Has there been any truly great anime made in the past decade (2008-now)...

Has there been any truly great anime made in the past decade (2008-now). Anime that will be remembered as classics loved by fans and critics alike? I feel like nothing has come close to the high point in 2007. Pic obviously unrelated.

Psycho Pass

>haha i dislike a popular anime look at how cool i am Sup Forums xd

Psycho pass was a pretty good anime, but do you really think it has the staying power of something like SAC?

Ping Pong

That's it.

Considering people still can't shut up about wanting a third season, sure. It may not be as big as SAC, but it has staying power.

madoka

Unironically K-On.

Redline
Space Dandy

These, Tatami Galaxy, Shirobako, Shiki, Casshern Sins, Lupin III part 4, Hyouka, Sora no Woto, Flying Witch, Girls Und Panzer, KonoSuba, and a fuckton of other shows. Anime is still strong as fuck.

Do you really think any of these live up to Eva, GitS, Cowboy Bebop, TTGL, Akira, anything made by Satoshi Kon, any of Miyazaki older works, or even haruhi? Maybe OPM might have had a chance if it could have been a complete story. Maybe that's part of the problem, we rarely see anime that's meant to stand on its own merit anymore. They're all just commercials for the source material. Anime originals are still made, but not frequently enough to reliably produce gems.

2008: Macross Frontier
2009: Bakemonogatari
2010: The Tatami Galaxy
2011: Ano Hana
2012: Jinrui wa Suitai Shimasta
2013: Shingeki no Kyojin
2014: Parasyte
2015: Death Parade
2016: Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
2017: Little Witch Academia

monogatari series

stop letting nostalgia ruin your judgment

aria the origination of course.

Most of them do. It's funny that you think they don't but One Joke Man would, though when it front-loads its humor and themes in the first two episodes, spins its wheels, and becomes what it's allegedly parodying (using decades-old running jokes and elements).

this has to be the most retarded post i've retard today

But Death Parade and Erased are both garbage

Haruhi, Akira, and GitS were adaptions. So are several of Kon's and Miyazaki's works. That last point contradicts your first half.

idk m8 i just posted the best ratings on ANN
also it just shows the last 3 years the animes are quite garbage

Tatami Galaxy is just....

While those are all shows that are good, I wouldn't say they all hit the "remembered as classics" threshold.

The Last survey top 100 anime is dominate by tittles of the 2008 to the present.

They haven't had time yet.

A lot of the old anime are only still popular because of Toonami. Look at all the great anime from the 2000s that are overlooked because they weren't on Toonami.

Madoka is great, K-On is great. But they weren't on Toonami so they will be forgotten.
For an anime without nostalgia to survive into the future it needs to be much better.
K-On easily blows Outlaw Star and GitS:SAC out of the water, but because it has no nostalgia it needs to be much better. K-On may beat Outlaw Star, bit how does it measure against Akage no Anne? Because it's that quality it needs to be remembered, as the relatively obscure niche anime it is.

Stop being old and thinking cable is still relevant.

Kyoani comes out with a new classic every year without fail so yes

>urobuchi

I'm not saying that. But classics are picked just as much by what was aired that people could watch as quality. Outlaw Star became a classic because people watched it because they could, not because it's good.
If there are any modern classics, it needs to be something pooular that doesn't suck.
Attack on Titan may end up being remembered as a masterpiece for example.

>he doesn't exclusively watch seasonal "cute girls doing cute things" simulators
There are no "good" anime. It's always just been waifubait and fapbait meant to advertise merch/Manga/VN/LN etc. It's nothing but trash.

Attack on Titan will probably be remembered on the same level as, say, Trigun. Pretty prominent, but not a classic.

This. Rebellion included.

I'd also include Tatami Galaxy, Shirobako, K-On! as TV shows, to say nothing of movies.

Shingeki No Kyojin

>cute girls doing cute things
>those generalizations
Fuck off, newfag.

