How does Sup Forums feel about doctors and medicine in general?

Young doctor here. I made a thread on here a few days ago about how y'all still feel about humanity in general and got some good feedback. I was mostly interested in how you view the world when you're both on this page and in the world of your daily lives, especially regarding race and religion, and if there is any correlation between the two.

Today I'm more interested in how you view the current state of medicine and especially how you relate to your doctors, both primary/family care physicians, ER docs, surgeons, hospital medicine staff, and medicine in general. Do you trust and like doctors? Do you hate or just want to avoid them? Do you believe that we're legitimately concerned for your health and well being? Do you think we're part of (((their))) scam to milk you of your insurance and personal money so that we can make our extravagant "doctor money"?

The patient-doctor relationship is one of the most important and inherently vulnerable relationships that we experience in life, which is one of the many reasons I love my profession. I sincerely want to know how I can be a better physician

At the age of 30, the state needs to lighten up on the mentally ill by reinstating their bill of rights, including their second amendment

How do you think that should be enacted?

I don't trust modern medicine. All I see on TV is commercials pushing drugs, then two years later a commercial with lawyers listing how many complications the drug has caused. I don't really trust hospitals either. They seem to care more for profits then patients.

As far as doctors and nurses, I believe most are good people trying to help people. But, they are somewhat culpable in the fact that I don't see them doing much to handle the problems in their field of business.

Insurance is a fucking joke and a scam.

checked and agreed. That's exactly what we experience as healthcare professions, as well. People may think that doctors are at the top of the medical hierarchy, but it's really the admins that usually only have MBAs and no clinical experience. Plus, to deny the effects of big pharma is to plead incompetent ignorance. We both need and hate them. The thing to remember is that we're constantly trying to find the best treatment for anything, and a lot of times these treatments are approved and even fast tracked by the FDA because of their clincal promise and efficacy but even then we still don't know the long term problems bc of howo fast we try to treat big problems. The thing to remember is that doctors only practice evidence based medicine, which means that, unless a newer and truly better medication or practice has been proven, we won't do it. It's only until many years later that these lawsuits arise based on effects that weren't initially seen in trials

shameless self bump for science

One thing I've noticed is many doctors do not stand up against those who push something just to make money. My father had to have his prostate removed the surgeon who performed the operation had been a surgeon for over twenty years but the hospital had just gotten a new da Vinci surgical machine. He had hardly any training with the thing, but used of anyway because the hospital was pushing him to so they could pay for the machine. He wound up cutting into my fathers colon and creating a fissure. Which took multiple surgery's to correct. He said in court he didn't know what he was doing, but used the new method because the hospital wanted him to.

Can’t stand when most doctors don’t take the first step of checking diet, sleep, exercise, vitamin levels etc when people go for depression/anxiety. I feel like psych meds are fucking this country.

On another note, in some states a doctor can pull your license for just about anything without submitting paperwork or documentation. The idea for the laws are for preventing dangerous elderly from driving and people with seizure disorders, but My gf got hers pulled after skipping her check up because she had the intentions of switching docs, but the original doc got her licensed pulled forcing her to go in for the check up and have the paperwork ‘filed’ for her eligibility to drive. I’m sure if we came from money I could basically burn the office down but being from the peasant class we play ball

>How does Sup Forums feel about doctors and medicine in general?
Very trustworthy.

Ehh might as well use them for something.

Wow, that's undoubtedly fucked if he really said that he didn't know what he was doing. da Vinci is a pretty new surgical triumph in many ways, but it's totally foreign to older surgeons. What did the court decide? I'm not familiar with prostate removal procedures, so I can't say whether he would have had less of a risk during a less novel procedure, but I hope his surgical problems were at least corrected if not compensated

They gave him $148,000. I don't know what they did to the surgeon he is still in practice. Basically he admitted that this was the first time he had used the machine without supervision, and had only used it two times before with supervision. He blamed the hospital for pushing them to use the machine.

fuck every medicine besides bone fixers

OP here. Not sure I fully understand your post. What medical problem did your gf have in the first place that led to this?
Besides that, regarding your first sentence, are you speaking from personal experience with a doctor about something that pertains to you, specifically?

