we've been shown, Logia can guard with Haki to retain their elemental form. It's been a while since I've read through that part of the story, but I'm pretty sure it just allows you to break through their elemental defense and hit their real body. As such, we should probably assume that, Buggy would be cut like any normal person with a Haki imbued blade. However, it's entirely possible there are devil fruits that don't follow the established rules of the series so far, his could be one of them.

Dracule.

Sanji

I'm going to marry Boa Hancock!

It's the fruit that could be one of the forgotten normal zoans but had to have a "funny" gimmick.
It's another problem I have with post-timeskip, zoans are only worth anything if they are "mythical", "ancient" or whatever type of snowflake type. Not being enough, Oda will most likely turn Smiles into normal zoans, further removing any importance they had.

Isn't there a bit of a reputation for spics loving anime?

Daily reminder that God Emperor is so shit at his job that even with all three branches he has to threaten to shut down the government just to get his biggest promise passed.

So when do the pirates act like pirates again?

What do you mean? Zoans were always semi-trash. The Timeskip didn't change jack fucking shit. Lucci is going to be just as fucking powerful as ever and give Luffy just as much of a hard time with his fruit. The only difference is that he'd be using Haki this time. That's fucking it.

>again
>implying the pirates ever acted like pirates

The thing with Buggy is that he cuts himself up all the time. The other half of his power is putting himself back together after all, and Haki doesn't change that. If you cut off his arm, he'll just reattach it. He's a Paramecia, not a Logia. Striking his true body doesn't change shit. He's not a man that can turn into fire, he's a man that can attach and detach parts of himself at will.

Haki-infused smashing attacks will still fuck him up though, so you just use the reverse of the blade instead.

It's not.

>Also didn't it became half useless since haki was introduced? (he couldn't get hurt by normal punches)
It didn't.

>What would happen if Buggy was cut with haki? His fruit should be useless in the New World
You have no idea how haki works.

Nah, zoans were treated as legit powers before the author invented the snowflake types. At the latest, CP9s talked a lot about it being the best for warriors, about optimizing and greatly enhancing all physical abilities and so on.

Perhaps Oda noticed the unbalancing with X Drake's and the planned Marco's fruit, so he pulled out of his ass some supersayan crap with that "awakening" nomenclature, not even explaining as he most likely didn't know what to do with it, fucking his manga shit up. Now he extends it to all fruits, further cementing normal zoans below all fruits and guaranteeing stupid asspulls in the future with Luffy's or villains' fruits.

Jack seems like his last try. Despite it being a snowflake "ancient" type, as far as anyone is concerned it's just a fucking elephant.

I honestly don't understand your point. All you've said is "snowflake this" and "snowflake that". What is the issue with zoans exactly? How are they any different? Zoans still are the best option for a pure brawler like Lucci said. That hasn't changed. If you train your ass, that fruit will come through. It still greatly enhances your abilities. I genuinely don't understand what your issue is. Are you saying Lucci is going to have different abilities in the future?

My problem is that normal zoans seem generally weaker than mythical ones, and that Oda will relegate them to a lower status.
We already see that devil fruit powers in general are getting more and more convoluted, and that any zoan user of higher status has a special type and is never a pure normal zoan. With Smiles introduction, I fear that they'll be further devalued when fake fruits are pretty much the same as those real ones and that eating a normal type zoan will appear to be a dumb move, as any other fruit type will be a better option.

this remember how luffy needed a plan to counter Crocodile fruit, or other fights now you only Haki to fix all problems

big meme was lucky luffy was holding back

From what we've seen of SMILE users they work differently from natural zoans. They can't transform completely and can only transform their limbs. It was also mentioned in Punk Hazard that SMILEs have drawbacks.

Buggy cannot be cut by Haki, or rather he CAN be "cut" by anything and self-cuts himself with his split ability.