Your new is showing

Outlaw Star isn't a classic because no one actually watches it anymore. People still watch Madoka and K-ON for their first few anime. It's been close to thirty years since those Toonami shows have aired, demographics have changed.

I am genuinely curious as to how people, especially Western fans, view AoT in a decade.

Eva 3.0

Excellent retort. I'm hurt.

To all the haters; why are we still having several threads a day six years later?

Madoka already has classic status. Now if only they left it alone and didn't make Rebellion.

Boruto and Dragon Ball Super

HotD, IS, Strike Witches, GuP, OreImo, To Love Ru, DxD, Monogatari series, Madoka, K-On, SnK, SAO, OPM, are just some of the few that come to mind
Huge series with gigantic followings that are beloved by millions, critics are shitheads so they don't count

Attack on Titan and Steins Gate
Erased is a 9.5/10

This. Critics are full of shit. For example, long after we and the critics are dead and buried, people will still remember BvS while the MCU is forgotten. Anime doesn't even have any influential critics.

Nichijou is one of my favorite shows ever
Outlaw Star just started airing on Toonami again last week I think

Because the tripfag cancer needs a place to circlejerk. The threads don't even discuss the anime, it's just tripfags and a few anons using the thread like a discord, while posting Madoka images.

Cos you didn't watch them retard

Some of the ones I watched don't seem like they ought to be classics to me.

>TTGL being more than an 8/10
>fucking obvious Western shit taste

>Anohana
>Erased

The correct answer is

Explain why. I'm interested and not in a condescending way.
>caring about ratings at all
Fuck off.

Well, off that list, Flying Witch for example is a very laid-back anime. It was enjoyable and well put together, but there was never anything of huge literary significance that make it something everyone should watch. It was good, and that's all it tried to be or had to be. But it's not the sort of thing that's going to spark a whole new genre because of all the amazing things it did.
The only one that seems like it has the potential to be called a classic is KonoSuba, and that's not so much because it's so amazing on its own but because it's the cream of a large genre; ultimately I think it'll end up getting overshadowed but it at least has something to stand on as a part of the larger market.

I see. You and I have massively different ideas for what makes a classic but whatever.

user please kill yourself.

Adaptations yes, but maybe with exception of haruhi they were created to be viewed standing on their own, not as a supplement to the source material or a glorified commercial. Like the adaptation of the the first four volumes of this series? Buy the LN to find out what happens next!

Shiki, Hyouka, and Flying Witch from my list could easily be watched as a complete thing.

>thinking that people give a damn about your ratings
>giving so much of a damn about ratings that you legitimately use decimal points
You should really kill your actual physical self in real life IRL.

Go away Digibro

What the fuck? I've watched two videos from him and even based on those, he'd never say that shit.

Pic related was an instaclassic.

thats literally how digibro is my man

I agree, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Does she ever stop being annoying?

She never started.

His favorite series are K-On and Gintama

Kuroko no Basuke,
My hero academia,
steins gate,
bakuman,
erased,
attack on titan,
prison school

It would have been if they stuck to a single OVA. The second was good but not as good, the show has been mediocre in comparison.

Sakamoto Desu ga? should live on. It's fantastic.

Kemono Friends

Are you retarded?

Monogatari Series?

There was also Kaiji season two which was even better than the first season.

no

93 episodes and 3 Movies

Most shows don't get past 12 episodes, but Monogatari gets NINETY-FUCKING-THERE?!

>how come no series never get a full adaptation?
>a series gets a full adaptation
>oh no bro, how could they give this long series a lot of episodes, an amount necessary to complete it?

Shinsekai Yori was great despite some evident shortcomings.
Space Dandy was great too.

People are morons, it's nothing new

Fuck yar

sasuga, Sup Forums

anohana

damn, you just completely destroyed your post with that last one

>KLK not good

Hi Hipster.

K-On

>LWA

Ehhh, I saw it but I like Made in Abyss or Kakegurui better

Steins Gate yes