Doctors these days are abomination. They see the patients like 2 seconds , they all comes from foreigns countries like Romania or Africa. Nurses are better believe. Doctors are afraid of anything. They are just good at prescribing that’s all. They are no better than pharmacist and that’s a shame. Med Students deserve the bullet now , this job is going to Hell.

Hey doc! Question for you. I am a woman, but I was born with a penis and nuts. What do?

Also why all the doctors I met in hospital NEVER put gloves when they check a patient ? This is really disgusting. What are they learning at school for Christ sake ?

>The patient-doctor relationship is one of the most important and inherently vulnerable relationships that we experience in life, which is one of the many reasons I love my profession. I sincerely want to know how I can be a better physician
STOP ACTING LIKE SUCH A FUCKING PUSSY YOU FUCKING BITCH

Have some fucking humility. Yeah being a doctor is special and shit but this attitude of "we're such noble humanitarians" is toxic. We are MERCENARY healers. We are not Ss. Cosmas and Damien. We provide a benefit that is limited and we harm a lot of people in the attempt.

Medical educators want us to be betacuck anodyne pussy faggots. Do NOT give in. If you do you will victimize your patients on behalf of the fucked up system and you will be miserable and sociopathic idiots who think they genuinely feel the same as you will eat you alive.

Fuckinay man, I'm really sorry to hear that, but I hope your dad is at least better not regarding compensation. How is he doing regardless?
But you bring up the important aspect that I talked about earlier. Despite the risks that were involved with a less experienced doc performing the surgery, the admins still deemed it necessary for him to do it. It's the blind leading the sighted with this shit, and it's infinitely fucked. Of course the surgeon should have admitted his inexperience from the beginning, but that's horrifically how it goes, especially in the surgery world

>I am a woman
>I was born with a penis and nuts.
Okay
>What do?
kys

We shouldn't have doctors. Relying on a human being to detect whether or not something is medically wrong with you in this day and age is fucking absurd. I've personally known three different people who were shrugged off by their primary care physician and each other ended up in the hospital and being diagnosed with cancer (One cancer of the lung, one cancer of the bone, and one I don't quite remember).

I understand that we're going to have to put up with doctors until we invent some sort of technology which can scan you inside and out, detect whether or not you're on track to develop some type of disease at a molecular level, and provide a full scope of the current state of your health, but until that day arrives, doctors need to pull their heads out of their asses and fucking LISTEN to the patient when they complain that something is wrong with them.

Also, they're very fucking vague. For a group of people who claim to make communication the most important thing with their patients, they sure do make some nebulous, hazy fucking statements. Case in point, I had severe pain in my lower left side and finally just said fuck it and went to the emergency room and the doctor told me "It could be anything."

I said "Okay, if it could be anything, that means it could be something over which I need to worry a great deal or something over which I don't need to worry at all .... so .... which is it?"

He said it was probably a muscle pulled from the way I sit all day and told me that I should "probably get it checked out".

Yeah, it's not like I'm in a fucking hospital or anything where I came specifically to get it checked out.

So anyways, doctors are awful. Unless you have an extremely specific set of symptoms which they can readily identify as belonging to a severe disease, they couldn't fucking care less. But until we get robots to scan us, we'll just have to deal with it.

>Do you hate or just want to avoid them?
Little column A little column B. I'm sure there are good doctors out there but way too many just do what they're told like says which leads to abominations like modern pharmaceuticals, infant male genital mutilation being propagandized as "better" and the lies surrounding organ donation. American medicine is one of the most toxic institutions on the planet on top of not actually helping in a huge number of cases.

dude where tf do you live lmao

The day humans go to Doctor Roboto instead of me and my faggoty idiotic colleagues we will all say Domo Arigato because we will not get killed by incompetent idiots at nearly the same rate