>Normal Fist
Doesn't hurt Luffy
>Haki imbued Fist
Hurts Luffy
>Normal Blade
Cuts Buggy
>Haki imbued Blade
Cuts Buggy

What if the drawback was it made you smell like a sweater animal haha

>eating a normal type zoan will appear to be a dumb move, as any other fruit type will be a better option.
Given the rarity of DFs you can't really be choosy
Also there are many top tier pirates that managed without a DF, so having a Zoan at all would be a plus on top of that

Better than Luffy conveniently finding every Logia'a weakness and said Logia allowing him to see exploit it.

But surely they're supposed to be weaker than mythical zoans or even ancient ones. A leopard vs a fucking T-rex? A phoenix? Buddha? Come on. Zoans were always, ALWAYS, the most simple and plain fruit. We've seen multiple SMILEs in action and they don't seem to be good at all. They look like an infection. Or a mutation. They don't seem to affect the entire body like a pure zoan. And pure zoans are the ones that can have 3 modes. Human, Hybrid and Animal. The SMILEs are the equivalent of just giving someone a weapon. It's no different really.

Next time you write a nice paragraph like that do us all a favor and try to talk like a normal human being instead of spewing your "snowflake" shit at every opportunity like a braindead retard.

Have you read the recent chapters?
Better yet, have you read One Piece?

ace dies

>should I watch the anime of a long running battle shonen
no

mihawks swords are black because they are always haki infused; that is, he was definitely using haki

also oda said that buggies fruit doesnt let him be chopped but lets him split and section off his body; that is again, buggy split before mihawks sword could go through. maybe its involuntary

>also oda said that buggies fruit doesnt let him be chopped but lets him split and section off his body
Did he? Because I remember multiple instances of Buggy reminding his enemies that cutting him won't work.

>Mihawk's swords are black because they are always haki infused
No. Absolutely not. It's a black blade. That's literally it. Just like Shusui, Zoro's/Ryuma's sword. It's even called a Black Blade. Mihawk does use Haki on it but that's not the reason why it's black.

after its been infused with haki it becomes a "black blade"

Why does everybody here hate Big Mom?

No, he means that it can be as strong as one. Like I said, it's a black blade because of the material it's built with. Like Zoro's other sword. Unless you're telling me Zoro somehow used CoA before Hardening was ever a thing?

That translator is shit at English.

it was already infused by ryuma and the haki stayed in there even after death

O

MY

RUBBER

NO

NO FUCK YOU

user couldn't do it lel

AWAKENING

>all these "badass" alt art
Oda wants stupid design, kids. If anything, it's much probable for a big headed or big assed form than this.

Expect Gomu Gomu no Down Syndrome, when Luffy perfects his Gomu Gomu no Baka and sacrifices his brain and chromossomes to become as retarded as possible. At least this way we avoid the meaningless trope of "sacrificing years of life".

What happened with Akainu vs WB's commanders is that Akainu deformed his body before the strikes hit his body using observation haki. Normally, passively using logia is enough to be invulnerable but against armor haki users it turns into just a regular fruit. This is why Akainu said it was annoying to fight haki users. He has to play prediction games.

I don't think Luffy's final form will look silly.

Mr 3 have best fruit, prove me wrong. Not in the "powerlevels", but in overall fruit abilities

To be fair, until Gear Third his forms were good. Gear Second was awesome, the silly after effect of shrinking didn't diminish that.

All fights would turn into:
>luffy puts on the seastone brass knuckles
Or the other end of the spectrum is:
>teamwork to magic up some counter.

I like the latter option, but how the fuck would you make it work? Some logia would only be counter-able via other logia. What the fuck do you do to a gay made of light, magma etc Do mirrors have 100% reflective capability to deflect his heat? Does the crew some how carry around the 'anti-akainu freezer machine' utterly everywhere? It could have been a cool moment like TB where they use team work and SCIENCE, but if it's used frequently you wonder just where the fuck Franky/Ussop is getting the materials, and how they are carrying them around.

Armorment haki just solved the problem of logia being way over powered.

The strongest fruits seem to be reality bending Paramecias like Sugar and Pudding's fruits.

Haki is shit now every fodder can locate someone outside of his range of vision Oda ripped the entire element of stealth out of his manga and its just more brainless punchin just now with niggerfists. The luffy overdosis killed the manga this guy is such a retard I hate every panel he is in. dressrosa water sewers.