If you grew up poor and became a doctor, redpilled. These are often the best physicians as they are interested in medicine foremost, and also tend to not care about prestige.
If you grew up as a rich wealthy person whose interest in medicine amounted to "I want to help people", you need to jump off a cliff. These idiots had the starry notion of wanting to be a doctor when they grow up but never dropped it. The multi-generational wealthy are narcissistic and self-centered, and will encourage their kid to proceed even if they are not cut out for it. Then, when push comes to shove, the MCAT approaches which they are woefully ignorant concerning the material therein--- most people without resources would simply throw their hands up and say "looks like I'm not cut out!", but no, these people are so delusional that they pay thousands of dollars to have someone explain to them like a child the content for hours at a time, so that they have a high school understanding of chemistry and biology. Only then, can they "succeed" at the test, meagerly but nonetheless, they are in. They struggle through medical school, cheating at times. They are well prepared though, having had family connections to guide them like a baby throughout the entire process (rotations and all). Often the result is an simpleton who has no understanding of medicine and thinks they learned everything in medical school, this sort of "doctor" will not read any journals and, would never even entertain news of them, god forbid, because they only endorse strictly FDA indicated treatment.
Rich incompetents abound in medicine.

Really important aspect of medicine you've brought up, actually. Despite the many years of training and infinite time we've spent studying diseases, when somebody says "I have severe pain in my lower left side", we're taught to go through an algorithm of hundreds of possible causes.Real life doesn't present itself as we're taught to believe. I could tell you how infinitely hard medicine is but you don't give af, you just want to feel better, which is also infinitely fair.

Regarding your friends, cancer is especially tricky, bc it presents as so many mundane medical problems in its infancy, Diseases only become obvious when they present with obvious markers and symptoms.

The idea of "disease scanners" always seems like an obvious solution to needing doctors, but it's just not gonna happen for another 100 years unless the entire country's medical budget is put into it for another 50 years. I'm pulling these number out of thin fuckin air, but I just want you to understand how insanely complex the human body is, especially when it comes to symptoms and biomarkers.

I already know I haven't answered each aspect of your post, but I wish I could. That's the state of today's medicine. It's a handful of doctors trying to answer each patient in their entirety while also trying to another hundred patients in their entirety. There simply isn't enough time, no matter how much we try

>you need to have your penis mutilated

I grew up in a dirt poor family in Alabama, the first in my family's history to go to med school, much less a highly respected school in general. I understand the point of your post, but what point are you trying to get across?

these days it's all about pushing pharma "products", or reading out test results from a bank of computers

there's a reason why the super elite still use homeopathic doctors (along with their steady diet of stem cells)

If you are white or not

jk, this is the most accurate description of doctors I've ever seen

I understand it's difficult to be a doctor and you often don't know what's wrong, but "peace of mind" is often more valuable to a patient than an accurate diagnosis. Not being a smug, irritated asshole and listening to the patient and saying "I don't exactly know what's wrong at this point, but from the sounds of it, it's probably nothing to worry about, if that makes you feel any better."

That goes a hell of a lot farther than "I dunno, could be anything." because then the patient thinks "Fucking great, I either have cancer or a little muscle ache. Perfect." and this is also the type of behavior which drives people away from doctors.

Do you have any idea how many times I've heard people contemplate the idea of going to a doctor about some problem they have and then hear someone else say "Well, what's a doctor gonna do?"

It sounds absurd, but when you think about it, they're right: What ARE they gonna do? They can only prescribe pills or the scalpel and if you don't need either one, there isn't shit a doctor can do for you. Don't get me wrong, you definitely should go to a doctor no matter what's wrong with you, but I'm just letting you know this kind of smug, uncaring behavior keeps a lot of people away because they think "Well, the doctor won't give a shit, and even if I do have some condition they requires pills or surgery, he won't give enough of a shit to properly diagnose me, so I won't get the meds or the surgery, so fuck it, I'm just gonna wait and hope it goes away."

Your trade union has the AMA has secured a government enforced monopoly on your behalf. This allows you to provide shitty service at an exorbitant price. They decide exactly ho many hospital beds are allowed in every market and exactly how many doctors graduate from medical school every year. There would be little need for insurance if it wasn't for that. With peoples lives on the line this is literally extortion. You are arrogant because of the blind trust and admiration afforded you by the general public. On top of artificial scarcity affirmative action means that most of you aren't even the best qualified at your profession. You have far more incentive to treat people then to heal them. You are also the biggest drug dealers in the nation. This opiate epidemic is your fault. After years of taking those cholesterol drugs my grandfather can barely form a coherent sentence. Oncologists get five grand for every victim they terrify into chemo. How many lives have your kind ruined in exchange for paid vacations, kickbacks, and blowjobs from the drug company representative? You people are the third leading cause of death according to your own trade journal so to answer your question, no I'm not fucking impressed.

Oh, and the least you could do is show up on time for your own appointments. That is the whole point of making one. Look up the definition if you need to. Any customer who felt like he had an actual choice wouldn't put up with such blatant disrespect.

What do YOU think about the industry today? You are a young doctor, after all.

Would you feel comfortable going in for anesthesia in a surgery center? Would you trust the anesthesiologist?

This is exactly the post that I was both expecting and almost hoping to get. This shit happens all the time. And as long as medicine is practiced by humans it's going to happen sometimes. Sometimes, though.

I fuckin hate that you have this experience and idea about doctors that they can only do so much and even don't really care. It does happen. But it happens in such a minority of cases that people only care about it as a story that's outside of the majority.

I know there are fuckin douchebag doctors, I've had to deal with them for years through med school and beyond. Practicing "peace of mind" to our patients is something that we train for heavily, but there's no counting for the assholes that slip through the cracks.

You're totally right, the drift between what doctors explain and patients understand is vast, but I can guarantee that what you've told me will go a long fuckin way. The scope of what doctors can achieve is sadly within your scope, but I swear we dedicate our lives to changing that

You asked how Sup Forums felt about "doctors" which is so diverse in makeup, outlook and approach of individuals, that it cannot be bound as a neat cohesive entity.
This was further dissected to capture the widest rift within. The point? There exist fundamentally two types of physicians, two distinct entities that under no circumstance should be grouped, confused, or linked with one another whose motives for practice and approach to medicine is as different as night is to day.
It is like comparing an NPC to an actual player. We're painting with broad brushstrokes here but, nonetheless, these generalizations, anyone working in a professional capacity in medicine (provided they aren't one), should recognize as self-evident.
Unfortunately, the play doctor NPCs, are the majority. They are so successful that they lobbied the AAMC to have the MCAT include soft sciences so that their dim kids can follow in their footsteps, and petitioned a number of institutions to shift emphasis from away GPA to give futher consideration to so called "softs".
Admittedly, my post was more a bitter harangue than any logically coherent approach to what you wanted answered.

Natural order needs to regulate the population. As far as minor ailments go we have the internet now. I can self diagnose most all of my problems. Why would I waste money on u to tell me what the fuck I already know. No one really respects u guys anymore. Personal care and the private practice are dead. As far as life threatening issues go, I should let it kill me so I don't pass on shitty genes. Best neck yourself before you get sued by some greedy lying niggers senpai.

>get weird rash on hands and feet
>as family friend who is a surgeon, says never seen anything like that but go see your doctor user
>go see doc
>I've never seen anything like that but you should go to the hospital immediately
>go to hosiptal
>get African doctor, won't answer any questions, spouts stuff that as a layman I now to be wrong
>infectious disease specialist at hospital has no clue what is wrong with me
>isolate me, everyone in full hazmat gear, start taking blood, won't tell me what they are testing for
>keep trying to get me to say I have syphilis as they are convinced I have the late stages of the disease
>calmly ask how I can skip the early stages of a disease and go right to the final stage
>tell me they are going to hold me for 24 hours, I say fuck that and leave
>wait for blood test results
>hurricane hits and can't get test results back
>evac myself and kids from flood with skin now peeling off the bottom of my hands and feet, extreme pain
>starts to heal the following week
>almost healed, when my oldest gets the same rash, freak out, take him to pediatrician
>it was just hand, foot mouth disease. A mild virus kids get in daycare
>hospital tries to bill me 7000 dollars for care. Got them down to $80

Checked. Do you think doctors are the driving force in all of this?

>that they can only do so much and even don't really care

Well, I mean, outside of prescribing medications and penciling in surgeries, what can you do? If a lifestyle change is needed to change a patient's condition, you can't force them to make that change. If better relationships and a better diet would make a patient feel better, you can't force them to change their attitude or prescribe them a pill to make it easier for them to make friends or change their eating habits. Medication and surgery are about all you can do. Outside of that, you can only inform the patient and tell them what they need to do to alleviate their problems and whether or not they follow through with that isn't up to you.

As far as not caring, that's not even the point. Just pretending as if you do care would do a world of good. You see doctors who become annoyed with patients because they think they're psychotic hypochondriacs, you see doctors who don't listen to patients because they Googled their symptoms and think there's something wrong with then, and you see doctors who don't give the proper attention to their patients because they're just plain fucking exhausted.

No one is saying you HAVE to care, that's not your job and I highly doubt any of you actually do care (like the doctors who misdiagnosed three people I know who had cancer, I bet they're sleeping like fucking babies), but pretending like you do is enough for us, it really is. And when you don't even pretend to care, that's fucking frightening.

Also, it isn't "a few who slip through the cracks", I'm almost 30 years old and I only met one doctor who wasn't a complete dismissive asshole, he was a derm specialist I had to go to because of a weird spot on my shoulder, guy was as sweet as could be. I believe if you asked most people and got them to be honest, they would admit that their doctor is AT BEST dismissive and AT WORST a complete cunt.

My mom did meth and heroin while she was pregnant with me. Also my entire family is psychotic. I'm 25 and never seen a doctor. Could they help my catatonic "depression" or is everything medicine related just kikes trying to make me docile ?

This happened with a dentist, but I fear it with doctors as well. For a long time I didn't have insurance. I would just pay out of pocket, cheaper for me overall. Anyway, at the dentist they would usually find a cavity or two and tell me, "no big deal. Just keep brushing." I eventually got a job with cheap insurance coverage. After my first visit to the dentist with insurance, I suddenly needed to have those "No big deal cavities" filled. So, I got the fillings, but I always wonder if it was coincidence or if now that I was insured I was pushed into having having holes drilled into my teeth because my insurance was paying for it.

you should definitely see a psychiatrist bud, it can only do well for you

Can't even begin to explain how well you've hit the nail on the head in a lot of ways in the first two paragraphs. We're tired. We take the suffering of the world and detrimentally refuse to let it seep into our personal lives.

The thing is, when you say that we don't actually care, that's exactly what hurts the most. Have you ever looked into the physician suicide rates? It's abysmal, and leads to the "physician shortage" that you hear about everyday. It's something that we vehemently deny, but few people understand. We suffer for you, but nobody wants to hear about that, bc most people assume that we're just living a lap of luxury and don't give af about about you, when it's really the other way around

Havent had any health problems lately but in my country they are a ridiculously privileged class. Only high school students that finish with an average of 18 out of 20 minimum can enroll in med school. Which its funny since foreign medics have no problem getting a job here.

>*is funny

I've stopped going to doctors because the ones around here are swamped with patients and are pricks anyways. I'd rather control my blood pressure through diet than take pills to do it. It's actually been quite wonderful.
Also they ignored my sleep apnea/insomnia issues. Fixed that myself, thanks for nothing, fucksticks.

You are a guildsman. You use the power of the state to restrict people from practicing a trade, yours.
You use this position to charge more for your services to such an extent that you are drawing our country towards communism just so that people don't have to go bankrupt to get fixed up.
I guess do your best job is all. It isn't up to you to change the law, but realize how it effects the integrity of your work when you act in concert with the state to extract more money from yourself.
I think it taints your soul.

Glorified drug dealers selling the public poison.... luckily our greatest allies against boomers, keep up the good work

You are the ones doing it for money. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU AREN'T IN CHARGE...
You are morally responsible for your own actions, no matter who you are or who told you to do something.

I think it's big business that makes money from prescriptions, invasive procedures and people staying sick. I don't think there is enough training on preventative measures and nutrition. I eat very healthy and exerciser regularly to stay healthy. I don't think most doctors really care so it's important to be your own advocate and research any diagnosis and medications they give.

They certainly don't mind the job security and monopolized salaries. And yeah yeah muh debt, but the reality is everyone entering the job market post 2008 has a negative bank account, but at least doctors have a chance to pay it back.

Didn't read but I'll give u a bump for that nice dogger pic

Doctors, although probably have good intentions, don't seem to do much. Just diagnose and prescribe. That's it. No shit, someone had a cold. No shit he/she needs certain pills. But a doctor doesn't do anything beyond the basics. Once things seem to be a tad more complicated beyond the obvious like a fancy a-la-carte order, they send you to someone else to deal with you, which costs more money again.

The people who I respect the most are surgeons. They learn, they know, and they actually perform.

I have quite the history of negative doctor life events: botched circumcision, prescribed OD of antibiotics as a kid, more recently high PSA, and no joke, trying to escape local church run facilities and instead losing that docs since he was shut down for being the leading opioid prescriber in the state. Not sure how anyone can be that dumb about not assuming you'll be caught for that.

It varies by area. In the rurals, my sister lived near the "death hospital" - most people that went there, died. In urban areas, I'm shocked how kind and accurate and proficient medical care is.

So, I've learned when to run and to shake off the mutilations and when to take advantage of competent medical care. Just need to keep up with the type of suck medical care can be.

>It's the blind leading the sighted with this shit,
If you take your oath serious you should fight this shit more than cancer.

Well you have answered all my comments on your question, my dads fine, and made a good thread in general. I want to ask you a question?

What brought you to Sup Forums? I know it wasn't just to make this and your other post, because you seem to have an understanding of our board culture. You've either posted other things, commented on other things, or lurked a lot of shit. What have you decided about red pills? Who better to ask about pills than a doctor?

Keep posting in the future, we need other topics than muh BBC and women's threads.

You doctors are just one of a myriad of parasites feeding on a dying host. I have already mentioned the players in the medical hustle but you want me to assauge your guilt by saing its more their fualt than yours. Nearly every industry in the world uses government to extract unearned atvantage over its customers and competitors. That is the essence of politics no matter what name it goes under; socialism, fascism. You should have the foresight to take a symbiotic approach instead. I does you no good to bleed your host dry and besides, every doctor is a patient at some point too. Like most industries you regulate yourselves. Because people trust doctors the AMA, your trade union has more self determination than probably any other industry. You have the clout to fix most if not all of what is wrong with the industry. A lot of things could be done without even getting congress involved as for the rest well if you doctors came out and said "this is how you fix the medical industry" then people would believe you. After all who would know better than a doctor, right? Let me end by saying that people trust doctors like small children trust their parents and for the same reasons; they have no choice and their lives depend on it. You have been betraying that trust for too long now. If you want to fix this problem you need to let any phylanthropist open a hospital, that wants to. You need to take the limit off of the number of seats in medical school. You need to get rid of affirmative action for doctors and certify everyone who meets the same high standard. You need to stop giving licenses to doctors educated abroad. This will result in more and higher quality doctors. What you lose in income you will gain in quality of life from fewer hours. You can also regain that wealth by taking it back from the insurance companies. People used to get checked out by the rotary club doctor but the AMA did away with that. As far as drugs go, it s

bump

As far as drugs go it should be illegal for you to make a dime off of any prescription, the drug companies shouldn't be able to advertise prescription drugs and the AMA should decide what schedule a substance goes on not the DEA.

I would pretty much rather die than willingly go to the hospital.

We had a local Dr. actually fucking come clean and say he works 3 or 4 days a week and makes 2.5 million dollars a year. He went SJW against the rising cost of healthcare

Same here, my wife thought I had a mini stroke the other day, I told her to bring me another beer.

Medical field is filled with sociopath s, I wouldn't trust you with shit.

medical malpractice is the third leading cause of death in the US.

Doctors dont try and help people, they peddle pills and prescriptions. Teres no cash in cures, just treatment.

I trust you as far as I can throw you.

You mean like proscribing him the same "anti-depressants" responsible for countless suicides and almost every school shooter in this country?

Fucking this

The AMA is full of kikes and your suggestions regarding perscription drugs would kill medical innovation

Look up SSRI's and benzodiazapines. They are bad news man. I suggest moving away from your family situation and getting a job doing manual labor outdoors where you will get lots of sushine fresh air and exercise. You will be amazed at how much better you feel. You just have to take that first step and get the ball rolling.

>the AMA has secured a government enforced monopoly on your behalf. This allows you to provide shitty service at an exorbitant price. They decide exactly how many hospital beds are allowed in every market and exactly how many doctors graduate from medical school every year.
Satan coming in with the /thread

What incentives do you propose to drive drug innovation in lieu of profit?

>and certify everyone who meets the same high standard.
Based. Certification for anyone who can smash a grueling 8-hour written + practical series of tests when?

you are a dirty kike. kys

I always demanded to see the white doctor. I won’t be treated by shitskin doctor

Every institution we have is captured by those rat bastards but I thought I would offer some suggestions in case (OP) was genuinely interested. As far as "killing innovation" thats the same threat (((they))) always make and I didn't even mention patents. There is a lot more to medical innovation than this pharmasecutical paradigm. Besides, I dont think you understands what really motivates curious and clever people to discover new things.

I've seen several doctors who couldn't give less of a shit about their patients, their sole concern was shekels. It also really fucking annoys me when a doctor doesn't really know what a certain person has so he just makes a guess and prescribes medication, as if the person isn't gobbling on dangerous chemicals.
After the above, I finally lost respect for doctors when I noticed that
1. the vast majority of diseases can be avoided if you live a healthy lifestyle, something completely under your control
2. modern medicine allows the survival of those who should die. Babies with fucked up syndromes are barely the tip of the ice((berg)) of this.

>I think we are bumping up against the law of diminishing returns when it comes to drugs
>most of the money made by drug companies does not go to those doing the research
>whole realms of inquiry are ignored in favor of drug research

this

Tbf most professions have a drift between NPCs and people who actually care. The difference is doctors can kill you. Allowing genetic atrocities to remain alive isn't any better.

Docs are responsible for letting themselves be manipulated into over-prescribing opioids, which has lead to millions of deaths.

>be manipulated into over-prescribing opioids
They do it because pharma companies pay them you idiot. This is no accident. Some doctors are literally treated like rockstars by companies, being paid expensive dinners, hookers and what not

The patients that go to the doctor/hospital the most are getting paid for by the government in the form of Medicaid and Medicare. Medicaid nigs and spics will abuse the shit out of it, going straight to the ER for allergic rhinitis or whatever other bullshit, rack up a $3000 bill and never pay a dime for it. Meanwhile, if I break my leg or something catastrophic happens, I am looking at a $10k bill which will turn into a battle with insurance over. I am probably going to see $3k of that at least. That's my punishment for being a middle class American that wasn't blessed with minority status.

I am a nursing student, almost finished, and I was doing clinicals in the ER last week. Some 20 something year old that's a patient at a Medicaid/Medicare "retirement home" (they'll take young crazies too) got coffee thrown in her face. We get the call and expect her to be fucked up. She has an itty bitty burn mark on her cheek, like 2cm with a tiny bit of swelling. She has the mental capacity of a 9 year old and can barely answer our questions. The doctor gives her Tylenol and bactracin and she gets her discharge papers. EMS should have just waited the 10 minutes it took for us to send her away, as we waited another hour for another EMS to take her back. He told us that whole ordeal is going to cost $2700, the majority of it being EMS transport. That's $2700 of our hard earned tax dollars going towards 15 minutes of work because, you know, why not? The retirement home had to cover their asses, no money out of their pockets. They have nurses there, they couldn't just say "you're good"? Seriously fuck this mess of a healthcare system. Burn it all to the ground, let these "low income" retards just die off, their retardation knows no ends.

From what I've seen so far most doctors are mental health doctors and I think they do realize that and most patients are mental health patients even if they don't realize that. That of course excludes professions like surgeons when you don't actually see or talk to the doctor, most of the time. There are also split between mental health and surgeon practice doctors like dental care.
(((mental health doctors))) and (((mental health patients))) kind of need each other for obvious reasons and also they need to stay on their medication for also abvious reasons. So it's almost like a win-win-win situation here. Everyone of course needs to be as transparent as possible to each other.

Also, we need to fix the stigma against family practitioners or just delegate the vast majority of them to NPs and PAs. Every single hospitalist I work with is some pajeet or Akunta straight from India, Ethiopia or some far away shit hole. Not a single one is a white male, not ONE. I know exactly why, because nobody goes to medical school here with aspirations of working family practice, they all want to go into a specialty where the big bux are! They look down on family practice physicians as what happens if you aren't a good student, so hospitals outsource to shitholes and bring in Dr. Kerpal and Dr. Akula to roam the floors. But you know, every cardiologist and oncologist is an old white male or female.

Raise the pay, make meat and potatoes medicine worth it again.

Well, over time cavities do get worse, don't they? I'm no dentist, but sound like your cavities just got worse